PDA

View Full Version : Bars in Krakow

Tranent Hibby
15-08-2014, 09:56 AM
Looking for a decent bar to watch the Derby near Narket Square folks

Marty-Hibee
15-08-2014, 09:59 AM
I was there during the world cup, there's an "English" bar (minus the England badge at the front it's just a regular sports bar). That would be a decent bet, it's just off the Main Square, on "ul. Mikołajska 5". An amazing selection of Vodka as well.

Tranent Hibby
15-08-2014, 10:01 AM
Thanks bud was in there last night but they are not showing it thanks though

TowerHibs
15-08-2014, 10:03 AM
I was there during the world cup, there's an "English" bar (minus the England badge at the front it's just a regular sports bar). That would be a decent bet, it's just off the Main Square, on "ul. Mikołajska 5". An amazing selection of Vodka as well.

were you on the double cherry vodkas by any chance??? Or just stick with the Ruby Reds in "Skyscrappers"

Marty-Hibee
15-08-2014, 10:12 AM
were you on the double cherry vodkas by any chance??? Or just stick with the Ruby Reds in "Skyscrappers"

Hahaha I may or may not have seen away a few double cherry vodkas and a skyscraper ruby red!

TowerHibs
15-08-2014, 10:33 AM
Hahaha I may or may not have seen away a few double cherry vodkas and a skyscraper ruby red!

I may or may not have been dabbling with you in those shinnanigins

s2hart
15-08-2014, 10:43 AM
Great place Krakow, was there a few years ago playing football, these places won't show the game but try Paparazzi the best hangover Bloody Mary's also the waitresses were like models! Also near it is the Black Gallery Bar it was next to our hotel(I think) we always ended up back there at all times in the morning, good craic inside from what I remember, especially the night I left with 2 birds and nearly missed my flight home the next day!!

TowerHibs
15-08-2014, 10:48 AM
Great place Krakow, was there a few years ago playing football, these places won't show the game but try Paparazzi the best hangover Bloody Mary's also the waitresses were like models! Also near it is the Black Gallery Bar it was next to our hotel(I think) we always ended up back there at all times in the morning, good craic inside from what I remember, especially the night I left with 2 birds and nearly missed my flight home the next day!!
to be fair mate 80% of the birds are like models.

The base line of average over there is considerably much higher than ours

hibs0666
15-08-2014, 11:14 AM
to be fair mate 80% of the birds are like models.

The base line of average over there is considerably much higher than ours

Do you think they'd go for the fat-man foldeover look?

zlatan
15-08-2014, 11:49 AM
I watched the first derby of last season (then the charity shield, then some GAA, then a Championship game, then the last day of some golf tournament that Jason Dufner won) in an Irish bar just off the square last year. I don't know the name or remember where it was but the bill at the end was really cheap, I think.

Bristolhibby
15-08-2014, 11:56 AM
My old man watched the playoff game in an Irish bar.

Just had a look through his Facebook check-ins and its called Irish Mbassy.

Its on
Stolarska 3,
31-043 Krakow

I just googled those directions and it comes up, its just off the main square and has a load of screens.

Heres the website

http://www.irishmbassy.com/

Hope this helps.

GGTTH

J

andyf5
15-08-2014, 12:35 PM
I went to this Irish bar when in Krakow

http://podpapugami.krakow.pl/index.php/podpapugami/contact/en

They do Irish/British food as well if you feel the need - it's the bar the ex-pats go to and folk are friendly.

hibeeleicester
15-08-2014, 01:23 PM
I was there in May, Irish Mbassy is your best bet. Multiple screens an pretty cheap!

Tranent Hibby
15-08-2014, 05:55 PM
Irish Mbassy it is then I'm in there now on a wee test run
Thanks folks
GGTTH

One Day Soon
15-08-2014, 05:59 PM
Irish Mbassy it is then I'm in there now on a wee test run
Thanks folks
GGTTH

Well we need a running commentary from you now.........

Holmesdale Hibs
15-08-2014, 09:51 PM
I went to this Irish bar when in Krakow

http://podpapugami.krakow.pl/index.php/podpapugami/contact/en

They do Irish/British food as well if you feel the need - it's the bar the ex-pats go to and folk are friendly.

I went there for a game as well. Agree with you're summary. It was alright but left as soon as the football finished.

Cool place, sure you'll enjoy it.

Walter
16-08-2014, 08:41 AM
There was a Scottish bar called Cheers when I was there in 2012 on ul.Grodska just off main square if I recall

NAE NOOKIE
16-08-2014, 09:11 AM
Watched a Scotland match in the Irish bar a few years ago ....the place was full of Scots downstairs and English upstairs watching their game, it was mental but friendly.

Most folk visit Auschwitz ..... but if you do, visit the salt mines too ........ you couldn't find better examples of mans extreme cruelty and mans sublime artistic ability so close together anywhere else in the world.

allezsauzee
16-08-2014, 10:08 AM
Would definitely recommend Irish mbassy. It's cheap, great atmosphere and huge screen upstairs

Last Minute
16-08-2014, 10:11 AM
The bull which in in the main square has about 2 or 3 large screen with all sky etc. great bar. Would will defo see it there