PDA

View Full Version : Honeymoon Over

Forza Fred
17-08-2014, 01:18 PM
Not the time to slash wrists, but definitely one for calm reflection.

We may be better than last season, but not by THAT much.

We have not recruited sufficient new blood to make a difference.

Robertson still being on the park at the time of his indiscretion when nearly everyone else thought he should have been subbed was a tactical error.

We will once again Not be among the highest goal scorers,unless we sign another striker.

We still give the ball away too much.

That should be enough to be going on with....

DaveF
17-08-2014, 01:21 PM
Stubbs could with explaining why he didn't change a thing when it was clear we were second best. No attempt to win the game. It was clear that was an exercise in hanging on for a point and that's not good enough IMO.

It is early doors but the manager is showing a very alarming trend in not being able to influence a game with substitutions.

BoltonHibee
17-08-2014, 01:22 PM
Sadly lacking on the player front,

SkintHibby
17-08-2014, 01:25 PM
I seen enough today to KNOW that Rangers and Hearts are guaranteed a 1 2 league finish.

We are ordinary and will lose games to the likes of QOS, Livi and Raith when the going gets tough.

Shocking times. Petrie should have been man handled from Easter Road.

Northernhibee
17-08-2014, 01:25 PM
**** me, narrow loss that could have been entirely different if it weren't for a couple of individual errors and it's "honeymoon over".

Christ almighty.

Humo
17-08-2014, 01:27 PM
Surely for the Honeymoon over we actually of needed to have one in the first place? Or was wins against lesser opponents and draws and loses against better teams good enough? then kick-start the season with a lose over one of the ugly sisters that were there for the taken then a shaky win against Livingston

I think the only chance of us getting promoted is if we win through the play offs and even then it might only be a 4th place finish for us

SkintHibby
17-08-2014, 01:28 PM
Stubbs could with explaining why he didn't change a thing when it was clear we were second best. No attempt to win the game. It was clear that was an exercise in hanging on for a point and that's not good enough IMO.

It is early doors but the manager is showing a very alarming trend in not being able to influence a game with substitutions.

Dave, it's wisnae "clear we were second best". There was nothing in it.

He should have made the changes when there was nothing between the sides!

Forza Fred
17-08-2014, 01:30 PM

To be fair to him, he is still learning at this level, and his reluctance to hook players may have been a confidence boosting attribute suited to under 21 players, but I think after today the shepherds crook will be used by him a bit quicker in future.

It has been an expensive lesson mind.

Just_Jimmy
17-08-2014, 01:30 PM
**** me, narrow loss that could have been entirely different if it weren't for a couple of individual errors and it's "honeymoon over".

Christ almighty.

individual errors by 2 players who played a huge role in last season disaster.

Craig's penalty was pathetic. Facing a 20 year old keeper making his debut.

Robertson did nothing except petty foul his way through the game and everyone (except Stubbs) saw the second booking coming.

We failed to put any pressure on their young keeper. Plenty effort, little guile and very little ball retention at all.

Poor.

Michael
17-08-2014, 01:31 PM

Not enough data to determine if there is a trend. Plus, he's a young manager and we're not exactly bursting at the seams with quality.

...Remember the days when we could bring Sheils or Sproule off the bench? We don't really have anyone like that right now.

SkintHibby
17-08-2014, 01:32 PM

Robertson did nothing except petty foul his way through the game and everyone (except Stubbs) saw the second booking coming.

We failed to put any pressure on their young keeper. Plenty effort, little guile and very little ball retention at all.

Poor.

Same pish. Different league. Different season.

CalgaryHibs
17-08-2014, 01:32 PM
Still can't them in any division football!!!???
Where do we go from here ????

SaulGoodman
17-08-2014, 01:34 PM
I seen enough today to KNOW that Rangers and Hearts are guaranteed a 1 2 league finish.

We are ordinary and will lose games to the likes of QOS, Livi and Raith when the going gets tough.

Except the fact we've already beat Livi eh?

"honeymoon over" after our first defeat. :faf:

Hamish
17-08-2014, 01:35 PM

Christ almighty.

:agree: Some in here need to take a breath and log off .net for a while. The lad Nicholson scored a wonder goal, we missed a penalty. There wasn't a lot between the teams.

DaveF
17-08-2014, 01:35 PM
Not enough data to determine if there is a trend. Plus, he's a young manager and we're not exactly bursting at the seams with quality.

...Remember the days when we could bring Sheils or Sproule off the bench? We don't really have anyone like that right now.

Last week, 2 subs at 80 mins. I don't think either Heffernan or Stanton could have complained if they were hooked much earlier than that.

This week, well.......

I did day its early door but that's a mini pattern I'd rather not see continue.

cabbageandribs1875
17-08-2014, 01:37 PM

i already worked that one out before the season started :greengrin unfortunately, still 36 games to go though :flag:

DaveF
17-08-2014, 01:38 PM
:agree: Some in here need to take a breath and log off .net for a while. The lad Nicholson scored a wonder goal, we missed a penalty. There wasn't a lot between the teams.

True, but we lost to them. Again.

SkintHibby
17-08-2014, 01:39 PM

I never said anything about "honeymoon over". You are confusing me with someone else.

There was never any honeymoon.

We've papered over a few cracks here and there but most of last seasons dross is still there.

Yes we beat Livi but they will probably gub us on a cold November evening in Livingston!

Forza Fred

I think the game showed that we do have clear deficiencies that need addressing.

On the other hand if people think everything will be Barry......

Liam_Hibs
I feel there isn't much between the teams. I think we should have had Stanton and Robertson off much, much earlier but Stubbs didn't make the changes. Really looking forward until Allan can start ahead of Robertson. Also think Stanton needs to be hooked for a while.

Very disappointed with the result, but feel a lot of people are over reacting. Just my opinion of course :greengrin .

SkintHibby
True, but we lost to them. Again.

Hibs.net needs a LIKE button!

One Day Soon
17-08-2014, 01:40 PM

How many points do we get for "There wasn't a lot between the teams"? Beaten in a derby - again. In a fight with one of the other two teams expected to compete for promotion that was a six pointer.

Potty78
17-08-2014, 01:41 PM
Nothing between the teams to be honest. One bit of brilliance changed the game. Robertson should have been taken off as u seen the sending off coming. Thought we done ok and more than matched hearts. We need more creativity in midfield though. Young Stanton needs time on the bench now and still no sure on handling. From what I seen today, a couple of decent signings and we have nowt to worry about.

SkintHibby
17-08-2014, 01:44 PM
I'm 44 years old and over the years I've learned a few things about Edinburgh derbies.

Hibs have to be AMAZING to beat Hearts.

Hearts just have turn up.

bobbyhibs1983
17-08-2014, 01:44 PM

I tihnk you are pretty much right, there wasn't too much between us, but when it needed to heartz stepped up, and the young guy scored a cracker.We missed a penalty which was a shocking miss.I guess the first rule of taking a pen is hit the target!!

except for a 5minute spell, did we look like we were gonna score? IMO no we did not.
It seems there was a lazy of drive, a will to win, which sadly always seems to be missing against them,

We as a team seem to be joe average, we ll win a few games, lose a few games, draw games we should have won.
There seems to be a lack of pace also in our team, which i feel should be adressed.We just seem so slow with things.

Pretty Boy
17-08-2014, 01:45 PM
How many points do we get for "There wasn't a lot between the teams"? Beaten in a derby - again. In a fight with one of the other two teams expected to compete for promotion that was a six pointer.

The point is it was 2 or 3 isolated incidents that cost us, up until the goal Hearts looked no more like scoring us.

I'm as ****ed off about losing as anyone right now but alreafy the Captain Hindsights are out in force telling us Stubbs is the wrong man, how we shoulf have done this, that and the other differently.

At the game a large percentage of the support applauded the team off because the effort was evident. Suppose that makes us losers or possessing a loser mentality or some other such pisb.

Forza Fred
17-08-2014, 01:48 PM

Dunno if I agree.

The second half I thought they were MUCH the likelier side, and we seemed to win the ball only once again to give it away, or kick it into touch.

We only seemed to be a threat after they went two up.

We definitely need another striker, a ball winner who does not push players until he gets sent off and someone who can put his foot on the ball in midfield and direct things.

Or, we can continue with what we have got and hope results improve, which in all probability they will, bot sufficiently I fear.

Forza Fred
17-08-2014, 01:51 PM
The point is it was 2 or 3 isolated incidents that cost us, up until the goal Hearts looked no more like scoring us.

I'm as ****ed off about losing as anyone right now but alreafy the Captain Hindsights are out in force telling us Stubbs is the wrong man, how we shoulf have done this, that and the other differently.

At the game a large percentage of the support applauded the team off because the effort was evident. Suppose that makes us losers or possessing a loser mentality or some other such pisb.

I have not read one post where it says Stubbs is the wrong man.....but I and others do question why he left Robertson for so long when we all believed he was certainty to get a red card.

I think it is perfectly legitimate to question what went wrong after a defeat.

Green Fish
17-08-2014, 01:53 PM
So disappointed, jambo said to me last week they wouldn't let our mf play and he was right.
StaNTon, Robertson, handling all posted missing, Harris tried but not enough. No surge from mf and no support up front. Am gutted, will have to try and remain positive

Hamish
17-08-2014, 01:56 PM
Dunno if I agree.

The second half I thought they were MUCH the likelier side, and we seemed to win the ball only once again to give it away, or kick it into touch.

We only seemed to be a threat after they went two up.

We definitely need another striker, a ball winner who does not push players until he gets sent off and someone who can put his foot on the ball in midfield and direct things.

Or, we can continue with what we have got and hope results improve, which in all probability they will, bot sufficiently I fear.

I though we were the better side up until the penalty miss. Agree they looked the better side for most of the second half without bothering us too much. Nicholson, who looks a player, scored a great goal and we were all over the place for the next 10 minutes. Finished the better side. I agree we need players in, but like it or not, its going to take Stubbs some time to sort out the complete mess that was left by the previous incumbent.

bobbyhibs1983
17-08-2014, 01:57 PM

I think this is inportant though i think for other reasons.I tihnk we, as a club seem to go from loss to loss (espc against them) and not learning anything from losing.
It just seems all heartz have to do is turn up to play us, and grind out something with minimum effort.

Pretty Boy
17-08-2014, 01:58 PM
I have not read one post where it says Stubbs is the wrong man.....but I and others do question why he left Robertson for so long when we all believed he was certainty to get a red card.

I've questioned that decision. Anyone who doesn't is an idiot.

There has been at least 2 posters, possibly on the match thread, who said they 'always knew Stubbs was clueless.'

I just don't accept we didn't turn up today, and I'm reading a lot of that. We didn't play well but there was plenty effort and battling. We got undone by 2 mistakes and a great goal.

Forza Fred
17-08-2014, 02:00 PM
So disappointed, jambo said to me last week they wouldn't let our mf play and he was right.
StaNTon, Robertson, handling all posted missing, Harris tried but not enough. No surge from mf and no support up front. Am gutted, will have to try and remain positive

I thought the positives were Nelson' performance, a glimmer that Harris is getting back to what we think he can be capable of, a great striker's goal and a confident display by Oxley.

And with tin hat on, penalty aside, I thought Craig had a good first half.

One Day Soon
17-08-2014, 02:02 PM

No, the point is we lost yet another derby and three important points to promotion rivals. I'm sick of our hard luck stories over the years and I have no patience left for them now. You can cut it any way you like but we don't have a squad that is either big enough or good enough, we are still carrying too much baggage from last season (particularly in terms of mentality) and we are just soft.

That would all be depressing but more or less fine if we were in the SPL, but in a division where it is critical that we get out at first time of asking I think it adds up to a ticking parcel. We clearly need more and better players but I don't see any willingness to spend and most of the quality that would have been out there has probably found clubs.

In this league we need to consistently play as a unit and we need to be mentally tough. We are miles away from that and certainly a good distance behind the other two favourites.

This isn't a Stubbs issue, it remains as it always was a Hibs issue. We could get it right IF Stubbs develops as a manager, IF the club is willing to bring in the players we need and IF our players toughen up mentally. I think we will get one of those this season, maybe two - but not all three.

We will be in this league next season too, I think that is a stick-on certainty.

Forza Fred
17-08-2014, 02:04 PM
I've questioned that decision. Anyone who doesn't is an idiot.

There has been at least 2 posters, possibly on the match thread, who said they 'always knew Stubbs was clueless.'

I just don't accept we didn't turn up today, and I'm reading a lot of that. We didn't play well but there was plenty effort and battling. We got undone by 2 mistakes and a great goal.

Completely agree in regard to effort and battling.

Hate to say it, but thought they displayed a bit more craft than us though.

We need a few more in.....presumably the finances don' allow for it.

Can accept the smaller and better argument in terms of squad size if they were MUCH better, but don't think we are there yet.

BoltonHibee
17-08-2014, 02:07 PM
I thought the positives were Nelson' performance, a glimmer that Harris is getting back to what we think he can be capable of, a great striker's goal and a confident display by Oxley.

And with tin hat on, penalty aside, I thought Craig had a good first half.

Nelson, are having a laugh?

Shocking Distribution that puts us under a lot of needless pressure

Forza Fred
17-08-2014, 02:23 PM

Have long accepted that distribution is not his game, but thought in his 'old fashioned' centre half role he did ok.

Certainly kept the pig quiet.

sleeping giant
17-08-2014, 02:24 PM

nelson was decent today.
He's not a midfield playmaker FFS.

BoltonHibee
17-08-2014, 02:27 PM
Nelson is crap, so he won a few headers whoopee doo. There is more to being a central defender nowadays. He puts us under constant pressure with his piss poor decision making and passing. Stubbs has told him to look for a new club FFS, that's how highly he rates him.

ekhibee
17-08-2014, 02:27 PM
On the face of it we've been unlucky against Rangers in the PetrieGTF Cup, and we've been beaten by a wonder goal at Tynecastle.But the fact of the matter is, we have what we have. Still plenty of the failures that were in the team last season, and we've not brought in nearly enough players. I watched the interview with Leeann Dempster the other day, and as usual she said all the right things, but I'm sorry, I haven't really seen much change in league performances so far. I suppose it would also be fair to say that neither Hearts or Rangers look anything special either, and we are a club in transition, but it's only a couple of weeks till the end of the transfer window and there's every possibility that we will be stuck with a squad of 18 till January. And nobody seems to be able to answer this question: how are we going to bring in players of quality when we don't have the money to buy them? Maybe we'll get some loanees from Everton, but I'm not counting on it.

sleeping giant
17-08-2014, 02:30 PM
Nelson is crap, so he won a few headers whoopee doo. There is more to being a central defender nowadays. He puts us under constant pressure with his piss poor decision making and passing. Stubbs has told him to look for a new club FFS, that's how highly he rates him.

Not disagreeing with you. Just saying i did not think he was that crap today.
He's not a silky football player. He is what he is.

Forza Fred
17-08-2014, 02:30 PM

But it says more about the depth of the squad that he plays him a few days after reportedly telling him he can go does it not?

I think, this is where I came in...I'm off to bed, gotta get up in a few hours for work...

blackpoolhibs
17-08-2014, 02:33 PM

I thought he did ok today Moray, i'd certainly say the back 4 did ok too. I agree his distribution is poor, but thats always been the case. And he has been told he can go, which only highlights just how short we are in bodies when we have one injury to a defender and he's right back in.

We need straight away another centre half, desperately. We also need another central defender and another forward, and these need to be good enough to be first choice picks.

Unless we get them, we are fighting for a play off place, with little chance in my opinion of actually winning it.

BoltonHibee
17-08-2014, 02:33 PM
But it says more about the depth of the squad that he plays him a few days after reportedly telling him he can go does it not?

I think, this is where I came in...I'm off to bed, gotta get up in a few hours for work...

Your right Fred, it's almost Butcher like. You can go as I don't want you, oh and if you don't mind could you turn out for us on Sunday

Forza Fred
17-08-2014, 02:35 PM
Your right Fred, it's almost Butcher like. You can go as I don't want you, oh and if you don't mind could you turn out for us on Sunday

Exactly!,

A wind of change??

neil7908
17-08-2014, 03:01 PM
What concerns me is that Stubbs was in the paper today saying how he'd done a great job changing and making over the club in his short time here - that game could have taken place under Fenlon, Butcher, Mixu etc.

Yes he's a young manager but this club needs to go up first time. Another season in this league would be a disaster and could be the ruin of us if fans start to drift away. We've played rangers and hearts now and lost both times.

Flanny boy
17-08-2014, 03:25 PM
Lots we can say about todays game but most been said already
robertson should have been taken off stanton should be dropped
if Craig scores the pen things may have been diffirent etc etc.
i thought the best hibs could hope for before the season began
was 3rd or 4th and I still believe that now.

CalgaryHibs
17-08-2014, 03:53 PM
I'm 44 years old and over the years I've learned a few things about Edinburgh derbies.

Hibs have to be AMAZING to beat Hearts.

Hearts just have turn up.
Correct
This happens every year

CalgaryHibs
17-08-2014, 03:55 PM
Lots we can say about todays game but most been said already
robertson should have been taken off stanton should be dropped
if Craig scores the pen things may have been diffirent etc etc.
i thought the best hibs could hope for before the season began
was 3rd or 4th and I still believe that now.
Ditto

The Gorf
17-08-2014, 04:26 PM
But why do we never get players like Nicholson. Christ, this was a club that were very nearly liquidated. Our players in are three free's and two loans ffs.

hibeesjoe
17-08-2014, 04:34 PM
Nowt up front. Still the same attitude towards the beasts when we play them. Not sure how long the windows open for but we need a prolific striker. Not someone that will win the ball, someone that will smash it into the net.

Bleeds green
17-08-2014, 04:43 PM
ZERO shots on target until well into last 5 mins and 2-0 down, today it seemed like same old story, have faith Stubbs is the man to get it right but needs a couple more players and time!

Famous Fiver
17-08-2014, 04:46 PM
same old same old as far as I am concerned. Powder puff, no goal threat, they took their chances. Stubbs has had two big games. Lost both of them. If he can't see what's wrong he is never a coach. Goals win games. We got a penalty, they had a man sent off and their under 20 goalie was playing. Result, we lost. TB must have been having a wee chuckle to himself. Stubbs needs to get the finger out and quick. No more fancy words, it's wins against the Hearts we want. What bit of that does he not understand?

seton punter
17-08-2014, 04:46 PM

This

Purehibee_MYB
17-08-2014, 04:57 PM
Today there was two goals of real quality and two penalties, one scored and one missed, that was the difference. Everyone needs to calm down.
There seems to be a contingent of fans who go from euphoria one minute when we beat Livi and start thinking we'll walk the league, to suddenly thinking all is done for when we lose to Hearts. Let's give the season a bit of time to get going before we start making sweeping statements and bashing players.

Bleeds green
17-08-2014, 05:08 PM
Today there was two goals of real quality and two penalties, one scored and one missed, that was the difference. Everyone needs to calm down.
There seems to be a contingent of fans who go from euphoria one minute when we beat Livi and start thinking we'll walk the league, to suddenly thinking all is done for when we lose to Hearts. Let's give the season a bit of time to get going before we start making sweeping statements and bashing players.

After 50 mis I was just waiting for hearts to score I knew they would and hibs wouldn't....why? Because it's same old hibs the nervousness in the play had slowly worked into the players and it was a matter of when not if sad but true

whiskyhibby
17-08-2014, 05:09 PM
What a load of *****........

Nakedmanoncrack
17-08-2014, 05:27 PM
Not much in it, penalty miss cost us dearly, but never mind let's have a witch hunt.

Carheenlea
17-08-2014, 05:46 PM

Aye? Best try and get a refund for the season ticket.

DH1875
17-08-2014, 06:02 PM
Doesn't matter who the manager is. For the team to succeed we need the board to back the manager and give him the tools for the job. This squad is never gonna win the league and if we've any chance of making the playoffs we need new players asap.

NAE NOOKIE
17-08-2014, 06:51 PM
I don't think the honeymoon period is over. I'm sure AS can come good and I certainly wont judge his long term suitability based on one game, even a derby game ...... better managers than him have lost this fixture.

But, this was our first real test in the league and we fell short. Yes Alan Stubbs is a first time manager and has things to learn about tactics, psychology ..... stuff like that.

But he has been in the game long enough as player and coach to be able to see when a player's performance on any given day is making him a liability to the team. He should also be able to see when a game is turning against his team and make an attempt to change it, either by changes in tactics or changes from the bench.

Check the match thread .......... loads of folk predicted what was going to happen with Robertson even before the first half had ended. lots were mystified that fresh legs didn't get introduced when it was clear the game had turned against us.

When the fans out think the manager and are proved right something has gone wrong.

Hibs7
17-08-2014, 07:28 PM
I don't think the honeymoon period is over. I'm sure AS can come good and I certainly wont judge his long term suitability based on one game, even a derby game ...... better managers than him have lost this fixture.

But, this was our first real test in the league and we fell short. Yes Alan Stubbs is a first time manager and has things to learn about tactics, psychology ..... stuff like that.

But he has been in the game long enough as player and coach to be able to see when a player's performance on any given day is making him a liability to the team. He should also be able to see when a game is turning against his team and make an attempt to change it, either by changes in tactics or changes from the bench.

Check the match thread .......... loads of folk predicted what was going to happen with Robertson even before the first half had ended. lots were mystified that fresh legs didn't get introduced when it was clear the game had turned against us.

When the fans out think the manager and are proved right something has gone wrong.

Not just the manager ... The whole back room staff ... Surely somebody should have said Robertson was a liability ... Ffs

Bleeds green
17-08-2014, 07:31 PM

Spot on let's hope it's learnt from it have faith in Stubbs he needs 2 new players IMO and Allen and Kennedy are starters fully fit

One Day
17-08-2014, 08:23 PM

I know. It's depressing isn't it

connerg
17-08-2014, 09:22 PM

Poor.

Robertson and Craig had a massive influence on how we played last season, which ended in relegation. Those two cost us the game today. They should have went with Butcher and Malpas.

Northernhibee
17-08-2014, 09:24 PM
I really don't think we were nearly as bad as a lot of people are making out on here. A couple of moments of madness probably cost us the game but every single player won't make the entire season without making a mistake here or there.

Craig has been excellent so far this season up to that penalty and I appreciate what Robertson does as well.

One narrow loss does not deserve the baffling about of vitriol that it's receiving on here.

blackpoolhibs
17-08-2014, 09:38 PM
I really don't think we were nearly as bad as a lot of people are making out on here. A couple of moments of madness probably cost us the game but every single player won't make the entire season without making a mistake here or there.

Craig has been excellent so far this season up to that penalty and I appreciate what Robertson does as well.

One narrow loss does not deserve the baffling about of vitriol that it's receiving on here.

Its only from those happy we lost, its been a while since we could have a real moan about a defeat. :rolleyes:

Northernhibee
17-08-2014, 09:50 PM
Its only from those happy we lost, its been a while since we could have a real moan about a defeat. :rolleyes:

Got anything constructive to add?

Heisenberg
17-08-2014, 09:54 PM

What does Robertson actually do besides give away the ball and needless fouls? He runs about a lot with absolutely no other redeeming qualities. He's like a pish John Rankin.

blackpoolhibs
17-08-2014, 09:55 PM
Got anything constructive to add?

Aye, thought the back 4 played ok, but i have yet to hear from anyone happy we lost.

greenlex
18-08-2014, 08:53 AM

I shouldn't worry about it too much. Rightly or wrongly it's the same after every derby defeat. A win next week will see balance restored.

greenlex
18-08-2014, 08:54 AM
I've yet to read anything from anyone happy we lost.:confused:

blackpoolhibs
18-08-2014, 08:57 AM
I've yet to read anything from anyone happy we lost.:confused:

Me neither. :wink: Private joke.

greenlex
18-08-2014, 08:57 AM
Me neither. :wink: Private joke.:aok:

Ray_
18-08-2014, 11:07 AM

Maybe not, but yesterday's inept performance does!

Purehibee_MYB
18-08-2014, 11:10 AM
Maybe not, but yesterday's inept performance does!

Do you really think Hearts dominated us and absolutely out-performed us?

Can you remember Sow doing anything of real note?

bobbyhibs1983
18-08-2014, 11:16 AM

Yet again agianst them we did very little offensively wise til like the 80th min, do you find that acceptable?

The one thing i think about derbies its less about how you preform its how well yoo battle and how many chances you make, and do you win.

It was an even type game, but who is gonna remeber that?
all people will really remeber is heartz yet again beating us without domoinating us and that i fell is the worst thing imo

Bad Martini
18-08-2014, 11:18 AM
The game was close. We were at times far better than the mutants and on occassion, made an arse of things.

Form rarely comes into derbies and if you are going to lose a game in this league, lets get it done early and learn. The decisions on subs was pish from Stubbs. I am sure he'll learn anaw. Incidentally, they beat the huns anaw...I dont think they'll pack up sticks and give up the league either after one ****ty defeat.

I hate the mutants. We lost again. We didnt look like a worse team than them. We won that last new year game but **** knows how with the players and manager we had.

We WILL beat them. And we will be up there at the end of the season. We will also implode after every defeat, me included. Til Monday...:flag:

They're still mutants mind. :aok:

GGTTH.

Purehibee_MYB
18-08-2014, 11:22 AM
Yet again agianst them we did very little offensively wise til like the 80th min, do you find that acceptable?

The one thing i think about derbies its less about how you preform its how well yoo battle and how many chances you make, and do you win.

all people will really remeber is heartz yet again beating us without domoinating us and that i fell is the worst thing imo

Same can be said about them.

They had one real chance before the 75th minute.

The game basically came down to two moments of quality, a missed penalty and a scored penalty.

Offensively we were poor, but it's one game. It just hurts more because it's the derby which is understandable.

Ray_
18-08-2014, 11:27 AM
The game was close. We were at times far better than the mutants and on occassion, made an arse of things.

Form rarely comes into derbies and if you are going to lose a game in this league, lets get it done early and learn. The decisions on subs was pish from Stubbs. I am sure he'll learn anaw. Incidentally, they beat the huns anaw...I dont think they'll pack up sticks and give up the league either after one ****ty defeat.

I hate the mutants. We lost again. We didnt look like a worse team than them. We won that last new year game but **** knows how with the players and manager we had.

We WILL beat them. And we will be up there at the end of the season. We will also implode after every defeat, me included. Til Monday...:flag:

They're still mutants mind. :aok:

GGTTH.

We were second best for most of the game, I saw it and every independent individual I know, who commented, saw it, every report I read or viewed saw it & most hibs supporters I know, saw it. There are a few who didn't see it & worryingly, our manager is one of them [or so he says].

Waxy
18-08-2014, 11:34 AM
We will have signed a few more good players by the time the playoffs come round next May.

ahibby
18-08-2014, 11:39 AM
[QUOTE=Forza Fred;4130555]Not the time to slash wrists, but definitely one for calm reflection.

We may be better than last season, but not by THAT much.

QUOTE]

We are only better because we are playing inferior teams. Our lot would toil still in the Premier league, by current showings.

Forza Fred
18-08-2014, 11:42 AM
We were second best for most of the game, I saw it and every independent individual I know, who commented, saw it, every report I read or viewed saw it & most hibs supporters I know, saw it. There are a few who didn't see it & worryingly, our manager is one of them [or so he says].

Yep, we're very good at ignoring the blatant obvious and taking an ailisbarry approach when really, all we want is to win, then there would be no need for excuses.

We were not good enough to do that.

Hopefully we can get some players in who will make the difference, but the current lot will not get us promoted.

There were those who actually scoffed at the thought we could get relegated last season a few weeks out from the season end, urging us keep the faith.

Well, now we apparently will definitely be challenging for the title, and to suggest otherwise is almost treason.

We need more new players to do that.

End of sermon.:greengrin

Thecat23
18-08-2014, 11:52 AM
What we do need to remember is Stubbs has done a good job in the 7 or 8 weeks he's been here. Up until the pen we looked the better side. Sadly last seasons bad habits kicked in and we lost to what I thought was a better Hearts team in the end!

greenpaper55
18-08-2014, 11:56 AM

Sow never got a look in and was forced to elbow defenders to try and win the ball, he is 6'4 and jumps 6'3 !. Folk need to have a wee think to themselves if they think we can turn into Barcelona in eight weeks , we have come on a fair distance since the end of the season and i've no doubt we will get better still.

Keith_M
18-08-2014, 11:59 AM
Sow never got a look in and was forced to elbow defenders to try and win the ball, he is 6'4 and jumps 6'3 !. Folk need to have a wee think to themselves if they think we can turn into Barcelona in eight weeks , we have come on a fair distance since the end of the season and i've no doubt we will get better still.

This is a bugbear of mine. Why do people have to use hyperbole to argue the point?

Nobody's asking for Barcelona, just a team that can beat a very poor Hearts.

BoltonHibee
18-08-2014, 11:59 AM
What we do need to remember is Stubbs has done a good job in the 7 or 8 weeks he's been here. Up until the pen we looked the better side. Sadly last seasons bad habits kicked in and we lost to what I thought was a better Hearts team in the end!

I'm not having a go at you Cat but what has he done as far as a good job.

We have recruited very few players, we have played 3 competitive games. Lost 2, won 1.

I'm not having a pop at him either, but I just don't see to date where the good job comes in yet

Keith_M
18-08-2014, 12:03 PM

We have recruited very few players, we have played 3 competitive games. Lost 2, won 1.

I'm not having a pop at him either, but I just don't see to date where the good job comes in yet

:agree:

I think people are overplaying what Stubbs has achieved. We've already been beaten by both of our biggest rivals and won a game with a fluke goal from our Goalie. Those, as they say, are the facts.

I'm in no way saying I think Stubbs is the wrong man for the job (I haven't seen enough yet to judge him either way) or is already a failure, I just think he's achieved nothing yet to get us particularly excited.

Thecat23
18-08-2014, 12:04 PM

Well in seven weeks he has got us believing in passing the ball. These are the same players who were shot to bits after going down. Zero confidence as well. Look at Nelson yesterday. Sow was in his pocket all game. That wouldn't have happened last year.

We lost to The Rangers with 10 men and completely dominated them. Surely you seen this no? These are early signs he's improved a squad that lacked confidence. His signings look fairly good and it's not his fault though that we can't get more in that's the board.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bobbyhibs1983
18-08-2014, 12:07 PM
Same can be said about them.

They had one real chance before the 75th minute.

The game basically came down to two moments of quality, a missed penalty and a scored penalty.

Offensively we were poor, but it's one game. It just hurts more because it's the derby which is understandable.

It just seems to me that every time we play the, offensively we are poor,I would hazard a guess that in the last 10games agianst them we d be lucky to have scored 4 goals i stand correctly if im wrong though.But its not just ONE game is it? it was 4 out of 5 last season was it not? im sure it was mentione don tv that in the last 18 derbies (in the league) they have won 15(it was around that number and im sure that drives home the point there often win agianst us 90% of the time)

blackpoolhibs
18-08-2014, 12:09 PM
I'd say he's changed the style of play completely, and he's brought in 3 players who look better than what we had before. Gray is definitely better because we never had a right back, El Algooly is 100% better than Collins, and the keeper looks decent whether he's better than williams we will have to wait and see.

The rest of his signings we cant really comment on because they have not really played yet?

I think Stubbs wants more players in, but money looks to be tight.

IWasThere2016
18-08-2014, 12:12 PM

Yep, we're very good at ignoring the blatant obvious and taking an ailisbarry approach when really, all we want is to win, then there would be no need for excuses.

Hopefully we can get some players in who will make the difference, but the current lot will not get us promoted.

There were those who actually scoffed at the thought we could get relegated last season a few weeks out from the season end, urging us keep the faith.

Well, now we apparently will definitely be challenging for the title, and to suggest otherwise is almost treason.

Spot on guys IMHO.

greenlex
18-08-2014, 02:43 PM
As usual after a derby defeat we are ****ing suicidal. FFS if you can't see that Stubbs has improved things no end in the short time he's been here you are either blind or at it.

Turkish Green
18-08-2014, 02:54 PM
What does Robertson actually do besides give away the ball and needless fouls? He runs about a lot with absolutely no other redeeming qualities. He's like a pish John Rankin.

Scott Robertson did yesterday what Prince Bauben did for the Yams. Run around a lot breaking up play by fouling and deconstructing attacking moves. Every team has this type of player; many better, some worse. Hibs have two when you add the contribution from Liam Craig.

Robertson could not find a player in a white jersey with a pass and Bauben could not find a player in a maroon shirt. The difference between them was the penalty and the sending off. It had been coming since the start of the 2nd half.

yankyhibby
18-08-2014, 02:59 PM
As usual after a derby defeat we are ****ing suicidal. FFS if you can't see that Stubbs has improved things no end in the short time he's been here you are either blind or at it.

I disagree with the suicidal comment, but agree that we have improved considerably in a short space of time. However, the results are all that matter at the end of the day. Rather than laying down a marker whereby they are chasing us, they have acquired the psychological edge by beating us and leading us by 3 points after only two games. On the positive side, A.S. has 2 weeks to find fresh players who will hopefully bring drive, determination and self belief.

Hamish
18-08-2014, 03:01 PM

Think all some of us are saying is that if Hearts are now favourites for the title, we will not be too far behind. Still maintain there was little between the teams and I am far from being a happy clapper type.

And yes we need more players.

Hamish
18-08-2014, 03:10 PM

:agree:

Most of us thought Williamson, Mixu, Yogi and Butcher were, in varying degrees, the men to lead us onwards and upwards. For various reasons they weren't.

I know I have left some of the other managers out.:greengrin

This time we appear to have someone who is taking the club by the scruff of the neck and shaking it until his ideas and professionalism get through to all employees.

My only worry is if it for some reason, goes pear shaped, a lot of supporters will be spending their weekends at B and Q etc. We would be left with 4000 or so diehards.

silverhibee
18-08-2014, 03:31 PM
Where was the honeymoon destination. :cb

PeterboroHibee
18-08-2014, 03:41 PM
Im disappointed we lost yet another derby, but its still far too early on in a new managers reign for some of the reaction on here.

I do however think that yesterdays game highlighted that if we want to have a real chance of competing at the top, we still need some quality brought in (and not kids on loan). We more or less competed with Hearts without really threatening them, which I think could be said of all 3 games this season where we are struggling to create and finish chances. Defensively I think we look fine, so if we could just sort out that balance and maybe bring in one or two more players, we could see the team comfortably winning games.

Eyrie
18-08-2014, 05:14 PM
I have no objection to bringing in a kid on loan if they are good enough (for example that kid from Wolves whose name escapes me for some reason .....)

Bad Martini
18-08-2014, 06:36 PM
**** it. Let's chuck the towel in now cause the huns best us with extra time and there was one ****ty goal separating us from the mutants, whilst our captain missed the penalty that would have changed the game.

Nae point in playing the rest of the games.

I am nae happy clapper. If it's ****, I'm happy to say so. I watched every home game last season and a few away games anaw. We were ****. Thats why we were relegated.

I must be stone radge as what I've seen so far doesn't make me reach for the Stanley blade...... Yes, we lost, we didn't need to and that goes for the huns match anaw. But we were far from the outclassed and lack of effort pish we had last year.

Doesn't mean it's good enough. But, it's not the same as last season....

Turkish Green
18-08-2014, 07:21 PM
I though we were the better side up until the penalty miss. Agree they looked the better side for most of the second half without bothering us too much. Nicholson, who looks a player, scored a great goal and we were all over the place for the next 10 minutes. Finished the better side. I agree we need players in, but like it or not, its going to take Stubbs some time to sort out the complete mess that was left by the previous incumbent.

Here's the thing. If the penalty had gone in then Hibs would likely have dominated the game and likely scored another. Craig missed and the rest is history. I am still of an opinion that Cummings is the greater potential as a goal scorer than Nicholson.

AS is new to the job only he can say why he didn't sub Robertson earlier. Lessons learned.

BoltonHibee
18-08-2014, 07:52 PM
Well in seven weeks he has got us believing in passing the ball. These are the same players who were shot to bits after going down. Zero confidence as well. Look at Nelson yesterday. Sow was in his pocket all game. That wouldn't have happened last year.

We lost to The Rangers with 10 men and completely dominated them. Surely you seen this no? These are early signs he's improved a squad that lacked confidence. His signings look fairly good and it's not his fault though that we can't get more in that's the board.

I never saw the Rangers game as I was away, but I saw very little difference if at all any in the way we played yesterday compared to last season or before.

We were honking yesterday, we have been honking for many years.

We need better players, it's as simple as that

Thecat23
18-08-2014, 08:07 PM
I never saw the Rangers game as I was away, but I saw very little difference if at all any in the way we played yesterday compared to last season or before.

We were honking yesterday, we have been honking for many years.

We need better players, it's as simple as that

Well there was a massive difference in the Rangers game and up until the pen a big difference in the way we played under Butcher. I personally think your being harsh myself but each to their own.

I do agree we need more new players though. But to not have seen a difference from last season I wonder what you were watching!

BoltonHibee
18-08-2014, 08:59 PM
Well there was a massive difference in the Rangers game and up until the pen a big difference in the way we played under Butcher. I personally think your being harsh myself but each to their own.

I do agree we need more new players though. But to not have seen a difference from last season I wonder what you were watching!

I was watching the game honest :) it smacks to me of when Fenlon took over the reigns and after a few games, people were fawning how wonderful the transition had been and Hibs were a joy to watch. It was bull**** then and it's not true now.

I am just being totally honest, and it goes without saying I hope Stubbs succeeds and if he is given the playing staff he will as I do believe he is an accomplished coach.

But we are nowhere at the moment in terms of what is required to get out of that division.

bobbyhibs1983
18-08-2014, 09:16 PM

Silverhibee You ve forgotten the msot inportant question

who got married?:devil:

and to answer your question the Honeymoon was 3 days at butlins!!

macd123
18-08-2014, 10:28 PM

We are barely at the heavy petting stage ffs. Second base at most.

Septimus
19-08-2014, 06:43 AM
My understanding is that the team which wins the so called Championship will gain automatic promotion. Let us assume that Rangers will do that. The teams which finish second, third and fourth go into play offs. If , say Hearts, are second it means that Hibs have to finish third or fourth to have a crack at promotion. Surely that is not beyond us. It may well mean that promotion will hinge on a home and away battle against Hearts which would certainly give us the chance to put all the 5-1 garbage to bed. Winning and leaving Hearts in the Championship would rank high above even the 7-0 day.

The plain fact is that we have to learn how to beat Hearts again. Watching the parts of the Rangers game which Hibs TV managed to broadcast here I saw Hibs playing a passing game which was really encouraging. Sunday was a different matter. Hearts modus operandi has always been to harry and obstruct and they have become quite good at it. The calm approach which was obvious in the Rangers game went out of the window as we were closed down quickly and effectively.

We need a few more (better) players to achieve promotion but all we get from the club is silence. If there is no more money then tell us. Continual speculation about transfer targets does nothing but demoralise the support.

Oh yes! It would be good if Mr. Petrie departed. He is well past his sell by date.

Brightside
19-08-2014, 07:34 AM
I've seen nothing to suggest that Rangers will win the league. Quite the opposite.

Keith_M
19-08-2014, 08:37 AM
Funnily enough, Mrs Keekaboo and I just came back from a trip to Passau for our Wedding Anniversary and the first thing I saw on here when we got back was this thread.

Prophetic or what!

:greengrin

Keith_M
19-08-2014, 08:38 AM
I've seen nothing to suggest that Rangers will win the league. Quite the opposite.

Not even their 8-1 win yesterday?

bigwheel
19-08-2014, 08:41 AM

they will be strong over the season. decent sized squad. I would say that any team who finishes above them will win the league.

Septimus
19-08-2014, 12:45 PM

Me neither but two things will kick in if they do not look like winning. First they will spend money and second they have the support of the authorities.

We will not do the first and we certainly don,t have the second.

ancient hibee
19-08-2014, 02:53 PM
Not even their 8-1 win yesterday?

Clyde had already lost to Cowdenbeath-not exactly world beaters.The only reason they are favoured for promotion is the usual fawning of the press over Ferguson.

Keith_M
19-08-2014, 04:44 PM
Clyde had already lost to Cowdenbeath-not exactly world beaters.The only reason they are favoured for promotion is the usual fawning of the press over Ferguson.

It was more the manner of the win I was referring to.

HFC 0-7
19-08-2014, 05:24 PM

Dont think anyone is saying we havent improved, the issue I have, and I think other have is that we didn't seem to be up for it quite as much as them when things went wrong. We went back to ld habits. Remember, hearts have had to rebuild a lot as well, but as usual we seem to be behind. Why are we never ready for the start of the season? We always leave transfers late. The points lost at the start of the season because we are not ready and font have the players in could well be the difference between promotion and another season in the championship.

the lack of subs at crucial times have annoyed and worried fans, the game was there to be won, they showed intent and made changes, we continued with what we had, a player walking a tightrope that everyone knew would fall off.

Lago
19-08-2014, 06:16 PM
In a lot of ways the game against Hearts was a 1 off. What will tell us how things will go in the rest of the season will be this coming Sat. Hearts are at Raith, Hibs have Falkirk at home these are games both expect to win and need to win if promotion is to happen. Dont think it will be as easy as some think.

Borderhibbie76
19-08-2014, 07:24 PM
Dont think anyone is saying we havent improved, the issue I have, and I think other have is that we didn't seem to be up for it quite as much as them when things went wrong. We went back to ld habits. Remember, hearts have had to rebuild a lot as well, but as usual we seem to be behind. Why are we never ready for the start of the season? We always leave transfers late. The points lost at the start of the season because we are not ready and font have the players in could well be the difference between promotion and another season in the championship.

the lack of subs at crucial times have annoyed and worried fans, the game was there to be won, they showed intent and made changes, we continued with what we had, a player walking a tightrope that everyone knew would fall off.
Im hurting as much as anyone after Sunday but u cant say we weren't up for it mate! ! We matched them toe to toe and only a wonder goal separated us. Had capt calamity not fluffed his penalty it would have been a very different story I feel. There were a few disappointment s about Sunday but we were deffo up for it imo!!

HFC 0-7
19-08-2014, 08:26 PM
Im hurting as much as anyone after Sunday but u cant say we weren't up for it mate! ! We matched them toe to toe and only a wonder goal separated us. Had capt calamity not fluffed his penalty it would have been a very different story I feel. There were a few disappointment s about Sunday but we were deffo up for it imo!!

If you read my post I said not up for it went things went wrong, ie, the penalty miss. At that point the mentality of last season crept back in. In regards to it being a wonder goal that separated us, I disagree. Their manager went for the win, they made changes to try and influence the game, we didn't. We imploded, the penalty miss and the sending off was all our doing.

Forza Fred
21-08-2014, 08:58 PM
Not only do I believe our squad is short of better players than last year, because we are short when inevitable injuries suspensions kick in we will be woefully exposed in some areas.

Leithenhibby
22-08-2014, 08:01 AM

That's irrelevant, it's over!....... :wink:

Keith_M
22-08-2014, 09:01 AM
So who got humped?

:dunno:

blackpoolhibs
22-08-2014, 10:34 AM

****et.

blackpoolhibs
22-08-2014, 10:35 AM
I take it S****horpe is not allowed too? :greengrin

Keith_M
22-08-2014, 11:29 AM
I take it S****horpe is not allowed too? :greengrin

And most definitely not THIS (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/****ing,_Austria) place

:wink:

Famous Fiver
23-08-2014, 08:04 AM
Honeymoon definitely over. It has not gone particularly well despite the odd highlight. Today is the start of the marriage. Time for cheap talk is over. Over to you Alan.........................

Forza Fred
23-08-2014, 08:12 AM
Honeymoon definitely over. It has not gone particularly well despite the odd highlight. Today is the start of the marriage. Time for cheap talk is over. Over to you Alan.........................

Yep, it's the equivalent of returning from 2 weeks in the Bellagio in Vegas and getting the 34 bus to the building site.

How the results go now forms the reality....

Keith_M
23-08-2014, 03:47 PM
So who got humped?

:dunno:

That's my question answered, it was Hibs, again!

Keith_M
23-08-2014, 03:50 PM
There's no way this team are good enough to even achieve that.

We were looking for change from last season and at least we have it.

Instead of being beaten by Premier League teams, we're now being beaten by Championship teams. It's change I suppose

sh00byd00
23-08-2014, 03:59 PM
Something that's miffed me a little over recent weeks is people stating Hearts are gash and Rangers are gash. Gash compared to who? English top division teams, French top division teams etc? Because they're certainly not gash compared to us. We're the ****ing pits!

Nutmegged
23-08-2014, 04:02 PM
Something that's miffed me a little over recent weeks is people stating Hearts are gash and Rangers are gash. Gash compared to who? English top division teams, French top division teams etc? Because they're certainly not gash compared to us. We're the ****ing pits!

Is a comfort blanket to some fans, say Hearts are crap to make ourselves feel better about our situation, no more no less

Keith_M
23-08-2014, 04:03 PM

They can score goals, the big difference between us and them.

People have criticised Hearts signings and tried to write them off but they've already beaten both us & Rangers and now sit top of the table on maximum points.

Maybe we should have ignored the alleged 'quality over quantity' and just signed the 'rejects' that some people claim Hearts have signed.

oregonhibby
23-08-2014, 04:04 PM
We will be 3rd or 4th. In my view so far.

Stranraer
23-08-2014, 04:04 PM
How bad were we today? I couldn't make it but by the sounds of things we may finish mid-table :(

Pretty Boy
23-08-2014, 04:07 PM
How bad were we today? I couldn't make it but by the sounds of things we may finish mid-table :(

Truthfully we didn't play all that badly but too many of last seasons issues were evident.

A defenaive lapse costing us a goal, 2 or 3 players looking like they were hiding, lackimg a cutting edge at times and missing the chances that did come our way.

Keith_M
23-08-2014, 04:08 PM
We will be 3rd or 4th. In my view so far.

But based on what? We might have dumped the Long Ball game but the results stay the same, and against poorer opposition.

Seriously, what has genuinely changed? We're still losing and couldnae score in a brothel

oregonhibby
23-08-2014, 04:11 PM
I think I meant we will not go up!

Thecat23
23-08-2014, 04:13 PM
I've got £50 on Hearts to win the league. My other bet has The Rangers. Hibs will be lucky to make top four with that team that played today. Need at least three players.

Thecat23
23-08-2014, 04:15 PM

First half played well with nothing up front. Second half played the Pat Fenlon style side and backward passes. Craig was awful and Harris his again and offered no support when the back four bad the ball.

Scouse Hibee
23-08-2014, 04:15 PM
In this league for a few seasons yet

BigKev
23-08-2014, 04:16 PM
On another day we could have had 3 or 4. Just wasn't to be today. We'll play worse and win but hey, lets just keep the bed wetting going.

Stringer
More positives than negatives from Stubbs' team. The players we have brought in seem good, the style is evolving. Let's be patient.

SteveHFC
I've got £50 on Hearts to win the league. My other bet has The Rangers. Hibs will be lucky to make top four with that team that played today. Need at least three players.

I can't see us making the play-offs.

Keith_M
I'm signing off for today in case I write something that offends anyone, as I'm now in a VERY bad mood.

Good Night All

:bye:

Lee Marvin

Instead of being beaten by Premier League teams, we're now being beaten by Championship teams. It's change I suppose

Hahaha

Absolute drivel. I can only assume u weren't there today.

truehibernian
23-08-2014, 04:19 PM

Hearts will win this league comfortably TC - they do what they always do, get the business done early. A 'Levein blueprint' is get a big target guy, midfield with energy and work ethic, set up solid at the back - and get in experience.

Got to take your hat off to them, they are getting just reward for that early investment. Hibs never ever do things at a pace - hence we are languishing where we are and will continue to do so.

McFadden has been free for weeks - why on earth have we not pushed the boat out for him ? Dean Shiels not playing regularly for The Rangers.......that is the sort of experience we should be getting in.......not Nelson, Craig, etc.

Pretty Boy
23-08-2014, 04:20 PM
Hahaha

Absolute drivel. I can only assume u weren't there today.

What's drivel about it?

We have played 4 games this season and lost 3. Missed chances and possession count for nothing.

Thecat23
23-08-2014, 04:22 PM
Hearts will win this league comfortably TC - they do what they always do, get the business done early. A 'Levein blueprint' is get a big target guy, midfield with energy and work ethic, set up solid at the back - and get in experience.

Got to take your hat off to them, they are getting just reward for that early investment. Hibs never ever do things at a pace - hence we are languishing where we are and will continue to do so.

McFadden has been free for weeks - why on earth have we not pushed the boat out for him ? Dean Shiels not playing regularly for The Rangers.......that is the sort of experience we should be getting in.......not Nelson, Craig, etc.

Can't argue with any of that. Hearts really have hit the ground running and the proof is in the pudding. Our board are a shambles and to be brutally honest I am losing interest fast. Leeann wants input..... listen Leeann we can all chat and give you input until the cows come home, but unless you and the disinterested owner get your ****ing finger out and sign some players who can actually play then you and the rest have failed the Hibs fans AGAIN!!!

johnbc70
23-08-2014, 04:25 PM
I will be 120 if we keep up this 'on another day we could have' nonsense.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
23-08-2014, 04:25 PM
We are still mince and will finish mid-table IMO. Hearts are a class above us I'm afraid. And no, I am not a yam.

blackpoolhibs
23-08-2014, 04:32 PM
I think we could very well make the play offs, but which one?:rolleyes:

andy1875
23-08-2014, 04:35 PM
Can't argue with any of that. Hearts really have hit the ground running and the proof is in the pudding. Our board are a shambles and to be brutally honest I am losing interest fast. Leeann wants input..... listen Leeann we can all chat and give you input until the cows come home, but unless you and the disinterested owner get your ****ing finger out and sign some players who can actually play then you and the rest have failed the Hibs fans AGAIN!!!

100% this.

jane_says
23-08-2014, 04:40 PM
On another day we could have had 3 or 4. Just wasn't to be today. We'll play worse and win but hey, lets just keep the bed wetting going.

:top marks

Heffernan header (shocking miss), Alagui hitting the side netting and Allan having a shot from the cut back cleared, all before 30 minutes.

Hibs7
23-08-2014, 04:42 PM

Heffernan header (shocking miss), Alagui hitting the side netting and Allan having a shot from the cut back cleared, all before 30 minutes.

Yeah and if that had been the Jambos they would have scored 3,

Davy Mac
23-08-2014, 04:50 PM
I said a couple weeks ago we are still without a leader on the park and will finish mid table at best.

Can't be bothered clapping the players at the end any more, nobody seems to give a toss within the club whether we win or lose, losing playing mentality and losers at board level.

No passion, no guts and no togetherness, I think Stubbs is a proper fitba man and has a good eye for a player but there was no plan for that final third, what do they work on all week?

Really agonising stuff and it feels like shxte.

Sir David Gray
23-08-2014, 04:53 PM
I still think we'll make the play offs but it's by no means a certainty.

Hearts and Sevco will finish 1st and 2nd. I personally still think Sevco will win the league as they have a bit more depth to their squad, although it wouldn't surprise me if Hearts did finish top.

Then you have the others like Queen of the South and Falkirk, who both made the play offs last season, and it's entirely possible that they could both finish ahead of us and that would therefore put us 5th and out of the play offs.

I'm certainly not reaching out for the razor blade just yet and there's still another week for us to do transfer business before January but it's not looking too promising at the moment.

I was quite hopeful after our good performance at Ibrox but it would seem that today was back to a similar story to last season, which is a bit of a concern.

Brightside
23-08-2014, 05:01 PM
Heffernan should be nowhere near that team. Lazy and poor. And we have a goalie who doesn't like catching balls. More changes required.

blackpoolhibs
23-08-2014, 05:21 PM
Heffernan should be nowhere near that team. Lazy and poor. And we have a goalie who doesn't like catching balls. More changes required.

When you told anyone who'd listen how poor sevco and the gimps were, and that we were superior in every position and would win the league, i thought you needed help.

It appears you've had some.

Turkish Green
23-08-2014, 06:50 PM
Lest we forget, we only beat Livingston thanks to a fluke. As has been the case since last season, Hibs have a problem converting chances to goals.

Famous Fiver
23-08-2014, 08:43 PM
Honeymoon definitely over.

Looks like another relegation dog fight again this season. In the last year we have played Raith, Hamilton, Livi and Falkirk at home, all first division teams, and have lost to three of them. Played our two theoretical biggest rivals away from home and have lost to both of them. If that is not relegation form I don't know what is.

Ronniekirk
23-08-2014, 09:02 PM
That was the same as Livi first half we should have scored more and we should of scored more at Ibrox. We have now played four games and won one thanks to a freak goal by goalkeeper .Maybe we will come good in the next four games and win them all but there is a pattern emerging that is all too familiar we don't look like keeping a clean sheet and we don't look like scoring the two goals per game we need to win In the second half when pressure was on us to break them down certain players were not able to do that . I know it's early in the season but but I think there is some justification in being concerned if we aren't getting more quality players in . For me we had to show we could bounce back and we didn't

greenlex
23-08-2014, 09:09 PM
Honeymoon definitely over.

Looks like another relegation dog fight again this season. In the last year we have played Raith, Hamilton, Livi and Falkirk at home, all first division teams, and have lost to three of them. Played our two theoretical biggest rivals away from home and have lost to both of them. If that is not relegation form I don't know what is.
Over reaction of the day I reckon.

Ronniekirk
23-08-2014, 09:55 PM
Over reaction of the day I reckon.
Maybe so , but it's factually correct and doesn't make pleasant reading Thankfully we have Dumbarton Alloa and Cowdenbeath next so three comfortable wins

One Day Soon
23-08-2014, 10:05 PM
Maybe so , but it's factually correct and doesn't make pleasant reading Thankfully we have Dumbarton Alloa and Cowdenbeath next so three comfortable wins

You have got to be joking. I'll give you Cowdenbeath - maybe. Remember that to each of these teams we are one of the big boys to be taken down a peg. And to us (our players especially) each one of them is a terrifying banana skin where our fans will turn against us in a heartbeat if it is going badly.

We are as fragile as a snowflake. These games will be grim.

BH Hibs
23-08-2014, 10:58 PM

What a load of ****ing *****.

yankyhibby
23-08-2014, 11:06 PM

The bit in bold is oh so accurate and appears so simple.

connerg
23-08-2014, 11:17 PM
Played four and lost three including the Petropish Cup. Third bottom of Division One. How far can we fall before it becomes irreversible?

NAE NOOKIE
23-08-2014, 11:52 PM
I cant even be bothered to moan about it any more.

Who would have thought the league would look out of sight after 3 games ...... we can make the play offs, but we must start winning.

blackpoolhibs
24-08-2014, 12:17 AM
What a load of ****ing *****.

Aye because all we need is a little patience? wake up for f sake, the club is in turmoil.:rolleyes:

Russ
24-08-2014, 07:38 AM

Here we go again , another knee jerk reaction . Were you at the game ? but for some inexcusable misses from Heff and El we would have won that game comfortably. And given we were playing with 10 men at times when Harris and Craig decided to do their hiding acts it's not as bad as it seems . If Stubbs identifies those 2 problem positions , and possibly Foster who is looking shaky at best, we will comfortably finish in the play off position .

Sit back and relax , better still get off your arse and support your team.

BoomtownHibees
24-08-2014, 07:45 AM
Here we go again , another knee jerk reaction . Were you at the game ? but for some inexcusable misses from Heff and El we would have won that game comfortably. And given we were playing with 10 men at times when Harris and Craig decided to do their hiding acts it's not as bad as it seems . If Stubbs identifies those 2 problem positions , and possibly Foster who is looking shaky at best, we will comfortably finish in the play off position .

The point is that we are missing these chances. That's down to a lack of quality. If that's not resolved with a few new faces being brought in this week then we will continue to struggle

Gustavo Fring
24-08-2014, 08:07 AM

its not as bad until you consider the following

Played four and lost three including the Petropish Cup. Third bottom of Division One. How far can we fall before it becomes irreversible?

oh wait its probably worse than it seems

Russ
24-08-2014, 08:20 AM
Aye because all we need is a little patience? wake up for f sake, the club is in turmoil.:rolleyes:

The only way the club will get out of turmoil as you call it is to BACK the club You and your ilk chose to withhold season ticket money effectively crippling the club , considering we were already in turmoil. Look across the city and see what can be achieved by backing the club instead of spitting the dummy out the pram .

Pretty Boy
24-08-2014, 08:25 AM

Heard all the same excuses after the Ranger and Hearts games and now yesterday as well.

'If we only took our chances'
'Should have won the game comfortably'
'Some of the build up play was nice'

The cold hard facts is after 4 games we have lost 3, that's not good enough regardless of how many chances we have created.

Oh and I've been off my arse and at every game so far. Comfortably finish in the play off position? Well whoop de doo! We should be challenging for the league but we won't be because whilst Hearts got themselves organised we are relying on a lot of the players that saw us relegated last seasin.

BroxburnHibee
24-08-2014, 08:27 AM
The only way the club will get out of turmoil as you call it is to BACK the club You and your ilk chose to withhold season ticket money effectively crippling the club , considering we were already in turmoil. Look across the city and see what can be achieved by backing the club instead of spitting the dummy out the pram .

Aye it's the fans fault again - what a load of p**h.

We've won 1 game in 4 and that was only because of a fluke.

That's not bad luck that's a pattern.

Pretty Boy
24-08-2014, 08:30 AM

Do you work for Hibs marketing team?

That's the kind of emotional blackmail pish that usually appears on the ST leaflets.

'Give us your money, ask no questions or it's your fault we are rubbish.'

PeeJay
24-08-2014, 08:31 AM

People like yourself really have to get away from the notion that Hibs fans are the real reason the club is in free fall. Quite simply it is not (nor ever was) the fault of the fans. Backing the club is what the fans do, but just backing it by saying "we're great, we're progressing, we're better than "THEM", we're NO.1" doesn't actually make it so: check out the league we are in and where we are in that league and who has beaten us this season already. Thought the HIbs fans had a great game against the Hearts, but the team was simply toothless: blaming the fans for anything that happens down ER way would be quite funny if only it wasn't so sad

I'm a fan who backs the club from Berlin with a whack of money for a service that offers video streams upfront and then gives you audio only after its taken your money. Season ticket holders at ER thought the team would be in the SPFL, but look again where we are! People like you probably really do think it's our fault ... well your're wrong.

Lucius Apuleius
24-08-2014, 08:35 AM
I still think we will make the promotion play offs. We have to start converting the chances we are creating though. Said before I was not overly I pressed with Alagui's footwork and apart ftom the Livi goal still feel that way. Need someone to play off his ball winning.

Russ
24-08-2014, 08:46 AM
Do you work for Hibs marketing team?

That's the kind of emotional blackmail pish that usually appears on the ST leaflets.

'Give us your money, ask no questions or it's your fault we are rubbish.'
Where did I say give us your money ask no questions ? We are a broken club, we had hardly any players when Stubbs came in and you can bet he was FORCED to keep the likes of Craig for the lack of money.

I'm not happy at the position we are in but the cry babies who sit and home shouting at someone else to plough money into the club why they sit on their arse waiting on it happening piss me off

Tell me the last time we ever challenged Rangers in the league? And i mean for a full season not up to January or February.

flash
24-08-2014, 08:48 AM
It's quite simple really. If we don't bring in players of a sufficient quality to improve the team the best we can hope for is to be in a battle for 3rd and 4th place.

Should we fail to do so any reservoir of good will towards the club will quite rightly dry up if it hasn't already.

I absolve the manager from this as he is working with handcuffs on due to the shameful lack of investment in the playing staff.

If players don't arrive then I expect Leanne Dempster to fall on her sword as she will have little or no credibility left.

The balls in your court Hibs and the next 7 days will shape our future for years to come.

Pretty Boy
24-08-2014, 08:51 AM
Where did I say give us your money ask no questions ? We are a broken club, we had hardly any players when Stubbs came in and you can bet he was FORCED to keep the likes of Craig for the lack of money.

I'm not happy at the position we are in but the cry babies who sit and home shouting at someone else to plough money into the club why they sit on their arse waiting on it happening piss me off

Tell me the last time we ever challenged Rangers in the league? And i mean for a full season not up to January or February.

I have no idea when we last challenged Rangers and it's irrelevant.

They are there to be challenged this year when they haven't been in the last 25+ years. You can be damm sure Hearts will give them a run for their money yet we can't. Doesn't add up to me.

Pretty Boy
24-08-2014, 08:52 AM
It's quite simple really. If we don't bring in players of a sufficient quality to improve the team the best we can hope for is to be in a battle for 3rd and 4th place.

Should we fail to do so any reservoir of good will towards the club will quite rightly dry up if it hasn't already.

I absolve the manager from this as he is working with handcuffs on due to the shameful lack of investment in the playing staff.

If players don't arrive then I expect Leanne Dempster to fall on her sword as she will have little or no credibility left.

The balls in your court Hibs and the next 7 days will shape our future for years to come.

Forza Fred
24-08-2014, 09:10 AM

Can the board then be absolutely honest wither fans, instead of issuing broad statements, and tell us

1 The exact current financial position?

2 where exactly the season ticket money has gone, or how much is left?

Russ
24-08-2014, 09:11 AM
I have no idea when we last challenged Rangers and it's irrelevant.

They are there to be challenged this year when they haven't been in the last 25+ years. You can be damm sure Hearts will give them a run for their money yet we can't. Doesn't add up to me.
You have no idea because you don't want to, we haven't challenged Rangers since the early 70's, and that was when we had far bigger attendances and a bigger stadium. We could compete to some degree, in today's game we have NO chance of competing. Btw if Hearts are anywhere near Rangers come the Jan transfer window they won't be come May, get your mortgage on it pretty boy.

Pretty Boy
24-08-2014, 09:20 AM
You have no idea because you don't want to, we haven't challenged Rangers since the early 70's, and that was when we had far bigger attendances and a bigger stadium. We could compete to some degree, in today's game we have NO chance of competing. Btw if Hearts are anywhere near Rangers come the Jan transfer window they won't be come May, get your mortgage on it pretty boy.

I'll happily wager with you right now 1 ST for Leith Links next season that Hearts will finish within 6 points of Rangers.

Russ
24-08-2014, 09:28 AM
I'll happily wager with you right now 1 ST for Leith Links next season that Hearts will finish within 6 points of Rangers.

Come the end of the season you'll be glad I never took your bet, in fact well before the end of the season. Over and out

malagahibby
24-08-2014, 09:43 AM
So hibs won't make the top 4?
levien ,all of a sudden is superb as they have done all there business early?
Some of the best deals are done on deadline day.
if you stand back for one minute and analise both games last week and this week,nothing between the teams last week and we should have won the game yesterday.
its how you finish the season that counts and with 33 games still to go I for one think that we are assembling a team -and there will be new faces before the window closes-of getting us out of this division.
There is probably not another set of supporters that slag and abuse their own players like the Hibs fans.
i know people are frustrated but it doesn't help.

blackpoolhibs
24-08-2014, 09:55 AM

Aye its me and my ilk's fault. :faf::faf:

How many more Hamilton fans would need to desert them, before we would be able to beat them in a play off place?

BH Hibs
24-08-2014, 02:19 PM

So with three games gone we can't finish at least fourth? I'm as pissed off as anyone else with paying full price for a season ticket whilst we don't seem to be interested in signing anyone but to say we can't make the play-off is a bit premature. Also I am not blaming any supporters for failing on and off the park.

Stevie Reid
24-08-2014, 02:29 PM
Yeah, writing off our chances of finishing in the top four of this league after three games seems reasonable and rational.

Bobby's Cinema
24-08-2014, 02:33 PM
Aye its me and my ilk's fault. :faf::faf:

How many more Hamilton fans would need to desert them, before we would be able to beat them in a play off place?
some people still want to blame the fans :rotflmao:

This is absolute rock bottom. It's already been said on this thread the lack of investment when we were promised that all ST money would be spent on the playing staff is a ****ing disgrace. And as It's been suggested, It seems clear enough that we are settling for another year down here and beyond, so why spend the money to compete for the title.

Fans being treated with contempt once again. Give us our team back FFS

Hermit Crab
24-08-2014, 02:43 PM
Yesterday we didn't play poor but we were not great. Again same as the hearts game we seemed to run out of ideas after about 70 minutes. Still a striker, midfielder and defender short of a team but I doubt if we will see them arrive in the next week. We have no leaders on the park. Liam Craig, after mouthing off in the evening news a few weeks ago about how the confidence was back in the team he was feeling good about this season etc etc. All bull****. He's no kicked a ball forward this season. He was terrible yesterday. As a captain he's supposed to take responsibility and will the team forward but he hid in our own half most of the time then seemed to morph into Barry ferguson and pass the ball backwards or sideways. Never a captain IMO. Scott Allan looks a class act and captain material for me. Heffernan was very poor and seemed to hide as well.

Harris needs benched or coached on his own in training about how to beat a man and lift his head and get a cross in which clears the first defender. No confidence and just not very good the now. I agree with the op that we will find it difficult to reach a playoff place come the end of the season on current form which doesn't look like changing with the current set of players. Then again back in 99 we had a bad start to the season then went on that great run. Admittedly the opposition was not as good and we signed some very good players which the current board show no intention of doing.

Still, roll on Tuesday night the team get a chance to redeem themselves and progress to the next round of the league cup.

Ricky Bobby
24-08-2014, 03:06 PM
I don't think we are that far away, both Livi and Falkirk should have been put away in the first halves of the game and the derby could have went either way. There are plenty of chances being created from open play we just need to put them away. Farid was one on one three times yesterday and Heff missed a couple of good chances. At any level you need to make the most of decent opportunities. Some of the play yesterday was very good to watch but we need results, if that means winning ugly then so be it.

Stevie Reid
24-08-2014, 03:24 PM
Under Hughes and Fenlon things turned when we stopped getting in behind teams - under Calderwood and Butcher, we never really did at all.

Yesterday we got to the bye line loads of times, both through incisive passing and clever, direct wing play.

I'd be worried if we weren't creating chances, but in the Rangers, Livi and Falkirk games we created loads. The finishing must improve, certainly.

Franck Stanton
24-08-2014, 03:26 PM
Is/would there be any use in us finishing 4th? With the team/squad we currently have [I appreciate the t/window is still open, but don't really hold out any hope we will bring in the 4 quality players we need], we will struggle to do so. Ok , say we do finish 4th - does anyone really think we would beat the team in 3rd pace over two game ? Okay [again], suppose we get lucky and do win that battle, we would then have to repeat that feat against the team that finishes in 2nd place, -presumably huns/diet huns. Given our record against these two , well, looks like we will stay in this league for at least another year Sad,sad days.
Is t the fans fault ? Hell no, the blame for this sad demise is down to our board of directors not having any ambition and settling for mid-table/lower league placings for years and quite a few terrible managerial appointments.
Solution ?- Get 4 quality players in by the time t/window closes - [ McFadden, for one, Bamba is another, - he is currently available on a free, re-sign Leigh,-I know a BIG ask but ask yourself this - Can we afford not to ? and a quality left back]

brog
24-08-2014, 03:27 PM
Someone, based in Munich & unable to see the game posts, before game is over that we're gash & won't make the play offs & the usual suspects are queuing up to agree with him & put our club down. Many posters have pointed out we've lost 3 out of 4 games, yep, all to our strongest opponents, all by the odd goal & we could/should have got something out of every game. Like everyone, I'm disappointed & I would like more players in. Evolution takes time however & AS must surely get our full support for longer than 3 weeks while he tries to put his stamp on our team.
PS, anyone remember Stranraer at home our first game & where we finished that season?

southsider
24-08-2014, 05:14 PM
Someone, based in Munich & unable to see the game posts, before game is over that we're gash & won't make the play offs & the usual suspects are queuing up to agree with him & put our club down. Many posters have pointed out we've lost 3 out of 4 games, yep, all to our strongest opponents, all by the odd goal & we could/should have got something out of every game. Like everyone, I'm disappointed & I would like more players in. Evolution takes time however & AS must surely get our full support for longer than 3 weeks while he tries to put his stamp on our team.
PS, anyone remember Stranraer at home our first game & where we finished that season?
Aye but look at the players we had in THAT team. How many of the current side would get into McLeish's team ?

southsider
24-08-2014, 05:19 PM
Is/would there be any use in us finishing 4th? With the team/squad we currently have [I appreciate the t/window is still open, but don't really hold out any hope we will bring in the 4 quality players we need], we will struggle to do so. Ok , say we do finish 4th - does anyone really think we would beat the team in 3rd pace over two game ? Okay [again], suppose we get lucky and do win that battle, we would then have to repeat that feat against the team that finishes in 2nd place, -presumably huns/diet huns. Given our record against these two , well, looks like we will stay in this league for at least another year Sad,sad days.
Is t the fans fault ? Hell no, the blame for this sad demise is down to our board of directors not having any ambition and settling for mid-table/lower league placings for years and quite a few terrible managerial appointments.
Solution ?- Get 4 quality players in by the time t/window closes - [ McFadden, for one, Bamba is another, - he is currently available on a free, re-sign Leigh,-I know a BIG ask but ask yourself this - Can we afford not to ? and a quality left back]
OMG i wish. But the truth is we are not signing any new players. We are totally skint because unlike The gers, hear7s, Dundee Utd and Aberdeen we are paying our debts in full. So who are the mugs ?

truehibernian
24-08-2014, 05:30 PM

Yes brog, and I never heard the end of it from Jason, a big Yam :rolleyes:

Difference was we had some real experience in that side, some flair in wee Russell and also the leadership of a Champions League winner.

The squads are light years apart in terms of quality (and dare I say wages).

I do agree though, there will always always be ups and downs in football and some right strange results - look at Man Utd and their pre-season, beating Real Madrid and Liverpool, then getting beaten at home by Swansea in the season curtain raiser.

Stevie Reid
24-08-2014, 05:59 PM
Yes brog, and I never heard the end of it from Jason, a big Yam :rolleyes:

Difference was we had some real experience in that side, some flair in wee Russell and also the leadership of a Champions League winner.

The squads are light years apart in terms of quality (and dare I say wages).

I do agree though, there will always always be ups and downs in football and some right strange results - look at Man Utd and their pre-season, beating Real Madrid and Liverpool, then getting beaten at home by Swansea in the season curtain raiser.

To be fair, Russell was signed in October, and Franck when the league was practically won.

McLeish misjudged the league at first but thankfully had the luxury of signing players right throughout the season to fix it. Stubbs only has days to add more quality.