PDA

View Full Version : McGivern

heretoday
14-08-2014, 10:54 PM
I just watched the Hibs/Falkirk semi final (as one does) and McGivern made two major moves in the game.

One - he slid a great pass through for Hibs' third goal.

Two - he almost sold the whole thing in the last minute.

I am famous for slagging this guy off big style but he did have redeeming qualities.

Boyle89
14-08-2014, 11:05 PM
He is a major reason of why we are where we are. He's somebody else problem now.

Scottie
14-08-2014, 11:12 PM
Sorry but can't think of 1 redeeming quality R McG has.

Thank we're shot o him :agree:

NadeAteMyLunch!
14-08-2014, 11:31 PM
I just watched the Hibs/Falkirk semi final (as one does) and McGivern made two major moves in the game.

I am famous for slagging this guy off big style but he did have redeeming qualities.

Not watched it for a while(shame on me) but was it not the second goal he helped create? I remember him slipping a ball through to Harris who cut it back for Leigh? 4 great goals that day. Magical

lucky
14-08-2014, 11:37 PM

Your famous?

Billychaotic182
14-08-2014, 11:49 PM
Christ let it go he doesn't play or us anymore let's be positive and focuse on getting promoted instead of bringing up old players just to have a moan. Geezo

The Green Goblin
15-08-2014, 03:10 AM

Hi Ryan :greengrin "gone tomorrow" eh?

I'm looking forward not back. Past is past.

Pete
15-08-2014, 04:01 AM
All I'll say is that people have short memories when it comes to McGivern.

One of the first names on the teamsheet when Fenlon was in charge. No hard feelings here.

LancsHibs
15-08-2014, 06:11 AM
All I'll say is that people have short memories when it comes to McGivern.

One of the first names on the teamsheet when Fenlon was in charge. No hard feelings here.

Was talking to Port Vale fans and there early impressions are that they think he's great and a cracking signing. One said he couldn't believe the negative things said about him when he looked at the Hibs forum. I personally was pleased when he was moved on but good luck to him

Northernhibee
15-08-2014, 06:15 AM
If the turnaround in key players this season shows one thing, it's that the finger of blame should be pointed solely at Butcher and Malpas.

3pm
15-08-2014, 06:20 AM
If the turnaround in key players this season shows one thing, it's that the finger of blame should be pointed solely at Butcher and Malpas.

I think the players have to take some responsibility but I agree Malpas and Butcher were the catalysts for it all.

#FromTheCapital
15-08-2014, 06:21 AM
I thought he was one of our better players the season before last. Had a nightmare last season though

LancashireHibby
15-08-2014, 06:23 AM
Saw McGivern play for Port Vale in a friendly against Bolton the other week. Got bullied all night by an 18 year old. Would have preferred that he signed for Truro City and then he'd have been even further from ER.

Steve20
15-08-2014, 06:48 AM
Christ let it go he doesn't play or us anymore let's be positive and focuse on getting promoted instead of bringing up old players just to have a moan. Geezo

I hardly think it's going to make a difference to our promotion bid if people on a fans forum talk about a player who recently played for us.

Winston Ingram
15-08-2014, 07:20 AM

The guy had ability no doubt. Strong, decent pace, good in the air, could be a man and had decent delivery.

Problem however was that he has probably the worst attitude i've ever seen. He was one of those tits who thought he was doing the club a favour by playing for them.

Ronniekirk
15-08-2014, 07:51 AM
The number of times he passed the ball straight to the opposition under no pressure or clattered the ball off someone and it broke kindly for opposition became infuriating as it often led to a goal for the opposition .Had the odd good game at centre half and on occasion could play good ball forward but am glad he was moved on

blackpoolhibs
15-08-2014, 07:57 AM
When he first arrived he was a good player for us, but a combination of becoming a billy big baws, George St and the chuckle brothers coaching made him the player he is today.

Waxy
15-08-2014, 07:59 AM
I wish we could just forget about this guy.

Thecat23
15-08-2014, 08:06 AM
Ryan's form dipped because he was never out the town drinking. When he came he looked the part, but sadly his social life seemed to be more important!

Glad he's gone!

emerald green
15-08-2014, 08:08 AM
I will never forget his shocking careless ball out of defence for Hamilton Accies early goal in the play off at ER.

The one thing everybody knew Hibs must not do that day was to lose an early goal, and what does he go and do? Sold us down the river. Most people in the ground, if they were being honest, knew the writing was on the wall right then.

Cheerio and thanks for nothing. :bye:

Smartie
15-08-2014, 08:32 AM
The frustrating thing about him was that he could clearly play but was probably our poorest player in the demise under Butcher.

I thought he was a class act when he first joined and was unrecognisable from what he eventually became.

I'm just glad he went back down South because it would have been heartbreaking for him to put in the kind of performance against us that he is clearly capable of.

Lago
15-08-2014, 09:28 AM
The guy has moved on, give him peace and move on yourselves. New season new manager etc look forward not back.

J-C
15-08-2014, 10:16 AM
Ryan's form dipped because he was never out the town drinking. When he came he looked the part, but sadly his social life seemed to be more important!

Glad he's gone!

This.

Lulu's, Shanghai, Opal and Tempus have all noticed a drop in champagne sales since he's left.

A billy big baws who turned into an egotist as soon as he signed up full time for us, thought all he had to do was turn up and he'd get a game.

heretoday
15-08-2014, 10:57 AM
Your famous?

No I'm not - sorry.

And I stand corrected as it was the second goal that McGivern set up.

What a match though!

Franck Stanton
15-08-2014, 11:02 AM
I will never forget his shocking careless ball out of defence for Hamilton Accies early goal in the play off at ER.

The one thing everybody knew Hibs must not do that day was to lose an early goal, and what does he go and do? Sold us down the river. Most people in the ground, if they were being honest, knew the writing was on the wall right then.

Cheerio and thanks for nothing. :bye:

This. Enough said.

southern hibby
15-08-2014, 12:21 PM
Saw McGivern play for Port Vale in a friendly against Bolton the other week. Got bullied all night by an 18 year old. Would have preferred that he signed for Truro City and then he'd have been even further from ER.

What has Truro City ever done to you to deserve that. Totally out of order on Truro City Fans lol.

GGTTH

SMAXXA
16-08-2014, 06:42 PM
What's he doing as a judge on that bbc 1 programme tumble?

KiddA
17-08-2014, 04:14 AM

Truly awful player and a absolute time bomb :agree: I have heard champagne sales are up in Burslem, Staffordshire :wink: