PDA

View Full Version : Sportscene last night.

Centre Hawf
11-08-2014, 02:10 PM
Had a wee watch of the highlights last night and its interesting to see that:

1. Goodwins still a thug
2. McPake still dives into tackles
3. We seem to have been written off by the pundits.

Some things never change.

SteveHFC
11-08-2014, 02:17 PM
Mikey Stewart having a few wee "digs" at Thompson :faf:

Stranraer
11-08-2014, 02:29 PM

1. Goodwins still a thug

:agree: having a go at our kit... Sportscene just gets worse.

hibee_girl
11-08-2014, 02:39 PM
:agree: having a go at our kit... Sportscene just gets worse.

:agree: instead of talking about how well we played they spent their time dissing our strip.

NORTHERNHIBBY
11-08-2014, 02:44 PM
Mikey Stewart is a no bad pundit but no matter how funny he thinks he is, he has already peaked in the comedy stakes by falling on his erse in the tunnel at Hamilton.

Kato
11-08-2014, 02:44 PM
:agree: instead of talking about how well we played they spent their time dissing our strip.

Mikey "The Jambo" Stewart showing off a wee sneery face, his default expression.

Centre Hawf
11-08-2014, 02:45 PM
I think we can all count ourselves lucky Stewarts not doing a fringe show because his Banter is awful.

Geo_1875
11-08-2014, 02:46 PM
And nobody had the bottle to say that Danny Wilson was not facing his old club as they're dead.

Mikey09
11-08-2014, 02:48 PM
Never watch it now. It's embarrassing. Match of the day for me.

TheFamous1875
11-08-2014, 02:49 PM

Exactly. It's pathetic. Our display against Rangers wasn't even mentioned, despite being an early sign of our potential to compete this season.

Even if I wasn't a Hibs fan I'd hope Hibs ****ed both of them and won the title as we're completely disregarded and unconsidered from the beginning and not taken seriously, it would **** everyone off if we did it!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

SteveHFC
11-08-2014, 02:51 PM
Exactly. It's pathetic. Our display against Rangers wasn't even mentioned, despite being an early sign of our potential to compete this season.

Even if I wasn't a Hibs fan I'd hope Hibs ****ed both of them and won the title as we're completely disregarded and unconsidered from the beginning and not taken seriously, it would **** everyone off if we did it!

Nearly every football fan in Scotland except those that support the Old firm want us and Hearts to go up.

Centre Hawf
11-08-2014, 02:53 PM

I don't know if i view it with green tinted specs but I've always felt were looked down upon by the press and media. I agree it would absolutely piss them all off if we were to go up and leave the two dirty mobs behind.

Geo_1875
11-08-2014, 02:58 PM
And the wall-eyed freak couldn't keep the smirk off his face when discussing Thomson's "groin injury". What a waste of airtime it's become.

Danderhall Hibs
11-08-2014, 03:29 PM
There was a multiple page thread on here a few weeks ago saying the strip was horrible - have we changed our mind?

NadeAteMyLunch!
11-08-2014, 03:41 PM
I found it ridiculous that they seemed to think that Goodwin's first booking was harsh as he "got the ball". Did he **** get the ball. It was a ridiculous lunge-as always-and the ball happened to hit his thigh as the Motherwell player knocked it past him and jumped to avoid injury. His second booking was just the filthy prick at his best. Lost count of the number of times he's forearmed someone in the chops. He should be absolutely hammered! Probably get a one match ban though

Big_Franck
11-08-2014, 03:44 PM
There was a multiple page thread on here a few weeks ago saying the strip was horrible - have we changed our mind?

No, it's still minging.

Sportscene has been terrible for years, we should know what to expect by now.

greenlex
11-08-2014, 03:44 PM

This

EdinMike
11-08-2014, 04:05 PM
I'm surprised people are surprised at any of this.

Who cares.

HappyHibby93
11-08-2014, 04:25 PM
Quite happy to stay under radar, and shut everyone up on Sunday.

Thecat23
11-08-2014, 04:26 PM
Why do you folk watch it? Best watching the SPFL YouTube channel. All the games you want to see without the patronising comments and sly digs.

It's a very amateurish show on a shockingly low budget. Years ago you used to get 20 mins for the main game. I wouldn't give them the viewing figures to be honest. Hope it dies a death.

jdships
11-08-2014, 04:47 PM
Why do you folk watch it? Best watching the SPFL YouTube channel. All the games you want to see without the patronising comments and sly digs.

It's a very amateurish show on a shockingly low budget. Years ago you used to get 20 mins for the main game. I wouldn't give them the viewing figures to be honest. Hope it dies a death.

:thumbsup::agree:
That's exactly what I do : " Sporstscene " is simply the " Amateur Hour " - pathetic .
On a different tack - with having " BT Broad Band" signed up for " BT Sport" at £5 per month and already have enjoyed a couple of French games plus Charity Shield and a Conference match over the weekend.
Great entertainment when you are not really bothered who wins :greengrin

LaMotta
11-08-2014, 04:57 PM

Exactly. The strip is horrible and it is probably the first time most non Hibs fans have seen it, so whats the problem with them discussing it?

So far there is little to go on to say that we are anything other than third favourites - If however we beat Hearts next week then the pundits will have to sit up and take notice.

Hibeesmad
11-08-2014, 04:58 PM
Exactly. The strip is horrible and it is probably the first time most non Hibs fans have seen it, so whats the problem with them discussing it?

If we beat Hearts next week then the pundits will have to sit up and take notice - so far there is little to go on to say that we are anything other than third favourites.

I personally think the Hearts strip is worse than that Hibs one, why didn't they comment on that?

LaMotta
11-08-2014, 05:02 PM
I personally think the Hearts strip is worse than that Hibs one, why didn't they comment on that?

A Hearts Strip will always be worse than a Hibs Strip, buts as Far as Hearts strips go it is about as good as they get and looks like a normal Hearts Strip - so not really noteworthy :aok:

J-C
11-08-2014, 05:06 PM
It may be a crap strip but it shouldn't be a main talking point on a sports programme, pure pettiness.

Hibeesmad
11-08-2014, 05:07 PM
A Hearts Strip will always be worse than a Hibs Strip, buts as Far as Hearts strips go it is about as good as they get and looks like a normal Hearts Strip - so not really noteworthy :aok:

Really hope we beat them Sunday, so so much

TheFamous1875
11-08-2014, 05:18 PM

So far there is little to go on to say that we are anything other than third favourites - If however we beat Hearts next week then the pundits will have to sit up and take notice.

Only problem was they discussed our ***** strip instead of discussing our performances and our chances for this season, abruptly writing us off instead without reason.

But, as we all already know, the show's pathetic and this reception is to be expected, so I don't think anyone's particularly 'shocked' by this.

If we win next week I'll definitely be watching, if only to see the 'pundits' squirm!

The Gorf
11-08-2014, 05:29 PM
No, it's still minging.

Sportscene has been terrible for years, we should know what to expect by now.
Exactly. Why still watch it? Or, watch the Hibs rerun and then turn off.

Jones28
11-08-2014, 05:54 PM
If I'd only watched sportscene I wouldn't have had a clue as to how we played. Did we create chances? Was there a different style? Who was a standout player and why?

All I'd have come away is the score line and some new kit analysis from Scottish footballs Collin and Justin.

Pretty Boy
11-08-2014, 05:58 PM
Mikey Stewart is a no bad pundit but no matter how funny he thinks he is, he has already peaked in the comedy stakes by falling on his erse in the tunnel at Hamilton.

Personally I believe sliding 15 yards on his erse right off the pitch when skinned by David Wotherepoon was the real highlight.

blackpoolhibs
11-08-2014, 06:05 PM
I dont know why folk let this programme get on their thruppnies, i just watch the games and hardly listen at all to what they say in the studio. I watched it today on catchup, and i saw all i needed of all the games from the weekend.

Some folk just want to be upset, yet when Pat Nevin or anyone with leanings towards us, the views are suddenly fine?

Turn the sound down if you dont like who's on, remember you are the boss, you have the power by using the remote control. :wink:

hibsbollah
11-08-2014, 06:24 PM
I dont know why folk let this programme get on their thruppnies, i just watch the games and hardly listen at all to what they say in the studio. I watched it today on catchup, and i saw all i needed of all the games from the weekend.

Some folk just want to be upset, yet when Pat Nevin or anyone with leanings towards us, the views are suddenly fine?

Turn the sound down if you dont like who's on, remember you are the boss, you have the power by using the remote control. :wink:

I suppose its because in the past it used to be comparable with match of the day in England, and now its an amateur embarrassment. Not all of us have sky and we pay a licence fee.

Borderhibbie76
11-08-2014, 08:01 PM

1. Goodwins still a thug

Yup I did notice McPake doing his Tom Daley impressions twice in the lead up to Killie goal...some things never change!!

blackpoolhibs
11-08-2014, 08:04 PM
I suppose its because in the past it used to be comparable with match of the day in England, and now its an amateur embarrassment. Not all of us have sky and we pay a licence fee.

Did it really, not saying you are wrong but its not how i remember it at all. :confused:

BarneyK
11-08-2014, 08:05 PM
Nearly every football fan in Scotland except those that support the Old firm want us and Hearts to go up.

or Falkirk fans....or Livingston fans....or QOS fans...etc :wink:

Danderhall Hibs
11-08-2014, 08:45 PM
Just watched it and their comments were right - it doesn't look like a Hibs strip without the white sleeves and it still looks better than st Mirrens strip.

That's all they said.

Sir David Gray
11-08-2014, 10:00 PM
It may be a crap strip but it shouldn't be a main talking point on a sports programme, pure pettiness.

:agree: That's it in a nutshell for me.

I don't particularly like the strip either but I don't think the merits of our strip should be discussed on Sportscene.

All they spoke about was the strip and then there was a wee quip about how Mark Oxley was currently our top goalscorer and how we would be struggling if he was still our top scorer later in the season.

It was a waste of time.

As it happens, I don't think any Championship games should be covered by Sportscene. It should be a highlights programme for Premiership games only.

Tricla
11-08-2014, 10:04 PM
Mickey Stewart is a monotone fanny.

matty_f
11-08-2014, 10:22 PM
Don't mind Stewart, or Thomson for that matter. The presenter is pish though.

Hibs strip looks better 'in the flesh' (the boy just got his for his birthday, looks much better without the sponsor).

Sportscene is pretty gash though.

sleeping giant
11-08-2014, 10:37 PM
Sportscene is crap.

Used to prefer the old Scotsport with extended hightlights that lasted for about 30 mins. Pretty crap if it was 0-0 but at least you got to see a good bit of the match instead of 90 seconds worth.

It just looks tacky and unprofessional.

Still got it on the planner though :greengrin

Booked4Being-Ugly
11-08-2014, 10:43 PM
I just realised my wee laddie was on sportscene with his face in his hands from the Hamilton game!

ekhibee
11-08-2014, 11:53 PM
Sportscene is crap but that doesn't mean I'm watching the SPFL highlights on youtube. My team isn't in the SPFL. The best outcome at the end of the season would be for Hibs to win the Championship and Falkirk to finish second, beating Ross County in the play-off.

Centre Hawf
12-08-2014, 02:12 AM
Sportscene is crap but that doesn't mean I'm watching the SPFL highlights on youtube. My team isn't in the SPFL. The best outcome at the end of the season would be for Hibs to win the Championship and Falkirk to finish second, beating Ross County in the play-off.

We are in the SPFL. Its the Scottish Professional Football League.

Danderhall Hibs
12-08-2014, 05:38 AM
Don't mind Stewart, or Thomson for that matter. The presenter is pish though.

Hibs strip looks better 'in the flesh' (the boy just got his for his birthday, looks much better without the sponsor).

Sportscene is pretty gash though.
The strip is ok - it's almost identical to the away strip of a few seasons ago.

It's just not traditionally a home Hibs strip and that's all they said! Some folk are just a wee bit precious though.

Spike Mandela
12-08-2014, 06:11 AM
They don't take us seriously and why should they we have been a laughing stock for a few years. It's up to us to make them sit up and take notice. Starting next week hopefully.

KeithTheHibby
12-08-2014, 07:24 AM
Who cares about the comments. The way some people carry on about the BBC you'd think we were paranoid.

I'm just happy that in the absence of going to the game I can at least watch the highlights.

sbell1875
12-08-2014, 06:37 PM

1. Goodwins still a thug

4. I appeared in the wee segment with Brian McLaughlin at the start of our highlights! :)

lEXO
12-08-2014, 07:19 PM
I didnae watch it when Hibs were in the top division. I'm not gonny start now.

Weststandwanab
12-08-2014, 07:44 PM
I didnae watch it when Hibs were in the top division. I'm not gonny start now.

Me 2