PDA

View Full Version : Never ceases to amaze me.... Ever!!!

ArmadaleHibs
17-08-2014, 02:56 PM
Every single effin time we seem to turn a tiny little corner were once again found wanting after playing that complete and utter pile of sh€$e. I just don't get it. I left as soon as they got the penalty. Every team In the past several years have had many a terrific day against that lot, but us, we capitulate every single time. Another fantastic hibs support let down by what seems to be the norm. Slag whatever player you want, slag the manager, slag the back room staff, slag the board if it makes you feel better. There's only one guarantee, and that is that hibs will suck us all in again with a handful of results until we meet them again and I can pretty much guarantee you the outcome.

I'm effin sick to the back teeth of it. What is our problem? I do not get it. They are effin rank rotten yet still manage to do us nearly every time

ChooseLife
17-08-2014, 03:01 PM
we'll beat them in the play offs but.

easty
17-08-2014, 03:03 PM
It's not even like they had a strong home support today cheering them on to a result. Didn't hear a peep out of them until they scored.

yankyhibby
17-08-2014, 03:09 PM
[QUOTE=

I'm effin sick to the back teeth of it. What is our problem? I do not get it. They are effin rank rotten yet still manage to do us nearly every time[/QUOTE]

You are not alone in feeling this way. The answer is simple: We do not collectively believe that we will win against that lot. When our captain blows a chance to gain a psychological edge, that deja vu feeling likely returned and was felt by those players who relegated us last season and who suffered capitulation after capitulation, derby defeat after derby defeat. Alan Stubbs knows we have an inferiority complex and has commented on it. Changing the collective mental side of his players is his greatest challenge. This defeat will set the players back for a while and A.S.knows he will have his work cut out getting many of last seasons players to truly believe in their ability to win against that lot.
On the positive side, we matched them physically over the piece and can take heart from this, but A.S. must surely bring in more new faces before the deadline: faces who will bring in fresh mind sets, unaffected by recollections of 5 derby defeats in 12 months.

gegs70
I think midfield could have been stronger. Stanton and Harris, Harris was good in the 1st half then disappeared in the 2nd...Stanton I'm not sure he is That good??

Allan looked good but we have the same issue as last season we need more goal threat in the team and the midfield just doesn't offer that....

Turkish Green
They are effin rank rotten yet still manage to do us nearly every time

This being the case, what does that make Hibs?

IMO Hibs lost the midfield. Gomis, Bauben and Holt dominated for large spells. Craig and Robertson were poor especially at Nicholson's goal where they both gave him too much space to set up the shot.

But hey, you keep that chip firmly wedged into you shoulder. Me, I expect roles to change by the next derby at ER.

Alfred E Newman
17-08-2014, 03:10 PM
As was pointed out on the radio, it's still basically the same side that were relegated. There is maybe an improvement on the playing side but there is still a losing mentality throughout the team. They have a fear of losing , that was evident the longer the game went.

Steve20
17-08-2014, 03:11 PM
We didn't turn a corner though. People thinking a few friendlies and scraping a home win against Livi was turning a corner were deluded. I don't blame Stubbs, he was left with a team of useless bottlers

BoltonHibee
17-08-2014, 03:18 PM
We didn't turn a corner though. People thinking a few friendlies and scraping a home win against Livi was turning a corner were deluded. I don't blame Stubbs, he was left with a team of useless bottlers

We are as bad as we ever have been, turned a little corner my arse... It baffles me sometimes.

Green Man
17-08-2014, 03:21 PM
It's not even like they had a strong home support today cheering them on to a result. Didn't hear a peep out of them until they scored.

I couldn't believe how quiet they were on the radio. I actually thought we'd scored our penalty as it was so quiet. Would have expected to hear a big reaction from them.

Diclonius
17-08-2014, 03:30 PM
Was not at all surprised by the result today. We came in unprepared and unstaffed and they as usual were fired up and ready for what they see as THE game of the season. Textbook derby.

The question is, will we get our act together and kick on from here or will it be same old, same old? The question's been asked many times before, but now more than ever we need to answer in the affirmative.

NAE NOOKIE
17-08-2014, 03:34 PM
Every single effin time we seem to turn a tiny little corner were once again found wanting after playing that complete and utter pile of sh€$e. I just don't get it. I left as soon as they got the penalty. Every team In the past several years have had many a terrific day against that lot, but us, we capitulate every single time. Another fantastic hibs support let down by what seems to be the norm. Slag whatever player you want, slag the manager, slag the back room staff, slag the board if it makes you feel better. There's only one guarantee, and that is that hibs will suck us all in again with a handful of results until we meet them again and I can pretty much guarantee you the outcome.

I'm effin sick to the back teeth of it. What is our problem? I do not get it. They are effin rank rotten yet still manage to do us nearly every time

Utterly sums it up ..................... Can there be a club in the world with such a pathetic derby record over the last 20 years?

cabbageandribs1875
17-08-2014, 03:42 PM
As was pointed out on the radio, it's still basically the same side that were relegated. There is maybe an improvement on the playing side but there is still a losing mentality throughout the team. They have a fear of losing , that was evident the longer the game went.

i disagree...it's a fear of winning we have :greengrin

CalgaryHibs
17-08-2014, 03:49 PM

Correct we just can't beat hearts no matter what the game and division there players are allways up to play us we are never

BT58
17-08-2014, 03:59 PM
So out of the 11 who took us down from last year we had 3 new players playing...
Stubbsy do yourself a favour mate..either get more in from Everton or get others in
At least he knows now what the job he has on his hands
Aye the fans were brilliant,, but unfortunately they dinnae wear the jerseys !!!!

Phil D. Rolls
17-08-2014, 04:01 PM

It was three points, that's all. Stay strong. :aok:

NAE NOOKIE
17-08-2014, 04:10 PM

Not to Hearts obviously .................... that's why they always fing win and why we have to stop treating derby matches like that.

whiskyhibby
17-08-2014, 04:12 PM
I think Hibs were very comfortable in the match, Alaguis goal was a peach and their goal keeper had a great save before the Hibs goal, we definitely should have something out of today's match.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Danderhall Hibs
17-08-2014, 04:36 PM
Utterly sums it up ..................... Can there be a club in the world with such a pathetic derby record over the last 20 years?

Spurs?

sleeping giant
17-08-2014, 05:03 PM
It's not just 3 points though is it ?

bobbyhibs1983
17-08-2014, 05:20 PM

very well said sir 100% right imo

Its a sad story of events when we, as a club would rather settle for a point then win , esp in a derby.

I howeve ram unsure how we get out of this rut though?s you said there seems to be a mental losing mentallity throughout the team.
Yje worst thing i felt and of course imo is when they scored i felt damn thats them won, i meant in the sense, upto that point we had 2 maybe 3 little chances.THIS seems to be the norm against that lot. who could WE turn to spark that *something*
who could we look to to score?

It is annoying to always seemingly lose to them, no matter how even a game is, or how good we seem to play previously agianst other teams we go into the game against heartz sorta knowing it ll be a close game, and we ll lose it.

alexhibs
17-08-2014, 06:41 PM

It doesnt matter what manager or players we have it's always the same end result well 99% of the time it's uncanny

Jonnyboy
17-08-2014, 06:45 PM

Pains me to say it but that's, IMO a Hibs.net myth. They are better than we are prepared to admit. Last season, with a bunch of raw kids, they still amassed more points than we did.

matty_f
17-08-2014, 06:54 PM
The margins were very fine today, the game could easily have gone either way, in fact the Yams weren't that far from chucking a 2 goal lead.
I don't think it was a mentality issue or that we didn't realise the importance of the game. When the Yams conceded the penalty it wasn't because they were insufficiently prepared for the game, or because they had a loser's mentality yet on another day it could have been catastrophic for them -how often recently have we seen the team that scores first in the derby go on to win it? Like I said, fine margins.

We need to be careful that we see this for what it was, a narrow defeat to a team who look roughly as good as we are. It's not a sign that the weaknesses of last season are still prevailing, or that we're miles off the pace, or that we have accepted an inferiority to the Yams.
It was a sore defeat, we never want to lose to them but let's keep some perspective. Stubbs has had a few weeks with this team, it's going to take longer than that to fix us.

hibsbollah
17-08-2014, 07:00 PM
The margins were very fine today, the game could easily have gone either way, in fact the Yams weren't that far from chucking a 2 goal lead.
I don't think it was a mentality issue or that we didn't realise the importance of the game. When the Yams conceded the penalty it wasn't because they were insufficiently prepared for the game, or because they had a loser's mentality yet on another day it could have been catastrophic for them -how often recently have we seen the team that scores first in the derby go on to win it? Like I said, fine margins.

We need to be careful that we see this for what it was, a narrow defeat to a team who look roughly as good as we are. It's not a sign that the weaknesses of last season are still prevailing, or that we're miles off the pace, or that we have accepted an inferiority to the Yams.
It was a sore defeat, we never want to lose to them but let's keep some perspective. Stubbs has had a few weeks with this team, it's going to take longer than that to fix us.

:top marks

greenpaper55
17-08-2014, 07:02 PM
Don't give any of the **** who look on in here ammunition, we deserved something from the game today and we must remember Rome wasn't built in a day. Anyone who was at the last Derby at ER could see we were a different outfit from the one that played that day.

The Magic Wand
17-08-2014, 07:08 PM

I couldn't agree more with this post matty lad.

jdships
17-08-2014, 07:13 PM

:agree:I go along with that 100%
Let's give Stubbs a fair chance before we start criticising him - PLEASE :rolleyes:

Baldy Foghorn
17-08-2014, 07:17 PM

:top marks:top marks A bit of perspective needed

Pretty Boy
17-08-2014, 07:18 PM

Well said Matty. Again.

Danderhall Hibs
17-08-2014, 07:19 PM

Too many words mate. But I agree with the sentiment :greengrin

Swedish hibee
17-08-2014, 07:20 PM

It was Stubbs 1st derby. You can't blame him for what has gone on a Hibs over the years. He'll learn from it- as will the players.

Hibs1992
17-08-2014, 07:22 PM

One of the few rational posts I have come across tonight. Well said.

Bitterly disappointing result, but let's not condemn ourselves to failure this season after two games.

carnoustiehibee
17-08-2014, 07:24 PM

I think you can't be further from the truth

Bearders
17-08-2014, 07:26 PM
:agree:I go along with that 100%
Let's give Stubbs a fair chance before we start criticising him - PLEASE :rolleyes:

Apart from not making changes sooner , I am prepared to give AS time. Sam S was way off the pace, Robertson cannot last beyond 60 minutes and Danny was barely involved. Changes were needed much sooner. Neilson or Levein seized initiative and made changes. Did they influence result? Not sure. Keeping Robertson on sure did. As did Craig's shocking pen attempt.

emerald green
17-08-2014, 07:28 PM

I agree. I think a lot of the criticism from some posters may just come from a sense of complete frustration and disappointment that Hibs have lost this latest derby when possibly they deserved a draw at least. We just rarely seem to get the "rub of the green" against Hertz. I've got that same old familiar horrible feeling in the pit of my stomach as I'm typing this post. I'll never get used to it.

The supporters must give AS and his team time to repair the damage that's been done to this club on the footballing side over I'd say the last 6/7 years.

The squad is still threadbare IMO and we have to get a few more good players in this month. Whether or not the club can afford to do that is the $64,000 question.

MrSmith
17-08-2014, 07:30 PM

problem is, if we lose headway because of time, we aint gonna be in the hunt with the pack! we were promised a sign of intent by hibs and quite frankly, it was a poor attempt to get money out of fans who are completely sick if the state of the club!

Turkish Green
17-08-2014, 07:40 PM

Well said. A lot of the problem is of our own making. Over the past week we have had prediction threads on here building up a false sense of expectation. It is the normal practice before derby games but we go into these games expecting an outstanding win when in reality that was never going to be the case.

The difference between the teams today came down to the outcome of two penalties. It was a more even match that many of late. Let us give AS our backing and maybe the next derby will be in Hibs' favour.

LancashireHibby
17-08-2014, 07:46 PM
Score the penalty and it's a different game. We could do with a bit of a bruiser in midfield and a little more spark in attack but we're not too far away on today's performance.

One Day
17-08-2014, 08:02 PM
It doesnt matter what manager or players we have it's always the same end result well 99% of the time it's uncanny

This, New manager new regime, same old sh*te.

OsloHibs
17-08-2014, 08:47 PM
This, New manager new regime, same old sh*te.

FFS, Give the man a chance.

One Day
17-08-2014, 08:57 PM
FFS, Give the man a chance.

I'm more than happy to "give the man a chance" but today was the same sh*it as seen more often than not against them and its always sore to take

EastCalderHibby
17-08-2014, 09:25 PM

just like their big brothers ONLY sing when winning ****
:gwa:

Hermit Crab
18-08-2014, 11:28 AM
Spurs?

Bristol rovers.

Baader
18-08-2014, 11:41 AM
Am I amazed at Hibs losing a derby...? No!

ekhibee
18-08-2014, 11:48 AM

I totally agree about it being fine margins, and that there wasn't much between the teams. What worries me is that unless we strengthen up and bring more players in we will be stuck with a squad of 18 players until Jan. I'm paranoid, I openly admit that, but I'm starting to believe that Stubbs has probably been told there's little or no more money to spend on the team in any case. That would partially explain why we've still got most of the team that were so poor last season, he just can't afford to change the whole team, for a good while anyway. IMO we shouldn't be just concerned with Hearts and Rangers, QOS and Falkirk will certainly be no pushover with the squad we've got at the moment.It's very early days into the season though, so we'll see.

Sammy7nil
18-08-2014, 11:50 AM
This being the case, what does that make Hibs?

IMO Hibs lost the midfield. Gomis, Bauben and Holt dominated for large spells. Craig and Robertson were poor especially at Nicholson's goal where they both gave him too much space to set up the shot.

But hey, you keep that chip firmly wedged into you shoulder. Me, I expect roles to change by the next derby at ER.

You keep expecting I have for years and it never changes. Hearts have won more Derbies at ER than Hibs FFS !

blackpoolhibs
18-08-2014, 11:50 AM
Pains me to say it but that's, IMO a Hibs.net myth. They are better than we are prepared to admit. Last season, with a bunch of raw kids, they still amassed more points than we did.

:agree:, you will now be classed as a troll and even a non Hibby. I wonder what folk actually see when they go to the games at times.

We can all see the change of style under Stubbs, that was a must. Yet we still have the majority of those who took us down starting, 8 yesterday.

This has to change, and change quickly for us to challenge in my opinion.

yankyhibby
18-08-2014, 02:49 PM
:agree:, you will now be classed as a troll and even a non Hibby. I wonder what folk actually see when they go to the games at times.

We can all see the change of style under Stubbs, that was a must. Yet we still have the majority of those who took us down starting, 8 yesterday.

:agree: I agree 100%. Alan Stubbs must surely bring in fresh faces with drive, belief and determination to win at all costs.

matty_f
18-08-2014, 04:51 PM

Has anyone called Jonnyboy a troll or a non-Hibby yet?

Leith Green
18-08-2014, 06:07 PM
Bristol rovers.

Everton

Danderhall Hibs
18-08-2014, 06:27 PM

Are you trolling?

matty_f
18-08-2014, 08:02 PM
Are you trolling?

I was just curious. Couldn't think how else to word the question. I couldn't see it on this thread but I've not read all the threads.

Canongatehibs
18-08-2014, 08:20 PM

Totally agree mate.

Unfortunately, they seem to somehow always raise their game when they face ANY Hibs side. From u16 right through.
Obsessed with us.

Jonnyboy
18-08-2014, 08:41 PM

Not yet

Signed

A non-Hibby troll :greengrin

Pretty Boy
18-08-2014, 08:50 PM
Not yet

Signed

A non-Hibby troll :greengrin

LTYF.

Always doubted your Hibby credentials to be honest.

matty_f
18-08-2014, 08:53 PM
LTYF.

Troll!

Jonnyboy
18-08-2014, 08:58 PM
LTYF.

Troll!

Do I get a prize for being bullied by two admins? :greengrin

Sherlock Jones
18-08-2014, 08:59 PM

:troll:

marinello59
18-08-2014, 09:00 PM

Shut it and hand over your lunch money.:greengrin

Jonnyboy
18-08-2014, 09:02 PM
:troll:

Shut it and hand over your lunch money.:greengrin

Right, that's it. I'm off to take my meds in the hope that it'll stop me posting more p!sh :greengrin