PDA

View Full Version : Stubbs makes sweeping changes

pampdahoosmoose
17-08-2014, 05:44 AM
Just shows how badly the club was being run pre Leann Dempster.

http://m.scotsman.com/sport/football/spfl-lower-divisions/hearts-v-hibernian-stubbs-makes-sweeping-changes-1-3512063

GreenLake
17-08-2014, 05:52 AM

http://m.scotsman.com/sport/football/spfl-lower-divisions/hearts-v-hibernian-stubbs-makes-sweeping-changes-1-3512063

Good report which will read even better after a convincing win tomorrow! :greengrin

GoldenEagle
17-08-2014, 06:41 AM

Going over old ground doesn't help anyone but this vindicates those who were right in calling the football club an absolute shambles under the stewardship of RP.

Proven once and for all that his knowledge of football matters was hee-haw.

sbell1875
17-08-2014, 08:18 AM
Was embarrassing reading just how amatuer and unprofessional the precious set up was.

Our season won't hinge on the outcome today but if we get a win and put in a good performance everyone will sit up and take notice.

Phil D. Rolls
17-08-2014, 09:14 AM
I’m not sitting here blowing smoke up my own backside but the club...

Of course not. Hopefully, there will be objective proof of that after today.

neil7908
17-08-2014, 09:15 AM
It's scary if what he's saying is true. My only slight concern is that the new set up led by Stubbs has achieved absolutely nothing yet and they have only been involved in 2 competitive games. Things definitely look promising but personally it sounds like he's being a bit self congratulatory and it's a bit early for that IMO. Let's get ourselves up at the first time of asking this year and then we won't just have to take Stubbs word about the effect the changes have made to the club

matty_f
17-08-2014, 09:36 AM
It's a big wake-up call to just how badly the club was being run. I think things really started to fall apart when Scott Lindsay and Fife Hyland left the club. Ironically a lot of the cuts (which are ridiculous when you hear Stubbs describing them) came from the board trying to protect the spend on the first team.
After East Mains and the East Stand, none of us that I can recall, wanted to hear about infrastructure. We wanted money going on the first team. In fact, only recently we had calls for the club to shelf the training centre because of the perception of the cost to run it. Imagine if Stubbs had added into that interview "and we have to sort out pitches for training, the club had a great facility but decided they could do without it so I'm at Leeann to try and get us something there as well."

I'm glad we have someone running the club who has taken a step back, realised that there is nothing there to work with and so has had pretty much a blank canvas to put in place an "ideal world" set-up from top to bottom. It's ridiculous and a huge failing on Petrie's part that it had to get to that stage in the first place.

emerald green
17-08-2014, 09:45 AM
What a terrible indictment of the way this football club was being run under the stewardship of Petrie, and the various managers he was responsible for appointing. Is it any wonder the club was relegated? I'm not talking about the financial stewardship of the club. I mean the footballing side.

I have to ask again, what now is Rod Petrie's role at the club, other than being STF's "eyes and ears"? What does he actually contribute?

It's very early days under LD & AS, but surely things can only improve now, although I believe it will take at least a full season to repair some of the damage done over the last 6/7 years.

Phil D. Rolls
17-08-2014, 09:48 AM
Did Terry Butcher not suggest pretty much the same thing? It's time we learned to stop making snap judgements on how good managers are, and waited until they have actually delivered/ failed.

Ozyhibby
17-08-2014, 09:53 AM
Wait till the results improve before judging.
Remember how we loved all Butchers early interviews?

Turkish Green
17-08-2014, 09:56 AM
A lot of praise has to go to LD in backing AS and also bringing in a professional management structure.

Fingers could be pointed at Butcher and Fenlon but I suspect that if they suggested appointing Sports Scientists to the then CEO it would have been given short shift due to cost.

This season will be tough but I am seeing a brighter future.

matty_f
17-08-2014, 10:09 AM
Wait till the results improve before judging.
Remember how we loved all Butchers early interviews?

Absolutely. Do not, under any circumstances, recognise that progress might be being made, things might be looking up, or give any credit (due or otherwise) until things have had a chance to go a bit wrong.

At which point stick the boot right in and rejoice that you weren't suckered into any hope, positivity, or enjoyment like those other losers were.

Phil D. Rolls
17-08-2014, 10:26 AM
A lot of praise has to go to LD in backing AS and also bringing in a professional management structure.

Fingers could be pointed at Butcher and Fenlon but I suspect that if they suggested appointing Sports Scientists to the then CEO it would have been given short shift due to cost.

This season will be tough but I am seeing a brighter future.

I'm hoping for a brighter future, and the new regime have given me cause for hope.

Absolutely. Do not, under any circumstances, recognise that progress might be being made, things might be looking up, or give any credit (due or otherwise) until things have had a chance to go a bit wrong.

At which point stick the boot right in and rejoice that you weren't suckered into any hope, positivity, or enjoyment like those other losers were.

A bit harsh, it would be foolish not to learn from false dawns in the past.

Carheenlea
17-08-2014, 11:02 AM
While I enjoyed reading that it also angers me that our club was in such a shambles and I succumbed to the hype surrounding our managerial "dream team".
It certainly looks like we are in more professional hands now and our club can start to rebuild in a positive manner.

Beefster
17-08-2014, 11:25 AM
I'm sure Stubbs will turn out to be good for Hibs but make no mistake, Dempster is the driving force behind all the change at the club this summer.

snooky
17-08-2014, 11:26 AM
What a terrible indictment of the way this football club was being run under the stewardship of Petrie, and the various managers he was responsible for appointing. Is it any wonder the club was relegated? I'm not talking about the financial stewardship of the club. I mean the footballing side.

I have to ask again, what now is Rod Petrie's role at the club, other than being STF's "eyes and ears"? What does he actually contribute?

It's very early days under LD & AS, but surely things can only improve now, although I believe it will take at least a full season to repair some of the damage done over the last 6/7 years.

That stuff really jumped out from the article.
If half of what he said about the lack of organisation is true, the large fickle finger of incompetence points in only one direction.

Apparently Stubbs was cagey about being asked the question "Do you speak to Rod Petrie".
I'm slightly concerned that he queried the significance of the question before replying "Only 'hello', etc "

emerald green
17-08-2014, 11:45 AM
That stuff really jumped out from the article.
If half of what he said about the lack of organisation is true, the large fickle finger of incompetence points in only one direction.

Apparently Stubbs was cagey about being asked the question "Do you speak to Rod Petrie".
I'm slightly concerned that he queried the significance of the question before replying "Only 'hello', etc "

:agree: I'm not going to get carried away yet either, after all the disappointments and embarrassments the Hibs support has had to endure over the last few seasons. As I posted earlier, the damage done won't be repaired overnight, and I think this is what AS was also alluding to in his interview.

At least the basic things regarding a well run football club seem to be getting put in place now by LD and AS. Why that has taken so long can really only be fully answered by one person still at the club IMO. That's never going to happen I don't think.