PDA

View Full Version : Tomorrow's Scotsman - possible article of interest

jaf
09-08-2014, 07:58 PM
Guys
Just had a heads up that tomorrow's scotsman has got an article with Scott Fraser of McEwan&Fraser talking about hibs.

Knowing Scott as I do given if you cut him he would bleed green and given his recent involvement with the club and also as an ex professional could be an interesting article.

smurf
09-08-2014, 08:46 PM
I'm sure it was in today's Scotsman? His point is RP needs to go.

jaf
09-08-2014, 08:52 PM
I'm sure it was in today's Scotsman? His point is RP needs to go.

Was it? Could well have been although I couldn't find it online myself.

Deansy
09-08-2014, 09:11 PM
Guys
Just had a heads up that tomorrow's scotsman has got an article with Scott Fraser of McEwan&Fraser talking about hibs.

Knowing Scott as I do given if you cut him he would bleed green and given his recent involvement with the club and also as an ex professional could be an interesting article.

It's in today's sports-section/pull-out -

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/spfl-lower-divisions/two-groups-move-to-buy-hibs-from-tom-farmer-1-3504293

'In a separate development, Scott Fraser – of former Hibs shirt sponsors McEwan Fraser – has written a passionate opinion piece in today’s Scotsman Sport section, in which he argues that the club can only truly win the trust of fans again by removing Petrie from the boardroom'

I don't subscribe to it - need someone to do a copy'n paste. Be interesting to see what he says.

jaf
10-08-2014, 07:00 AM
For anyone interested...

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/spfl-lower-divisions/hibs-can-only-bond-with-fans-when-petrie-leaves-1-3504725

marinello59
10-08-2014, 07:12 AM
Is Scott Fraser involved with any of the groups bidding to buy the club?

J-C
10-08-2014, 07:22 AM

After reading the article it doesn't seem that way, looks like he's been asked to put his views over.

bingo70
10-08-2014, 07:30 AM
After reading the article it doesn't seem that way, looks like he's been asked to put his views over.

Sounded to me like it was a loaded article with a view to rocking the boat.

J-C
10-08-2014, 07:35 AM

Yep pretty much so, looks like the media are really pushing this takeover thing and are getting anyone with a bit of street cred and power to come out against Petrie.

bingo70
10-08-2014, 07:38 AM
Yep pretty much so, looks like the media are really pushing this takeover thing and are getting anyone with a bit of street cred and power to come out against Petrie.

I'm wondering if the real reason petrie is still here is to help facilitate the sale of the club.

There's no other logical reason for him still being around

s.a.m
10-08-2014, 07:44 AM
I'm wondering if the real reason petrie is still here is to help facilitate the sale of the club.

I've assumed that the reason he's still there is that Tom Farmer wants him there. While he still owns the club, he wants someone he knows and trusts involved. :dunno:

bigwheel
10-08-2014, 07:44 AM

Well the chairman of his business is Malcolm McPherson ...so go figure ...

A well written piece though - don't disagree with any of it

J-C
10-08-2014, 08:04 AM

That could well be the case, Petrie's background in finance with Ernst Young and was managing director of investnebt back Quayle Munro would suggest that he'll play a fairly big role in any takeover negotiations.

Pedantic_Hibee
10-08-2014, 08:12 AM
I'm glad he referred to The Rangers as "The Rangers". If only the rest of the media wouldn't be so cowardly as to address that club by their proper name.

marinello59
10-08-2014, 08:16 AM
Well the chairman of his business is Malcolm McPherson ...so go figure ...

A well written piece though - don't disagree with any of it

Winning on the park will do much more to unite the club than removing a man we have already replaced. He may still be there but Dempster is on control now. Yes, he should go completely but does it really justify a takeover by persons unknown? Hopefully any new owner ŵill be bringing more to the table than Petrie Out.

bigwheel
10-08-2014, 08:32 AM
Winning on the park will do much more to unite the club than removing a man we have already replaced. He may still be there but Dempster is on control now. Yes, he should go completely but does it really justify a takeover by persons unknown? Hopefully any new owner ŵill be bringing more to the table than Petrie Out.

Sure , would only want new owners if they had a progressive plan for the club....I can't think of anything positive in Petrie's continued role with the club though.

matty_f
10-08-2014, 08:44 AM

Completely agree.

jaf
10-08-2014, 09:36 AM
I'm glad he referred to The Rangers as "The Rangers". If only the rest of the media wouldn't be so cowardly as to address that club by their proper name.

Even better when you consider Scott was once a rangers player as well!!

SanFranHibs
10-08-2014, 09:50 AM

Every time Petrie is mentioned I ask myself. 'Why is he still here?'. if LD has taken over what is his role. Is he still on salary? Is his role not as diminished as we understand it to be? Has he negotiated a financial parachute or contract clause for himself that makes it difficult to let him go?

Or is that he has just nowhere to go? :boo hoo:

Bingo could very well be correct as there seems to reason for him to just hang around looking for photos ops with LD, caption competition or not.

J-C
10-08-2014, 10:33 AM
Every time Petrie is mentioned I ask myself. 'Why is he still here?'. if LD has taken over what is his role. Is he still on salary? Is his role not as diminished as we understand it to be? Has he negotiated a financial parachute or contract clause for himself that makes it difficult to let him go?

Or is that he has just nowhere to go? :boo hoo:

Bingo could very well be correct as there seems to reason for him to just hang around looking for photos ops with LD, caption competition or not.

Petrie still has shares in the club and his role is still as Chairman, Leeann is CEO( chief executive officer ) she is employed by the club to take over all the dealings Rod did prior, Petrie is just a figure head nowadays.

SanFranHibs
10-08-2014, 10:50 AM
Petrie still has shares in the club and his role is still as Chairman, Leeann is CEO( chief executive officer ) she is employed by the club to take over all the dealings Rod did prior, Petrie is just a figure head nowadays.

And our figurehead is not what he seems........

A paid figurehead?

I don't know how much player/agent contract negotiaition LD done in her last job but I had actually thought she might have required his services though this transfer window.

NAE NOOKIE
10-08-2014, 11:27 AM

A paid figurehead?

I don't know how much player/agent contract negotiaition LD done in her last job but I had actually thought she might have required his services though this transfer window.

He would say his role at ER is pretty vacant.

Who believes that though?

NAE NOOKIE
10-08-2014, 11:36 AM

He is a Hibby and put his money where his mouth is by sponsoring the shirt not too long ago. He is also a success in business so his opinion on boardroom responsibility is worth hearing. As far as I can see he wasn't saying any more than a lot of us have been saying these last months. In that view hardly a loaded article.

bingo70
10-08-2014, 11:48 AM
He is a Hibby and put his money where his mouth is by sponsoring the shirt not too long ago. He is also a success in business so his opinion on boardroom responsibility is worth hearing. As far as I can see he wasn't saying any more than a lot of us have been saying these last months. In that view hardly a loaded article.

It wasn't a criticism abd I didn't mean any offence to him. More just an observation that I thought he could be involved in any potential take over

Hibbyradge
10-08-2014, 11:58 AM
Petrie is still"here" because he owns 10% of the club and he wants to be around.

Eyrie
10-08-2014, 12:39 PM
He would say his role at ER is pretty vacant.

Who believes that though?

I realise Petrie has no feelings but he could avoid accusations he's a liar and solve the problems by taking a holiday in the sun - maybe New York?

J-C
10-08-2014, 12:45 PM

A paid figurehead?

Her job description is to run the club and it's monies as she sees fit, Petrie has shown since he came that he's very good at selling as he gets top dollar and add ons but absolutely terrible when it comes to hiring managers and signing players, hopefully with him now out of the picture where players are concerned the running of the club will be a lot better.

CropleyWasGod
10-08-2014, 12:46 PM

A paid figurehead?

No. He's a non-exec.

There would be anarchy if he was paid.

bigwheel
10-08-2014, 12:53 PM
No. He's a non-exec.

There would be anarchy if he was paid.

Non execs are normally paid , he may be waving his fee of course ...let's be clear , Petrie's main role now is the representative of Farmer on the board ..

CropleyWasGod
10-08-2014, 12:57 PM
Non execs are normally paid , he may be waving his fee of course ...let's be clear , Petrie's main role now is the representative of Farmer on the board ..
Hibs don't pay their non-execs. That's been their policy for years.

NAE NOOKIE
10-08-2014, 02:33 PM
I realise Petrie has no feelings but he could avoid accusations he's a liar and solve the problems by taking a holiday in the sun - maybe New York?

Time for him to go for the following reasons:

Edinburgh is no place for him.

My team doesn't need him.

Instinct tells me he should go.

:cb