PDA

View Full Version : How to get back to top 5 in the SPL and making Europe every season.

Latapy1911
17-08-2014, 04:29 PM
Liam Craig, Scott Robertson, Lewis Stevenson and Michael Nelson are not good enough to play for Hibs. So get rid when found suitable replacements

Stanton, Harris, Handling and Foster have potential and should stay but should still be learning more than being thrown into the deep end and playing every week.

With that said here's my team to get us back to top 5 and making europe every season.

GK - Buy Oxley
DR - Give Gray a chance but if crap then buy New
DL - New
DC - New
DC - New
MR - New
ML - New
MC - New
MC - New
FC - New
FC - El Alagui - potential to score 25 goals + a season with correct service

It's really that simple.

Bobby's Cinema
17-08-2014, 04:32 PM
I'm glad you're not in charge

MSK
17-08-2014, 04:35 PM
Liam Craig, Scott Robertson, Lewis Stevenson and Michael Nelson are not good enough to play for Hibs. So get rid when found suitable replacements

Stanton, Harris, Handling and Foster have potential and should stay but should still be learning more than being thrown into the deep end and playing every week.

With that said here's my team to get us back to top 5 and making europe every season.

GK - Buy Oxley
DL - New
DC - New
DC - New
MR - New
ML - New
MC - New
MC - New
FC - New

It's really that simple.I would have Booth at left back ..or at least give him a bash at it..

HoboHarry
17-08-2014, 04:37 PM

GK - Buy Oxley
DL - New
DC - New
DC - New
MR - New
ML - New
MC - New
MC - New
FC - New

It's really that simple.
Brilliant. You should apply for the vacancy at Crystal Palace.

:rolleyes:

Alfred E Newman
17-08-2014, 04:38 PM

GK - Buy Oxley
DL - New
DC - New
DC - New
MR - New
ML - New
MC - New
MC - New
FC - New

It's really that simple.

Oh well, lets hope you win the lottery and maybe you can help us oot.

BT58
17-08-2014, 04:39 PM
To the OP....
Ring up an Arab/ Russian billionaire .
Hey presto ... The best team in the worlde !!!
Aint gonna happen in my lifetime tho
LOL

Pretty Boy
17-08-2014, 04:40 PM
I would have Booth at left back ..or at least give him a bash at it..

Likewise.

And move Lewis into the holding role in midfield.

AgentDaleCooper
17-08-2014, 04:42 PM

GK - Buy Oxley
DL - New
DC - New
DC - New
MR - New
ML - New
MC - New
MC - New
FC - New

It's really that simple.

you should buy football manager, you'd love it :aok:

Dave-O
17-08-2014, 04:47 PM

GK - Buy Oxley
DL - New
DC - New
DC - New
MR - New
ML - New
MC - New
MC - New
FC - New

It's really that simple.

There's not much there I'd disagree with mate, apart from maybe punting Oxley, we'll be lucky to get 3 goals out him this season, never a striker. :aok:

Steve20
17-08-2014, 04:58 PM
Top 5 in the SPL??? We'll be lucky to be in the top flight anytime soon.

Leitherhibs
17-08-2014, 05:02 PM

GK - Buy Oxley
DL - New
DC - New
DC - New
MR - New
ML - New
MC - New
MC - New
FC - New

It's really that simple.

One of the poorest posts I've read, ever.

Michael
17-08-2014, 05:08 PM
I think this is the first time I've genuinely laughed out loud at a post. Top stuff OP.

tamig
17-08-2014, 05:18 PM

GK - Buy Oxley
DL - New
DC - New
DC - New
MR - New
ML - New
MC - New
MC - New
FC - New

It's really that simple.

Lol :-)

The_Exile
17-08-2014, 05:25 PM

GK - Buy Oxley
DL - New
DC - New
DC - New
MR - New
ML - New
MC - New
MC - New
FC - New

It's really that simple.

Hiya Terry!!!! Take it you're bored of the gardening already?

NadeAteMyLunch!
17-08-2014, 05:27 PM
Why has Stevenson been mentioned again? He was solid today. As aways

SaulGoodman
17-08-2014, 05:27 PM

GK - Buy Oxley
DL - New
DC - New
DC - New
MR - New
ML - New
MC - New
MC - New
FC - New

It's really that simple.

Thanks for cheering me up :faf: :faf:

You're right! It really is that simple! All we have to do is sign good players that can score goals! Why doesn't ever team do this?! I think you're on to something!!

scuttle
17-08-2014, 05:31 PM
Can we not just cheat instead

DH1875
17-08-2014, 05:55 PM

GK - Buy Oxley
DL - New
DC - New
DC - New
MR - New
ML - New
MC - New
MC - New
FC - New

It's really that simple.

So all it will take is a whole new team then? No sh*t Sherlock.

Pretty Boy
17-08-2014, 05:59 PM

GK - Buy Oxley
DL - New
DC - New
DC - New
MR - New
ML - New
MC - New
MC - New
FC - New

It's really that simple.

So all we need is a whole new team. Easy.

Oxley

Gray
Pique
Hummels
Lahm

Ronaldo
Schweinsteigger
Iniesta
Bale

Messi

El Alagui.

Promoted and top 5 no bother. This managements larks piss easy, don't know what the big deal is.

Eyrie
17-08-2014, 06:10 PM
So all we need is a whole new team. Easy.

Oxley

Gray
Pique
Hummels
Lahm

Ronaldo
Schweinsteigger
Iniesta
Bale

Messi

El Alagui.

Promoted and top 5 no bother. This managements larks piss easy, don't know what the big deal is.

Yaya Toure has just tweeted that he's hurt you left him out. Looks like you need to work on your man management skills :wink:

Pretty Boy
17-08-2014, 06:11 PM
Yaya Toure has just tweeted that he's hurt you left him out. Looks like you need to work on your man management skills :wink:

And after I spent all that cash on his birthday cake.

Spike Mandela
17-08-2014, 06:25 PM

GK - Buy Oxley
DL - New
DC - New
DC - New
MR - New
ML - New
MC - New
MC - New
FC - New

It's really that simple.

Unfortunately you are correct. Squad is packed with poor players not good enough to get us promoted.

Eyrie
17-08-2014, 06:30 PM
Unfortunately you are correct. Squad is packed with poor players not good enough to get us promoted.

Fortunately the same can be said about the other nine teams in this league. Hearts were better than us today with a settled team at home but we're behind them in preparation time so I expect that gap to close (and hopefully reverse) by the next derby.

I've seen nothing so far to make me concerned about not featuring in the playoffs, and I'll back our chances when that happens.

AgentDaleCooper
17-08-2014, 06:34 PM

get kallstrom and tijani babangida signed first, if that doesn't work - cheating time.

SaulGoodman
17-08-2014, 06:40 PM
I think we should sign Titus Bramble

James.
17-08-2014, 06:45 PM
http://www.footballdatabase.eu/football.joueurs.jason.new.110768.en.html

Jason New retired in 2001. I don't think he's the guy we should be cloning for this super-team.

Hibs1992
17-08-2014, 09:22 PM
Why has Stevenson been mentioned again? He was solid today. As aways

I know it's a dangerous game to criticise Stevenson on this forum but I genuinely believe, and have done for several seasons, that he is not what we need. He is a neat and tidy player granted but his inability to beat a man or put in a cross of any quality is a real problem. The number of times I have seen him check back when in possession or simply hit a cross straight against the defender's legs is beyond count.

He is a great lad and his commitment to Hibs has been superb, but if we are to progress we need to stop accepting mediocrity.

Maybe he is better in midfield but I would rather see Scott Allan move in there.

If Booth is not good enough to push Lewis out of the team then finding a new LB should be top of the priority list for Stubbs.

WestEndHibee
17-08-2014, 09:26 PM

Menu section and Circle, X, Square, Square, Triangle, Triangle, Circle, Circle should do the trick