PDA

View Full Version : Roberston

Humo
17-08-2014, 01:05 PM
Why hasn't he been subbed yet and better still why does he start?

leither17
17-08-2014, 01:06 PM
There he goes

Humo
17-08-2014, 01:06 PM
**** sake given a penalty and now sent off

Forza Fred
17-08-2014, 01:08 PM
Thought after the first half that it was inevitable he would get a red.

Humo
17-08-2014, 01:15 PM
Roberston's stats so far

games played 3

goals given away 3

yellow cards 3

red cards 1

knee jerk reaction my arse! the boy is ****!

StarMan10
17-08-2014, 01:17 PM
Absolutely hate slating players for hibs but he is so unnatural on the pitch. Absolute bombscare today.

Heisenberg
17-08-2014, 01:19 PM
He's pish. Must've had about two good games since we signed him. Surely Scott Allan gets a start from now on.

bigstu
17-08-2014, 01:22 PM
Him & Craig should be shown the door, both pish!

gaz1875
17-08-2014, 01:28 PM
Robertson's been a liability for most of last season and the start of this. He can't tackle just runs into players, poor passer and never has an attempt at goal when an opportunity comes along. We can only hope that he will be on the bench after his suspension. :rolleyes:

Agnes Gordon
17-08-2014, 01:41 PM
Hopefully that's their final chance gone now as they have both continued in the same manner as last year .

GreenLake
17-08-2014, 01:45 PM
Robertson was one of our best players in many games last year. I hope he plays in most of our games this year except for derby games. He has a clear history of jambophobia and should not play against them. He was giving fouls away all game and a threat for being a man down for most of the game until he was sent off. Not only was he sent off but he gave away a stupid penalty. Not only did he give away a stupid penalty, he was nutmegged by Nicholson who found acres of space to rifle the ball in the net.

I hate that we don't get to see subs come on until late in a game when we are behind. Leeann should make a club rule that one sub must come on by 60 minutes and two subs by 70 minutes. Allan and Kennedy should have come on much sooner as we were not producing any shots at their goal. Hibs fans could do the Posnan at 60 minutes until a sub is made. :greengrin

Borderhibbie76
17-08-2014, 01:48 PM
Show them both the door in the morning...flops last year and look no better this year. Massive early mistake by Stubbs to make Craig captain imo

hibbeedavid
17-08-2014, 01:48 PM
Can't help but agree, these two are constantly quoted in press about how much they are hurting after last season and want to restore pride etc but yet again more of the same, Craig just isn't captain material as he hides and Robertson just spends his games fouling, winds of change my a*se it's barely been a breeze and we are woefully short of options on the park in a do or die season

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fergos
17-08-2014, 01:50 PM
He doesn't win tackles - he gives fouls away.....he never finds his man with a pass.....and his first touch is woeful....someone argue with this, I just don't see it with this lad, full of running and energy but that's about it.

Never a good time to post just after a(nother) derby defeat but his performance today was very poor.

He wasn't the one today that failed to show.....Harris despite a decent fist half faded in the second, Stanton hasn't played well in any game this season and Handling...well again I've never seen it with this lad.

AS has a lot of work still to do as he has admitted himself.

GGTTH.

GreenOnions
17-08-2014, 01:50 PM
Show them both the door in the morning...flops last year and look no better this year. Massive early mistake by Stubbs to make Craig captain imo
Sorry - but I disagree. Thought they did quite well today. It was the final third where we weren't good enough today I thought.

TheMentalHibees
17-08-2014, 01:52 PM
To not even work the goalie from the penalty spot in any game is bad, but in a derby it's criminal.

DTS
17-08-2014, 01:54 PM
Craig played well other than the penalty, all Robertson done today was commit fouls and loose the ball with his horrendous first touch. Robertson has been terrible in all three games so far IMO he was always going to get sent off today for persistent fouling he had committed 3/4 more since he got booked and after the ref have then penalty he was always going to be sent off, he should have been subbed at half time

theonlywayisup
17-08-2014, 02:00 PM
Robertson and Craig - please go away! Very poor midfield!

mentalhibee
17-08-2014, 02:04 PM
Him & Craig should be shown the door, both pish!

Exactly, pair of bottle merchants! Gtf

GreenOnions
17-08-2014, 02:08 PM
Craig played well other than the penalty, all Robertson done today was commit fouls and loose the ball with his horrendous first touch. Robertson has been terrible in all three games so far IMO he was always going to get sent off today for persistent fouling he had committed 3/4 more since he got booked and after the ref have then penalty he was always going to be sent off, he should have been subbed at half time
I felt Robertson and Craig were excellent in harrying and closing down Hearts and restricting them to very few efforts at our goal. I was thinking for most of the game that, for the first time in a while, we were not being outfought physically by Hearts. I think it's inevitable in these games that the guys doing that kind if work will pick up yellows and.Stubbs should have replaced Robertson. It's not Robbo's fault though that he wasn't subbed. Central midfield today was one of our stronger areas. I doubt Alan Stubbs will be thinking it is one of our problem areas. He will be looking further up the pitch IMO

Allant1981
17-08-2014, 02:09 PM
Craig played well last week so wouldnt say bottle merchant, robertson was very poor today

HibeeHendo
17-08-2014, 02:14 PM
I thought Craig has been one of our best players so far. Robertson on the other hand is awful.

Allan to start next week.

GreenLake
17-08-2014, 02:15 PM
Sorry - but I disagree. Thought they did quite well today. It was the final third where we weren't good enough today I thought.

Robertson was nutmegged to let Nicholson score his goal and he gave away a stupid penalty to not only reduce us to 10 men but give away a second goal. His whole game was clumsy fouling and not his usual contribution. Needs benched or day off at derby games.

Craig played quite well though I agree, except for the penalty miss, which I hate but won't hold against him.

number9dream
17-08-2014, 02:21 PM
I thought Craig has been one of our best players so far. Robertson on the other hand is awful.

Allan to start next week.

Yes. But do we play Allan beside Craig or further up the park? Stubbs clearly doesn't fancy OTJ (and I can't say I blame him), so are there any other central midfield candidates?

S4uzee
17-08-2014, 02:21 PM
Can't stand Robertson, a complete let down of a player. Never in control of the ball and offers very little

SteveHFC
17-08-2014, 02:25 PM
Can't stand Robertson, a complete let down of a player. Never in control of the ball and offers very little

Have to agree mate. Get him to **** along with Craig.

mentalhibee
17-08-2014, 02:26 PM
Craig played well last week so wouldnt say bottle merchant, robertson was very poor today

He's the biggest bottle merchant to captain Hibs. He shouldn't be at the club after his performances last season,same goes Robertson. He runs about like a headless chicken and even if he does win the ball without fouling(hardly ever)he gives it away 9 out of 10 times anyway.

Hiber-nation
17-08-2014, 02:27 PM
Fitness poor and discipline abysmal. But why the hell did Stubbs not take him off earlier when it was obvious to anyone what was going to happen?

mcfly
17-08-2014, 03:08 PM
Craig had his chance to redeem himself for last season with the penalty.

He bottled it and couldnt get it on target from 12 yards.

I wish he spent more energy leading the team and not constantly moaning at the ref.

a huge disappointment as a player, a hopeless captain.

Won't miss him when he's gone.

Pretty Boy
17-08-2014, 03:12 PM
I just don't really get what Robertson brings to the party. He doesn't score. Never makes a killer pass. Isn't a Roy Keane type enforcer. Doesn't create much. Never beats a man. What does he actually do?

As for Craig; I thought for 30 minutes today he carried on his decent form from Ibrox and last week. He was breaking up play, wanted the ball and getting stuck in. He was the best midfielder on the park at that time. The miss seemed to totally deflate him though and he fell to pieces. That's worrying and poor from both an experienced player and the club captain.

Dave-O
17-08-2014, 03:23 PM
I just don't really get what Robertson brings to the party. He doesn't score. Never makes a killer pass. Isn't a Roy Keane type enforcer. Doesn't create much. Never beats a man. What does he actually do?

As for Craig; I thought for 30 minutes today he carried on his decent form from Ibrox and last week. He was breaking up play, wanted the ball and getting stuck in. He was the best midfielder on the park at that time. The miss seemed to totally deflate him though and he fell to pieces. That's worrying and poor from both an experienced player and the club captain.

I noticed that least season with him, a misplaced pass or 2 and he starts to withdraw and his confidence starts ebbing away, its a very worrying trait especially for a captain.

TAHibby
17-08-2014, 03:34 PM
"The WORST I've felt after a match. Got to accept the criticism coming my way." Robertson on twitter.

DaveF
17-08-2014, 03:42 PM
"The WORST I've felt after a match. Got to accept the criticism coming my way." Robertson on twitter.

As bad as he was, he was let down by his manager not replacing him IMO.

S4uzee
17-08-2014, 03:54 PM
His constant clapping the fans after a game and twitter apologies are tiresome, do it on the pitch ffs

leggeto
17-08-2014, 04:22 PM
Thought he was poor last season,good a breaking up play at times but when he gets the ball he hasn't the ability to do anything positive, was signed as a box to box player but rarely leaves the centre circle,not seen his performance today but I think it will maybe be his last game as that will not have impressed AS

DH1875
17-08-2014, 05:33 PM
Was always gonna get sent off :agree:.

R'Albin
17-08-2014, 05:38 PM

:agree:

BSEJVT
17-08-2014, 05:43 PM
For me Robertson has personally cost us our defeats to Rangers & hearts.

The Rangers one with that ludicrous attempt at a clearance when he had cramp.

More worryingly its a consistent lack of fitness that shows itself whenever we are under pressure and hints at a lack of bottle.

Having said that on both occasions Stubbs should have seen he was toiling badly and subbed him off so Stubbs isn't exempt from any criticism

Yuillsy
17-08-2014, 05:43 PM

Agree to a point but when you've been booked you know not to go rushing into silly challenges and making stupid fouls.

Danderhall Hibs
17-08-2014, 05:50 PM
I felt Robertson and Craig were excellent in harrying and closing down Hearts and restricting them to very few efforts at our goal. I was thinking for most of the game that, for the first time in a while, we were not being outfought physically by Hearts. I think it's inevitable in these games that the guys doing that kind if work will pick up yellows and.Stubbs should have replaced Robertson. It's not Robbo's fault though that he wasn't subbed. Central midfield today was one of our stronger areas. I doubt Alan Stubbs will be thinking it is one of our problem areas. He will be looking further up the pitch IMO

I agree mate.

Not convinced by Robertson though and still have hope for Craig.

bingo70
17-08-2014, 05:50 PM
Agree to a point but when you've been booked you know not to go rushing into silly challenges and making stupid fouls.

That's why he let that boy past him to score the first, he'd have brought him down if he wasn't on a booking.

Danderhall Hibs
17-08-2014, 05:51 PM

Agreed - I've said similar many times about Stevenson as well.

Pretty Boy
17-08-2014, 05:52 PM
That's why he let that boy past him to score the first, he'd have brought him down if he wasn't on a booking.

He should have stood a yard off him and gave him nowhete to go instead of diving in and making the guys mind up for him. Why he was so close is beyond me.

He was then in a postion of foul him and get sent off or let him shoot.

eastmainsmsh
17-08-2014, 05:57 PM
Just don't see what he offers been disappointing IMO I'd rather have kept tom taiwo

Unseen work
17-08-2014, 06:02 PM
Just don't see what he offers been disappointing IMO I'd rather have kept tom taiwo

Personally think taiwo would be starting for us if he was still under contract when Stubbs arrived

Hibs7
17-08-2014, 06:05 PM
He should have stood a yard off him and gave him nowhete to go instead of diving in and making the guys mind up for him. Why he was so close is beyond me.

He was then in a postion of foul him and get sent off or let him shoot.

Spot on ... Another yard away from him and the nutmeg would not have worked... Craig and Robertson cost us 3 points today ..

Yuillsy
17-08-2014, 06:10 PM

He never let the boy past him. He opened his legs and sold himself!

hibs4life
17-08-2014, 07:33 PM
There does seem to be a player in Robertson but we only see it in flashes but today he really had a stinker IMHO. Too many ill judged challenges, particularly in areas where we should be avoiding conceding fouls and nothing creative to speak of.
Our midfield struggles to look like a threat, or create threats in the last 3rd and I think Alan Stubbs needs to rethink his midfield set up to one that is more likely to create chances.
We pressed and contained them pretty well until the penalty miss and weren't ever really opened up but we do need a bit more and it seems a change in the starting midfield personnel is required...

Bearders
17-08-2014, 07:37 PM

Did quite well? Geez peace. Please enlighten me as I' m clearly at a different game or sitting in the wrong end.

3pm
17-08-2014, 08:18 PM
He's ****in pish. He's always been pish and he'll continue to be pish.

Those of you who mark him 7.5, 8 and 9/10 on 'player ratings' threads must have your eyes painted on.

He does **** all apart from clapping the fans.

A useless ****in imposter. Pity it's taken today for a few folk to realise he's pish.

Squealing pig
18-08-2014, 05:30 PM
Think Robertson is a good player , Liam Craig too just need to get the tactics right to utilise them

theonlywayisup
19-08-2014, 08:40 PM

Taiwo - scored two tonight

NadeAteMyLunch!
19-08-2014, 09:40 PM
Taiwo - scored two tonight

Will he follow in the footsteps of Paddy Cregg and John Rankin and get himself a goal on his return to ER on Saturday? Decent player is wee Tom

bigwheel
19-08-2014, 09:50 PM

Those of you who mark him 7.5, 8 and 9/10 on 'player ratings' threads must have your eyes painted on.

A useless ****in imposter. Pity it's taken today for a few folk to realise he's pish.

....it's good you don't let emotion get in the of your assessment of players...nonsense

silverhibee
19-08-2014, 09:53 PM

You are talking about Craig eh. :cb

Hermit Crab
19-08-2014, 09:54 PM

Full of the bevy when you posted this I take it? :rolleyes:

3pm
19-08-2014, 10:11 PM
Full of the bevy when you posted this I take it? :rolleyes:

Nope. He's pish.

3pm
19-08-2014, 10:14 PM
....it's good you don't let emotion get in the of your assessment of players...nonsense

In your opinion.

GreenOnions
19-08-2014, 10:26 PM
Did quite well? Geez peace. Please enlighten me as I' m clearly at a different game or sitting in the wrong end.

I think this must be right.

You know - I watched the game with some friends, I've discussed it with quite a number of others since then (most of whom watched the game but support other clubs) - and have read various reports on the game in the media. I have to say that the only people who felt that Robertson and Craig were even close to being a problem for Hibs in the derby are people posting on this thread. No-one I've spoken to or read feels that central midfield was an area where we "lost" the game at the weekend.

I'm not talking about an individual or specific moment such as the missed penalty - I'm talking about the whole game. My opinion as well as that of EVERYONE else I've spoken to or read (apart from this thread, of course) feels that defensively and in central midfield we played reasonably well and that our problems were almost exclusively in the creative/more forward areas.

Our three youngsters in that area just didn't do it for us at the weekend. I rate all three of them but that is the area where we need to do a lot more if we're to have a chance of winning this league and of winning the next derby.

Let's hope the discussion on the Griffiths thread has more substance to it than some of the guff in this one :bitchy:

Callum_62
20-08-2014, 01:15 AM
I think this must be right.

You know - I watched the game with some friends, I've discussed it with quite a number of others since then (most of whom watched the game but support other clubs) - and have read various reports on the game in the media. I have to say that the only people who felt that Robertson and Craig were even close to being a problem for Hibs in the derby are people posting on this thread. No-one I've spoken to or read feels that central midfield was an area where we "lost" the game at the weekend.

I'm not talking about an individual or specific moment such as the missed penalty - I'm talking about the whole game. My opinion as well as that of EVERYONE else I've spoken to or read (apart from this thread, of course) feels that defensively and in central midfield we played reasonably well and that our problems were almost exclusively in the creative/more forward areas.

Our three youngsters in that area just didn't do it for us at the weekend. I rate all three of them but that is the area where we need to do a lot more if we're to have a chance of winning this league and of winning the next derby.

Let's hope the discussion on the Griffiths thread has more substance to it than some of the guff in this one :bitchy:

:thumbsup:

Altho, could we expect Robbo or Craig to contribute more going forward?

1 of the 2 centre midfielders has to take more of that responsibility I reckon

bigwheel
20-08-2014, 07:52 AM
Collins is gone , Stevenson playing well ...some fans always need a scapegoat - so it's obviously Robertson for now - he might share the role with Craig after the penalty miss ....some people just need to "hate" someone ...it's one of the worst aspects of football fans

It lacks any analysis. They are the type who boo when the team is read out .

GreenOnions
20-08-2014, 07:56 AM
:thumbsup:

Altho, could we expect Robbo or Craig to contribute more going forward?

1 of the 2 centre midfielders has to take more of that responsibility I reckon

I agree - yes. Although I wouldn't necessarily expect them to bomb forward at Tynecastle. Generally though one should be deeper and one looking to join the person playing where Handling did and Alagui - most suited to that is Craig. His game is suited to that I think.

We need much more from Stanton, Harris and Handling though. Perhaps someone with a bit more experience is required in that area to help them? I am also keen to see Scott Allan and Kennedy. Both should start the next game IMO

GreenOnions
20-08-2014, 08:12 AM

I thought that, as a team, we competed much better than we have done in the past against the usual physical Hearts. We hustled and harried them and closed them down in possession pretty well for much of the game. Robertson was at the centre of that IMO.

The role he's playing for the team is not glamorous but it's necessary. He took a booking for his trouble but that's an occupational hazard for central midfielders competing away from home against one of our closest rivals. He should have been subbed to protect us from a second yellow but it's not his fault that he wasn't.

Robertson would be one of the first names on my team sheet. He can do a really important job for us and his effort, energy levels and commitment are top notch. His role should help provide a platform for others to create but, unfortunately, that didn't happen at the weekend

Borderhibbie76
20-08-2014, 08:47 AM
Collins is gone , Stevenson playing well ...some fans always need a scapegoat - so it's obviously Robertson for now - he might share the role with Craig after the penalty miss ....some people just need to "hate" someone ...it's one of the worst aspects of football fans

It lacks any analysis. They are the type who boo when the team is read out .
So true...Now that the pain has dulled somewhat we have to be reflective and say we competed well in midfield...not often we can say that in a derby. I have great hope that Stubbs can turn us around but he takes a lot ot blame for not subbing Robertson on Sunday when we could all see what was coming. That has now cost us dear both at Ibrox and the piggery in recent weeks...

Turkish Green
20-08-2014, 10:56 AM
So true...Now that the pain has dulled somewhat we have to be reflective and say we competed well in midfield...not often we can say that in a derby. I have great hope that Stubbs can turn us around but he takes a lot ot blame for not subbing Robertson on Sunday when we could all see what was coming. That has now cost us dear both at Ibrox and the piggery in recent weeks...

Every club has a hate figure that supporters blame regardless of whether he has a good, bad or indifferent performance.

I have a Hun colleague who detested 'fat' Charlie Adam. He'd come into work after a game and spend the first hour lambasting Adam's performance from pillar to post. When Adam went to Blackpool and then Liverpool he couldn't be kinder.

At Present it is Robertson but I can see it soon changing to Craig.

Drewster
20-08-2014, 12:25 PM
Scott Robertson is a good lad who gives 100% but he's technically just not a very good footballer!!?

We need players in midfield who can defend, attack, pass, shoot, and don't feel the need to hide when they cross the whitewash - Hamilton had a few at Easter Road a few weeks ago..........why can't Hibs find some!!?

Centre Hawf
20-08-2014, 12:25 PM
I have to admit. Im becoming increasingly frustrated by Robertson. But i am just as much with Craig. I really need to see the pair creating more cause its not been enough. I do think they're good players though so i have no doubt it'll click properly soon.

bigwheel
20-08-2014, 12:43 PM
Scott Robertson is a good lad who gives 100% but he's technically just not a very good footballer!!?

We need players in midfield who can defend, attack, pass, shoot, and don't feel the need to hide when they cross the whitewash - Hamilton had a few at Easter Road a few weeks ago..........why can't Hibs find some!!?

Care to justify your point ? What are Robertson's technical deficiencies ?

Because to me , whilst he hasn't had a good start to the season , actually his technical skills are strong - he is two footed , can pass. , can tackle ...good energy levels , decent first touch and quite mobile on and off the ball.

So , let's hear your view ...

Drewster
20-08-2014, 03:20 PM
Care to justify your point ? What are Robertson's technical deficiencies ?

Because to me , whilst he hasn't had a good start to the season , actually his technical skills are strong - he is two footed , can pass. , can tackle ...good energy levels , decent first touch and quite mobile on and off the ball.

So , let's hear your view ...

Football is all about opinions, and your obviously a big fan, but I don't recognise any of these attributes in Scott? He has a good attitude and has a good engine, but he's clumsy and a bit awkward - hence the bookings and we need more than a goal a season from our midfield.

StarMan10
20-08-2014, 03:29 PM
He's cost us the game in our two biggest games this season. On Sunday he was throwing himself about the park always looking like he was about to fall over/into a hearts player. He might be an alright player to have, but I think we need better if we want promoted.

bigwheel
20-08-2014, 04:59 PM
Football is all about opinions, and your obviously a big fan, but I don't recognise any of these attributes in Scott? He has a good attitude and has a good engine, but he's clumsy and a bit awkward - hence the bookings and we need more than a goal a season from our midfield.

To be honest , I wouldn't say I'm a big fan - but I did disagree with your point about lack of technical ability - I think he is up there with most of our players on that - he doesn't impact a game anywhere near as much as he should or could - and a real lack of goals and assists are a weakness - lack of footballing skills are not