PDA

View Full Version : Fantastic Sky Sports offer

sleeping giant
16-08-2014, 01:50 PM
Just got a letter from sky offering all the Sky sports channels for only £12 per month for a year plus free unlimited broadband for 2 years.
As i already have sky broadband this new package has cost me a grand total of £4.50 per month extra.
You need to call them though as the offer does not show on the website.
08442 410 061 and tell them you want the "unmissable year of sport" offer.

Pretty good deal if you ask me:aok:

TAHibby
16-08-2014, 01:53 PM
Only for new customers I take it?

hibee_girl
16-08-2014, 02:01 PM

No it's for existing customers too

sleeping giant
16-08-2014, 02:03 PM

Existing customers who DON'T already have Sky Sports :aok:

hibee_girl
16-08-2014, 02:06 PM

I had sky sports already but still got the 2 years free broadband

Scottie
16-08-2014, 02:09 PM

Sky know how to take advantage of us faithful customers who already have Sky Sports
Spoke to them yesterday and they told me I'm on their best package £24.50 a month For sports :rolleyes:

sleeping giant
16-08-2014, 02:11 PM
I had sky sports already but still got the 2 years free broadband

:aok:

Green Reaper
16-08-2014, 07:01 PM
Just called and they told me my bill would go from £77 to £94 so would be paying £18 a month for sky sports. Not worth it for me

sleeping giant
16-08-2014, 07:26 PM
Just called and they told me my bill would go from £77 to £94 so would be paying £18 a month for sky sports. Not worth it for me

:confused:
Strange !

How did they justify that ?
I have the offer in front of me.
All sky sports channels for £12 for a year and free broadband for 2 years.

Where did the extra £5 come from ?

Sir David Gray
16-08-2014, 09:04 PM
Strange !

I work for Sky and I've never heard of this offer!

I spoke to a customer today who wanted sports added on and the only option I had was to add it on for full price.

I'll need to look into that tomorrow when I go in.

zlatan
16-08-2014, 09:13 PM
Just remember they lose the CL after this season which is why they'll be trying to get folks tied down for a couple of years.

sleeping giant
16-08-2014, 09:14 PM
I work for Sky and I've never heard of this offer!

I spoke to a customer today who wanted sports added on and the only option I had was to add it on for full price.

I'll need to look into that tomorrow when I go in.

Flanny boy
16-08-2014, 09:19 PM
Strange !

I phoned sky earlier they said I wasn't entitled to it as I had
only been with sky for 3years but they did give me sky sports
for £11 a month for the next 3 month (happy with that)as they
first asked for £24.50 per month

Sir David Gray
16-08-2014, 09:19 PM

Might be an exclusive mailshot that only certain customers are receiving, not sure that it's something that everyone is going to be able to claim.

I could be wrong though, I'll need to look it up tomorrow.

What other TV packages do you have with Sky?

iwasthere1972
16-08-2014, 09:23 PM
On a different topic.

Just off the blower to Virginmedia. Told them that I was thinking of leaving them as I was going with BT as the price I would be paying them would be £40 a month compared with £48 per month I am paying them. Made it all up. Just picked a number at random.

Did the trick anyway. Got them down to £35 a month from the £48 per month for the same services. £13 a month saving not to be sniffed at.

Happy days and happy viewing.

sleeping giant
16-08-2014, 09:23 PM
Might be an exclusive mailshot that only certain customers are receiving, not sure that it's something that everyone is going to be able to claim.

I could be wrong though, I'll need to look it up tomorrow.

What other TV packages do you have with Sky?

I just had the basic package with kids channel and discovery etc. Have their broadband and phone too.

hibsmad
16-08-2014, 09:31 PM
Just remember they lose the CL after this season which is why they'll be trying to get folks tied down for a couple of years.

Exactly.

A little after we got the offer of free broadband for two years, we then had a letter through the door telling us our monthly charge was going up £4 per month. Every other price increase has been blamed on the cost of acquiring the rights to broadcast football, so I thought that after losing Champs League that the cost would have to stay the same or maybe even go down. Nope. This time they blamed the increase on top quality drama, and then listed a load of shows, the majority of which I had never heard of. A price increase , I'd imagine, just to cover their broadband offer.

In my opinion, despite all their temporary offers, they are robbing *******s! Just wish there was another option for high quality HD footie.

Sir David Gray
16-08-2014, 09:33 PM
I just had the basic package with kids channel and discovery etc. Have their broadband and phone too.

Just wondered if you had movies as sometimes if you have either sports or movies on your account then you can add the other one on for a special price so that you have top tier for an offer price.

I'm thinking this is a targeted offer with only some customers receiving a mailshot about it.

patch1875
16-08-2014, 09:41 PM
I got a few weeks ago sport & movies for £23 for a year.

Sir David Gray
16-08-2014, 09:43 PM
Exactly.

A little after we got the offer of free broadband for two years, we then had a letter through the door telling us our monthly charge was going up £4 per month. Every other price increase has been blamed on the cost of acquiring the rights to broadcast football, so I thought that after losing Champs League that the cost would have to stay the same or maybe even go down. Nope. This time they blamed the increase on top quality drama, and then listed a load of shows, the majority of which I had never heard of. A price increase , I'd imagine, just to cover their broadband offer.

In my opinion, despite all their temporary offers, they are robbing *******s! Just wish there was another option for high quality HD footie.

No-one's forcing you to pay it!

If you threaten to cancel, the cancellations department will likely give you an offer to stay anyway.

DH1875
16-08-2014, 09:45 PM
I got a few weeks ago sport & movies for £23 for a year.

£23 for the year :confused::hmmm:

patch1875
16-08-2014, 09:45 PM
£23 for the year :confused::hmmm:

I wish! Extra per month

zlatan
16-08-2014, 09:48 PM
Exactly.

Dreambox, android tv or chromecast/mobdro combo may be your friend here.

hibsmad
16-08-2014, 09:59 PM

If you threaten to cancel, the cancellations department will likely give you an offer to stay anyway.

Wait a minute, seriously? I was sure someone was going to shoot me in the head if I refused!

Like I said in my post, I wish that there was somewhere else to go for high quality premiership HD football. As it is there isn't and I am stuck with them. They have now lost a lucrative Champions League deal, saving them multi millions of pounds, and they still increase their subscription. All so that we can continue to enjoy top quality drama such as Penny Dreadful and Mr Sloane. Or wait a minute, is it just so they can cover their free broadband offer which is designed to tie people in beyond the Champions League change over to BT?

Anyway I'm finished ranting about Sky - I actually didn't mind them up until a few months ago!

**** the hearts

hibsmad
16-08-2014, 10:00 PM

Cheers, I'll look into those :aok:

sleeping giant
16-08-2014, 10:14 PM
Well , i'm delighted :na na:

Sir David Gray
16-08-2014, 10:29 PM
Wait a minute, seriously? I was sure someone was going to shoot me in the head if I refused!

Like I said in my post, I wish that there was somewhere else to go for high quality premiership HD football. As it is there isn't and I am stuck with them. They have now lost a lucrative Champions League deal, saving them multi millions of pounds, and they still increase their subscription. All so that we can continue to enjoy top quality drama such as Penny Dreadful and Mr Sloane. Or wait a minute, is it just so they can cover their free broadband offer which is designed to tie people in beyond the Champions League change over to BT?

Anyway I'm finished ranting about Sky - I actually didn't mind them up until a few months ago!

**** the hearts

It's mainly to do with that but I think Sky does quite a lot in other areas as well, which customers don't always notice and to keep improving those things then sometimes a small increase is required. If I'm doing my sums correctly, I think the full TV package is increasing by less than 13p a day.

The on demand service is something that they're investing heavily in and Sky tv customers get access to it for no extra cost as long as you are able to connect a compatible Sky+HD box to a broadband router. Sky Go is another service which comes as part of your tv subscription.

Sky's a business which, in 12 months' time, will lose one of its biggest contracts. What would you do to try and keep customers if your business had just lost something as lucrative as the Champions League was to Sky?

Beefster
16-08-2014, 10:31 PM
Sky know how to take advantage of us faithful customers who already have Sky Sports
Spoke to them yesterday and they told me I'm on their best package £24.50 a month For sports :rolleyes:

Threaten to leave. I get Movies and Sport for £15 a month.

hibsmad
16-08-2014, 10:49 PM
It's mainly to do with that but I think Sky does quite a lot in other areas as well, which customers don't always notice and to keep improving those things then sometimes a small increase is required. If I'm doing my sums correctly, I think the full TV package is increasing by less than 13p a day.

The on demand service is something that they're investing heavily in and Sky tv customers get access to it for no extra cost as long as you are able to connect a compatible Sky+HD box to a broadband router. Sky Go is another service which comes as part of your tv subscription.

Sky's a business which, in 12 months' time, will lose one of its biggest contracts. What would you do to try and keep customers if your business had just lost something as lucrative as the Champions League was to Sky?

Pass on the massive savings

I certainly wouldn't do the opposite and increase the prices, and then try to sugar coat it with nonsense about on demand.

stormchild
17-08-2014, 06:46 AM
The dream box is something I'm looking into getting, can anyone tell me if they're reliable/worth it?

BoomtownHibees
17-08-2014, 07:25 AM

You, as a Sky employee, shouldn't really be posting this on a forum should you? Tut tut

BT58
17-08-2014, 07:42 AM
Trig..can i ask you a question
I had the full package ( no bb) however due to circumstances ive had to drop down to £28 per month..ive got skygo on pc/phone
Why was it i could watch skysports on tv yesterday but i couldnt get it on my pc skygo
I wanted to watch gunners game but i got refused access ???

BoomtownHibees
17-08-2014, 07:47 AM
Trig..can i ask you a question
I had the full package ( no bb) however due to circumstances ive had to drop down to £28 per month..ive got skygo on pc/phone
Why was it i could watch skysports on tv yesterday but i couldnt get it on my pc skygo
I wanted to watch gunners game but i got refused access ???

I know you asked Trig but as an employee I can answer your question :)

Yesterday, everybody had free access to Sky Sports regardless of what package you have. To view it on SkyGo, you would have needed to have Sports as part of your subscription.

Hope this makes sense.

BT58
17-08-2014, 07:51 AM
BTH cheers for that. I do have SSN as part of my package as i like soccer saturday. I watched that via skygo..
Thanks

bingo70
17-08-2014, 08:07 AM
You, as a Sky employee, shouldn't really be posting this on a forum should you? Tut tut

I'd love to be able to tell customers of my work what I really thought using a fake name knowing it wouldn't come back to bite me.

As a human being rather than just as an employee, if he never responded the way he did it would have been an opportunity missed so fair play imo.

Beefster
17-08-2014, 08:35 AM

Only if the person reading it is ultra-sensitive and takes offence at virtually nothing.

BoomtownHibees
17-08-2014, 08:39 AM
When it can affect me personally then yes I will comment on it. Thanks for your concern tho

Beefster
17-08-2014, 08:45 AM
When it can affect me personally then yes I will comment on it. Thanks for your concern tho

It's a statement of fact. No-one forces you to pay for your undercrackers either.

Don't get all huffy with M&S or Next though. I don't work for either of them.

BoomtownHibees
17-08-2014, 08:46 AM
It's a statement of fact. No-one forces you to pay for your undercrackers either.

Don't get all huffy with M&S or Next though. I don't work for either of them.

It was the point of calling in to 'cancel' to get a better deal, nothing to do with the 'choosing to pay' comment

HibbyAndy
17-08-2014, 08:47 AM
I pay £105 a month for Sky and get broadband all the channels phone line etc... I had a random guy walk into my garden last week whilst sunbathing telling me he can get me a package with ALL the channels broadband etc from a company called 'Newcall' for just £20 odd quid a month all i need was a now tv box or something for a one off payment of £50.. He said he can save me £800 a year!!! Few guys in the boozer have been telling me about this thingy aswell.

Seriously tempted to leave Sky altogether, Ive had not one issue with sky in the past but other people seem to be scoring big time with tv deals etc and im getting nowt.

down-the-slope
17-08-2014, 08:49 AM
I only pay £21.50 for the basic Sky package I have - only got it originally as I wanted a PVR to be able to record stuff and watch when convenient etc...best decent one was then £229....Sky 6 mths £10.....and 6mths £20 = £180 over year knowing they will not wat SKY + box back if i cancelled (I really enjoyed Free BT sport last year as I already have BT broadband).....

Can't believe folk paying over a grand a year for TV :confused:

Danderhall Hibs
17-08-2014, 08:51 AM
It's a rip off. I wanted to watch something on on demand the other week, it was on a channel which is included in my subscription but because they had put it into a "box set" I couldn't download it.

Asked the question, complained never really got anywhere.

If I had an option (no virgin in my area) I'd have been away ages ago.

Danderhall Hibs
17-08-2014, 08:55 AM
I pay £105 a month for Sky and get broadband all the channels phone line etc... I had a random guy walk into my garden last week whilst sunbathing telling me he can get me a package with ALL the channels broadband etc from a company called 'Newcall' for just £20 odd quid a month all i need was a now tv box or something for a one off payment of £50.. He said he can save me £800 a year!!! Few guys in the boozer have been telling me about this thingy aswell.

Seriously tempted to leave Sky altogether, Ive had not one issue with sky in the past but other people seem to be scoring big time with tv deals etc and im getting nowt.

Sky aren't interested in rewarding loyal customers, they just want new customers. They had a £25 for 25 months deal lastly year to celebrate their anniversary. Did they offer it to anyone that's been with them for those years (or the majority of them)?

Did they ****.

BoomtownHibees
17-08-2014, 09:02 AM
Sky aren't interested in rewarding loyal customers, they just want new customers. They had a £25 for 25 months deal lastly year to celebrate their anniversary. Did they offer it to anyone that's been with them for those years (or the majority of them)?

Did they ****.

Any different to every other big company doing the same? Sky, Virgin, BT, even betting firms offer incentives to get new subscribers.

The offer you mention was a friends and family deal for employees to pass on to new customers.

davidw
17-08-2014, 09:07 AM
Just got a letter from sky offering all the Sky sports channels for only £12 per month for a year plus free unlimited broadband for 2 years.
As i already have sky broadband this new package has cost me a grand total of £4.50 per month extra.

Here's an even better deal: don't give Rupert Murdoch any of your money...

Danderhall Hibs
17-08-2014, 09:14 AM
Any different to every other big company doing the same? Sky, Virgin, BT, even betting firms offer incentives to get new subscribers.

The offer you mention was a friends and family deal for employees to pass on to new customers.

The company I work for are putting a big focus on retention.

And yes you're right that was the deal - for new customers.

sleeping giant
17-08-2014, 09:14 AM
Here's an even better deal: don't give Rupert Murdoch any of your money...

I shall part with my legally hard earned cash any way i please thanks very much :aok:

zlatan
17-08-2014, 09:21 AM
It was the point of calling in to 'cancel' to get a better deal, nothing to do with the 'choosing to pay' comment

Calm down Rupert, it won't ruin your empire if a couple of Hibbys get a better deal for their TV package.

EskbankHibby
17-08-2014, 09:49 AM

Do you seriously think that the vast majority of customers are not already aware of this strategy?

stoneyburn hibs
17-08-2014, 10:12 AM
I was previously with Sky for everything, now only have the basic package. Switched to BT last year for phone and broadband. Would like to take up the offer of two years free broadband with sky but I'm contracted to BT until January.

Sir David Gray
17-08-2014, 10:50 PM

Do you honestly think I'm revealing some big secret by stating that the cancellations department will offer you something if you're threatening to leave?

It's their job to try and keep you as a customer, they get paid a bonus for every customer that they speak to that doesn't end up cancelling. Why would that be such a shock to anyone?

I'm sure that would be the same with any company like that.

BTH cheers for that. I do have SSN as part of my package as i like soccer saturday. I watched that via skygo..
Thanks

Sky Sports News is available on any of the basic packages. You don't need the Sports package to get it so that's why that is available on Sky Go.

I was previously with Sky for everything, now only have the basic package. Switched to BT last year for phone and broadband. Would like to take up the offer of two years free broadband with sky but I'm contracted to BT until January.

I'm pretty sure the two years free offer will still be available in January, or certainly an offer like that anyway.

jazzy7070
18-08-2014, 08:51 AM
So if I was to phone up sky now and get the sports package what's the best price I could get it for?and would need a box as well,currently with bt.

blackpoolhibs
18-08-2014, 09:10 AM
The dream box is something I'm looking into getting, can anyone tell me if they're reliable/worth it?

Its something everyone of my friends have had for years now, sky have managed to shut down the HD on these boxes, but normal SD is still available until they manage to get everyone to subscribe to HD or change your sky box to one of the new ones apparently.

If you go for one, i'd get the cheapest one, you can get an F5s off ebay with full subscription (gift) :wink: for around £100 and that last for a year, then around £50 for the next year once your gift expires.

The next big thing to come out is IPTV which i have seen working, and this is around £20 a month to subscribe, and it gets you everything from sky, plus bein sports which show you every EPL game and much more.

When this takes off, believe me everybody will have one.:wink:

Heedersnvolleys
18-08-2014, 09:16 AM
Its something everyone of my friends have had for years now, sky have managed to shut down the HD on these boxes, but normal SD is still available until they manage to get everyone to subscribe to HD or change your sky box to one of the new ones apparently.

If you go for one, i'd get the cheapest one, you can get an F5s off ebay with full subscription (gift) :wink: for around £100 and that last for a year, then around £50 for the next year once your gift expires.

The next big thing to come out is IPTV which i have seen working, and this is around £20 a month to subscribe, and it gets you everything from sky, plus bein sports which show you every EPL game and much more.

My gift has run out do you know how I go about getting a new one. Maybe a PM would be better when talking about these things:wink:

stormchild
18-08-2014, 10:01 AM
Thanks BH. Any idea if these IPTV boxes are available and where?

Andy Bee
18-08-2014, 11:51 AM

Or buy an F5s for £45 from Amazon and a years gift for £10 :wink::greengrin

As mentioned though no Sky HD but all the other HD channels

Hibby70
18-08-2014, 12:20 PM
Or buy an F5s for £45 from Amazon and a years gift for £10 :wink::greengrin

As mentioned though no Sky HD but all the other HD channels

Wheres the best place to get the gift?

Sir David Gray
18-08-2014, 07:00 PM
So if I was to phone up sky now and get the sports package what's the best price I could get it for?and would need a box as well,currently with bt.

If you are a new customer then you would be able to get Sky Sports for £38 p/m for 12 months and then £43.50 p/m after that, although the price can rise by up to 10% within your minimum term of 12 months.

You would receive a free sky+hd box and would pay £10 for installation.

You would also be able to get Sky broadband free for 2 years, although you would need to keep the sports package for that time or you would lose the offer. If you take the broadband, you would need line rental with Sky as well which is £15.40 p/m. Depending on the call package you take, you would pay anything from £0-10 p/m.

So if you want Sky Sports and broadband and phone, you could get it for £53.40 p/m for the first 12 months.

sleeping giant
18-08-2014, 07:16 PM
Just wondered if you had movies as sometimes if you have either sports or movies on your account then you can add the other one on for a special price so that you have top tier for an offer price.

I'm thinking this is a targeted offer with only some customers receiving a mailshot about it.

I should have added that on that offer i was also offered all the sports channels and all the movies channels for £20 + free broadband.
I must just be special :greengrin

jazzy7070
18-08-2014, 07:17 PM
If you are a new customer then you would be able to get Sky Sports for £38 p/m for 12 months and then £43.50 p/m after that, although the price can rise by up to 10% within your minimum term of 12 months.

You would receive a free sky+hd box and would pay £10 for installation.

You would also be able to get Sky broadband free for 2 years, although you would need to keep the sports package for that time or you would lose the offer. If you take the broadband, you would need line rental with Sky as well which is £15.40 p/m. Depending on the call package you take, you would pay anything from £0-10 p/m.

So if you want Sky Sports and broadband and phone, you could get it for £53.40 p/m for the first 12 months.

It would just be the sports,have broadband and phone with bt.theres no danger I would be paying £40 a month just for the football.cheers anyway

jazzy7070
18-08-2014, 07:17 PM
I should have added that on that offer i was also offered all the sports channels and all the movies channels for £20 + free broadband.
I must just be special :greengrin

That's the kinda offer I'm after :)

sleeping giant
18-08-2014, 07:19 PM
That's the kinda offer I'm after :)

Chance your luck and say you have the offer for the "year of unmissable sport"
I'm starting to think that i'm the only one who got that mailshot :greengrin

Sir David Gray
18-08-2014, 07:21 PM
It would just be the sports,have broadband and phone with bt.theres no danger I would be paying £40 a month just for the football.cheers anyway

That's what came up online, not sure if you would get a better offer over the phone.

I don't deal with new account set up so not sure what offers they have access to.

jazzy7070
18-08-2014, 07:21 PM
Haha might chance my luck with that tomorrow.no overly fussed get all the games on iptv but just not quite hd

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

jazzy7070
18-08-2014, 07:25 PM
That's what came up online, not sure if you would get a better offer over the phone.

I don't deal with new account set up so not sure what offers they have access to.

I had sky before but moved house in November so just went with bt,sky have phoned a few times to offer me deals but I've no payed any attention to them as I had a couple of cough cough other sky type boxes,but started losing all the hd channels on the boxes now

Sir David Gray
18-08-2014, 07:26 PM
Chance your luck and say you have the offer for the "year of unmissable sport"
I'm starting to think that i'm the only one who got that mailshot :greengrin

I checked yesterday when I went in and I could see no mention of this offer anywhere.

I'm starting to think you've typed that letter up yourself and printed it off! :greengrin

DanTheMan
18-08-2014, 07:31 PM

I'm getting it for £7.20 extra a month so thanks for the post otherwise I wouldn't have phoned them!

sleeping giant
18-08-2014, 07:35 PM
I checked yesterday when I went in and I could see no mention of this offer anywhere.

I'm starting to think you've typed that letter up yourself and printed it off! :greengrin

:faf:

I'm getting it for £7.20 extra a month so thanks for the post otherwise I wouldn't have phoned them!

Glad to be of service to someone:thumbsup:

DH1875
18-08-2014, 07:37 PM
Virgin have offered me all the sky sports channels for a one off payment of £150 for the year on top of my current package. Already get ESPN and BT sports so don't normally bother with sky but seems like a good deal. Got till the end of the month to decide. No one else get it?

sleeping giant
18-08-2014, 07:40 PM
Virgin have offered me all the sky sports channels for a one off payment of £150 for the year on top of my current package. Already get ESPN and BT sports so don't normally bother with sky but seems like a good deal. Got till the end of the month to decide. No one else get it?

Seen it mentioned somewhere on here recently.

Good deal if you can afford it :agree:

overdrive
18-08-2014, 07:44 PM
Virgin have just emailed me saying I can add Sky Sports to my package for £2.20 extra a month. Interesting as I already have Sky Sports.