PDA

View Full Version : Free school kids tickets for Falkirk

Yuillsy
15-08-2014, 04:15 PM
My daughter started in primary 1 at Duddingston this week. This afternoon I got a text from the school saying they had been given tickets by Hibs for the Falkirk game to be distributed amongst the kids.
I'm not sure if this has happened before but I think it's a brilliant gesture by Hibs and something which will surely encourage more families to go along.
Hopefully this is a success and something which helps build the fanbase and introduce kids to football can only be good.
Good work Hibs!

Gettin' Auld
15-08-2014, 04:19 PM
My daughter started in primary 1 at Duddingston this week. This afternoon I got a text from the school saying they had been given tickets by Hibs for the Falkirk game to be distributed amongst the kids.
I'm not sure if this has happened before but I think it's a brilliant gesture by Hibs and something which will surely encourage more families to go along.
Hopefully this is a success and something which helps build the fanbase and introduce kids to football can only be good.
Good work Hibs!
It happened the last team we dropped down a league too. It's a great idea though and something we should do more often, given the size of the stadium now.

madabouthibs
15-08-2014, 04:39 PM
Yup, I'd sooner see some of the spaces filled with young families rather than empty seats.
There again, I'd rather we didn't have to give tickets away to fill the stadium!

Hibeesmad
15-08-2014, 04:40 PM
I would like to see the corners of the ground filled a lot more as they just look like a waste empty

Glorious St Pat
15-08-2014, 04:43 PM
I would like to see the corners of the ground filled a lot more as they just look like a waste empty

Hibs regularly give out tickets to charitable groups and social workers. Last year my daughter at St Johns received tickets for the 2-2 Motherwell game.

matty_f
15-08-2014, 04:57 PM
I think it's a brilliant idea.

There's a huge number of former Edinburgh residents in places like Dunfermline as well, Hibs could do worse than try and capture some of that market as well.

Glorious St Pat
15-08-2014, 05:13 PM
Part of the latest working together plan to spread the Hibernian gospel? There was a meeting last Saturday at the club. Couldn't go but aim to get involved...problem I've got is there are far too many hunts and egg chasers at my school.

weecounty hibby
15-08-2014, 05:30 PM
Part of the latest working together plan to spread the Hibernian gospel? There was a meeting last Saturday at the club. Couldn't go but aim to get involved...problem I've got is there are far too many hunts and egg chasers at my school.

You can be an egg chaser and a Hibby while at school!! I played rugby for the school in the morning and went to watch Hibs in the afternoon. Then played rugby for Alloa through age levels on a Sunday.
This is great idea from Hibs and they should do more of it

PatHead
15-08-2014, 05:57 PM
As has been mentioned above Hibs have been giving tickets out for some time through the Community Foundation just not telling anyone about it.

Leeann is initiating a strategy which will involve Hibs interacting with schools on a number of levels such as healthy eating, training with players, visits to the stadium and East Mains, encouraging people to live healthily. She aims for the stadium to be used 7 day a week. The tickets will be made available to most schools over the season as part of the strategy.

Once the new people are in place at the foundation you ill hear more and more of these things.

I have heard Herts give 2 season tickets to all schools in Edinburgh. Can anyone confirm?

PatHead
15-08-2014, 08:52 PM
I think it's a brilliant idea.

There's a huge number of former Edinburgh residents in places like Dunfermline as well, Hibs could do worse than try and capture some of that market as well.

Sure we will get there eventually after the 111 schools in Edinburgh :)