PDA

View Full Version : Hibs game in Benalmadena

JHFC
12-08-2014, 10:37 PM
Any where I can watch the game on Sunday??

H18Y GW
12-08-2014, 11:06 PM

Everywhere.....Head Bonanza square,Linikers and many many more

Billy Whizz
13-08-2014, 07:41 AM

It's a big resort, where are you staying

Iggy Pope
13-08-2014, 02:28 PM
Years and years and years ago (1983), I visited Benelmedena with my two mates. We had booked the flights for a trip to see Hibs in Cadiz pre season. A trip they quickly pulled out of but we went for the holiday anyway.
There was a wee boozer near our apartments called Pepe's. Probably pulled down now.
My mate Stevie P left the landlord with a Hibs Summer Cup Winners 1964 pennant. It was a thing of utter and unquestionable beauty. I begged him not to at the time but San Miguel got the better of the fool. And he said he had two of them anyway.

I realise this won't help the OP in his quest, but if he is dilligent, there is a tasty piece of Hibernian memorabilia kicking about there somewhere.

Pedantic_Hibee
13-08-2014, 02:32 PM
Lounge Bar has got it's own Hibs Supporters Club if I recall correctly. I'm sure it's called Lounge Bar, it's before the Bonanza Square.

Billy Whizz
13-08-2014, 02:49 PM
Lounge Bar has got it's own Hibs Supporters Club if I recall correctly. I'm sure it's called Lounge Bar, it's before the Bonanza Square.

Has it? Been in many times and didn't know that. Good place to watch the game though, screens in and outdoors, and drink very very cheap.
Bolton Dave as I call him, is the owner. The pub runs buses to Malaga games, seemingly the home of the Guri army

Pedantic_Hibee
13-08-2014, 03:12 PM
Has it? Been in many times and didn't know that. Good place to watch the game though, screens in and outdoors, and drink very very cheap.
Bolton Dave as I call him, is the owner. The pub runs buses to Malaga games, seemingly the home of the Guri army

Aye that's right, they were planning a trip to Gibraltar for Hibs' game there last year. There was a few of them in there who were Hibbies.

I spent the majority of my week in there last year "watching" the horse racing and drinking Magners. Bliss!

BT58
13-08-2014, 03:12 PM
Theres a pub thats nicknamed ASDA near Bonanza sq..its the Ibenza bar run by English folk..been lucky for me in past when playing the yams

Billy Whizz
13-08-2014, 03:16 PM
Aye that's right, they were planning a trip to Gibraltar for Hibs' game there last year. There was a few of them in there who were Hibbies.

I spent the majority of my week in there last year "watching" the horse racing and drinking Magners. Bliss!

Hope the link works
http://theloungebar.net/

They hate a drink in that pub

BT58
13-08-2014, 03:18 PM
Avenida de Bonanza is Ibensa address
Loads of football on show

M11BMO
13-08-2014, 04:28 PM
Ah The Lounge bar. Spent10 days in there 4 weeks ago watching all the World Cup action.
The guy who owns it, Dave will definitely have the game on in there. There is a regular who lives out there and is a Hibs fan. Also a look out for the BIG nippy Hun who will rotate his NTL sponsored array of Rangers strips (Circa Bert Konterman times)

NadeAteMyLunch!
13-08-2014, 05:36 PM
Enjoy mate. Had a couple of great holidays to Benalmadena with the lads back in the day. Somehow managed to convince our mothers to let us go our first 'lads holiday' when we were only 16. The square was certainly an eye opener. Good times

I agree with the others, The Lounge is decent for the football

trev the hat
13-08-2014, 07:45 PM
Pop into Kitty Oshea's just along from the square for a cracking pint of Guiness owner Brendan & his Mrs Ash are great craic, no TV but well worth a visit

JHFC
14-08-2014, 02:16 AM
Thanks for the replies everyone 👍

Derek Dougan
14-08-2014, 08:23 AM
Years and years and years ago (1983), I visited Benelmedena with my two mates. We had booked the flights for a trip to see Hibs in Cadiz pre season. A trip they quickly pulled out of but we went for the holiday anyway.
There was a wee boozer near our apartments called Pepe's. Probably pulled down now.
My mate Stevie P left the landlord with a Hibs Summer Cup Winners 1964 pennant. It was a thing of utter and unquestionable beauty. I begged him not to at the time but San Miguel got the better of the fool. And he said he had two of them anyway.

I realise this won't help the OP in his quest, but if he is dilligent, there is a tasty piece of Hibernian memorabilia kicking about there somewhere.

Stevie P says he has 2 of everything, yet I still don't believe him!!