PDA

View Full Version : Note to Alan Stubbs !

Hibs7
17-08-2014, 05:12 PM
1. Find someone who can take a penalty ( because Craig can't, that was pathetic)

2. When one of our players is walking a tightrope because he has been booked and pushes the opposing players every time he tackles them. .... Substitute him before he gets sent off !!

3. Make substitutions when at 0-0 and the game is changing ( like Neilson did) not when we are 2-0 down!

4. Find a player who can beat a man and make space, like the Hearts 1st goal scorer did all game. Apart from when he was up against Lewis Stevenson !

5. Find a captain that inspires the team, not one who complains to the ref all the time !

6. Get Leeanne to spend some money on at least 2 more players !!!!

7. Get a team that beats Hearts every time !'

Or the crowds will not come back !!

carnoustiehibee
17-08-2014, 05:18 PM
Yip if agree to all that

scuttle
17-08-2014, 05:21 PM
And don't slaughter previous regimes too much in the press as it will come back and bite you on the bum

Oh and please play two up front

steviehibsleith
17-08-2014, 05:37 PM
2. When one of our players is walking a tightrope because he has been booked and pushes the opposing players every time he tackles them. .... Substitute him before he gets sent off !!

3. Make substitutions when at 0-0 and the game is changing ( like Neilson did) not when we are 2-0 down!

Points two and three relate to the same thing Substitutions. As a young new manager Stubbsy please grasp this if nothing else.

Danderhall Hibs
17-08-2014, 05:45 PM
TBF it's the first time Craig's missed a penalty. He panicked when the keeper went the right way but I doesn't mean we need a new penalty taker. I'd let him have the next one (if he wants it).

DaveF
17-08-2014, 05:48 PM
TBF it's the first time Craig's missed a penalty. He panicked when the keeper went the right way but I doesn't mean we need a new penalty taker. I'd let him have the next one (if he wants it).

He missed his last one against Stirling in pre season. Keeper saved it to the right.

Hibs7
17-08-2014, 05:48 PM

No it isn't be missed the last one a few weeks ago . . That is 2 on the trot !!
That was a complete and utter disgrace of a penalty for a professional player to take.

DaveF
17-08-2014, 05:50 PM
No it isn't be missed the last one a few weeks ago . . That is 2 on the trot !!
That was a complete and utter disgrace of a penalty for a professional player to take.

Hardly that! It was a pish penalty, but think you are over egging it a bit!

Danderhall Hibs
17-08-2014, 05:53 PM
Sorry paid no attention to the pre season games.

Pretty Boy
17-08-2014, 05:54 PM
The penalty should have been smashed as hard as he could.

Young keeper out to impress was always going to pick a side and pray. Big smash off the ground and it was a goal.

Easy to say with no pressure and hindsight though.

Zazu62
17-08-2014, 05:59 PM

Did he no miss one against Dunfermline in pre season a few weeks ago?

Hibs7
17-08-2014, 05:59 PM
Hardly that! It was a pish penalty, but think you are over egging it a bit!

Don't think so .. Even I could at least have got it on target and I have a bad knee ;-)

Danderhall Hibs
17-08-2014, 06:00 PM

Stirling apparently. Probably missed a couple in training as well.

eastmainsmsh
17-08-2014, 06:00 PM
Drop robertson and craig try n get some creativity in the team Notice Joe royle was at game today wonder if we are in discussions for some players

yekimevol
17-08-2014, 06:01 PM
1. Find someone who can take a penalty ( because Craig can't, that was pathetic)

4. Find a player who can beat a man and make space, like the Hearts 1st goal scorer did all game. Apart from when he was up against Lewis Stevenson !

5. Find a captain that inspires the team, not one who complains to the ref all the time !

:top marksTotally agree i all honesty, scares me that Neilson was the man that changed the game and not Stubbs; Looked that Stubbs had accepted the draw and was happy to leave the game with that and Neilson wanted the win so made changes to try and get it.

DaveF
17-08-2014, 06:02 PM

Yep, it was Dunfermline. For some reason I thought it was Stirling, so getting my games mixed up.

Danderhall Hibs
17-08-2014, 06:02 PM
Drop robertson and craig try n get some creativity in the team Notice Joe royle was at game today wonder if we are in discussions for some players

I was hoping he was scouting Nicholson.

emerald green
17-08-2014, 06:09 PM
What p***** me off is that Hibs miss their penalty, but they don't. That's the difference.

When you get chances, especially penalties, you have to take them or you will get punished, and so it turned out. A cliché I know, but it's very true.

It's not Alan Stubbs' fault a player can't score from a penalty, but maybe it's something the players should practice more? Even the best players in the world can make an a*** of a penalty as was seen at the recent World Cup.

matty_f
17-08-2014, 06:10 PM
Some great players have missed important penalties. It happens, it's not nice but FFS players are human, they're not infallible.

We f****** love a scapegoat on here,eh?

Jones28
17-08-2014, 06:12 PM
Remember Craig scored a penalty against Hearts last season. Swings and roundabouts

SunshineOnLeith
17-08-2014, 06:12 PM
The boy Noble for West Ham missed a pen yesterday - usually the most reliable around. It happens.

Hibs7
17-08-2014, 06:15 PM
The boy Noble for West Ham missed a pen yesterday - usually the most reliable around. It happens.

Big difference missing a penalty if it is well struck but, that today was pathetic !!!!

HFC07
17-08-2014, 06:19 PM

Yeah he did miss that one also, Stubbs after that game said missing pens is just one of those things.....
Surely he can't allow Craig to remain taking them.

SunshineOnLeith
17-08-2014, 06:19 PM
Big difference missing a penalty if it is well struck but, that today was pathetic !!!!

Noble put his wide as well.

keep the faith
17-08-2014, 06:20 PM
Point no 2 in the OP was the biggest issue today. Stubbs first big mistake.

Danderhall Hibs
17-08-2014, 06:20 PM
Noble put his wide as well.

Aye but he hit it hard and he hadn't missed one in preseason against a team that no one can quite remember.

Pete
17-08-2014, 06:21 PM
What is it that's giving people the impression that they're experts when it comes to football and makes them think they could do a better job than the management who work with the squad every day? Tactics, substitutions, player attributes, financial matters and penalty takers.

It must be computer games.

lobster
17-08-2014, 06:22 PM
We need a better midfield core.

Hibs7
17-08-2014, 06:23 PM
What is it that's giving people the impression that they're experts when it comes to football and makes them think they could do a better job than the management who work with the squad every day? Tactics, substitutions, player attributes, financial matters and penalty takers.

Everyone and there dog could see Robertson was a liability even before half time . ... So how come Stubbs and his back room staff couldn't see it ! Glaringly obvious what was going to happen !

Danderhall Hibs

Football manager and sky sports pundits.

"If I was him if have just done the 2 step, pause, walk and rolled it into the opposite corner from which the goalie dived".

Easy.

matty_f
Aye but he hit it hard and he hadn't missed one in preseason against a team that no one can quite remember.

:tee hee:

scuttle
17-08-2014, 06:26 PM
We should be practicing pens, if we could take them properly we would still be in the SPL

Eyrie
17-08-2014, 06:36 PM
Some great players have missed important penalties. It happens, it's not nice but FFS players are human, they're not infallible.

It's not THAT he missed it but HOW he missed it that annoys me. As regards scapegoating, Robertson is the only name on my list at present.

Football manager and sky sports pundits.

"If I was him if have just done the 2 step, pause, walk and rolled it into the opposite corner from which the goalie dived".

Easy.

But that does work. And when you consider Craig was up against a keeper on debut who's desperate to make up for being wrongly adjudged to have conceded the penalty in the first place, then it's inevitable that Hamilton would have picked a side and flung himself in hope. An experienced penalty taker like Craig should recognise that and take advantage, not rush at the ball like he's just wanting to get it over with. A more controlled run up would at least have been on target.

Danderhall Hibs
17-08-2014, 06:38 PM
It's not THAT he missed it but HOW he missed it that annoys me. As regards scapegoating, Robertson is the only name on my list at present.

But that does work. And when you consider Craig was up against a keeper on debut who's desperate to make up for being wrongly adjudged to have conceded the penalty in the first place, then it's inevitable that Hamilton would have picked a side and flung himself in hope. An experienced penalty taker like Craig should recognise that and take advantage, not rush at the ball like he's just wanting to get it over with. A more controlled run up would at least have been on target.

It doesn't work all the time. Just like Craig's style of waiting on the keeper clearly doesn't work all the time.

Eyrie
17-08-2014, 06:41 PM
It doesn't work all the time. Just like Craig's style of waiting on the keeper clearly doesn't work all the time.

No method is perfect but we saw what happens when Craig doesn't wait on the keeper and I know which I'd prefer. If you're going to belt it, then focus on putting the ball where you want it to go and don't look at the keeper.

Danderhall Hibs
17-08-2014, 06:51 PM
No method is perfect but we saw what happens when Craig doesn't wait on the keeper and I know which I'd prefer. If you're going to belt it, then focus on putting the ball where you want it to go and don't look at the keeper.

The pause routine relies on the keeper diving as well. Nothing is 100% effective.

Pete
17-08-2014, 06:53 PM
I would have shut my eyes and toe-poked it as hard as I could.

Danderhall Hibs
17-08-2014, 06:58 PM
I would have shut my eyes and toe-poked it as hard as I could.

You've been playing too much FIFA.

Scouse Hibee
17-08-2014, 07:09 PM

:faf: Brilliant. Not as bad a miss then!!!

Danderhall Hibs
17-08-2014, 07:10 PM
:faf: Brilliant. Not as bad a miss then!!!

Not quite sure if you've grasped I was taking the piss or not?

Scouse Hibee
17-08-2014, 07:12 PM
Not quite sure if you've grasped I was taking the piss or not?

:aok: Of course hence the hilarious smiley, made me laugh out loud when I read it

Danderhall Hibs
17-08-2014, 07:18 PM
:aok: Of course hence the hilarious smiley, made me laugh out loud when I read it

Good stuff - thought you were laughing at me rather than with me. :greengrin

Brooster
17-08-2014, 07:19 PM
What's this tosh about waiting to see what side the keeper is diving to? Why does Craig not just pick a corner and pass it hard into said corner?

Danderhall Hibs
17-08-2014, 07:20 PM
What's this tosh about waiting to see what side the keeper is diving to? Why does Craig not just pick a corner and pass it hard into said corner?

Cos he's had success in the past with his preferred routine of waiting in the keeper diving.

Brooster
17-08-2014, 07:23 PM
Cos he's had success in the past with his preferred routine of waiting in the keeper diving.

He's made a complete hash of the last 2.

NadeAteMyLunch!
17-08-2014, 07:26 PM
Can't understand why more players don't stick penalties high down the centre of the goal. Annoyingly, exactly like Hearts done today. Alan Shearer made a career out of smashing penalties down the centre. 99 times out of 100 a keeper will pick a side and dive. It was so obvious that young keeper today was going to fling himself to a side, most likely the side he did as that's where most of Craig's penalties have been scored

mca
17-08-2014, 07:26 PM

So a Wee young 20 year old laddie- was told " 9 out of 10 " he puts it to your Right.. !!! :rolleyes:

HomeWork..eh.. :wink:

Danderhall Hibs
17-08-2014, 07:30 PM
He's made a complete hash of the last 2.

Aye but one was in a bounce game.

So a Wee young 20 year old laddie- was told " 9 out of 10 " he puts it to your Right.. !!! :rolleyes:

HomeWork..eh.. :wink:

Or maybe just goalies dive 9/10 to their right?

Logic eh :wink:

TowerHibs
17-08-2014, 07:43 PM
Yep, it was Dunfermline. For some reason I thought it was Stirling, so getting my games mixed up.

You should be dropped from this forum....or is it ok to mastakes?????

Pretty Boy
17-08-2014, 07:45 PM
You should be dropped from this forum....or is it ok to mastakes?????

Daves a firm fans favourite and also a player/manager if you will.

He's not getting dropped.

grunt
17-08-2014, 07:48 PM
Daves a firm fans favourite and also a player/manager if you will.

He's not getting dropped.Whoosh?

Pretty Boy
17-08-2014, 07:50 PM
Whoosh?

Nope.

Tongue firmly in cheek.

BS44
17-08-2014, 08:40 PM

Why didn't you post this before the game today?

Eyrie
17-08-2014, 09:32 PM

Do you think that the rookie Hamilton would have had the nerve to wait until Craig made contact with the ball before diving?

Craig deviated from his usual routine with disastrous consequences and only managed to pass the ball hard past the post. Needs to focus on what works for him - we saw under Butcher what happens when he is asked to do something he isn't suited to.

EastCalderHibby
17-08-2014, 09:45 PM
Everyone and there dog could see Robertson was a liability even before half time . ... So how come Stubbs and his back room staff couldn't see it ! Glaringly obvious what was going to happen !

could say the same for prick boble should have seen red 4 free kicks before eventually getting booked at least 3 more after booking
scored the pen and lasted the 90

blackpoolhibs
17-08-2014, 09:50 PM

He finds it hard enough to find a green shirt, trying to find a foot or so in the corner of the goals would be virtually impossible for him.:rolleyes:

.Sean.
17-08-2014, 10:18 PM
Been impressed so far but dare I say it he reminded me of Fenlon with his unwillingness to make a sub and not having the nous to change it tactically. Today was a big test and he failed miserably.

Stranraer
17-08-2014, 10:22 PM

:agree: the guy two along from me was balling at Craig from that moment on. As if he is Rowan Vine or Junior Agogo. Disappointed at the amount of abuse he got for missing.

blackpoolhibs
17-08-2014, 10:33 PM
Alan Stubbs came to the club and gave us the usual spiel about only bringing in quality players, who are better than the ones they have replaced.

Well neede 8 new players from last seasons team, but today we started with 8 of the team that took us down, i never thought this would be the case.

.Sean.
17-08-2014, 10:52 PM
Alan Stubbs came to the club and gave us the usual spiel about only bringing in quality players, who are better than the ones they have replaced.

Well neede 8 new players from last seasons team, but today we started with 8 of the team that took us down, i never thought this would be the case.

Wondered how long until the resident doom merchant would seep in.

If the likes of yourself and the thousands of others in your ilk stumped up and paid the going rate for a season ticket as opposed to moaning and waiting for the fairies to sprinkle some magic dust we'd be in a far better nic.

blackpoolhibs
17-08-2014, 10:56 PM
Wondered how long until the resident doom merchant would seep in.

If the likes of yourself and the thousands of others in your ilk stumped up and paid the going rate for a season ticket as opposed to moaning and waiting for the fairies to sprinkle some magic dust we'd be in a far better nic.

Hahahaha, did you think we'd be starting this seasons games with 8 of the team that took us down? I was going to come up next week, but after that today i wont be bothering. i will leave the fairies for you.

macd123
18-08-2014, 04:46 AM
Stirling apparently. Probably missed a couple in training as well.

Definitely against dunfermline

steviehibsleith
18-08-2014, 06:12 AM
Goalie RB CF only 3 changes to last season Blackpool Hibs makes a fair point. You simply retort it's the fans fault for not buying season tickets but the fans were expecting a clear out instead we still see the same faces. For the record AS gets my vote just think it's going to take some time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk