PDA

View Full Version : Stanton

SMAXXA
17-08-2014, 07:25 PM
I know it will be said another player bashing thread but I don't really care. For me Sam has been poor since the end of last season and is wasted played out on the wing he needs to be through the middle in my opinion.

he seems to have escaped a lot of criticism but for me today has been typical of him lately, offering us nothing and contributing very little to the game.

i do know he's young and he is is certainly talented but I think he needs dropped for a while. I really like him but don't want to see him another Harris overplaying him.

Needs to step upto the plate as too many passengers got us relegated last year.

same goes for handling who personally I don't think is good enough but time will tell.

Danderhall Hibs
17-08-2014, 07:26 PM
I know it will be said another player bashing thread but I don't really care. For me Sam has been poor since the end of last season and is wasted played out on the wing he needs to be through the middle in my opinion.

he seems to have escaped a lot of criticism but for me today has been typical of him lately, offering us nothing and contributing very little to the game.

i do know he's young and he is is certainly talented but I think he needs dropped for a while. I really like him but don't want to see him another Harris overplaying him.

Agreed. We've went way early on the hype with him.

hibee_girl
17-08-2014, 07:27 PM
:agree: He needs a spell on the bench, hoping Allan will come in for him next week, he can't be that unfit!

Heisenberg
17-08-2014, 07:31 PM
Totally agree on both Handling and Stanton. Kennedy in for Sammy and Allan in for Handling.

NadeAteMyLunch!
17-08-2014, 07:31 PM
I'd have Allan and Kennedy in for Sam and Robertson next Sat. Why on earth Allan and Kennedy weren't brought on at 0-0 when the game was there to be won I will never, ever know.

Pretty Boy
17-08-2014, 07:33 PM
Looks like he's lacking confidence. Not willing to try anything and trying to get away without getting too involved.

A few weeks on the bench and a few games for the 20s could be what he needs.

Billy Whizz
17-08-2014, 07:36 PM
Looks like he's lacking confidence. Not willing to try anything and trying to get away without getting too involved.

A few weeks on the bench and a few games for the 20s could be what he needs.

I agree, Sammy's a great talent, need to him to refocus and get back in form. Looks unhappy being played wide though

TowerHibs
17-08-2014, 07:37 PM
Someone has to tell me what Handling actually does......

A poor man's tam Mcmanus. Loves to hide

Jonnyboy
17-08-2014, 07:39 PM

same goes for handling who personally I don't think is good enough but time will tell.

A point made by my brother in the pre season games and one which I agree with SMAXXA :agree:

Brightside
17-08-2014, 07:52 PM
Someone has to tell me what Handling actually does......

A poor man's tam Mcmanus. Loves to hide

The same player that everyone was raving about after the Rangers game. Astounding stuff as ever from .net

He wasn't great today - but he got the pen and he did his work to close players down.

hibbymick
17-08-2014, 07:55 PM

Don't think its the players fault, I would be blaming the manager.

BH Hibs
17-08-2014, 08:00 PM
The same player that everyone was raving about after the Rangers game. Astounding stuff as ever from .net

He wasn't great today - but he got the pen and he did his work to close players down.

Nah mate let's just rip into the young boys and forget the senior players hiding. Just waiting on the anti Lewis thread coming up as well.

SlickShoes
17-08-2014, 08:38 PM
Nah mate let's just rip into the young boys and forget the senior players hiding. Just waiting on the anti Lewis thread coming up as well.

Lewis is a senior player, he played OK but his antics at the end were ridiculous.

Biggie
17-08-2014, 08:43 PM
Lewis is a senior player, he played OK but his antics at the end were ridiculous.

Aye slick, you could see he was letting his frustration get the better of him....

NorthNorfolkHFC
17-08-2014, 09:11 PM
If anything I'd have Stanton in replacing Robertson or replacing Handling in the 10 role.

Stubbs obviously likes handling though as he's played him loads.

This was always going to be the problem, Stubbs has come in and thought the terrible players are actually ok. We'd have been better getting rid of every single player and starting fresh.

gegs70
17-08-2014, 09:15 PM
I wasn't too excited by the 4 in midfield I'm sure hibs could do better, thought allan looked ok when he came on.We need a few players....no real support for aligooey.

steviehibsleith
17-08-2014, 10:25 PM
Stantons problem is he Is better with the ball in a central role but to play the central role you have to defend and be able to box to box. Hopefully this will come but right now it not working .

TowerHibs
18-08-2014, 10:29 AM

If they are old enough to get in the 1st team then old enough to get told when they are not playing well. Handling must have the least amount of touches on the park when he plays. Also agree that Stanton is not a left winger. Thought Harris done ok, Forster should like he is developing and Gray/Craig played well 1st half. Part from that, others can have a look at themselves

Expecting Rain
18-08-2014, 10:30 AM
All the good in his game at the moment is going to ruin by playing him wide.

Callum_62
18-08-2014, 10:33 AM
Farid was also a big nuisance...like the look of this guy- just needs some support

Stanton needs dropped- wasnt impressed last 6 weeks or so last season, and anon again this year so far.

Theres a player in there tho

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brightside
18-08-2014, 10:45 AM
I wasn't too excited by the 4 in midfield I'm sure hibs could do better, thought allan looked ok when he came on.We need a few players....no real support for aligooey.

We don't play 4 in midfield. Have you managed to catch the games this season?

MrRobot
18-08-2014, 10:56 AM
Stanton needs to be played in the middle. Much better and effective there.

1987kev
18-08-2014, 11:27 AM
Problem sammy got he weighs about 8 stone easy brushed of the ball. I thought last season he was overrated but a technical footballer would always struggle in that team but the 3 games this season nothing change the game passes him by for long periods.

ahibby
18-08-2014, 11:38 AM
I was asked last season by a player from another SPFL club what I thought of Sam and I said I thought he was good. The impression I got was the he didn't think Sam was good and this season I am beginning to think he was right. The first two games this season told me that Sam needs dropped and yesterday didn't convince me otherwise. Further Kennedy is pointless and if Scott Allan isn't better than Sam at the moment, then we have problems.

Springbank
18-08-2014, 01:42 PM
I'd have Allan and Kennedy in for Sam and Robertson next Sat. Why on earth Allan and Kennedy weren't brought on at 0-0 when the game was there to be won I will never, ever know.

Yep this

ahibby
18-08-2014, 01:55 PM
Stanton needs to be played in the middle. Much better and effective there.

is that why he missed sitters in front of goal?

StarMan10
18-08-2014, 02:14 PM
Agree that playing him out wide you don't get the best of him but he has also been rather poor in his all round play so far this season. His touch has seemed abit off IMO. Couple of under 20's games and appearances from the bench just to take the pressure off might work wonders. I trust Stubb's a hell of a lot more than Butcher to be able to deal with young players

Turkish Green
18-08-2014, 02:45 PM
Stubbs has got a big decision to make for the next league game against Falkirk. Does he stick with the tried and tested or does he bring in Allan, Kennedy, Booth and Cummings.

With such a small squad of senior players they are going to assume their places are safe.

Eyrie
18-08-2014, 05:08 PM
Stubbs has got a big decision to make for the next league game against Falkirk. Does he stick with the tried and tested or does he bring in Allan, Kennedy, Booth and Cummings.

With such a small squad of senior players they are going to assume their places are safe.

Fair point on the squad size. I can see Allan for the suspended Robertson as the only change at this stage. Need to get Kennedy and Cummings match fit to relieve Stanton and Handling.

Nutmegged
18-08-2014, 05:16 PM
These young guys make the break through and we instantly latch onto them and put unrealistic expectations onto their heads, we often tell ourselves that its merites as their performancs are proof of what we say but we really need to hang fire, young guys are erratic, theres never been a young player in history who haven't went through a downturn in form after making the break through, we're quite notorious for it though, Harris was the last one, Forster got it at times too amd I'm sure Cummings will get it in the neck too when he returns to the team and has a down turn in form.

We need a better squad, we need more experience in to talk kids like Stanton through a bad patch, starting threads on these players are inevitable in this day and age but all it does is highlight the player for all the wrong reasons and possibly make fans more likely to get on his back that bit quicker.

nellio
18-08-2014, 05:32 PM
Played his best football last year in the middle of the park. He should be pushed up into Handlings position or back into Craig's IMO