PDA

View Full Version : Positives from Today

James.
17-08-2014, 02:11 PM
I thought Nelson had a decent match beside Forster.
Harris had some great touches and link up play going forward.
Kennedy and Allen made an impact coming on towards the end.
El Alagui scored a cracker.
We never capitulated at 2 down and made a decent game of it towards the end.
Our support were tremendous.
For all the fanfare about the Hearts team they were hardly worldbeaters at home. I fancy us to challenge them and Rangers over the course of the season.

scuttle
17-08-2014, 02:13 PM
For all the fanfare about the Hearts team they were hardly worldbeaters at home. I fancy us to challenge them and Rangers over the course of the season.

Apart from Farids finish NONE

blackpoolhibs
17-08-2014, 02:15 PM

Thought the back 4 and the keeper were solid, thought our midfield was poor and El al whatever his name is worked his socks off, but was given little help all game.

The support sounded terrific. :agree:

Stax
17-08-2014, 02:18 PM

Agree re the support, outstanding today. Allen definitely looks a player but more negatives than positives for me today I'm afraid.

GreenLake
17-08-2014, 02:20 PM

:agree:

Forza Fred
17-08-2014, 02:20 PM
Thought the back 4 and the keeper were solid, thought our midfield was poor and El al whatever his name is worked his socks off, but was given little help all game.

The support sounded terrific. :agree:

Watching in Oz I was proud of our support...Mrs Forza even commented how we were out singing the other rank, rotten mob.

We'll done to everybody who attended, your efforts were worthy of a better result, and you could do no more.

Dave-O
17-08-2014, 02:21 PM
I thought the away strips better than the home one on the telly.

sundo1875
17-08-2014, 02:23 PM
Nelson and Forster were excellent. Nothing's going to change though if we don't take our chances!!

Pretty Boy
17-08-2014, 02:23 PM
We need to support El Alagui. He wins his fair share in the air but there's rarely anyone behind him. The one time today we managed it we got a penalty out of it.

I've tried hard to like Handling but he's not the answer. Never beat a man or found a Hibs player all day.

We really didn't look like conceding today until we lost a goal that 8 times out of 10 hits Row Z.

We got the ball well wide at times but the final ball let us down consistently, improve that and we will create chances.

Golden Bear
17-08-2014, 02:42 PM
None.

sleeping giant
17-08-2014, 02:44 PM
Farid took his goal well and......erm......

sleeping giant
17-08-2014, 02:46 PM
Oxleys one handed save in the first half too

Greenblood70
17-08-2014, 02:49 PM
I thought the defence did quite well, other than that we failed miserably imo. El Alagui deserved his goal for his work rate.

The postitives are that it might have made Stubbs mind up about the suitability of certain players in their current positions. Midfield needs completely remodelled imo.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

AngusHibby
17-08-2014, 02:55 PM
The major positive I took from that game is that we can definitely challenge for the title! Pretty even game, thought we deserved a draw for sure.

southern hibby
17-08-2014, 02:58 PM
My biggest positive today was the fans. Yet again we turned up, yet again we out sang the manky mob, yet again we showed national tv that Scottish football is not all about The newest team I'n Scotland or the other half of the devide but there are other teams with fans just as passionate as those 2. No infact more passionate

GGTTH

hibee_girl
17-08-2014, 03:39 PM
Oxleys one handed save in the first half too

That's a big one for me, I haven't been that impressed with him so far but that was an excellent save.

GoldenEagle
17-08-2014, 03:40 PM
Apart from Farids finish NONE

Correct.

cleanyman
17-08-2014, 03:41 PM
We weren't good enough today.

The lack of attacking threat is evident.

Bobby's Cinema
17-08-2014, 03:44 PM

Sorry mate I've got to laugh at that. No, but we capitulated at 1. Once again, all else is irrelevant outside who takes the points. And once again It's not us

The_Exile
17-08-2014, 03:47 PM
Major issue needing addressed is the lack of creativity and when clear cut chances are being created they're being wasted, fix that and we're onto something.

silverhibee
17-08-2014, 03:48 PM
Farid took his goal well and......erm......

Should have scored with the header there keeper saved, F knows how he missed.

Phil D. Rolls
17-08-2014, 03:50 PM
A couple of players in midfield and were going to be Ok. We are defending much better. Don't get your hopes up Jambo ****. !!

ps it's a bit like when Ken Bruce took over from Wogan.

Flanny boy
17-08-2014, 03:51 PM
El alagui brings the ball down well and holds it up well
but it's obvious we need someone playing alongside him.
there may be some positives to take there may not but
really the result is what counts and that is what is most disappointing

Pretty Boy
17-08-2014, 03:52 PM
Sorry mate I've got to laugh at that. No, but we capitulated at 1. Once again, all else is irrelevant outside who takes the points. And once again It's not us

I don't think we capitualted. We committed a few forward and got caught out.

We should have commited 1 or 2 earlier of course rather than the whole team after lost a goal.

Thecat23
17-08-2014, 03:53 PM
Nelson played well IMO. Sadly the midfield for us just bottled it when we missed the pen.

For Hearts to play a 20yr old and not test him until 85 mins is criminal.

gegs70
17-08-2014, 03:54 PM
We need to improve the midfield. Harris did ok for 45 mins but nothing after. Stanton really has played very well in the wide position and Farid got little support.
Great goal from farid though and I agree allan looks decent, I just wonder who is keeping him out of the 1st team? We need more players!!

NAE NOOKIE
17-08-2014, 03:57 PM
There were no positives:

To look at positives you have to look at the overall game. A great individual goal and a super shot stop by the keeper does not add up to anything positive as a team.

Hearts played their way into the box a number of times in the first half and it was only desperate defending that kept them from scoring on more than one occasion. In the second half only their lack of quality in the final third prevented Oxley from being under constant pressure in a half which we let them totally dominate.

The team was poor and the managers game management was poor.

Hats off however to the long suffering fans who once again did more than their bit only to be served the usual derby dross. My heart goes out to the guys who were there ............... you deserve so much better.

Phil D. Rolls
17-08-2014, 04:04 PM
There were no positives:

To look at positives you have to look at the overall game. A great individual goal and a super shot stop by the keeper does not add up to anything positive as a team.

Hearts played their way into the box a number of times in the first half and it was only desperate defending that kept them from scoring on more than one occasion. In the second half only their lack of quality in the final third prevented Oxley from being under constant pressure in a half which we let them totally dominate.

Hats off however to the long suffering fans who once again did more than their bit only to be served the usual derby dross. My heart goes out to the guys who were there ............... you deserve so much better.

I feel like I am suffering more after this.

green day
17-08-2014, 04:05 PM
Eilidh Child was in Zurich so no flipping stupid hand signals.

Oh, you mean positives about US?

Stubbs now knows we lack mental toughness?

NAE NOOKIE
17-08-2014, 04:07 PM
I feel like I am suffering more after this.

:greengrin

Bobby's Cinema
17-08-2014, 04:29 PM
I don't think we capitualted. We committed a few forward and got caught out.

We should have commited 1 or 2 earlier of course rather than the whole team after lost a goal.
I would say conceding the second resulting in a red card, two minutes after losing the first is a capitulation.

We showed a bit of grit and linked up well at times without ever truly threatening. Hopefully this will come though.

I find it hard to take any sort of positives in a derby match where we've barely tested a keeper on his debut, not even when given the chance from the penalty spot. and been beaten by that lot, again.

All too familiar feeling. I will however be back for the next game and behind the team hoping for better.

Benny Brazil
17-08-2014, 04:37 PM
Nelson played well IMO. Sadly the midfield for us just bottled it when we missed the pen.

This 100 times over.

No pressure on him, no shots, nothing to do - no keeper will ever get an easier debut.
Our lack of creativity is concerning. Stanton looks lost, Handling plays too far away from Alagui - Harris always cuts inside and cant remember him taking a player on down the wing. And Robertson is an accident waiting to happen playing the deeper role.

If we can sort out the midfield I think we will challenge for promotion.

Houchy
17-08-2014, 04:45 PM
The way I see it is that hearts turned over the rangers last week. This was a derby away from home, I don't think any Hibs fan would honestly expect to win all 4 derbies and so I'm happy to let them have their home victories against us as long as we win ours, 6 points each instead of 4 for four draws. We both need to keep winning our games against the rangers too (who look nothing special) so hopefully we can both take points from them and have an Edinburgh 1-2. I know, it's a very magnanimous way of looking at it but who on here wouldn't have accepted 2nd this season with a chance of top spot. I hope this doesn't come across as too defeatist as that's not how it's meant, I'm just saying that on the grand scheme of things, today wasn't a balls out disaster in terms of our season. Yes it stings like any derby defeat but I have faith that it's a minor blimp.

Pete
17-08-2014, 04:48 PM
At least we're passing the ball to each other this season. We're trying to play the right way but we're still lacking in creativity. We'll get there.

Hysterical or aggressive doom-and-gloomers need not reply.

Steve20
17-08-2014, 04:57 PM
We lost to that pish.

No positives at all. But no shock, we didn't bother bringing players in to replace the pish that was there.

Club has no intention of getting promotion this season.

Purehibee_MYB
17-08-2014, 04:59 PM
We lost to that pish.

No positives at all. But no shock, we didn't bother bringing players in to replace the pish that was there.

:yawn2:

HH81
17-08-2014, 05:01 PM
When we beat them last game of season other year i remember reading their message board and it was the end of the world.

When we get beat there is no positives. The Hibs fans are too soft and as a club we roll over too easy.

No positives and i hope stubbs give them a roasting. Stubbs made massive mistakes today too.

yankyhibby
17-08-2014, 05:01 PM
Eilidh Child was in Zurich so no flipping stupid hand signals.

Oh, you mean positives about US?

Stubbs now knows we lack mental toughness?

I think A.S. knew this the day he walked through the door. He has commented on it on more than one occasion. This is his toughest battle: instilling self belief and fight in those players remaining from last season, whose collective mind set errs on the side of negativity. Memories of so many derby defeats in the past 12 months, I'm sure, came flooding back for many of our players after Craigs missed penalty. Out of curiosity: surely no Hibs side has suffered more than the 5 derby defeats we have witnessed these past 12 months?

Pete
17-08-2014, 05:02 PM

:-(

Pretty Boy
17-08-2014, 05:07 PM
We lost to that pish.

Well that's that then.

See y'all next season.

Phil MaGlass
17-08-2014, 05:11 PM
Well, for me, nothing to worry about, this is the best hertz will be, we can only get stronger and better, they cant, all we need is a winger and a striker and a wee bit cover and we will be sorted, hertz are screwed, nae mair investment, we have ateam that is not even properly prepared for a game, playing against a young hertz team(and decent if I may add) with absolutely no support or minimum support in the weeks to come, we on the other hand can afford to bring in new players, they looked lively in the last third but created nada, I must say I 5hought nelson played well, maybe my motm for us.Wehaveabsolutely nothing to fear, I look forward to the rest of the season, I do not think they will beat us again this season, but...we have to get ridof robertson, liability, never seen such a f, n badplayer who couldnt tackle players without diving intothem, if this is the f, n best he can do then maybe he should take up rugby, whit a tit.

SaulGoodman
17-08-2014, 05:23 PM
They scored a peach and scored a penalty

We scored a peach and missed a penalty

Yet they're being hailed as world beaters and run away league champions while according to some people we'll be lucky to challenge.

I honestly don't get the reaction. Michael Stewart put it well on twitter, there is positives. And it's nice to see both teams being coached football the right way.

I still think I'll enjoy this season.

Houchy
17-08-2014, 05:24 PM
:yawn2:

👍
:agree:

DaveF
17-08-2014, 05:27 PM
They scored a peach and scored a penalty

We scored a peach and missed a penalty

Yet they're being hailed as world beaters and run away league champions while according to some people we'll be lucky to challenge.

I honestly don't get the reaction. Michael Stewart put it well on twitter, there is positives. And it's nice to see both teams being coached football the right way.

I still think I'll enjoy this season.

Are they :confused:

There might be a couple of OTT ones like that, but most I've read are more than pissed off that we failed to turn up (again) against a fairly average Hearts team.

SaulGoodman
17-08-2014, 05:30 PM
Are they :confused:

There might be a couple of OTT ones like that, but most I've read are more than pissed off that we failed to turn up (again) against a fairly average Hearts team.

Sorry I meant they were being hailed as world beaters by their own fans, even though their wasn't much in the game imo.

Houchy
17-08-2014, 05:30 PM
We lost to that pish.

Take away this guys shoelaces and remove all medication and sharp objects before he goes to bed tonight.

lyonhibs
17-08-2014, 05:43 PM
There. are never any positives to losing to Hearts .

Spike Mandela
17-08-2014, 05:50 PM
The more things change the more they stay the same. Forget positives. Hearts and Rangers will always do 'just' enough to beat us no matter how well we play because they have strong willed players with a strong mentality whilst no matter how well we are passing or attacking or defending our team is packed with mental lightweights.

sahib
17-08-2014, 09:29 PM
The more things change the more they stay the same. Forget positives. Hearts and Rangers will always do 'just' enough to beat us no matter how well we play because they have strong willed players with a strong mentality whilst no matter how well we are passing or attacking or defending our team is packed with mental lightweights.

I was not at the game but the following thoughts occur to me:

The result is not a disaster, in itself, as long as the effect, on the fragile confidence of the team, is not severe.
The worst consequence would be denting Stubbs' confidence. It may turn out that changing tactics on the hoof and influencing the game from the touchline, may not be his strong points (yet) but as long as he can put out an organised side which is trying to play creative football then those are big steps forward. It is easy to say he should have done this or subbed that, but he would know that there are consequences to every action and 0-0 would have been a good result for us. Anyway, cut the man some slack.
Another positive is, as someone pointed out, the trans window is not yet shut and maybe the need for a higher standard of player is now obvious to the money men. Let's hope Stubbs ( or whichever of Leann's apparatchiks whose job it is to sign players) has an eye for a footballer.

Allan45
17-08-2014, 09:58 PM
We lost against Hearts, so what?
i am disappointed like many others, bit it's only one game, we need to win against Falkirk next week to get more positive points.
stubbs is no mug, we have a team of players who play well, there are other, which is no fault of Stubbs We clearly are not the quality to compete. I have faith in our season....we need to be clinical in the last 1/3. If we can't we will struggle.
we need more quality in midfield and up front.
at present there are more positives than last season.
I want us to take points off Hearts and anyone else who are above I'd, we are the only team in this league who can get better as the season progresses....
we need 3 points next week.....

Iain G
17-08-2014, 10:02 PM
I thought first half we harried and chased and challenged for the ball and certainly won it back better than any Hibs side I've seen for a while. The passing was pretty decent and we managed to find players more often than not. We have a centre forward who can score goals at this level and is mobile and physical too giving us a good focal point for our attacks.

Perhaps Harris, Stanton and Handling were being asked to do too much today but we have to give the youngsters a chance to show they can step up, thought Harris played well first half though. Balance wasn't quite there from midfield to front today.

I think Stubbs is learning more in competitive games as we go forward and am sure we are targetting two or three more players to bring in to improve the squad.

And wtf was Neilsen wearing today, looked like he had just turned up after a night out in George St?!

Oh and the white away strip looks nice on the telly while the hearts one looked cheap and minging :greengrin

gegs70
17-08-2014, 10:09 PM
I thought first half we harried and chased and challenged for the ball and certainly won it back better than any Hibs side I've seen for a while. The passing was pretty decent and we managed to find players more often than not. We have a centre forward who can score goals at this level and is mobile and physical too giving us a good focal point for our attacks.

Perhaps Harris, Stanton and Handling were being asked to do too much today but we have to give the youngsters a chance to show they can step up, thought Harris played well first half though. Balance wasn't quite there from midfield to front today.

I think Stubbs is learning more in competitive games as we go forward and am sure we are targetting two or three more players to bring in to improve the squad.

And wtf was Neilsen wearing today, looked like he had just turned up after a night out in George St?!

Oh and the white away strip looks nice on the telly while the hearts one looked cheap and minging :greengrin

I did see an improvement I didn't feel.midfield was great and certainly did little in the final 3rd and did little to help aligooey.

Wasn't overly convinced by handling, Stanton or harris. Allen looked decent when he came on.

leggeto
17-08-2014, 10:21 PM
What a goal from alagui

R'Albin
17-08-2014, 10:48 PM
Oxley's distribution is phenomenal and combined with El Alagui's aerial ability it is going to get us several goals this year. He's already scored and set us up for a penalty in his first two league games.

SaulGoodman
17-08-2014, 11:01 PM
Oxley's distribution is phenomenal and combined with El Alagui's aerial ability it is going to get us several goals this year. He's already scored and set us up for a penalty in his first two league games.

Scored twice!

Really liking the new signings so far! Oxley had a good save today, good distribution. Gray looks fantastic, proper RB! Farid has already been explained.

Hoping to see more of Kennedy and Allan soon, both looked good when they came on, plus probably more signings to come.

Dashing Bob S
18-08-2014, 04:54 AM
Didn't deserve to win - not testing a 20 year old third choice keeper till the last 10 mins is embarrassing. That said, the only real difference between two poor teams was the missing and converting of a pen.

However, I'm not too downcast. This team is a work in progress and will improve. Hearts - probably as good as it gets for them.

Expect the Edinburgh clubs to battling with the Huns in the top 3 come May.

.Sean.
18-08-2014, 05:08 AM
There. are never any positives to losing to Hearts .
This, along with clapping and chanting the players off at full time. Embarrassing.

A huge section of the support need to shake the losers mentality. That was far from good enough and the players should have been left in no doubt that any defeat (another) against them is far from being a no-bad result. Sickening.

Nutmegged
18-08-2014, 05:52 AM
I'm struggling for positives, the goal was a cracker but I'd have rather he put in that easy header 7 minutes earlier to give us a fighting chance of snatching something, watching him take the goal the way he did that late on felt like someone rubbing salt into the wounds.

I felt for the first time in ages that we stood up to Hearts and we looked like we had the right mindset but as the game went on there was a far to familiar feel to the game, I could sense a goal coming from them, it was a stunning goal, we can give Robertson stick for flying in but it waa a very good goal by a decent player, hands up to that one.

Captain Obvious statement here but if we scored the penalty I don't believe we would have lost, we might not have won but I think we'd have got at least a draw.

Bottom line is we need to prove we can beat Hearts and/or Rangers, I don't think we'll get close to winning the title but if we can prove to beban equal match to these sides in our Fixtures then it gives us a chance in the Play-Off's...I don't think we've got the squad capable of being consistent enough for a genuine title push but I do believe we aren't far off having a team that can best Rangets/Hearts in one-off games

marinello59
18-08-2014, 06:20 AM
This, along with clapping and chanting the players off at full time. Embarrassing.

A huge section of the support need to shake the losers mentality. That was far from good enough and the players should have been left in no doubt that any defeat (another) against them is far from being a no-bad result. Sickening.

Really?
So we should boo the players off and give them pelters after the second league match of the campaign. That helps how? Do you reckon El Alagui deserved a torrent of abuse for the shift he put in? How about Harris. A player reborn now that his confidence has been given a boost, telling him how ***** him and his team mates are will surely propel him to superstardom.
I've left Tynecastle feeling a lot worse than I did yesterday. The Hearts fans gloating as we leave never helps. That didn't happen yesterday as, just like at Ibrox, showing support for our team put their gas at a peep. Losers mentality? This is about much more than one game. We need to stand behind this team for the whole season. Throwing our toys out of the pram this early on will do nothing other than allow those outside the club to continue portraying us as a club in turmoil. We are at a very low ebb but yesterdays result doesn't mean that the all the positives that have been commented on here have suddenly disappeared. It's sore to lose to them but it doesn't mean the war is over yet, we are still at the initial skirmish stage.
I'll turn the old favourite round. I pay my money so I'll support the team if I want.

PeeJay
18-08-2014, 06:41 AM
Not impressed by the team - we won't be going up on the evidence of the first few games, we pose next to no threat whatsoever up front and how we are supposed to win games is beyond me. Set pieces seems to be the only hope we have of "creating" any goal scoring opportunities, yet our set pieces are mainly pretty hopeless, too many balls fails to cause problems in the danger zone - Maybe El Alagui will score/snatch an odd goal, but that's not enough. The so-called passing game doesn't fool me either - we lost the ball far too many times to opposition, particularly when under pressure, i.e. when it counts. When someone gets to the byeline (i.e. Stevenson) with the ball we invariably have no one in the box! I expected the game to pan out the way it did. For the first 20 minutes we were composed, held our shape and controlled the game, but ultimately we posed no threat, they realised it and started playing themselves a bit - they looked more dangerous coming at us than we did going their way, don't remember their rookie keeper having to do anything except catch a few cross balls - the embarrassment continues, it seems. No positives for me ...

erskine-hibby
18-08-2014, 06:50 AM
We lost to that pish.

Think maybe a bit harsh, though it does seem that it is more hope, than a concerted effort by the club to win promotion.

Benny Brazil
18-08-2014, 07:06 AM
Not impressed by the team - we won't be going up on the evidence of the first few games, we pose next to no threat whatsoever up front and how we are supposed to win games is beyond me. Set pieces seems to be the only hope we have of "creating" any goal scoring opportunities, yet our set pieces are mainly pretty hopeless, too many balls fails to cause problems in the danger zone - Maybe El Alagui will score/snatch an odd goal, but that's not enough. The so-called passing game doesn't fool me either - we lost the ball far too many times to opposition, particularly when under pressure, i.e. when it counts. When someone gets to the byeline (i.e. Stevenson) with the ball we invariably have no one in the box! I expected the game to pan out the way it did. For the first 20 minutes we were composed, held our shape and controlled the game, but ultimately we posed no threat, they realised it and started playing themselves a bit - they looked more dangerous coming at us than we did going their way, don't remember their rookie keeper having to do anything except catch a few cross balls - the embarrassment continues, it seems. No positives for me ...

Agree with you about the passing game and getting to the byeline. Yesterday wasn't that much different to watching Hibs under Butcher - ok less aimless punts up the park - but there were still some.
How we simply cannot find anyone to play in a wide position is beyond me, a player who can take someone on and go past them and put a threatening ball in to the box. Harris cuts inside all the time and Stanton needs dropped. Our midfield also plays too far off of Alagui so if he does win the ball - no-one is near him.
Their keeper should have been bombarded from the 1st whistle with crosses and shots.

Ronniekirk
18-08-2014, 08:00 AM
Didn't deserve to win - not testing a 20 year old third choice keeper till the last 10 mins is embarrassing. That said, the only real difference between two poor teams was the missing and converting of a pen.

However, I'm not too downcast. This team is a work in progress and will improve. Hearts - probably as good as it gets for them.

Expect the Edinburgh clubs to battling with the Huns in the top 3 come May.
Stubbs hinted this game had come around too soon but think he will have learnt more from this one game than all the others we have played so far .How he now takes the team forward and how the board back him are crucial We need to bounce straight back at home next week and win so we will see how players respond to that challenge and what changes Stubbs makes Players raising there game at Ibrox is one thing ,but consistency of performance is key to a season but as we saw with hearts young players only Nicholson played well for large parts of the game We are behind other teams in preparation and still brining in players and Stubbs is well aware of that .We need to bounce straight back against Falkirk at home so we need to get behind the Team at this early stage .The support at Tynecastle was magnificent . As sore as it was to take ,one defeat this early in season won't determine what happens at the end of the season .
I always thought the game yesterday would be defining in helping Stubbs decide what he still needs to improve the squad and it's now down to the board to back him .It's going to be an interesting few weeks and will be there at weekend to watch us bounce back .

CRAZYHIBBY
18-08-2014, 08:15 AM
Cant see any positives from yet another derby defeat...pathetic really that we get beat almost every time we play them.

Ray_
18-08-2014, 08:20 AM
Really?
So we should boo the players off and give them pelters after the second league match of the campaign. That helps how? Do you reckon El Alagui deserved a torrent of abuse for the shift he put in? How about Harris. A player reborn now that his confidence has been given a boost, telling him how ***** him and his team mates are will surely propel him to superstardom.
I've left Tynecastle feeling a lot worse than I did yesterday. The Hearts fans gloating as we leave never helps. That didn't happen yesterday as, just like at Ibrox, showing support for our team put their gas at a peep. Losers mentality? This is about much more than one game. We need to stand behind this team for the whole season. Throwing our toys out of the pram this early on will do nothing other than allow those outside the club to continue portraying us as a club in turmoil. We are at a very low ebb but yesterdays result doesn't mean that the all the positives that have been commented on here have suddenly disappeared. It's sore to lose to them but it doesn't mean the war is over yet, we are still at the initial skirmish stage.
I'll turn the old favourite round. I pay my money so I'll support the team if I want.

Some of the players should learn from that one with Robertson on a one man crusade to get himself sent off [what on earth was the Stubbs thinking of?] and the juvenile behaviour of Stevenson and our captain at the end.

Unlike you, I am disgusted by yesterday, hearts also had to rebuild and change manager, their midfield controlled the game, after the initial play we played for a draw and AS said as much in his interview afterwards. We are already in to the season and still seriously short on players, when/if we do get them in, when are they going to be available by the time they are up-to-speed, October? We could very well be out the title race by then.

We have heard lots of talk and so far we have had a gutsy display against the worst rangers team ever to play hibs, we held out for a narrow win against Livingston and watched Hearts control most of yesterday's game, then our manager comes out and says the reverse!!

The one thing Hibs never had was time and just like Stevenson & Craig done in injury time yesterday, we wasted great chunks of it in the close season by waiting to get rid of Butcher and the subsequent appointment of Stubbs.

If body language is anything to go by the new manager was feeling the pressure in yesterday's post match interview, well this is the real world, not Everton's u19's, bigging himself up at the expense of previous failed regimes, before he has done anything on the results on the park, is not the way to go about it. I just hope the new manager is a fast learner and please do not patronise the fans with the rubbish spouted post match, which made the whole experience much worse.

blackpoolhibs
18-08-2014, 08:21 AM

HAHAHAHA, this from the one who called me the resident doom and gloomer. Priceless, you just couldn't get this much irony anywhere else. :top marks

marinello59
18-08-2014, 08:25 AM
Some of the players should learn from that one with Robertson on a one man crusade to get himself sent off [what on earth was the Stubbs thinking of?] and the juvenile behaviour of Stevenson and our captain at the end.

Unlike you, I am disgusted by yesterday, hearts also had to rebuild and change manager, their midfield controlled the game, after the initial play we played for a draw and AS said as much in his interview afterwards. We are already in to the season and still seriously short on players, when/if we do get them in, when are they going to be available by the time they are up-to-speed, October? We could very well be out the title race by then.

We have heard lots of talk and so far we have had a gutsy display against the worst rangers team ever to play hibs, we held out for a narrow win against Livingston and watched Hearts control most of yesterday's game, then our manager comes out and says the reverse!!

The one thing Hibs never had was time and just like Stevenson & Craig done in injury time yesterday, we wasted great chunks of it in the close season by waiting to get rid of Butcher and the subsequent appointment of Stubbs.

If body language is anything to go by the new manager was feeling the pressure in yesterday's post match interview, well this is the real world, not Everton's u19's, bigging himself up at the expense of previous failed regimes, before he has done anything on the results on the park, is not the way to go about it. I just hope the new manager is a fast learner and please do not patronise the fans with the rubbish spouted post match, which made the whole experience much worse.

Is any of this replying to the view I expressed? :confused:

Ray_
18-08-2014, 08:28 AM
Is any of this replying to the view I expressed? :confused:

Toys out of prams was the connection, the players can do it but not the support.

I'm totally against players getting abused at games, even at the end, but no way should that shambles yesterday be applauded.

marinello59
18-08-2014, 08:54 AM
Toys out of prams was the connection, the players can do it but not the support.

I'm totally against players getting abused at games, even at the end, but no way should that shambles yesterday be applauded.

OK, thanks. Probably not the best phrase I could have used.
As for 'applauding that shambles' El Alagui for one deserved some appreciation for his personal performance yesterday but I can see why you would choose not to do so.

Ronniekirk
18-08-2014, 08:54 AM
Cant see any positives from yet another derby defeat...pathetic really that we get beat almost every time we play them.
Another few quality players in ,some departures and once he has his first team line up settled ,there is time for the worm to turn .But listening to the commentators rub in our inability to beat them and then highlight their mental resilience does do ma hied in ,and I assume Stubbs although new to this will be quietly determined to turn the tables .Its now all down to the board to back their man ,unless they have a strategy as some on here have suggested to build for next season but hope we do it via play offs this season .

Gettin' Auld
18-08-2014, 09:06 AM
There were no positives:

I wondered why there was so much pessimism in that post, then i saw your username and it all started to make sense.

:greengrin

Bobby's Cinema
18-08-2014, 09:12 AM
Really?
Yesterday was hard to take, but now that the dust has settled :top marks

MacGruber
18-08-2014, 10:24 AM
Yesterday was hard to take, but now that the dust has settled :top marks

Hard to take yesterday of course and i'm not sure if we are in a better or worse position than what was in my mind before kick-off. Before kick off I thought we would come up short with this one coming too soon and them looking decent not forgetting the game being at Tynecastle.

On one hand the disappointment of our own performance, the apparent lack of belief and ultimately the end result.

On the other hand there was hardly anything between the sides and the gap between the 2 teams is a lot less than I'd thought at this stage. More time under Stubbs, the integration of Allen and Kennedy into the team plus new signings and we can make up that gap.

Worth remembering this was an away game - if we win the corresponding home game its honours even in terms of the points.

So disappointed with Hibs yesterday but now realise they are bang average too just a little bit more options in the final third.

Worth remembering that Hearts have made double the signings we've made so you'd expect them to have more options. Of course this is entirely down to Stubbs, Dempster and the board to be addressing and is impacted by the ST sales but also hindered by the amount of money paid out in compensation packages to ex-players/managers (god knows how many) and servicing debt. The cheats aren't hindered as much by paying off ex-players/staff or servicing debt now - the rewards for decades of cheating, more financial advantage.

Also worth pointing out, Hearts have more options coming through the youth another advantage helped along by the money thrown at them under the cheating regime, youngsters enticed to the dark side ahead of other clubs (not just Hibs) by the ill-gotten gains of the financially doped Lithuanian state sponsored tax dodging thiefs.

It's not a level playing field yet - but it will be in the coming years. If yesterday is a barometer, the games are already getting closer.

Yours

Bitter Hibby

heretoday
18-08-2014, 10:59 AM
I'm not too bothered about yesterday. Contrast that side with the shadows of men who played against Hamilton.

It's a marathon not a sprint as they say.

Spike Mandela
18-08-2014, 12:17 PM
Sick of the sight of these 'positives' threads as we only see them when we get beat....again! No offence but hope this is the last 'positives form today' thread that we see this season.

truehibernian
18-08-2014, 12:52 PM
I'm not too bothered about yesterday. Contrast that side with the shadows of men who played against Hamilton.

It's a marathon not a sprint as they say.

Game was ours to win at around 65 minutes - sign of intent to win would have been bringing on Kennedy and Cummings - bit surprised and bothered that AS didn't make subs sooner.

Nothing at all between the sides, bit of magic from Nicolson and superb skill from Farid. Other than that I thought we were very poor final third, something that will haunt us again this year. The lack of pace and goals really alarms me. Farid is a player I like attitude wise - work rate alone will get him goals. Stanton, Harris, Robertson, all need to be offering much much more in these high tempo games.

Another 'what if' game for me - if we had scored the pen the belief in the side and our play would have been incredible. Instead, it let Hearts off the hook.

Fine margins yesterday but Hearts look more dynamic up top and have what we have none of - pace.

JimBHibees
18-08-2014, 01:01 PM
Game was ours to win at around 65 minutes - sign of intent to win would have been bringing on Kennedy and Cummings - bit surprised and bothered that AS didn't make subs sooner.

Nothing at all between the sides, bit of magic from Nicolson and superb skill from Farid. Other than that I thought we were very poor final third, something that will haunt us again this year. The lack of pace and goals really alarms me. Farid is a player I like attitude wise - work rate alone will get him goals. Stanton, Harris, Robertson, all need to be offering much much more in these high tempo games.

Another 'what if' game for me - if we had scored the pen the belief in the side and our play would have been incredible. Instead, it let Hearts off the hook.

Fine margins yesterday but Hearts look more dynamic up top and have what we have none of - pace.

Agree personally thought it was odd that no subs were brought on 20-25 mins to go as you say as the game was limping along with little goal threat until the goal, get the impression AS may have been happy with a draw at that stage given his comments that we were in control, though to me only in control of not losing a goal rather than creating anything. Personally may have brought on Allan and Kennedy for Handling and Stanton who I think were struggling. Their goal changed it and it was galling to then see a sub come on.

Franck Stanton
18-08-2014, 01:09 PM

hat one sentence sums up everything about the game .

ancient hibee
18-08-2014, 01:10 PM
Lot of aimless play from both teams-neither goalie had much to do-we missed a penalty(soft) and that cost us at least a draw.That's about it.

Lago
18-08-2014, 02:21 PM
Sorry folks not many positives for me. Centre forward and goal keeper look decent, same midfield as last season and played much like last season.
I will reserve judgement until after the Falkirk game because I think that will tell us whether this team has it in them to be successful or not.

Hibs07p
18-08-2014, 04:03 PM
I've read a lot of the threads regarding yesterdays game, so here's my tuppence worth. Until we missed the penalty, we were dominating the game, without offering anything in the final third. We forced them to defend, and didn't allow them to attack us. After the penalty miss, they came more into the game having had a wee lift, and had a couple of chances before the break. For 25 minutes after the break we were very comfortable, and they didn't look like scoring in a month of Sundays. The game changed in a 5 minute spell, with a spectacular shot that 99 times out of a hundred wouldn't have come close to going in, and the penalty award, and going down to 10 men. The home end was virtually silent for 70 minutes, untill they scored. I just don't get some of the negative comments regarding how we played. As other people have said it was very fine margins that decided the winner and losers yesterday, but without a doubt in my mind we were the better footballing team yesterday. At 60 - 65 minutes, when it looked like it 0 - 0 written all over it, as others have said, subs should have been made, and we should then attempted to take the game to them for the last 20 - 25 minutes. If it had ended 0 - 0, most people would looked at it as a vast improvement on last season. Something that Stubbsy will have to take lessons from ASAP. The fans were outstanding once again, and did what we had to do, that was support the team. Clapping them off the park, was to recognise their efforts, and for me, a show of defiance to the bawbags in the home stands, who had been sitting on their hands for most of the game.

GGTTH

ancient hibee
18-08-2014, 05:57 PM
Nicolson's shot went in off the post-another day it would have gone past.The best goal of the day was ours-didn't see anyone else on the pitch capable of doing that.