PDA

View Full Version : Is it April 1st?

leither17
10-08-2014, 09:23 AM
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/real-life-stories/frank-maloney-sex-change-boxing-4030910

That's mental

Pretty Boy
10-08-2014, 09:57 AM
All the best to her.

That must be a horrendous feeling to have to live with for so many years, at least she has now been honest with those closest and can live her true life.

leither17
10-08-2014, 10:06 AM
All the best to her.

That must be a horrendous feeling to have to live with for so many years, at least she has now been honest with those closest and can live her true life.

Yeah defo just the last person in the world you expected that from

Scouse Hibee
10-08-2014, 11:12 AM
Wow what a terrible thing to have had to live with for so long, must be a massive release of pressure to finally live life as you want to.

Pretty Boy
10-08-2014, 11:22 AM
It does make some of her previous comments about LGBT people seems strange though.

From 2004:

'I dont't want to campaign in Camden because there are too many gays.'

and:

'I don't want to campaign around gays...I don't think they do a lot for society....what I have a problem with is them openly flaunting their sexuality.'

Scouse Hibee
10-08-2014, 11:36 AM
It does make some of her previous comments about LGBT people seems strange though.

From 2004:

and:

'I don't want to campaign around gays...I don't think they do a lot for society....what I have a problem with is them openly flaunting their sexuality.'

What better way to deal with your anger and denial I suppose.

Danderhall Hibs
10-08-2014, 11:45 AM

From 2004:

and:

Just cos he wanted to be a woman doesn't mean he's gay though does it? Maybe she still doesn't like gays?

Pretty Boy
10-08-2014, 11:48 AM
Just cos he wanted to be a woman doesn't mean he's gay though does it? Maybe she still doesn't like gays?

I accept that but I would think someone trying to deal with confusion and anxiety about their own sexual identity would be a bit more understanding of others going through similar.

CropleyWasGod
10-08-2014, 12:16 PM
I accept that but I would think someone trying to deal with confusion and anxiety about their own sexual identity would be a bit more understanding of others going through similar.

I read some years ago of US research that suggested that the most outspoken homophobes are often closet gays themselves. They are either in denial, or using their rage as a cover for their true selves.

Taking that analogy a stage further might explain his previous statements.

snooky
10-08-2014, 12:37 PM
I read some years ago of US research that suggested that the most outspoken homophobes are often closet gays themselves. They are either in denial, or using their rage as a cover for their true selves.

Taking that analogy a stage further might explain his previous statements.

Does that apply to Yam/Hun/Soapies haters too? Are some of .net posters in denial? :wink:

BTW, good on the lass. Takes a lot of guts to do what she did. :aok: