PDA

View Full Version : A proper number 10

Ozyhibby
17-08-2014, 01:50 PM
We still need one badly. We have zero creativity in the final third.
Harris, Handling and Stanton contributed nothing today.
I don't want to hear any more about new back room staff until we address this problem which has been ongoing for about 5 years.

GreenOnions
17-08-2014, 01:58 PM
We still need one badly. We have zero creativity in the final third.
Harris, Handling and Stanton contributed nothing today.
I don't want to hear any more about new back room staff until we address this problem which has been ongoing for about 5 years.

I agree that this is where we lost it today. I can't quite believe the other thread suggesting our central midfielders were culpable. It's all about opinions I suppose but, for me, our goalie, defence and central midfield dealt pretty comfortably with Hearts. However, we just didn't have any real threat going forward I'm afraid.

BH Hibs
17-08-2014, 02:02 PM
Thought Harris was coming on to a game then just vanished in second half. We just seem **** scared to take anyone on.

Ozyhibby
17-08-2014, 02:06 PM
I agree that this is where we lost it today. I can't quite believe the other thread suggesting our central midfielders were culpable. It's all about opinions I suppose but, for me, our goalie, defence and central midfield dealt pretty comfortably with Hearts. However, we just didn't have any real threat going forward I'm afraid.

I agree. I've no problem with Craig and Robertson today. They were having to cover for the youngsters all day.

Ozyhibby
17-08-2014, 02:08 PM
Thought Harris was coming on to a game then just vanished in second half. We just seem **** scared to take anyone on.

He's good at vanishing.

southern hibby
17-08-2014, 02:16 PM
I thought ( tin hat I'n here ) Hibs were truly shocking I'n as much as they never watched the runners. Hertz used little triangular formations to good effect. We seemed at times second to loose balls. Our goal scorer at times was out wide reminded me of Collins last year exept he can certainly win his fair share of headers. WE HAVE NO killer pass no creativeness I'n midfield no chance of killing teams off unless this drastically changes.
We certainly need another striker and certainly notthe cheap option and a creative midfield player.

For me and this is my opinion AS never made a sub sooner. He can have all the backroom staff he wants but he needs to act upon the game especially as I thought that it was Slipping away from us.

If Hibs don't invest I'n another striker creative midfield player and CH now that Nelson's told he is surpluss to requirements I really do think we will seriously struggle against certain teams this season that we could easily match if we had these 3 extra players.

GGTTH

Glasgow Hibee
17-08-2014, 02:31 PM
I agree. I've no problem with Craig and Robertson today. They were having to cover for the youngsters all day.

Well said, this is exactly how I saw it. I actually think we need another holding midfielder to release Craig or Robertson to play further up the pitch where I think they are best. They would also support whichever two of the youngsters you left up there (Harris, Handling or Stanton). It might take some pressure off them and let them play their more natural attacking game.

Unseen work
17-08-2014, 03:07 PM
Personally think we need a centre mid to control the game far more than a number 10