PDA

View Full Version : At what point do we look at the playing side?

BoltonHibee
17-08-2014, 01:13 PM
We have the stadium, we have the training centre, we have a new manager, we have a bloated back room staff in place.

When in ****s name do we concentrate on the playing side?

Thecat23
17-08-2014, 01:14 PM
Must invest now or face years down.

Steve20
17-08-2014, 01:15 PM
Well, considering we've known all summer that we lack creativity in the final third and done nothing about it, I'd guess never. The people who run Hibs accept pish and expect the rest of us to accept it.

BoltonHibee
17-08-2014, 01:16 PM
I fear you are right

Borderhibbie76
17-08-2014, 01:23 PM
Same ol sh###...so depressing

Greenblood70
17-08-2014, 01:31 PM
That was us concentrating on the playing side, close season. Wind of change my arse, club still chock full of the same losers who relegated us last season.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

blackpoolhibs
17-08-2014, 01:33 PM
Just have a little patience Moray, jesus christ you want everything straight away. :rolleyes:

bingo70
17-08-2014, 01:35 PM
Must invest now or face years down.

Must invest 3 months ago.

So ****ing what if we lose money one year, needs must.

Danderhall Hibs
17-08-2014, 01:35 PM
Well, considering we've known all summer that we lack creativity in the final third and done nothing about it, I'd guess never. The people who run Hibs accept pish and expect the rest of us to accept it.

For once I agree. We've got what 3 new players from last season and one of them is a goalie we got a lend off.

The only one butcher wanted to stay was Robertson...

Pretty Boy
17-08-2014, 01:36 PM
Jeezo calm down a bit.

We where hardly played off the park. We lost out to a great strile brought abouy by a midfielder who spends more time on his erse than anything yet again showing his inability to tackle and diving in and getting the piss taken out of him. 2nd goal we pushed up the park, got caught and same player agaim showed he can't tackle. The manager should hace made the change and that decision cost us.

It was a few isolated incidents that cost us today rather than the usual procession. We still need players, everyone can see that. But what do we do? Follow the age old policy of panic buying that has beem so succesful in recent years? Or actually get the right players? Every player we have signed in the summer looks decent. Gray looks good, El Alagui is scoring, Allan made more passes in 3 minutes than Robertson in 83 and the keeper looked more assured today.

sleeping giant
17-08-2014, 01:38 PM
Winds of change my erse

blackpoolhibs
17-08-2014, 01:41 PM
Jeezo calm down a bit.

We where hardly played off the park. We lost out to a great strile brought abouy by a midfielder who spends more time on his erse than anything yet again showing his inability to tackle and diving in and getting the piss taken out of him. 2nd goal we pushed up the park, got caught and same player agaim showed he can't tackle. The manager should hace made the change and that decision cost us.

It was a few isolated incidents that cost us today rather than the usual procession. We still need players, everyone can see that. But what do we do? Follow the age old policy of panic buying that has beem so succesful in recent years? Or actually get the right players? Every player we have signed in the summer looks decent. Gray looks good, El Alagui is scoring, Allan made more passes in 3 minutes than Robertson in 83 and the keeper looked more assured today.

I agree with most of what you are saying, but it is hard to take ANOTHER defeat from that lot. Cant blame folk for saying its same sheite different day.

Danderhall Hibs
17-08-2014, 01:47 PM
Jeezo calm down a bit.

Panic buying is scrapping around on the 31st getting whatever players we can in on loan or on trial. We're on that path still.

Pretty Boy
17-08-2014, 01:48 PM
I agree with most of what you are saying, but it is hard to take ANOTHER defeat from that lot. Cant blame folk for saying its same sheite different day.

It is pish. I'm as annoyed as anyone but there's some on here who have been waiting for this defeat for weeks so they can wallow in their own misery.

Ronniekirk
17-08-2014, 01:59 PM
Jeezo calm down a bit.

Some good points and Stubbs will learn from this He was settling for draw and they had made their three substitutions and he must of known Robertson had been giving away lots of silly free kicks in dangerous positions and was already booked and having no great impact so we not put Allan on earlier .
Also it's clear Stanton is wasted out wide he is capable of scoring the type of goal Nicholson scored but push him wide and he isn't the same player .We played better with 10 men .The annoying thing is the game was their for the taking .The penalty miss by Craig was a shocker you can see he looked terrified against a Rookie keeper that's a bad sign and hangover from last season Handling would of been better taking it as he made it .But they didn't dominate us and if we had made those substitutions earlier who knows .But when we play them at home next we really need to be turning them over, as commentators love rubbing it in that we are so poor in this fixture .

GreenLake
17-08-2014, 02:05 PM
I liked our change in playing style, effort and defending except for Robertson's nightmare game. We need a center half, a real number 10 and Leigh Griffiths. Less bad luck would help too.

scuttle
17-08-2014, 02:11 PM
Just have a little patience Moray, jesus christ you want everything straight away. :rolleyes:

To be fair most of us have been patient for the last seven years

blackpoolhibs
17-08-2014, 02:12 PM
It is pish. I'm as annoyed as anyone but there's some on here who have been waiting for this defeat for weeks so they can wallow in their own misery.

I disagree, i don't think any Hibs fan wants to wallow in misery after another defeat from them. Personally i'd rather be out on the town tonight getting totally spannered celebrating a win.

I watched it with 3 other Hibs fans in one of my mates house, as soon as the 2nd goal went in everyone was completely gutted, so much so i left with my mate and drove home. None of them want to wallow in misery, i certainly dont.

What we have is 4 very unhappy fans, along with many more. I dont know anyone who supports Hibs who is EVER happy when we lose.

Forza Fred
17-08-2014, 02:15 PM
Winds of change my erse

As far as the playing staff go, it's more a breath of change, than a wind of change.

Many on here appear to have short memories and at the end of last season were screaming that there needed to be wholesale changes in the playing squad.

We could never change the complete squad, but I do think more changes than have been made, needed/still need to be changed.

We can stay silent or speak our opinions.

My opinion with the current small squad remains the same...we will be scrapping for a play off place at the end of the season, but we are no certainties to finish in the top four.

We SHOULD do, granted, but then we shouldn't have got relegated last season if things turned out how many thought the should have.