PDA

View Full Version : Predictions for Sunday

SteveHFC
15-08-2014, 12:54 AM
2-1 Hibs.

Sow to score for them. Alagui to score the 1st hibs goal and Tudur-Jones to come off the bench and score the winner :agree:

Callum_62
15-08-2014, 01:26 AM
Im actually strangely unconfident about Sunday

I thought Hearts looked a very solid outfit at Ibrox, while we struggled 2nd half against Livi

Id accept a draw

Come 11.30pm NZ time of Sunday night though, i'll be screaming "get into this shower if shi...."

:flag:

Forever_Green93
15-08-2014, 02:33 AM
0-0 or 1-1

EdinMike
15-08-2014, 02:37 AM
1-0 them. Sow to score, obviously. Tudor-Jones to run and get me a Bovril at HT then back to the bench...

Pete
15-08-2014, 04:11 AM
0-1 to us.

Sick of hearing so many of us bending over for this Sow after seeing him play once. He's suddenly the black Careca and will undoubtedly score because he is a prominent hearts player.

Well I predict that we'll take care of him and he'll end up like the last huddy they had up front who so many were terrified of.

Time to grow some balls and stop having fear as the automatic reaction when it comes to the cheats. The dice isn't loaded any more.

skipster7
15-08-2014, 04:15 AM
Careca was black surely ;-)

Steve20
15-08-2014, 05:07 AM
They'll win 1 or 2-0. They have a solid enough looking side and I still think we're too soft at the back as well as needing another striker.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
15-08-2014, 05:14 AM
Had a dream we won 3-1.

However, think they'll win 2-0.

Waxy
15-08-2014, 05:55 AM
We will have a player booked in the first fifteen minutes for an ordinary tackle. Doubt we'll finish with ten. It's a big derby so they'll defo have the officials giving them everything.

Forza Fred
15-08-2014, 06:24 AM
If Oxley has a bad day, we'll struggle to score

HH81
15-08-2014, 06:28 AM
Its about time we stopped bottling it v them. 1-2 Hibs.

3pm
15-08-2014, 06:33 AM
Get tore into them.

6-0 to Hibs.

DarlingtonHibee
15-08-2014, 06:37 AM
As much as it pains me to say it - I would take a draw now. They always seem more up for it than us.

Anyway I wish all the fans a great day out, my lad and I will be watching in Sharm, but get right behind the team - come on the cabbage !!:greengrin

Pretty Boy
15-08-2014, 06:44 AM
1-1.

GlenrothesHibee
15-08-2014, 06:48 AM
I think we will play all the football however hearts will be too strong. Im saying 1-0 Hearts but if we get the first goal then id be confident

lucky
15-08-2014, 06:53 AM
Get tore into them.

6-0 to Hibs.

Only decent post on this thread. We should be going their to hammer them. Too any Hibbies have a defeatist attitude

DarlingtonHibee
15-08-2014, 07:00 AM
Lucky

Of course we want to win, but I think Stubbs would take a draw now.

They are always more up for it than us - lets hope that changes Sunday.

Zazu62
15-08-2014, 07:15 AM
2-0 to the yaks

Hibeesmad
15-08-2014, 07:16 AM
Hearts 1-2 Hibs. El Alagui first goal

marinello59
15-08-2014, 07:17 AM
2-1 to Hibs.

Ronniekirk
15-08-2014, 07:31 AM
Only decent post on this thread. We should be going their to hammer them. Too any Hibbies have a defeatist attitude
Agree we should be going there to win .However to do that we need to take our chances and be resilient and mentally strong when they are on top or if they score first .Too many times last season we didn't take our chances and when they got thier one lucky goal you could see the confidence drain from the team ,heads went down and you just knew we weren't going on to take anything from game .
Stubbs is aware of the mental fragility issue from last season and will have been working on this and keeping the ball in the Livingston half in injury time while not pretty was effective in helping us see out game .
Hearts will be favourites and thier fans will expect a win but think Stubbs will have some game tactics up his sleeve that will make this a more difficult game than they expect Am hoping we can spring a surprise but like a lot of others posting a Draw may be what we have to settle for . 2. 2

TRC
15-08-2014, 07:40 AM
I'll go for a 3-3

Turkish Green
15-08-2014, 07:40 AM
It will probably depend on who Gollum sends off. Because we all know that he will. Whoever plays RB for them should be put under pressure as they will crack and get carded.

Anyway, regardless of the officials, Hibs will dominate the first half without scoring. Sow will score just after HT and despite Hibs control of midfield they do not put pressure on the yams' goal. They go on to score a 2nd from a breakaway just before FT. 2-0 to them.

#FromTheCapital
15-08-2014, 07:44 AM
2-2

Cameron1875
15-08-2014, 07:46 AM
3-3

PeeJay
15-08-2014, 08:02 AM
I expect us to get beat - I'll be mighty surprised if we get a point ...

Albanian Hibs
15-08-2014, 08:03 AM
4-0 Hibs

Green Reaper
15-08-2014, 08:47 AM
2-0 for the cabbage

ahibby
15-08-2014, 08:51 AM
I'm not confident of our chances. As has been said Hearts have been preparing for this league all of last season while we dropped like a stone during the last two months of it and are not as well prepared. However, the return of Danny Handling I see as a plus and Heffernan having another game under his belt can only be a positive. Sam Stanton has missed chances in his last two and unless he has shown something different in training I wouldn't be surprised if he is on the bench and Danny takes over from him. A midfield of Handling, Harris, Robertson and Craig, could be interesting. I don't go along with our defence being soft. Forster and Handling can take care of themselves and Gray is more than competent. Lewis always gives 100% apart from games against Hearts when he gives 200%. Heffernan and El A up front will give Hearts something to think about. I'm a wee bit more confident now and perhaps we can get a draw.

R'Albin
15-08-2014, 08:56 AM
As much as it pains me to say it - I would take a draw now. They always seem more up for it than us.

Definitely, I'd bite your hand off for a draw at this point. Whilst there's been a lot of positive signs in the last couple of games it's clear we need strengthening and they look like they have a decent side.

15-08-2014, 09:00 AM
No doubt mr referee/linesman will give them their usual helping hand with some absolutely ridiculous call. But I think we will suprise hearts a bit. Was speaking to a few jambos during the week who are very confident that hearts will stroll the game. Which tbh is fine by me, I'd prefer going in as under dogs as everytime we have gone in as favourites it goes tits up.

Gus
15-08-2014, 09:00 AM
I think They will score 2. Dann Wilson from a set piece & I do think Sow will score.

Hope Farid gets a hat trick

3-2 Hibs for me

The_Exile
15-08-2014, 09:07 AM
Griffiths hattrick 3-1.

IMO ths game's got 0-0 written all over it. But then I say that about every derby :greengrin

emerald green
15-08-2014, 09:07 AM
The only prediction I will make is that most 50/50 decisions will go against Hibs. Even one's that should be in our favour - same thing.

Any major controversial incidents - penalties and/or ordering offs - guess what?

Sorry to sound so pessimistic, but that's just the way I feel after so many terrible decisions have gone against Hibs, particularly in this fixture, over the years and especially so in the last 3/4 seasons. It seems to be getting worse, or maybe I just remember the most recent one's more clearly?

I'm afraid the odds are stacked against Hibs. The only way Hibs will win on Sunday is to score a lot of goals (which aren't mysteriously chalked off) and I just can't see that happening with the team still very much in it's infancy trying to adapt to a totally new (and much better) style of play.

It's not that the Yams are a good team. Far from it. I've seen Hibs teams of the past, and not so recent past, who would destroy this lot. I would be happy to get a draw, sadly.

Brightside
15-08-2014, 10:01 AM
Lucky

Of course we want to win, but I think Stubbs would take a draw now.

They are always more up for it than us - lets hope that changes Sunday.
IF I ever hear that Stubbs "would take a draw now" from him prior to a game I will happily carry the bugger back to Everton. 3-1 Hibs. 2 for shuggy one for Hanlon and an OG

sixtwo
15-08-2014, 10:23 AM
3-1 hibs
Robertson
Farid
Harris

MrRobot
15-08-2014, 10:32 AM
Think the game will have quite a few goals. Gonna go for a 3-2 Hibs win.

JimBHibees
15-08-2014, 10:35 AM
Griffiths hattrick 3-1.

IMO ths game's got 0-0 written all over it. But then I say that about every derby :greengrin

Not sure about that think there will be goals as dont think either team is great defensively. Something like 2-2 I think.

ekhibee
15-08-2014, 10:54 AM
3-1 Hearts.

mim
15-08-2014, 11:42 AM
I think we will play all the football however hearts will be too strong. Im saying 1-0 Hearts but if we get the first goal then id be confident

Hibs to win by 3 or 4, with a bit of help from their keeper, who will be playing his last game for Hearts.

WeeRussell
15-08-2014, 11:49 AM
0 - 3 Hibs.

I have no doubt we are a better side than them and will finish above them in the league.

Let's start by putting them in their place on Sunday.

I f****ng hate those ****s.

IWasThere2016
15-08-2014, 11:57 AM
Never confident - always hoping for the best. I won't be watching.. hate these games.

heretoday
15-08-2014, 12:05 PM
I think Hibs are going to take Hearts to the cleaners on Sunday.

Northern Hibby
15-08-2014, 12:12 PM
0 - 3 Hibs.

I have no doubt we are a better side than them and will finish above them in the league.

Let's start by putting them in their place on Sunday.

I think Stubbs will have us up for it, he'll say "we'll treat it like any other match" blah blah blah, but he knows it's a derby, he knows what it means :gwa:

So I'm going for total dominance 2-0

GGTTH

HappyHibby93
15-08-2014, 12:21 PM
Think it will be a close game, and I could see a few goals. 2-3 Hibs.

kaimendhibs
15-08-2014, 12:24 PM
No score prediction but we will win!

Franck Stanton
15-08-2014, 01:54 PM
If the exact same 11 players were playing for say, Dundee/St Mirren/ Killie then yes, I would be confident of a win, however.....as we have repeatedly bottled it whenever we come up against that turd-coloured rag of a strip, [I am genuinely of the opinion they could put out 11 traffic cones with that strip on and we would lose], think we will be beat.[again]. HATE this fixture, HATE IT.

Onceinawhile
15-08-2014, 02:12 PM
1 goal in it either way. Maximum 3 goals. Sow to score just because we didn't sign him.

ahibby
15-08-2014, 02:14 PM
I think Hibs are going to take Hearts to the cleaners on Sunday.

They do need a good cleaning.

Stranraer
15-08-2014, 02:48 PM
They will score early and we'll get a last minute equaliser. 1-1

lord bunberry
15-08-2014, 03:40 PM
I fully except us to go there and beat them, they were garbage against the rangers and were lucky to finish with 11 players. From what I saw we've got nothing to fear from them.

Hermit Crab
15-08-2014, 03:42 PM
I fully except us to go there and beat them, they were garbage against the rangers and were lucky to finish with 11 players. From what I saw we've got nothing to fear from them.

That just isn't true. Hearts were not garbage. We are in for a tough game on Sunday.

allezsauzee
15-08-2014, 03:43 PM
5-1 to the Cabbage. 500/1 with Paddy Power. Lets ram it right up them Hibbies

:gwa:

Hermit Crab
15-08-2014, 03:46 PM
5-1 to the Cabbage. 500/1 with Paddy Power. Lets ram it right up them Hibbies

:gwa:

Just give the bet money to me mate.

allezsauzee
15-08-2014, 03:47 PM
Just give the bet money to me mate.

And will you pay me 500 times the stake in the event that we win 5-1? :greengrin

lord bunberry
15-08-2014, 03:57 PM
That just isn't true. Hearts were not garbage. We are in for a tough game on Sunday.

All they did was try and kick the rangers of the pitch.

NOLA
15-08-2014, 04:09 PM
All they did was try and kick the rangers of the pitch.
usually works against us too though :wink:

weecounty hibby
15-08-2014, 04:10 PM
Im not sure that playing the the hun is the benchmark right now as they are a poor team. We played them of the park for most of the match and were unlucky in the end with a poor decision helping them. Hearts played well against them in patches but hot lucky that they had no one sent off. Sunday is hard to call as I think that both of us have better than the hun, especially when it comes to managers and tactics for us. I think the difference may be made by the ref on Sunday unfortunately. Hopefully we will get the decisions in our favour for a change. I always believe in Hibs, so 2-1 to the good guys hopefully

Green Cabbage 7
15-08-2014, 04:22 PM
2-1 Hibs.

Sow to score for them. Alagui to score the 1st hibs goal and Tudur-Jones to come off the bench and score the winner :agree:

That's how I see it, except Cummings to get the winner

NAE NOOKIE
15-08-2014, 04:33 PM
2 - 0 to the Yams.

This game has come too early for us. The Yams have two guys running their team who know what this fixture is all about and a number of players who have played in the derby before and know how to win it. They ended last season well and have had a decent pre season backed up with a win at Ibrox where by all accounts they were up for a battle.

We on the other hand have shown signs of improvement but from what I have seen still have a bit to go to be going into this game hoping to win it. We played very well at Ibrox, but didn't take our chances. We were the better team against Livvi and deserved to win, but we ended up in a situation where things looked shaky at the end and a more composed team than them could well have taken a point, once again because we didn't take our chances in the first 70 minutes, lets not forget our 2nd goal was a fluke.

We are unlikely to make as many chances at the Wongadome as we did against the The rangers or Livvi so we cant afford to be missing 2 out of 3 chances. Given the luck the Yams always seem to enjoy in these games on top of this I cant see a positive outcome.

The only good thing I can come up with is that from listening to the Yams v Huns game on the radio, the guy they have at right back sounds like a bit of a hothead ..... with Harris or Kennedy running at him he could lose the plot.

I'm not being negative, just realistic ............. I don't think the Yams are that much to be afraid of, but like I said just a wee bit better prepared for it than us at this point.

rcarter1
15-08-2014, 04:38 PM
Im not sure that playing the the hun is the benchmark right now as they are a poor team. We played them of the park for most of the match and were unlucky in the end with a poor decision helping them. Hearts played well against them in patches but hot lucky that they had no one sent off. Sunday is hard to call as I think that both of us have better than the hun, especially when it comes to managers and tactics for us. I think the difference may be made by the ref on Sunday unfortunately. Hopefully we will get the decisions in our favour for a change. I always believe in Hibs, so 2-1 to the good guys hopefully

Agree that our performance against the Huns was on par with Hearts performance. I think there will be mistakes both sides, probably a dubious decision or two, but with Hearts second choice keeper now injured, and a stop gap brought in, and two new strikers between the two sides, the ingredients are there for a high scoring match. Hearts to start strong, score first, but Hibs to win 3 or 4-2.

3pm
15-08-2014, 05:21 PM
Never confident - always hoping for the best. I won't be watching.. hate these games.

Gie yerself a shake man.

One Day Soon
15-08-2014, 05:49 PM
I'm absolutely clear that our squad is too small and with insufficient quality in it to be confident of getting out of this league without a lot of luck and the ability to both play above our level and somehow go light on injuries and suspensions. Stubbs has not had enough time to get his system fully bedded in or to get players as match fit as they need to be.

Having said that the one thing I do expect to see from a Stubbs team, even at this early stage, is a completely different mental attitude - particularly towards derbies. They are more likely to win it or we may get a draw but I expect us to look strong, competitive and ready for a game that the players finally understand is about more than just three points. If they show they are on that upward trajectory I will be happy because I can only see us improving all the way through the season.

Borderhibbie76
15-08-2014, 06:10 PM
I'm absolutely clear that our squad is too small and with insufficient quality in it to be confident of getting out of this league without a lot of luck and the ability to both play above our level and somehow go light on injuries and suspensions. Stubbs has not had enough time to get his system fully bedded in or to get players as match fit as they need to be.

Having said that the one thing I do expect to see from a Stubbs team, even at this early stage, is a completely different mental attitude - particularly towards derbies. They are more likely to win it or we may get a draw but I expect us to look strong, competitive and ready for a game that the players finally understand is about more than just three points. If they show they are on that upward trajectory I will be happy because I can only see us improving all the way through the season.
Not sure I agree with your point re fitness mate...we looked far fitter than sevco at the hunnery last week..even playing extra time with 10 men.

I do however agree the squad needs strengthening and the news re Nelson today seems to indicate more are on the way.

However if everyone is fit for Sunday...we should be more than a match for this shower of sh##e!!