PDA

View Full Version : 4th official

bigwheel
12-08-2014, 06:28 PM
sorry if it's been covered elsewhere...but why no fourth official last weekend? Do they not have them in this league?

KeithTheHibby
12-08-2014, 06:35 PM
sorry if it's been covered elsewhere...but why no fourth official last weekend? Do they not have them in this league?

They will onl have them at televised games apparently.

bigwheel
12-08-2014, 06:54 PM
Strange decision that

Billy Whizz
12-08-2014, 07:25 PM
Strange decision that

Must be a cost thing

stantonhibby
12-08-2014, 07:42 PM

Didnt see any board go up for injury time either.

ballengeich
12-08-2014, 09:09 PM
Must be a cost thing

I think it's more due to the lack of qualified officials. The SFA struggles to get people wanting to referee so every 4th official means one less available for the next level down. In the junior game it's common for club officials to run the line and amateurs find it hard to even get a neutral ref.

Iggy Pope
12-08-2014, 09:44 PM
I think it's more due to the lack of qualified officials. The SFA struggles to get people wanting to referee so every 4th official means one less available for the next level down. In the junior game it's common for club officials to run the line and amateurs find it hard to even get a neutral ref.

This is worrying and brings home our fall.
6 Premier games a week fails to produce 2 competent sets of officials.

We played a friendly at Innerleithen in close season and I don't recall any Linesmen.

I went to a lot of U20 EOS fixtures last season without linesmen. Opposing officials kept red and yellow flags up their jukes!

I know it's hard and it's even harder further down the leagues. I played 20 seasons at Amateur level (poor Sundays admittedly) and you were lucky to get a ref with two legs.