PDA

View Full Version : Willie Collum...

Row H
13-08-2014, 08:13 AM
Is the ref for Sunday.

They're all as bad as each other I reckon so this makes little difference!

magpie1892
13-08-2014, 08:20 AM
Is the ref for Sunday.

Think he's a very good ref doing a very hard job.

greenlex
13-08-2014, 08:42 AM
He is ****ing hopeless. At least he will be hopeless for both teams.

BVB Hibs
13-08-2014, 09:36 AM
Will never get over the penalty he awarded Zenit St Petersburg in the last 16 of the CL last season. Horrible call, horrible ref. At least he's relatively equal in who he awards the appalling decisions against.

emerald green
13-08-2014, 09:53 AM
He's not as bad as Thomson, but that's not very difficult.

leggeto
13-08-2014, 10:06 AM
Better than CT so things are on the up

hfc rd
13-08-2014, 10:11 AM
Even though they are all absolutely terrible refs, I'd take anyone over Craig Thomson.

Big_Franck
13-08-2014, 10:47 AM
As someone else pointed out on another thread, he has twice failed to send off jambos in derbies only for them later to be given a retrospective red and a ban. The Stevenson-McPake incident was a terrible decision.

Here's hoping history doesn't repeat itself.

Winston Ingram
13-08-2014, 10:48 AM
Is he not a Yam?

Argylehibby
13-08-2014, 10:49 AM
Is the ref for Sunday.

In charge of derby matches when Templeton got a retrospective red card for stamp on mcPake and Stevenson got same for the lunge on McPake. dont expect any favours from him. Better than Thomson but not by much.

Waxy
13-08-2014, 11:21 AM
The SFA should perhaps start producing their own refs rather than using the rangers and celtics refs.

Waxy
13-08-2014, 11:25 AM
Perhaps it's us who should prepare to play a match with ten men this week. When it matters most, the ref makes it as difficult as he can for us.

Beefster
13-08-2014, 11:43 AM
Collum's given us 43 penalties and sent off no Hibs players in the past 3 season. By comparison, he's given Hearts no penalties and send off 31 Hearts players in the same period.

If I was a Hearts fan, I'd be raging.

Hibee87
13-08-2014, 11:46 AM
Collum's given us 43 penalties and sent off no Hibs players in the past 3 season. By comparison, he's given Hearts no penalties and send off 31 Hearts players in the same period.

Are you sure those figues are right? I dont think we have had 43 pens in the past 10 season, never mind 3.....and hearts have had 31 players sent off in 3 season, just by the one ref :confused:

Waxy
13-08-2014, 11:53 AM
There was a couple of months last season when Hearts seemed to be playing against ten men every week. Rangers wee brothers right enough.

Beefster
13-08-2014, 11:53 AM
Are you sure those figues are right? I dont think we have had 43 pens in the past 10 season, never mind 3.....and hearts have had 31 players sent off in 3 season, just by the one ref :confused:

To be honest, I was just going from memory. I might be a bit out on the actual stats.

Pretty Boy
13-08-2014, 12:28 PM
Was it not Collum who missed the most glaringly obvious handball against someone last season (St Mirren rings a bell). The player literally palmed the ball away inside the area at the Dunbar end then used his hand to control it a 2nd time. Collum, if it was him, was no more than 8 yards away.

LeithBoozy
13-08-2014, 12:47 PM
I wish they would all go on strike permanently, they are all hopeless, but Thompson is the pits. I wonder how many fans they have driven-away over the years, it must be Mega.

hibbyfaelibby
13-08-2014, 12:52 PM
I am sure Smeagul will be just as impartial as all the other refs we get, he'll just have the advantage of having his precious so he can disappear when the going gets tough.

Nutmegged
13-08-2014, 12:56 PM
Is he not a Yam?

He's a Celtic fan, he is abaolutely hopless, a little Hitler who feels the need to be seen by everyone in the stadium.

Smartie
13-08-2014, 12:58 PM
I'd have Craig Levein refereeing with Skacel and Gary McKay as linesmen before I'd have Craig Thomson do another derby.

Deansy
13-08-2014, 01:17 PM
Craig Thomson NOT being the referee on Sunday is as good as a goal-start for us - bet he's p*ssed-off at missing out on not playing for them !

givescotlandfreedom
13-08-2014, 01:22 PM
What will they get this time? An unnoticed sending off or three? Wrongly disallowed goal for us? Joke red cards for our players? Get away with booting us off the park? It'd be funny if it wasn't true!

Boyle89
13-08-2014, 01:32 PM
I don't think it's as bad as you are all making it out. I mean from the past few season I can only remember them getting 1 decision over us maybe 2 at a push....forsters 'offside goal'. Sparkys free kick. Stevenson tackle. Templeton stamp. Mcgowan headbutt. And ofcourse the final...
Ok maybe I was wrong.
Can anyone think of a decision we have had over them? Only thing I can think of is Ian Murray KO on Ian black.

McSwanky
13-08-2014, 01:39 PM
To be honest, I was just going from memory. I might be a bit out on the actual stats.

:tee hee:

PatHead
13-08-2014, 03:30 PM
I don't think it's as bad as you are all making it out. I mean from the past few season I can only remember them getting 1 decision over us maybe 2 at a push....forsters 'offside goal'. Sparkys free kick. Stevenson tackle. Templeton stamp. Mcgowan headbutt. And ofcourse the final...
Ok maybe I was wrong.
Can anyone think of a decision we have had over them? Only thing I can think of is Ian Murray KO on Ian black.

Penalty last new year was of the "soft" variety.

alloahibby
13-08-2014, 03:30 PM
Remember Willie Collum back in the day gave Killie a penalty against us at Rugby Park and then changed it to a corner....

emerald green
13-08-2014, 03:37 PM
For high profile games like Sunday's I would prefer a referee from England, or a continental European referee.

I do not believe Hibs get a fair crack of the whip from Scottish referees in these derby matches, when it comes to controversial decisions. The most glaring (in a long line of terrible decisions) was not being awarded a goal from Griffiths' free kick against HOMFC which was a good yard over the line.

I don't remember anything remotely like that going against HOMFC, ever, in a game against Hibs.

HibbyAndy
13-08-2014, 04:36 PM
Think he's a very good ref doing a very hard job.

I beg to differ..I think he's a very poor ref doing a very poor job.

That glaring, And i mean GLARING challenge by Ryan Stevenson on James mcpake which everyone in the stadium KNEW was a red card and this imbecile produced a Yellow card..Infact it may have just been a warning?.. So sorry if my opinion is different to yours, In summary Willie Collum is a poor, Poor Referee.

Waxy
13-08-2014, 08:17 PM
Tonights ref for the St j celtic match has been gratefully supplied by celtic. Fails to give st johnstone a pen then rubs it in by booking wotherspoon for complaining.this happens almost every match against the glasgow gaints(in their own city) I reckon scottish football should reject this and breakaway leaving them to play each other. Eventually the fans will give up.no one can beat them.

greenpaper55
13-08-2014, 08:26 PM
I wish they would all go on strike permanently, they are all hopeless, but Thompson is the pits. I wonder how many fans they have driven-away over the years, it must be Mega.

They are threatening to go on strike as the money for the first division games is much lower than the premiership for which they get the sum of £ 840 per game !. Astonishing amount for such incompetence.

Callum_62
13-08-2014, 08:30 PM
They are threatening to go on strike as the money for the first division games is much lower than the premiership for which they get the sum of £ 840 per game !. Astonishing amount for such incompetence.

Thats only 560 quid per hour.

I wouldnt get out of bed for that.

Waxy
13-08-2014, 08:39 PM
It's so bad. The players don't even care about the cheating because deep down it's just a pantomine to them. They are only doing it for the money. It's the fans who suffer. Can i sit and watch this same thing happening every year? No.Scottish football sucks.

Alfred E Newman
13-08-2014, 08:45 PM
It's so bad. The players don't even care about the cheating because deep down it's just a pantomine to them. They are only doing it for the money. It's the fans who suffer. Can i sit and watch this same thing happening every year? No.Scottish football sucks.

Just imagine, if all the referees were perfectly fair and never made any mistakes or gave any debatable decisions against us, how boring it would be. No more running down to the front of the stand to hurl abuse at the clowns.

JimBHibees
13-08-2014, 09:41 PM
Was it not Collum who missed the most glaringly obvious handball against someone last season (St Mirren rings a bell). The player literally palmed the ball away inside the area at the Dunbar end then used his hand to control it a 2nd time. Collum, if it was him, was no more than 8 yards away.

Yes it was he said he didn't see it though TV seemed to show he had a clear view. The player actually handled the ball twice simply an incredible decision which had massive implications in the relegation battle with the 3 point swing to Saints.

NadeAteMyLunch!
13-08-2014, 11:24 PM
I beg to differ..I think he's a very poor ref doing a very poor job.

That glaring, And i mean GLARING challenge by Ryan Stevenson on James mcpake which everyone in the stadium KNEW was a red card and this imbecile produced a Yellow card..Infact it may have just been a warning?.. So sorry if my opinion is different to yours, In summary Willie Collum is a poor, Poor Referee.

Clown didn't even give a yellow. That's the only reason that the ***** bags at the SFA gave a retrospective red after the game. The cowards won't even look at a decision if the referee is deemed to have 'dealt with it at the time'. A horrible tackle by a horrible human being that was intended to do harm. Then you compare that to Handling's straight red. It really is a shambles

HibbiesandtheBaddies
13-08-2014, 11:39 PM

Teaches Irish Catholicism in a Catholic School in Belshill.

We'll be ok :agree: