Forster
Stevenson

Harris
Craig
Robertson
Stanton

Handling

El Alagui

Can see Allan, Cummings and Kennedy coming off the bench.

West hamBERNIAN
16-08-2014, 01:30 PM
I'd be happy with that.

Aldo
16-08-2014, 01:32 PM
Oxley Gray Hanlon Forster Stevenson Harris Craig Robertson Stanton Handling El Alagui Can see Allan, Cummings and Kennedy coming off the bench.

Don't think you'll be a million miles off with that selection.

scoopyboy
16-08-2014, 01:36 PM
Oxley

Gray
Hanlon
Forster
Stevenson

Harris
Craig
Robertson
Stanton

Handling

El Alagui

No real argument against that team.

Only negative comment would be Stanton needs to do more or he could be facing a spell on the bench.

BigKev
16-08-2014, 02:01 PM
No real argument against that team.

Only negative comment would be Stanton needs to do more or he could be facing a spell on the bench.

I think Kennedy will start in Stanton's place with Harris on the right. Sammy hasn't offered much in the two games so far.

Diclonius
16-08-2014, 02:01 PM
Oxley

Gray
Hanlon
Forster
Stevenson

Harris
Craig
Robertson
Stanton

Handling

El Alagui

Yup. End thread. :greengrin

Billy Whizz
16-08-2014, 02:04 PM
I think Kennedy will start in Stanton's place with Harris on the right. Sammy hasn't offered much in the two games so far.

Can't see it

NorthNorfolkHFC
16-08-2014, 02:14 PM
Is Scott Alan nowhere near yet, i thought he'd be in with a shout if he's near fitness?

NorthNorfolkHFC
16-08-2014, 02:23 PM
Is Scott Alan nowhere near yet, i thought he'd be in with a shout if he's near fitness?

ahibby
16-08-2014, 02:25 PM

Did he not come on against Rangers?

NorthNorfolkHFC
16-08-2014, 02:26 PM
Did he not come on against Rangers?

Just thought a player of his calibre would be a starter?

bigwheel
16-08-2014, 02:36 PM
Oxley

Gray
Hanlon
Forster
Stevenson

Harris
Craig
Robertson
Stanton

Handling

El Alagui

I think Kennedy or Allan will start in place of Stanton ...

Hamish
16-08-2014, 02:53 PM
Because of the game and being away from home I'd have Booth at LB and Lewis at LM. Stanton on bench.

Aldo
16-08-2014, 02:58 PM
Because of the game and being away from home I'd have Booth at LB and Lewis at LM. Stanton on bench.

I see where your coming from but I would stick with the same back 4 and bring handling back in for Heff and I would also drop Stanton for Allan or Kennedy.

portyhibernian
16-08-2014, 03:03 PM
Stanton will probably start I'd imagine. His general play is good, seems to fluff his lines with the final ball sometimes though. Would like to see what Kennedy is capable off aswell though.

hibbymick
16-08-2014, 03:15 PM
Really need to get the left back position sorted out, Stevenson is no left back.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
16-08-2014, 03:25 PM
I'd swap Stanton for Craig maybe.

Aldo
16-08-2014, 03:29 PM

Leave Craig where he is alongside Robertson. The back 4 will be the same so it's a case of who player in the 4 places up top.

Harris Handling Allan or Kennedy

Farid

Unless Stubbs has seen something in Heff but can't see it.

Maybe even Cummings for Heff. But really think Handling will come back into the team.

bigwheel
16-08-2014, 03:31 PM

Take arguably our best player so far , and move him out of position to accommodate Stanton - you sure ?

Flanny boy
16-08-2014, 03:35 PM
Really need to get the left back position sorted out, Stevenson is no left back.
Correct young man correct

bingo70
16-08-2014, 04:11 PM

I thought the same but I think he's looked pretty steady against the rangers and Livingston.

I'd go with...

Oxley

Gray
Forster
Hanlon
Stevenson

Craig
Robertson

Harris
Handling or Allan
Kennedy

El algooly

Sounds like their full backs are their to be got at So I don't want Stanton or Allan out there.

bigwheel
16-08-2014, 04:32 PM

Stevenson has barely put a foot wrong in preseason or in our competitive games ...but feel free to bring out the generic "opinion"

we are hibs
16-08-2014, 04:38 PM
Same team that started against livi and hopefully the same first half performance in both halves tomorrow

JJP
16-08-2014, 04:38 PM
Regardless of who plays I'm a bit concerned with the lack of height in the team. Hearts have the better of us in that regard so I'd be telling them to avoid giving corners away at all costs.

EdinMike
16-08-2014, 04:44 PM
Maybe this might be the season the Standard Stevenson Slaverers finally see the guy hardly ever puts a foot wrong.. Tries harder than any other wage thief we've had and one of the few players who cares as much as we do...

Doubt it :rolleyes:

hibbymick
16-08-2014, 04:44 PM
Stevenson has barely put a foot wrong in preseason or in our competitive games ...but feel free to bring out the generic "opinion"

Imo he was partly at fault for the rangers goal. He's decent cover but definately not a left back.

Aldo
16-08-2014, 04:47 PM
Imo he was partly at fault for the rangers goal. He's decent cover but definately not a left back.

I would say Stanton and very poor keeping contributed more to losing the goal than Lewis.

bigwheel
16-08-2014, 04:49 PM
Maybe this might be the season the Standard Stevenson Slaverers finally see the guy hardly ever puts a foot wrong.. Tries harder than any other wage thief we've had and one of the few players who cares as much as we do...

I honestly think some don't really watch his contributions ... They've already made up their minds

bigwheel
16-08-2014, 04:51 PM

Stevenson had a good game at Ibrox . Was by no means at fault for the goal (Stanton lost his man , keeper let it go
Under his body ) and was strong again last week

hibbymick
16-08-2014, 04:53 PM
I would say Stanton and very poor keeping contributed more to losing the goal than Lewis.

I will need to look at it again, I was sure he deserted his post to come inside.

Aldo
16-08-2014, 04:54 PM
I will need to look at it again, I was sure he deserted his post to come inside.

Deserted his post now that made me laugh. Yeah he was pulled inside but nope not gonnae get into this again.

I'll agree to disagree on this.

Golden Bear
16-08-2014, 04:55 PM

:agree:

Totally agree. Lewis is the original professionals professional who is appreciated by his fellow teammates and numerous different Hibernian Managers but sadly not by a few experts on Hibs Net.

bingo70
16-08-2014, 05:04 PM
I've never really bought into thus argument, ah but he gives everything every week, ultimate professional bla bla bla. That should be the minimum we can expect from a player.

I defended him on thus thread as I think he's done alright at left back this season but I stand by my previous years criticism that when he played in midfield he hasn't contributed enough, other than effort.

Anyway, we're getting away from the point but I just get annoyed at the suggestion that anybody that ever dares criticise him it's because there's some agenda against him. There's not.

A lot of his criticism comes on the back of over the top praise in games when he's been bang average.

But aye, I'd play him at left back tomorrow.

hibbymick
16-08-2014, 05:14 PM
Deserted his post now that made me laugh. Yeah he was pulled inside but nope not gonnae get into this again.

Pulled inside to cover someone who was already covered IMO. But I'm no gonna argue either.

hibbymick
16-08-2014, 05:24 PM
I've never really bought into thus argument, ah but he gives everything every week, ultimate professional bla bla bla. That should be the minimum we can expect from a player.

I defended him on thus thread as I think he's done alright at left back this season but I stand by my previous years criticism that when he played in midfield he hasn't contributed enough, other than effort.

Anyway, we're getting away from the point but I just get annoyed at the suggestion that anybody that ever dares criticise him it's because there's some agenda against him. There's not.

A lot of his criticism comes on the back of over the top praise in games when he's been bang average.

But aye, I'd play him at left back tomorrow.

I would agree with all of that.

ahibby
16-08-2014, 05:44 PM

I thought so too but the way Sam Stanton has been playing maybe he can be excused I'd start with Scott Allen in place of Stanton but I haven't seen much of the former so what would I know.

Brightside
16-08-2014, 05:49 PM

Stevenson could well play every game this season - at LB - and still many people will say he's not a good LB and we should play Booth. Every game this season he's been one of our better players. But wait and see what happens on here if he dare make one single mistake!

Aldo
16-08-2014, 05:53 PM
Stevenson could well play every game this season - at LB - and still many people will say he's not a good LB and we should play Booth. Every game this season he's been one of our better players. But wait and see what happens on here if he dare make one single mistake!

Underscore spot on. I hope he does play every week tbh.

hibbymick
16-08-2014, 05:55 PM

It would seem he's a better natural left back than booth in Stubbs eyes. But I'm also sure Stevenson has said its not his best position.

bingo70
16-08-2014, 06:24 PM

People would say he was tremendous, fantastic etc and anybody that dared to disagree would be accused of having an agenda against him.