PDA

View Full Version : liam Craig red card

Torto7062
17-08-2014, 02:30 PM
Anyone know if this is true..
It was mentioned on 810mw that he was
Gunning for Wilson and telling him he would see to him in tunnel...

Hibstrooper
17-08-2014, 02:31 PM
Certainly didn't look happy as he was going down the tunnel and looked to be pointing the finger at someone so there could be something in this.

cabbageandribs1875
17-08-2014, 02:32 PM
no mention of any incident in the BBC game report

northern-hibee
17-08-2014, 02:35 PM
Its about the only thing Craig contributes to a game is pointing the figure and blaming everyone else but himself. Utter gash

Scottie
I hope so as we won't be able to play him in the next 3 matches if true :wink:

Headless chicken I'm afraid

Pathetic penalty and pathetic captain.

maximushibee
17-08-2014, 02:37 PM
Can't understand why he is still captain

Onceinawhile
17-08-2014, 02:39 PM
Probably gutted that after an hour doing well at hide and seek that somebody found him.

StarMan10
17-08-2014, 02:44 PM
Loses his cool too much to be a captain. Would give the captaincy to Hanlon if he wants it.

Danderhall Hibs
17-08-2014, 02:46 PM
Loses his cool too much to be a captain. Would give the captaincy to Hanlon if he wants it.

First time I've read/heard that. Normally it's that he not shouting enough.

TheCabbage
17-08-2014, 02:52 PM
First time I've read/heard that. Normally it's that he not shouting enough.

Only ever shouts at officials.

jodjam
17-08-2014, 03:05 PM
I hope so as we won't be able to play him in the next 3 matches if true :wink:

Headless chicken I'm afraid

Why would he get a 3 game ban?

Pretty Boy
17-08-2014, 03:08 PM
Someone behind me said they saw Collum red card him after a bit of handbags at the tunnel.

The whole Hibs team came to the fans after the game and as they were going off the Hearts players had congregated by the tunnel there was definitely a few fingers pointed and a bit of shoving but I never saw a red card.

easty
17-08-2014, 03:10 PM
Thought Craig was decent up until the missed pen. After that they almost all played ****, not just him, not just Robertson.

afro
17-08-2014, 03:18 PM
Craig not sent off in tunnel

Scottie
17-08-2014, 03:18 PM

He deserves an extra game for be so ugly :greengrin

Pretty Boy
17-08-2014, 03:22 PM
Thought Craig was decent up until the missed pen. After that they almost all played ****, not just him, not just Robertson.

Yep.

Craig is being singled out though because he did miss the penalty, he's the captain and because, perhaps rightly, some fans will never forgive or forget what happened last season.

I think that players like Craig, Nelson and Robertson have to be moved on as they are damaged goods to too many.

jax67
17-08-2014, 03:25 PM
Yep.

Craig is being singled out though because he did miss the penalty, he's the captain and because, perhaps rightly, some fans will never forgive or forget what happened last season.

I think that players like Craig, Nelson and Robertson have to be moved on as they are damaged goods to too many.

And they're not good enough!!

Pretty Boy
17-08-2014, 03:28 PM

Is Liam Craig really not good enough for the Scottish Championship?

I'd wager if we released him tomorrow a Premiership team would sign him.

Brightside
17-08-2014, 03:28 PM

Craig has been excellent this season. He missed a penalty today - and then he had to sit further back to cover for Robertson who was poor.

DaveF
17-08-2014, 03:30 PM

No doubt about it, but it just seems that him and Hibs are not a good marriage. Last season he 'led' us down and now the penalty miss. He's dropped a long way since the winner against them at New Year and it would probably be better (for both) if he did find something else.

(note, I'm not suggesting we shove him out the door and blame him for everything!)

Pretty Boy
17-08-2014, 03:35 PM
No doubt about it, but it just seems that him and Hibs are not a good marriage. Last season he 'led' us down and now the penalty miss. He's dropped a long way since the winner against them at New Year and it would probably be better (for both) if he did find something else.

(note, I'm not suggesting we shove him out the door and blame him for everything!)

You're right. It hasn't worked out and it's probably best for both parties if he was to leave.

I really don't get why it hasn't worked though as he's proven over several years that he's a good player and apart from a few flashes here and there he's never really shown it at Hibs. The way he crumbled today after the penalty miss, after a decent start to this season, is worrying as it suggests confidence is still a major issue in the changing room.

afro
17-08-2014, 03:39 PM
Liam Craig was not sent off in the tunnel today !

blackpoolhibs
17-08-2014, 03:42 PM

Maybe we just have higher expectations than what we can realistically achieve? There's none of that starting midfield 5 i would cry over if they left tomorrow, there comes a time where they have to either show some form or just go.

Maybe a little harsh on Harris Handling and Stanton, but the old saying always goes if you are good enough you are old enough.

I also think having all 3 playing is a little harsh, because they are clearly having a tough time, but our whole midfield has been poor for a long time, and there is little pace or creativity.

Not seen much change yet this season.

The_Exile
17-08-2014, 03:43 PM
I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place with Liam, I want him to stay, considering where we are (yes I know he was in the team that took us down) we are lucky to have a plyer of his calibre at the club. If we let him go, we do not replace him with a player that's going to be at the same level. Having said that, the issue is clearly he is not playing to the level he is capable of at the moment. I believe every player at the club deserves the chance to regain their confidence under new management so would be disappointed if we were to punt him the first time he has a bit of a 'mare.

S4uzee
17-08-2014, 03:49 PM
Craig has been excellent this season. He missed a penalty today - and then he had to sit further back to cover for Robertson who was poor.

You just don't miss a pen in a derby end of!

Boyle89
17-08-2014, 03:53 PM
Craig was decent, like everyone was, untill he missed the pen. He then did his usual hide and seek routine. Disgusted he is our captain. Michael Nelson has been told he can leave the club and, as usual ,put his body on the line today throughout the game he deserves the armband before Craig. If he scores the pen it's a different game and I rekon we win comfortably.

inglisavhibs
17-08-2014, 05:35 PM

He's certainly not good enough in central midfield where he doesn't have the time that he needs. Played in a wide left position for Saints. He is too slow and ponderous for me but always tries hard and i don't get all this personal abuse on here.

HoboHarry
17-08-2014, 05:48 PM
Pretty daft statement really. Any players who has the b***s to take penalties is going to miss once in a while. All penalties are important not just Derby ones....

DTS
17-08-2014, 05:59 PM
I rate Liam Craig but I'm not convinced he should be captain! People saying we should punt him? Most people on here were saying how much of a changed player he is after the first two games but because he missed a penalty he's not good enough again?

Eyrie
17-08-2014, 06:14 PM

It can happen.

I'm more annoyed by how he missed. Craig was facing a rookie keeper who was probably still thinking about how unfair the penalty decision was and desperate to make up for it. A controlled run with a slight stutter near the end would have seen Hamilton dive and Craig able to roll the ball into the net.

Instead we got a manic run and a shot that was badly hooked because he wasn't looking at the ball.

emerald green
17-08-2014, 06:17 PM
Having missed from a penalty, you know that if Hertz get one too they won't miss.

I remember Mixu making a complete er** of a penalty kick against the Yams at ER.

Onceinawhile
17-08-2014, 06:24 PM
Having missed from a penalty, you know that if Hertz get one too they won't miss.

I remember Mixu making a complete er** of a penalty kick against the Yams at ER.

Last minute one when the west was being revuilt? I'm sure it was just after latapy got binned for the whole dwight yorke/jordan thing.

hibees 7062
17-08-2014, 06:28 PM

:agree: Not to far from me

matty_f
17-08-2014, 06:35 PM
The penalty miss affected Craig a lot. Thought he looked every bit the captain up until that point, and he had the balls to step up to take it.

We maybe just need a bit of understanding with Craig here, rather than vilifying him on here, we should be backing him. Here's a guy desperate to put some wrongs right, to win over the support and show he's better than he showed last season (where, by all accounts, even his manager took time out to tell him he was sh**e).

He gets the chance with the penalty and scuffs it wide. He's not the first player to miss an important penalty, and he won't be the last. He was clearly devastated by that miss and struggled to put it behind him for the rest of the game. Not what we'd want, but understandable. It's not like his confidence was at an especially high place as it was.

Jonnyboy
17-08-2014, 06:38 PM

I wish somebody had told Mixu that. It's debatable whether that ball has landed back on earth yet

Mikey09
17-08-2014, 06:39 PM
Its about the only thing Craig contributes to a game is pointing the figure and blaming everyone else but himself. Utter gash

Utter gash.... Just like your post. :rolleyes:

Danderhall Hibs
17-08-2014, 06:39 PM
The penalty miss affected Craig a lot. Thought he looked every bit the captain up until that point, and he had the balls to step up to take it.

We maybe just need a bit of understanding with Craig here, rather than vilifying him on here, we should be backing him. Here's a guy desperate to put some wrongs right, to win over the support and show he's better than he showed last season (where, by all accounts, even his manager took time out to tell him he was sh**e).

He gets the chance with the penalty and scuffs it wide. He's not the first player to miss an important penalty, and he won't be the last. He was clearly devastated by that miss and struggled to put it behind him for the rest of the game. Not what we'd want, but understandable. It's not like his confidence was at an especially high place as it was.

:agree: spot on mate - let's try backing out players for a change.

Eyrie
17-08-2014, 06:40 PM
I'm as frustrated as anyone by how he missed the penalty but maybe a little balance is required.

What about Craig's well timed tackle in the first half to win the ball cleanly in our box whilst he was covering for the injured Nelson? Let's give him some praise for that.

Nomeancity
17-08-2014, 06:42 PM
He's not the greatest but I honestly think he is now playing to right some wrongs from last season and is playing for the jersey and to make it up to us. For those reasons I'm prepared to give him a chance. Get behind him, there is a player in there somewhere. He manned up and was prepared to take the penalty.

emerald green
17-08-2014, 06:47 PM
Last minute one when the west was being revuilt? I'm sure it was just after latapy got binned for the whole dwight yorke/jordan thing.

That's the one mate. Think the game ended in a draw. Yet another derby Hibs should have won, but didn't.

tamig
17-08-2014, 06:48 PM

Well said Matty.

gegs70
I dout think Craig is bad but I just don't think the midfield 4 are strong enough.....I really don't think I would play Stanton or harris but then again who would you bring in??

Mikey09

You must be on the wrong thread matty.... Think this one is for letting the world know that Liam Craig is gash, *****, disgrace blah blah blah.... No doubt there will be the usual posts re our new manager being useless, clueless etc as well....

hibee_girl
17-08-2014, 06:50 PM

:top marks

Pete
17-08-2014, 06:51 PM
He's not the greatest but I honestly think he is now playing to right some wrongs from last season and is playing for the jersey and to make it up to us. For those reasons I'm prepared to give him a chance. Get behind him, there is a player in there somewhere. He manned up and was prepared to take the penalty.

:agree:

jax67
17-08-2014, 06:55 PM

Maybe so, but he and Robertson were both nowhere near good enough today.

jax67
17-08-2014, 07:01 PM

Excellent!! I beg to differ. Craig's passes today were overhit, he was too slow into the challenge, and he moaned to the ref at every foul when he'd have been better off getting himself into position. I've watched him in three competitive games this season and excellent is not a word I'd associate with him.

Bearders
17-08-2014, 07:04 PM
You must be on the wrong thread matty.... Think this one is for letting the world know that Liam Craig is gash, *****, disgrace blah blah blah.... No doubt there will be the usual posts re our new manager being useless, clueless etc as well....

He is gash and has shown us he's gash on a regular basis. Nothing to to do with the new Gaffer who is going about his business in a manner which is really encouraging. Unfortunately due to our finances he is stuck with gash like Craig and Robertson.
If nothing else Craig is consistent.

TowerHibs
17-08-2014, 07:49 PM
Mixuissued a worse pen against hearts yet we forgave that

Some of the comments against Craig is embarrassing, especially by grown men. Hurt about the result by all means but the personal insults of character is shocking

Bearders
17-08-2014, 07:58 PM
Mixuissued a worse pen against hearts yet we forgave that

Some of the comments against Craig is embarrassing, especially by grown men. Hurt about the result by all means but the personal insults of character is shocking

character? Don't know the man. I' m a grown man and for him to be privileged to don the captains arm band is criminal. Nothing to do with "character" . His performances are consistently unacceptable and second rate. He had a huge influence on yet another derby defeat.

One Day
17-08-2014, 08:06 PM

coz he's sh*te

TowerHibs
17-08-2014, 08:09 PM
character? Don't know the man. I' m a grown man and for him to be privileged to don the captains arm band is criminal. Nothing to do with "character" . His performances are consistently unacceptable and second rate. He had a huge influence on yet another derby defeat.

Most of the comments on this board tonight are from people who never post. Full of people jumping the gun and getting their knickers in a twist. Boring predictable nonsense as usual

One Day
17-08-2014, 08:17 PM
Most of the comments on this board tonight are from people who never post. Full of people jumping the gun and getting their knickers in a twist. Boring predictable nonsense as usual

That maybe the case, BUT what part of Bearders post do you disagree with

TowerHibs
17-08-2014, 08:25 PM
I disagree with the general personal insults on this board from people who never post except from ripping into a guy who is quite clearly trying to please the fans and play well. More players deserve a slating than craig today but the personal abuse is shocking. He has been chosen to be hibs captain, by 2 managers. He did not beg to be.

If someone can tell me what Danny handling does then I'd be happy to be know....or is he not worthy of abuse as he is young and a product of the youth team. Guy must touch the ball less than anyone on the park in every game

Pretty Boy
17-08-2014, 08:28 PM
I disagree with the general personal insults on this board from people who never post except from ripping into a guy who is quite clearly trying to please the fans and play well. More players deserve a slating than craig today but the personal abuse is shocking. He has been chosen to be hibs captain, by 2 managers. He did not beg to be.

If someone can tell me what Danny handling does then I'd be happy to be know....or is he not worthy of abuse as he is young and a product of the youth team. Guy must touch the ball less than anyone on the park in every game

So you're response to abuse of one player, that you don't agree with, is to abuse another.

Brilliant.

Jonnyboy
17-08-2014, 08:30 PM

Contradictory, no? By asking that question you imply he is rubbish which is effectively a form of abuse!

TowerHibs
17-08-2014, 08:31 PM
So you're response to abuse of one player, that you don't agree with, is to abuse another.

Brilliant.

Not at all. Just wonder why 1 player has to get a he'll of a lot abuse when I feel there are worse "hiders" on the park. I would love to see Handlings pro zone stats yet Craig is classed as a hider

One Day
17-08-2014, 08:34 PM

I still don't know what you saw wrong with Bearders post.

Craig certainly isn't pleasing the fans nor is he playing well and How long he will retain the captains arm band remains to be seen

hibby13
17-08-2014, 08:35 PM

Boring predictable nonsense getting beat by them again too!

TowerHibs
17-08-2014, 08:40 PM
Contradictory, no? By asking that question you imply he is rubbish which is effectively a form of abuse!

Listen, you post a lot on here and are well respected. At no time did I slate Handling perosnally, his attitude or intentions. Unlike others on here about Craig. Craig is by no means the worst player today but is getting the worst abuse. People slating his effort and what it means to him are so far off the mark he is not hiding and clearly wants to please the fans. Yet others are hiding, not stepping up and are not get ing sagged. I find that bizarre

One Day
17-08-2014, 08:46 PM
Listen, you post a lot on here and are well respected. At no time did I slate Handling perosnally, his attitude or intentions. Unlike others on here about Craig. Craig is by no means the worst player today but is getting the worst abuse. People slating his effort and what it means to him are so far off the mark he is not hiding and clearly wants to please the fans. Yet others are hiding, not stepping up and are not get ing sagged. I find that bizarre

Someone has to tell me what Handling actually does......

A poor man's tam Mcmanus. Loves to hide

Not slating?????

gegs70
17-08-2014, 09:03 PM

Reminded me of the Gary Mcallister moment v England what stick he took for having the balls to take a high pressure penalty!

Jonnyboy
17-08-2014, 09:10 PM

Sorry if I offended you, didn't mean too. Just felt that rightly calling folk out for having a go at players and then having a go at one yourself was a bit bizarre!

gegs70
17-08-2014, 09:16 PM
Was Craig red carded?

Cameron1875
17-08-2014, 09:24 PM
His pretend 'come ahead then' attitude to officials and the opposition is absolutely embarrasing.

Coward and bottle merchant of a player who tries to play the big man to cover the fact he lets his team mates down week in week out.

Get rid.

NadeAteMyLunch!
17-08-2014, 09:27 PM
Hearts fans seem convinced that he was red carded after the game. Anyone know for definite?

NadeAteMyLunch!
17-08-2014, 09:29 PM
Also, said this before but almost every manager that Craig has played under has selected him as captain. For years now. There's obviously something there. Comments about him being a shocking capt etc are over the top

gegs70
17-08-2014, 09:33 PM
Also, said this before but almost every manager that Craig has played under has selected him as captain. For years now. There's obviously something there. Comments about him being a shocking capt etc are over the top

I don't think Craig is a bad player just he's not in a strong midfield.

.Sean.
17-08-2014, 09:35 PM
Maybe if he stops pointitg the finger at others and shouldering the responsibility for his own shortcomings we'd not be in the predicament we are... Never a Hibs captain in a zillion years.

Missing a penalty is excusable but missing the target from 12 yards isn't. There's a difference.

matty_f
17-08-2014, 09:58 PM
Maybe if he stops pointitg the finger at others and shouldering the responsibility for his own shortcomings we'd not be in the predicament we are... Never a Hibs captain in a zillion years.

Missing a penalty is excusable but missing the target from 12 yards isn't. There's a difference.

Of course it's excusable. Are you saying a player that doesn't hit the target from the penalty spot should never be forgiven? What a ludicrous sentiment.

gegs70
17-08-2014, 10:02 PM
Of course it's excusable. Are you saying a player that doesn't hit the target from the penalty spot should never be forgiven? What a ludicrous sentiment.

But was Craig red carded in the tunnel...?

matty_f
17-08-2014, 10:04 PM
But was Craig red carded in the tunnel...?

Apparently not, but wouldn't put my house on it!

Boyle89
17-08-2014, 10:13 PM
Not at all. Just wonder why 1 player has to get a he'll of a lot abuse when I feel there are worse "hiders" on the park. I would love to see Handlings pro zone stats yet Craig is classed as a hider
Did you watch the game? Handling won the pen. Chased down the hearts defence. At one point he chased a good 30 yards across the pitch to block a hearts defender and quite rightly recieved applause for it. Craig, after the penalty miss sat infront of the back 4 pointing at who the midfield should be marking instead of marking himself.

gegs70
17-08-2014, 10:35 PM
Apparently not, but wouldn't put my house on it!

Nothing on sportscene but we will see in the morning! Never mind not many leagues are won in the first couple of games but we do need to bring on a few players in key areas.

HFC 0-7
17-08-2014, 11:28 PM

Not a captain IMO. He constantly moans at every decision the ref makes, he should be spending more time trying to organise the team or concentrate on his own game. The captain should always be a very confident player, if he crumbles under pressure he won't be a great example for the other players partucularly the younger ones.

The whole team went to **** after the miss, we started falling back into the hoofball of last season. He needs to lead by example, if you miss you need to show the players around you that it's not effected you that much. Opposition players will get such a boost knowing that our players particularly our captain can crumble under pressure. The problem is, I don't think we have a real captain in our side, but one thing I am pretty certain of, Craig isn't the best of what we have.

now Stubbs will be in a real sticky position, if he takes the captaincy away from Craig it will probably knock his confidence even more.

.Sean.
17-08-2014, 11:39 PM
Contrary to popular belief, missing a peno is excusable if the keeper makes a wonder save or you send him the wrong way and scatter the baw off the bar or that.

But scuffing the target with a free ball from 12 yards when the goalie dives early, proceeding to spend the rest of the game pointing fingers and moaning at every other player and shying from your basic responsibilities?

Captain? Next joke.

Viva_Palmeiras
18-08-2014, 07:37 AM
Contrary to popular belief, missing a peno is excusable if the keeper makes a wonder save or you send him the wrong way and scatter the baw off the bar or that.

But scuffing the target with a free ball from 12 yards when the goalie dives early, proceeding to spend the rest of the game pointing fingers and moaning at every other player and shying from your basic responsibilities?

Captain? Next joke.

Didnt see the game but do we not want captains to be talking to other players rather than hiding when they're having a nightmare themselves?

MrRobot
18-08-2014, 11:21 AM
Someone has to tell me what Handling actually does......

A poor man's tam Mcmanus. Loves to hide

Not slating?????

Sorry mate, I dunno if you are just stating that he did slate him or you are sticking up for Handling but I agree with the comments. I don't believe Handling is or will be good enough for Hibs. Even in the Championship. I would love to be proven wrong but sadly I dont think I will be.

Craig however I disagree with. He clearly is a good player, nothing special but at the level we are at, he is a good player. I dunno if it's being captain or playing a more deep-lying role but he's just not quite hitting the heights he should. Play him in a more attacking role and I think that's when he's at the best of his ability.

Eyrie
18-08-2014, 04:58 PM
Didnt see the game but do we not want captains to be talking to other players rather than hiding when they're having a nightmare themselves?
It's how you speak to them. We may not hear the words, but Craig's body language when talking to teammates looks critical rather than encouraging and when talking to referees he looks like he's moaning rather than being respectful*.

*Yes, I'm aware that the refs probably don't respect him either, but you catch more flies with honey than vinegar.