PDA

View Full Version : Question Help needed re: Hibernian TV Xtra

Berwickhibby
14-08-2014, 09:04 PM
Last season I was a member of Hibernian TV Xtra and watched every home game online. The website now just shows a page saying "More information coming soon" I have emailed the club twice asking for prices etc for the service this season and have been disappointed that nobody has taken the time to respond.

Has anybody managed to sign up again for this season or has this service now finished. :greengrin:flag:

HibeesLA
14-08-2014, 09:07 PM
Last season I was a member of Hibernian TV Xtra and watched every home game online. The website now just shows a page saying "More information coming soon" I have emailed the club twice asking for prices etc for the service this season and have been disappointed that nobody has taken the time to respond.

Has anybody managed to sign up again for this season or has this service now finished. :greengrin:flag:

If you have the old Xtra link bookmarked, it just has a holding page. Try: Hibs TV (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/tv) instead, and you can sign up for that. 8.99 per month or 89.99 for a full year. The idea is that there won't be 2 separate services like last year, but all rolled into 1 Hibs TV service.

Berwickhibby
14-08-2014, 09:11 PM
Will we get the live live games on the new service as we used to with Hibernian tv Xtra?

Hibrandenburg
14-08-2014, 09:12 PM

From my personal experience, they were quite happy to take my money but not willing to answer my email when it all went tits up. Fool me once shame on you.......

OsloHibs
14-08-2014, 09:14 PM
There is no live games until September- you can listen to Hibs commentary though.

Check your emails from the club, they will tell you all.

down-the-slope
14-08-2014, 09:16 PM

Who / what email did you use ?

Berwickhibby
14-08-2014, 09:18 PM
Who / what email did you use ?

I emailed the Club email and another to is it A Sleight...... still heard nothing

OsloHibs
14-08-2014, 09:25 PM
I emailed the Club email and another to is it A Sleight...... still heard nothing

Yeah it's Andrew Sleight you email.

Are you overseas? I can give you the prices..

Septimus
14-08-2014, 10:00 PM
I was under the impression that we will get the Hearts match live if overseas. Surely someone in the hibs setup must understand that the patience for which they thank us is not unending.

Berwickhibby
14-08-2014, 10:04 PM
Yeah it's Andrew Sleight you email.

Are you overseas? I can give you the prices..

Yes mate I live in Malta..... Could you please pass the prices

Twiglet
14-08-2014, 10:10 PM
Yes mate I live in Malta..... Could you please pass the prices

Try support@hibernianfc.co.uk I sent an email there last week (it was on the email that gave me my new password for HibsTV). Got a reply the next day.

down-the-slope
14-08-2014, 10:13 PM
Try support@hibernianfc.co.uk I sent an email there last week (it was on the email that gave me my new password for HibsTV). Got a reply the next day.

:aok: Cat....

The Green Goblin
14-08-2014, 10:46 PM
Hearts game will be shown live (video).

One service now. £8.99 a month or annual pass for £89.99.

From what I can tell, once the full thing is up and running, all ER games will be shown live.

I want to add one or two things here. Hibs TV gets a bit of stick on here. It is not perfect and there are glitches now and again, but the signs are that we overseas fans are on the verge of having a superb high quality video service. These things don't just happen overnight and the delay in this case is no doubt down to the previous contract with Perform coming to an end plus need I remind everyone that this past summer has been one of massive turmoil and change? Perhaps we can just be a wee bit more patient and remember that we are fortunate to have the service. Yes, we pay for it, but I have friends here who support EPL teams and their clubs don't have a TV service for their overseas fans. They have to hack into 5 Live or whatever, and it doesn't always work. Plus, in the last few seasons, the club has done right by us, giving us the same status as ST holders for the cup semis and finals. I don't work for Hibs or Hibs TV (obviously, but just so there's no doubt) - I just paid my £89.99 last week - but I do think we should cut them a bit of slack and recognise that there is a massively greater number of things right with the service than wrong.

Swedish hibee
15-08-2014, 09:06 PM
I want to add one or two things here. Hibs TV gets a bit of stick on here. It is not perfect and there are glitches now and again, but the signs are that we overseas fans are on the verge of having a superb high quality video service. These things don't just happen overnight and the delay in this case is no doubt down to the previous contract with Perform coming to an end plus need I remind everyone that this past summer has been one of massive turmoil and change? Perhaps we can just be a wee bit more patient and remember that we are fortunate to have the service. Yes, we pay for it, but I have friends here who support EPL teams and their clubs don't have a TV service for their overseas fans. They have to hack into 5 Live or whatever, and it doesn't always work. Plus, in the last few seasons, the club has done right by us, giving us the same status as ST holders for the cup semis and finals. I don't work for Hibs or Hibs TV (obviously, but just so there's no doubt) - I just paid my £89.99 last week - but I do think we should cut them a bit of slack and recognise that there is a massively greater number of things right with the service than wrong.

I completely agree with you :agree:

Steve-O
15-08-2014, 09:10 PM

From what I can tell, once the full thing is up and running, all ER games will be shown live.

I agree, BUT, I just paid £8.99 for a month of Hibs TV without any actual 'TV' being available. I then found out after there were no home games live until September.

IMO it should be a free trial period until it's sorted rather than taking the money and then asking for patience.

PeeJay
16-08-2014, 08:17 AM

Good post TGG - for us fans overseas the service has always been a blessing (not always 100% on the ball, I'll admit), but where else can we get all the home games on screen and the highlights? Think the service has come a long way since its inception, and I'm looking forward to finally having a decent stream with high-quality resolution - I know some people on here have had problems with various issues and the email support, but I've always found them to be extremely helpful, even when nothing is working ... with the way our team has been playing recently Cliff Pike's "half-time pie report" was my personal highlight on match days, and now that I've - at last - found a source of pies here in Berlin, I can enjoy it even more ... as for the football, well, let's hope for the best...