PDA

View Full Version : Free £5 bet from Marathon for ST holders

The_Exile
15-08-2014, 04:57 PM
I usually bin these but got a wee email through from the club this afternoon with the above for ST holders, going to stick it on a Hibs win and any winnings getting donated to Kicks for Kids, who's gonna join me? :thumbsup:

Never used one of these free bets before, I'm assuming there will be various conditions attached, I take it you won't get the stake back? Odds off 11/4 at the moment so will get around £13 odds back if victorious.

Linky link http://hibernian.marathonbet.co.uk/competition/?pref=hibernianfc_newsletter

bighairyfaeleith
15-08-2014, 06:11 PM
***** company to bet with, never using them again.

1875HFC
15-08-2014, 07:17 PM
which number is the season ticket number?

The_Exile
15-08-2014, 07:30 PM
I used the client reference number.

HibeeMassive
15-08-2014, 07:58 PM
When I registered, a few weeks ago, I got a verification email from them a couple of days later. They wanted copies of birth cert / driving license and some other info, plus if your betting with a credit/debit card, a scanned copy of the front of the card..

Seemed a bit strange to me, so they got heehaw - but my account is still active for now.

I've tried to take them up on the free bet today though so we'll see how that goes.

Time For Heroes
16-08-2014, 08:22 AM
When I registered, a few weeks ago, I got a verification email from them a couple of days later. They wanted copies of birth cert / driving license and some other info, plus if your betting with a credit/debit card, a scanned copy of the front of the card..

Seemed a bit strange to me, so they got heehaw - but my account is still active for now.

I've tried to take them up on the free bet today though so we'll see how that goes.

To be honest mate that seems fairly common practice now.
Had the same nonsense with Ladbrokes during the World Cup, when I tried to withdraw money the froze my account for 7 days, I had to provide the details you mentioned or the money stayed in my account.
Its a massive pain in the arse, the ironic thing thing was I couldn't withdraw money as I needed to prove my age, However I could deposit money to bet with.
Work that out....

bingo70
16-08-2014, 08:31 AM
Anyone download the app for android phones?

It's absolutely honking. Just withdrew my deposit abd don't think I'll even bother with my free bet.

The_Exile
16-08-2014, 11:37 AM
The site is a nightmare, but got my free bet on a Hibs win, 16 quid back when we pump them. If every adult ST holder on here done that and sent the money to Kicks for Kids, you're talking hundreds. Not bad for 5 mins of your time!!!

SunshineOnLeith
16-08-2014, 02:48 PM
These free bet offers usually require the winnings to be staked a certain number of times before withdrawing, so I doubt it's as simple as Hibs win - withdraw cash. Unless the nature of this one is different given the ST holder offer.

Sudds_1
16-08-2014, 05:43 PM
To be honest mate that seems fairly common practice now.
Had the same nonsense with Ladbrokes during the World Cup, when I tried to withdraw money the froze my account for 7 days, I had to provide the details you mentioned or the money stayed in my account.
Its a massive pain in the arse, the ironic thing thing was I couldn't withdraw money as I needed to prove my age, However I could deposit money to bet with.
Work that out....

The basic ID stuff is and I can provide all of that and have doe t other on line companies........but a copy of the front of your card? I've pointed out them that this almost completely contravenes the FSA and other advice on card safety and cloning..............and asked then to offer me another alternative. Annoying since I've got 45 quid on winnings to collect. But they can keep that. I'm not risking my bank amount being cloned for anybody - and certainly not for 45 quid!

The_Exile
16-08-2014, 06:54 PM

I've just got the exact same email you seem to have got, that's pretty poor form considering I could've opened the account and stuck a hundred quid in it, placed a bet and then can't get the winnings until I scan about a dozen forms of ID. I've only ever used Betfair or Bet 365 and never had to send anything like that away.

Sudds_1
16-08-2014, 07:37 PM
I've just got the exact same email you seem to have got, that's pretty poor form considering I could've opened the account and stuck a hundred quid in it, placed a bet and then can't get the winnings until I scan about a dozen forms of ID. I've only ever used Betfair or Bet 365 and never had to send anything like that away.

Yeah.........I'm disputing the card copy with them as we speak..........looking also to copy in Leann D (if I can find her email address). She ought to be aware of this.......and the potential risks to Hibs supporters

Wouldn't have gone near them if this hadn't been Hibs related with a wee gift. But a free fiver bet aint worth getting your card cloned.

wearethehibs
16-08-2014, 09:01 PM
The basic ID stuff is and I can provide all of that and have doe t other on line companies........but a copy of the front of your card? I've pointed out them that this almost completely contravenes the FSA and other advice on card safety and cloning..............and asked then to offer me another alternative. Annoying since I've got 45 quid on winnings to collect. But they can keep that. I'm not risking my bank amount being cloned for anybody - and certainly not for 45 quid!

Marathon are a joke.

When I went to withdraw I had to provide the above. Noticed though they don't need to see all the numbers on the front of the card. So I sent them a pic with the numbers not required blurred out.