PDA

View Full Version : Gallacher injured for Sunday

steviehibsleith
15-08-2014, 02:38 PM
Hear their goalie is out injured for Sunday and will have to revert to a Youngster if they cannot get someone quick.

The omens in our favour

Greencore
15-08-2014, 02:39 PM
Hear their goalie is out injured for Sunday and will have to revert to a Youngster if they cannot get someone quick.

The omens n our favour
"Pleasing"

Green Man
15-08-2014, 02:48 PM
How often do we hear they've got a player injured before a derby? I'll believe it when I see it.

JimBHibees
15-08-2014, 02:49 PM
How often do we hear they've got a player injured before a derby? I'll believe it when I see it.

Yep sounds like the usual stuff. Given the window is open nothing stopping them getting a loan player or short term agreement if this is true..

SteveHFC
15-08-2014, 02:53 PM
http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/topic/143500-gallacher/

steviehibsleith
15-08-2014, 02:58 PM
Yep sounds like the usual stuff. Given the window is open nothing stopping them getting a loan player or short term agreement if this is true..
True but you have to sign him and sure the SFA offices are shut at weekend

brog
15-08-2014, 02:59 PM

The omens in our favour

I would rather Gallacher played. He faced one shot from The Rangers & let it in. Knowing them they'll get the next Joe Hart in on loan for one game!

JimBHibees
15-08-2014, 02:59 PM
True but you have to sign him and sure the SFA offices are shut at weekend

I think they can be made to open just depends who is doing the knocking. :greengrin

JimBHibees
15-08-2014, 03:00 PM
I would rather Gallacher played. He faced one shot from The Rangers & let it in. Knowing them they'll get the next Joe Hart in on loan for one game!

Which he clearly should have saved.

Hermit Crab
15-08-2014, 03:02 PM
MInd games. Wait until the lineup is anounced on Sunday lads.

Hibee87
15-08-2014, 03:02 PM
I actually think there could be truth in this......It wouldnt really affect our game plan if it was made up bull, not as much as if an outfield player was injured i.e sow, or wilson etc

Hermit Crab
15-08-2014, 03:06 PM
Plus they have signed a keeper called Lee Hollis from Motherwell.

Diclonius
15-08-2014, 03:06 PM
Ain't happening. He will play.

Doesn't matter if it is a youngster anyway, he will be just as fired up as the rest of them. We'll still have to play to our best.

SteveHFC
15-08-2014, 03:08 PM

Boooooooo :(

lord bunberry
15-08-2014, 03:08 PM
Whoever plays will have a sore back form picking the ball out the net so often

hfc-1875
15-08-2014, 03:15 PM
Read there thread about 'betting on Sunday' and I hope for once we pump them on their own patch. There all saying 3-0, 4-0 and so on so I hope we bring them right back down to earth. They beat a horrible rangers team and think they are going to walk the league.

Michael
15-08-2014, 03:16 PM
Levein must have taught Neilson that one.

SMAXXA
15-08-2014, 03:20 PM

where did you see that?

tamig
15-08-2014, 03:24 PM
Alexander will be wheeled out wearing a crash helmet.

Hibee87
15-08-2014, 03:25 PM
Here SMAXXA - http://www.heartsfc.co.uk/articles/20140815/lees-a-keeper-for-robbie_2241384_4076099

Smartie
15-08-2014, 03:26 PM

My thoughts exactly.

They've always seemed to have half-decent keepers over the years and that young lad that went on on Sunday should have stopped the The Rangers goal. I got a fair bit more optimistic about the derby when I saw him.

Pretty Boy
15-08-2014, 03:28 PM
Jeez shows how far they have fallen.

For years it was always Robertson who made miravulous recoveries before derbies, then we beat them a few times. Then it was Skacel, a prick but undoubtedly a talented player. Now the are reduced to mind games about their 2nd choice goalkeeper.

Hermit Crab
15-08-2014, 03:39 PM
Read there thread about 'betting on Sunday' and I hope for once we pump them on their own patch. There all saying 3-0, 4-0 and so on so I hope we bring them right back down to earth. They beat a horrible rangers team and think they are going to walk the league.

That could happen to be fair.

HIBERNIAN-0762
15-08-2014, 03:43 PM
http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/topic/143500-gallacher/

What a bunch of deluded fannies they are, just what are they drinking?

:bitchy:

Viva_Palmeiras
15-08-2014, 04:05 PM

This.

hibee wisdom #6207 Never underestimate the jammy-gittedness of the yams even if it turns out to be true...

Golden Bear
15-08-2014, 04:08 PM
http://sport.stv.tv/football/288502-hearts-sign-goalkeeper-lee-hollis-with-scott-gallacher-a-doubt-for-derby/

Ozyhibby
15-08-2014, 04:11 PM
Having to sign the new goalie may mean they have no budget left to sign a replacement defender for Patterson.
:-)

marti1875
15-08-2014, 04:14 PM
Having to sign the new goalie may mean they have no budget left to sign a replacement defender for Patterson.
:-)

http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/hearts-hand-trial-to-ex-manchester-united-defender-1-3510503

Headline makes him out to be better...played 1 time for them in a league cup game about 2008

weecounty hibby
15-08-2014, 04:17 PM
This.

hibee wisdom #6207 Never underestimate the jammy-gittedness of the yams even if it turns out to be true...
This. There cant be another club in the world who get so many lucky breaks as they do, especially against us. With all that luck its no wonder they have won dozens of league titles and cups as well as the champs league

big-mo
15-08-2014, 04:30 PM
Hearts have signed ex-well keeper Lee Hollis on short term deal.

Hibeesmad
15-08-2014, 04:33 PM
I'm not too fussed about who is in goals for them, as long as we are creating chances the goals will come

trev the hat
15-08-2014, 04:33 PM
As long as none of our players are out that will do me.

sbell1875
15-08-2014, 05:13 PM
That Hollis boy is horrific so hopefully he does play.

CRAZYHIBBY
15-08-2014, 05:21 PM
Same old story with hearts. .bet alexander will suddenly be fit

emerald green
15-08-2014, 05:25 PM
I honestly cannot recall ever seeing a Yam goalie having a nightmare of a game against Hibs. Unlike some of the recent clowns Hibs have had in goal playing against them - Zibi, Maka etc - virtually chucking them in.

Maybe there's a first time for everything though. I live in hope.

Smartie
15-08-2014, 05:30 PM
I honestly cannot recall ever seeing a Yam goalie having a nightmare of a game against Hibs. Unlike some of the recent clowns Hibs have had in goal playing against them - Zibi, Maka etc - virtually chucking them in.

I was trying to think of one and the only one I could think of was the 10 men game at Easter Road when Brebner was sent off. Tepi Moilanen (sp??) really didn't cover himself in glory at the winning goal although GOC hit it well.

IIRC Craig Gordon made his first-team debut for them the following week.

Pretty Boy
15-08-2014, 05:36 PM

There's been a few I can recall.

I remember Craig Nelson having a horror show at ER in the 90s, Antti Niemi gifted us the 3rd goal with a poor kick out in the millenium derby, Moilanen let O'Connors last minute winner slip under his body, Roddy McKenzie gifted us at least 1 goal in the 4-4 game.

There's not been many recently, we' ve had far more, but they have been lucky enought to have some very good keepers lately.

emerald green
15-08-2014, 05:36 PM
I was trying to think of one and the only one I could think of was the 10 men game at Easter Road when Brebner was sent off. Tepi Moilanen (sp??) really didn't cover himself in glory at the winning goal although GOC hit it well.

IIRC Craig Gordon made his first-team debut for them the following week.

Yea mate, I really tried hard to think of one. I vaguely recall the guy you mentioned (I wonder what became of him? Na who cares) but I'm not sure he was in the same bracket as the pair I mentioned earlier.

emerald green
15-08-2014, 05:41 PM
There's been a few I can recall.

I remember Craig Nelson having a horror show at ER in the 90s, Antti Niemi gifted us the 3rd goal with a poor kick out in the millenium derby, Moilanen let O'Connors last minute winner slip under his body, Roddy McKenzie gifted us at least 1 goal in the 4-4 game.

There's not been many recently, we' ve had far more, but they have been lucky enought to have some very good keepers lately.

OK thanks for reminding me of those ones PB. Your powers of recall are clearly better than mine! Smartie also reminded me about Moilanen.

Here's hoping for one or two more gaffs from whoever is in goal for them on Sunday. :aok:

Pretty Boy
15-08-2014, 05:42 PM
OK thanks for reminding me of those ones PB. Your powers of recall are clearly better than mine! Smartie also reminded me about Moilanen.

Here's hoping for one or two more gaffs from whoever is in goal for them on Sunday. :aok:

If Hollis is in goals I expect another gaffe to add to the list. He's honking.

simple
15-08-2014, 05:45 PM
[QUOTE=emerald green;4128645]OK thanks for reminding me of those ones PB. Your powers of recall are clearly better than mine! Smartie also reminded me about Moilanen.

Here's hoping for one or two more gaffs from whoever is in goal for them on

Did Henry Smith not let one go through his legs or was that not against us?

Smartie
15-08-2014, 05:48 PM
If Hollis is in goals I expect another gaffe to add to the list. He's honking.

Or the guy Gallacher playing with a slightly gammy ankle. That's got iffy clearance from passback written all over it.

I think I might prefer a scabby win by the odd goal involving a goalkeeping howler or refereeing mistake to an outright pumping of them. Although either would do.

EastCalderHibby
15-08-2014, 07:17 PM
This. There cant be another club in the world who get so many lucky breaks as they do, especially against us. With all that luck its no wonder they have won dozens of league titles and cups as well as the champs league

dont forget the war :agree:

Canongatehibs
15-08-2014, 10:51 PM

That's three first team experienced gk's they now have. Quite incredible.

NadeAteMyLunch!
15-08-2014, 11:05 PM
Even when we pumped six past them, their keeper was man of the mach(Neimi)

Springbank
15-08-2014, 11:19 PM
I remember Simon brown ushering lee millers header into the corner of the net (thinking, wrongly, it was going wide)

Jeepers Keepers

Thankfully shiels & Goc sealed the win tho konte and humphrey rudge were the difference that night

SteveHFC
15-08-2014, 11:21 PM
I remember Simon brown ushering lee millers header into the corner of the net (thinking, wrongly, it was going wide)

Jeepers Keepers

Thankfully shiels & Goc sealed the win tho konte and humphrey rudge were the difference that night

Rudge never played that night mate ;)

Absolute scenes in the away end when Shiels scored

Nevi_SOL
16-08-2014, 02:21 AM

Jeepers Keepers

Ahh my first derby at ***********

Pretty Boy
16-08-2014, 04:15 AM

Was absolutely mental when Shiels goal went in. I ended up about 8 rows from where I started. I'm sure I remember the Police match commander criticising Garry O'Connor the next day for his celebration and saying the Hibs end was 'bordering on hysteria'.

blackpoolhibs
16-08-2014, 08:03 AM
Was absolutely mental when Shiels goal went in. I ended up about 8 rows from where I started. I'm sure I remember the Police match commander criticising Garry O'Connor the next day for his celebration and saying the Hibs end was 'bordering on hysteria'.

Probably the drunkest i and a few of the lancashire lot have ever been at a football match ever, Boltonhibs was actually run over on the way to the game after coming out the roseburn.

He went right over the car bonnet roof and off the back of the car and couldnt remember it the next day.

It was a hell of a drive home.

Aldo
16-08-2014, 08:24 AM
Most import thing is to test him early and make sure if anything is spilled from his grasp we have a player right on top of him to pick up loose balls and to give him a clatter.

HibbyAndy
16-08-2014, 09:14 AM
Even when we pumped six past them, their keeper was man of the mach(Neimi)

Tell's you absolutely everything you need to know about that night.

Hibs absolute battered them that night.

Blocks Biloxi
16-08-2014, 10:45 AM

This! The walk back into town was brilliant. Also weirdly remember being on the receiving end of Nazi salutes outside the Tynecastle Arms.

truehibernian
16-08-2014, 10:46 AM
That's three first team experienced gk's they now have. Quite incredible.

Hollis is small for a goalkeeper and very suspect at crosses - basically he is a keeper often rooted to his line.

Plenty wide play please Hibs and balls into the area.

emerald green
16-08-2014, 11:03 AM

:agree: If it wasn't for their keeper and a large slice of luck it could very easily have been ten (10) goals in the back of their net.

Hermit Crab
16-08-2014, 11:14 AM

http://youtu.be/Q9aFmJPsP3I

NadeAteMyLunch!
16-08-2014, 11:53 AM

No dodgy penalties, no dodgy red cards, no 11 v 10 for 45 minutes, no deflected goals, no financial cheating. Just a good old fashioned pumping.

They've got a nerve singing 'it could have been 10' with regards to the final. It could have been 20 that Sunday night

silverhibee
16-08-2014, 01:06 PM
Probably the drunkest i and a few of the lancashire lot have ever been at a football match ever, Boltonhibs was actually run over on the way to the game after coming out the roseburn.

He went right over the car bonnet roof and off the back of the car and couldnt remember it the next day.

It was a hell of a drive home.

Were you driving when you hit BoltonHibs. :tee hee:

Springbank
16-08-2014, 04:24 PM

Memory playing tricks re: Humphrey!

I spent half that game commentating on the phone to Hibs.net Brazilian exile The Green Goblin

Along the lines of "cross...big amadooooo...POST...DEAN SHIELS!!!!!!!!" and then my voice packed in

Good times

Crops73
16-08-2014, 04:59 PM
Whoever plays will have a sore back form picking the ball out the net so often

:greengrin

If we get one I'll be a happy Hibby :flag::flag: