patch1875
17-08-2014, 01:12 PM
Referee is not our problem.

FastEddieFelson
17-08-2014, 01:14 PM
not the ref's fault Robertson was a) left on, and b) is a total liability

maximushibee
17-08-2014, 01:16 PM
Not blaming the ref, left with no option. Robertson should have been subbed at half time persistent fouling no excuses

Gus
17-08-2014, 01:17 PM
Think he has had not a bad game at all

17-08-2014, 01:18 PM
Referee is not our problem.

Agreed. Another bottle crashed at that dump.

cad
17-08-2014, 01:25 PM
Dont think Willie is our problem a guy who should have been of 30 mins before he was sent of, and our captain whos more interested in how his ****in socks look is where our problems lie ,and another thing Stubbsy we know Hibs problems wont be sorted in 5 mins but you got to help yourself no

Thecat23
17-08-2014, 01:30 PM
Really?? Ref had a good game and our pen shouldn't have been given. Scott Robertson was the issue for me not the ref.

Dublin07
17-08-2014, 01:45 PM
Really?? Ref had a good game and our pen shouldn't have been given. Scott Robertson was the issue for me not the ref.

How can you say the ref had a good game when he gave 2 penalties that were soft at best. He sent off Robertson for the only time he never fouled all day. He sent sow off for doing the exact same challenge he made in the first half which split nelsons eye but never even booked him the first time.

Pray4Marc
17-08-2014, 01:47 PM
Only thing I question about the ref is possible red card for their goalkeeper at the penalty. Apart from that he had a good game IMO.

GoldenMeerkat
17-08-2014, 01:48 PM
Gollum wasn't the reason we lost yet another derby. It was the naivety of Stubbs, and the liability of Robertson.

Gutted.

Thecat23
17-08-2014, 01:53 PM
How can you say the ref had a good game when he gave 2 penalties that were soft at best. He sent off Robertson for the only time he never fouled all day. He sent sow off for doing the exact same challenge he made in the first half which split nelsons eye but never even booked him the first time.

That was a stone wall pen the Robbo have away! It was a red card after the amount of fouling he actually got away with. Some folk love to just look to blame the ref.

LaMotta
17-08-2014, 01:59 PM
Collum should have booked Prince long before he did. Apart from that he had a decent game.

sesoim
17-08-2014, 02:00 PM
I assumed this thread was referring to Robertson as being Gollum -there is a bit of a resemblance.

I doubt Gollum would be as useless though.

Dublin07
17-08-2014, 02:07 PM
That was a stone wall pen the Robbo have away! It was a red card after the amount of fouling he actually got away with. Some folk love to just look to blame the ref.

I am not blaming the ref. we deserved to lose but IMO it was not a penalty. Robertson was awful and should have been replaced before he was sent off. Also the ref did not have a good game his bookings were inconsistent there were hearts players that made 5 or 6 fouls before they were booked and he booked gray for his first.

Stax
17-08-2014, 02:11 PM
I thought he gave us more than we usually get at the PBS..

Dublin07
17-08-2014, 02:12 PM

I am not blaming the ref. we deserved to lose but IMO it was not a penalty. Robertson was awful and should have been replaced before he was sent off. Also the ref did not have a good game his bookings were inconsistent there were hearts players that made 5 or 6 fouls before they were booked and he booked gray for his first.

Fergus52
17-08-2014, 02:21 PM
Did he send Liam Craig off in the tunnel?

Ronniekirk
17-08-2014, 02:29 PM
I assumed this thread was referring to Robertson as being Gollum -there is a bit of a resemblance.

I doubt Gollum would be as useless though.
Yep spot on .Precious he ain't and if we can unload him we should .

SouthMoroccoStu
17-08-2014, 02:56 PM
I thought he had a decent game

Apart from.....

But I would question their penalty, thought it was soft an a typical "I gave one for the other team so better even it up"

Their keeper should have been off for our penalty. He came out with his feet and didn't get the ball, normally keeper gets the benefit of the doubt if he tries to catch or palm the ball

Nelson vs Sow, the exact same challenge in the 20odd minute was a red very late in the game

Prince should have been off for persistent fouling - he got sooooo many warnings

And bottled the hearts player "head butting" Stevenson, linesman was no help

But apart from that he was ok :wink:

big gogs
17-08-2014, 03:10 PM
Stand side linesman and referee never saw the hand ball by the hearts centre half,baubin got a yellow after his fifth foul.hibs players moved aside to allow Nicholson to score his goal,Liam Craig's penalty was a disgrace,and Robertson words fail me

Albanian Hibs
17-08-2014, 03:58 PM
He had a good game. Robertson could have and should have been sent off earlier in the game.

jax67
17-08-2014, 04:12 PM
Collum refereeing phrase book-
"Consider yourself warned".
"Once more and your booked".
"Last warning".
"Very last warning".
"Very very last warning".
"Very very very last warning".
"Your booked".
"I better book a Hibs player to even things up".
So going by his phrase book he had a pretty decent
game today.

NAE NOOKIE
17-08-2014, 04:16 PM
Cant blame the ref for this one ......... IMO both pens were soft. Robertson should have been subbed well before he had the chance to be sent off.

jax67
17-08-2014, 04:21 PM
Cant blame the ref for this one ......... IMO both pens were soft. Robertson should have been subbed well before he had the chance to be sent off.

Today's game wasn't the refs fault, but Bauben and Sow both should have been booked long before they did. If they had been booked earlier it may well have had an effect on the game, we'll never know.

Judas Iscariot
17-08-2014, 04:31 PM
Ref was ok today

Us on the other hand

PISTOL1875
17-08-2014, 04:32 PM
It's not the ref's fault that we have players in our team like Robertson , Handling and Stanton that contribute hee haw..

BT58
17-08-2014, 04:35 PM
Thought the 'ref' had a good game. He gave a penalty to us which imho was 50/50
Robertson should have been subbed well before.
Same old story we miss a pen, christ we didnt even make the rookie goalie work !!!
We look at blaming the ref when it is our team are to blame !!!
Other players needed in ASAP

NadeAteMyLunch!
17-08-2014, 05:24 PM
For once we can't blame the ref.

However we can blame-in order-

1) Stubbs. Leaving Robertson on was hideous. Still shaking my head. Unbelievable decision

2) Robertson. How many warnings do you need?!

3) Craig. 20 year old rookie keeper and he can't even hit the target FFS

Eyrie
17-08-2014, 06:00 PM
Collum had an OK game and his worst decision was the penalty that he gifted us. If that had been at our end we'd be screaming for his head. Their penalty was a clear foul by a player that all of us (except Stubbs) would have removed at least ten minutes earlier for persistent fouling when already booked. That would probably have prevented their first goal given how Robertson sold himself.

The only complaint I'd have is that I saw no difference between the swinging elbow in the first half that forced Nelson off for treatment and the swinging elbow at the end of the game which was a straight red.

DTS
17-08-2014, 06:06 PM
I think both the penaltys were soft Robertson got sent off for persistent fouling just his final one was the pen, sow should have at least seen yellow in the first half but I think Collum wasn't exactly helped by the linesman but he then rightly sent sow of in the second half. He also could have sent Lewis and walker off at the end of the game! Collum was far from the problem for us today

SeanWilson
17-08-2014, 06:10 PM
Anyone walking away from the bus shelter today, blaming our performance on the ref deserves the hangover tomorrow. Us getting beat was nowhere near the refs fault.

Eyrie
17-08-2014, 06:25 PM
I think both the penaltys were soft Robertson got sent off for persistent fouling just his final one was the pen, sow should have at least seen yellow in the first half but I think Collum wasn't exactly helped by the linesman but he then rightly sent sow of in the second half. He also could have sent Lewis and walker off at the end of the game! Collum was far from the problem for us today

Missed what Stevenson allegedly did but I'm surprised that nothing was done about their player motioning a head butt at him immediately afterwards. A more cynical player than Stevenson would have flung himself to the ground and writhed in agony.

Danderhall Hibs
17-08-2014, 06:27 PM
Missed what Stevenson allegedly did but I'm surprised that nothing was done about their player motioning a head butt at him immediately afterwards. A more cynical player than Stevenson would have flung himself to the ground and writhed in agony.

TBF a more cynical player would've made more of the Stevenson "challenge". It was pretty bad - he's probably going to get a 3 match ban for it.

The "head butt" was nothing in comparison.