PDA

View Full Version : Sunshine On Leith

SanFranHibs
17-08-2014, 09:48 AM
We've heard it at Easter Road, we've heard it at Hampden and I sure in quite a few pubs in one of the great cities in the world, Edinburgh, but last night in the Highlander Bar in Paris it was requested by a Celtic fan and belted out by 4 Celtic fans, a French bartender and of course one Hibbie !!!

I know one of the Celtic fans, a bartender in the Harp in Paris, although Celtic mad, has a soft spot for Hibs and was gutted when we got relegated. Of course when I watched the Celtic v Dundee Utd game in their bar yesterday I was not afraid to let anyone know I wanted Dundee Utd to win. Actually did not enjoy that game at all when they started running away with it. And if anyone calls me a closet Celtic fan
you could not be further from the truth. My mate here, A Celtic fan is going to open the bar so him and I and it might just be the two of us, can watch Hibs stuff those b*****ds from Gorgie.

However, the point of this weak thread is Sunshine On Leith. What a great club 'anthem' we now have and indeed one of the other Celtic fans, leaned over and said to me that when he first heard Hibs fans singing it he had a few tears in his eyes, was and still is a little bit jealous of our song.

Anytime I hear the song, I don't think of the Proclaimers (but thank you...thank you...thank you), I just think of the Hibees and it now appears that anyone else that knows the songand football thinks of the Hibees.

Hibs fans going to the game today, I can only be there in spirit but when we beat them, which we will, please......give the players and the new management team a verse or two.

Because while I'm worth.....

:flag:

cwilliamson85
17-08-2014, 10:06 AM
This song means much more to me than football. It has been played / sung on some of the happiest / worst days of my life.

A world of emotions goes through my head when this song is played and I call myself lucky that it is associated to our club.

SanFranHibs
17-08-2014, 10:17 AM
This song means much more to me than football. It has been played / sung on some of the happiest / worst days of my life.

A world of emotions goes through my head when this song is played and I call myself lucky that it is associated to our club.

I'm sure it does mean more to some people but if I was honest, even though it was not written for Hibs,I would never listen to it other than a Hibs 'anthem' for which it is superb. A bit like You'll never walk alone. Duller than a pub crawl in Salt Lake City.

erin-go-bragh87
17-08-2014, 11:17 AM

Summed it up perfectly for me too!