PDA

View Full Version : Team for Tynecastle

Pretty Boy
09-08-2014, 06:32 PM
So 2 games to assess where we are. What do we do for Tynecastle?

I'd go: 4-2-3-1

..........Oxley..........

Gray...Forster...Hanlon...Lewis

......Robertson....Craig......

Harris.....Handling......Kennedy

..........El Alagui............

Handling in for Heff is a no brainer for me. Danny is a player I've never been massively impressed with but he was decent in a couple of the friendlies and very good at Ibrox in midweek. Heffernan looked like he wasn't shatp today and he and Farid didn't really click as a partnership. Kennedy is a risky one because I know nothing about him. However Stanton was off the pace today and struggled in midweek too, maybe he just needs a couple of games out to take the pressure off. Rest of the team picks itself at the moment imo.

MWHIBBIES
09-08-2014, 06:38 PM
Same for me, Heff isn't good in the role behind the main forward and Stanton isn't a winger.

happiehibbie
09-08-2014, 06:43 PM
I would go with

Oxley

gray foster hanlon Booth

Kennedy Robertson Craig Harris

Cummings Al Huggy :)

dmc1875
09-08-2014, 06:47 PM
Oxley

Gray
Forster
Hanlon
Stevenson

Craig
Robertson

Harris
Allan
Handling

El alagui

SteveHFC
09-08-2014, 06:48 PM
Seagull

Gray
Hanlon
Forster
Booth

Robertson
Tudor Jones

Craig
Handling
Oxley

El Alagui

Heisenberg
09-08-2014, 06:49 PM

Handling in for Heff is a no brainer for me. Danny is a player I've never been massively impressed with but he was decent in a couple of the friendlies and very good at Ibrox in midweek. Heffernan looked like he wasn't shatp today and he and Farid didn't really click as a partnership. Kennedy is a risky one because I know nothing about him. However Stanton was off the pace today and struggled in midweek too, maybe he just needs a couple of games out to take the pressure off. Rest of the team picks itself at the moment imo.

That'll be what we go with I'd think.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
09-08-2014, 06:51 PM
Ox

Gray
Forster
Hanlon
Stevenson

Robertson
Craig

Handling
Stanton
Harris

El Alagui

whiskyhibby
09-08-2014, 06:53 PM
That'll be what we go with I'd think.

Looks good to me!

JimBHibees
09-08-2014, 06:55 PM
Ox

Gray
Forster
Hanlon
Stevenson

Robertson
Craig

Handling
Stanton
Harris

El Alagui

Same for me.

frazeHFC
09-08-2014, 07:01 PM
I don't know if I can wait a week. I am absolutely buzzing for this. Missed the games v The Huns and Livi cos of exams but they finish Monday. Gonna be horrible counting the days down!

Oxley

Gray Forster Hanlon Stevenson

Robertson Craig

Harris Handling Kennedy

ElAlagui

I've got a feeling Kennedy will be huge for us this season. Him and Harris down the wings and Handling with his good composure in the middle will be very effective. Stanton as an impact sub.

mentalhibee
09-08-2014, 07:07 PM
Ox

Stevenson
Forster
Hanlon
Gray

Craig
Robertson
Allan

Stanton
Harris

El Alagui

Franck Stanton
09-08-2014, 07:19 PM
Notice people are picking Kennedy in Left side of midfield, sure he is a Right winger, [I know he played on left today], could be Harris and him will swap during games.

whiskas
09-08-2014, 07:27 PM
He looked left-footed to me. I do like the way Stubbs has our 2 wide players swapping wings though- makes us a but less predictable in attack

FromTheCapital
09-08-2014, 07:30 PM
Oxley

Gray - Forster - Hanlon - Booth

Robertson - Allan

Handling - Craig - Harris

El Alagui

Centre Hawf
09-08-2014, 07:32 PM
Notice people are picking Kennedy in Left side of midfield, sure he is a Right winger, [I know he played on left today], could be Harris and him will swap during games.

Claims hes a left winger.

Brightside
09-08-2014, 07:35 PM
Kennedy is right footed but likes to play on the left.

sbell1875
09-08-2014, 07:39 PM
For me the team from Tuesday functioned better than today but then again Livi tried to pass the ball a lot more than The Rangers did on Tuesday night.

Wasn't intending to watch their game tomorrow but I will to see how Hearts are looking ahead of next Sunday.

I'd go with the same team from Tuesday night.

PeterboroHibee
09-08-2014, 07:41 PM
I can see Stanton and Heffernan possibly dropping to the bench, with Handling and Kennedy coming in. The rest of the team will stay the same.

007 Mickey Weir
09-08-2014, 07:44 PM
I don't know if I can wait a week. I am absolutely buzzing for this. Missed the games v The Huns and Livi cos of exams but they finish Monday. Gonna be horrible counting the days down!

Oxley

Robertson Craig

Harris Handling Kennedy

ElAlagui

I've got a feeling Kennedy will be huge for us this season. Him and Harris down the wings and Handling with his good composure in the middle will be very effective. Stanton as an impact sub.

That's the team for me. Good shape and balance. Handling is best in the number 10 role behind the striker. Harris plays best on the right and Kennedy is our only attacking left sided player.

DAVE1875
09-08-2014, 07:48 PM
4-2-3-1

---------Oxley---------

Oxley-Oxley-Oxley-Oxley

-----Oxley--Oxley------

--Oxley--Oxley--Oxley--

---------Oxley---------

Plenty of goals in there :greengrin

Smartie
09-08-2014, 08:33 PM
I think it is quite significant that so early in the season most people's first choice teams are more or less the same.

Compare that to the second half of last season when no-one seemed to know what our best team was. Butcher certainly didn't.

Hibeesmad
09-08-2014, 08:45 PM
I really want to see Scott Allan getting more playing time

My team for next week would be:

Oxley

Gray
Forster
Hanlon
Stevenson

Harris
Robertson
Craig
Kennedy

Allan/Cummings
El Alagui

If Allan was to play if have him just behind Farid, if Cummings was to play id have him in a 4-4-2

Hibeesmad
09-08-2014, 08:47 PM
On another note, Robbie Neilson was at the game. Billy Brown and Leigh Griffiths also both present

frazeHFC
09-08-2014, 08:58 PM
Oxley

Robertson Craig

Harris Handling Kennedy

ElAlagui

Going back to the team I posted. For the first time in a long time it'll mean we have a bench containing players who can come on and make a difference. Stanton, Cummings, Heffernan and Allan all on the bench is a great prospect.

.Sean.
09-08-2014, 09:28 PM
Oxley

Gray----Forster----Hanlon----Stevenson

Robertson----Craig

Stanton----Allan----Harris

El Alagui

hfc-1875
09-08-2014, 10:36 PM
Before I get pelters I wasn't at the game today but i'd take harris out the starting team. Need commited players in the team next week and he backs out nearly every tackle. Bring in booth and put stevenson left mid.

Oxley
Gray
Forster
Hanlon
Booth

Kennedy
Robertson
Craig
Stevenson

Handling
El alagui

yankyhibby
09-08-2014, 11:29 PM
Irrespective of the actual line up, my concern is with the mental and emotional side of the game. Will our players, especially those players with vivid memories of our capitulations against that lot last season, be as up for the fight as the Jambos always seem to be? I keep my fingers crossed that Alan Stubb's can work some magic and get our players to believe that they can win. Too many derby's have been lost before our boys run out the tunnel. The freneticism of the derby renders playing calm, controlled football practically impossible. This, for me, is our first real test of the season. If we can come away with a positive result, then the collective confidence will soar. I believe our lads have the skill and ability to out pass that lot and hope that this can be demonstrated at some point during the game after the hounding and hoofball diminishes.

hfc rd
09-08-2014, 11:32 PM

Oxley

Robertson Craig

Harris Handling Kennedy

ElAlagui

If go with that starting XI as well.

shetlandhibee
10-08-2014, 01:43 AM
Oxley
Gray Hanlon Forster Stevenson

Robertson
Craig Kennedy/Harris
Allen

Cummings El Aligui

007 Mickey Weir
10-08-2014, 07:20 AM
We need a steady team with a good balanced shape. People playing in there best positions. Then options on the bench to change it when needed.

I think AS is assembling a squad that can do that. We had a strong bench yesterday. Allan, Kennedy, Cummings all good enough to start but on the bench.

Ronniekirk
10-08-2014, 11:14 AM
We need a steady team with a good balanced shape. People playing in there best positions. Then options on the bench to change it when needed.

I think AS is assembling a squad that can do that. We had a strong bench yesterday. Allan, Kennedy, Cummings all good enough to start but on the bench.

Allan not getting some game time yesterday suggests he is not match fit so he won't get put straight into derby match I wouldn't think .oAnyone know if there is under 20 game midweek so some of these players can get a run out .

The Leith Dutch
10-08-2014, 01:55 PM
Before I get pelters I wasn't at the game today but i'd take harris out the starting team. Need commited players in the team next week and he backs out nearly every tackle.

I'd have been inclined to agree with you about Harris but yesterday's game I noticed a distinct change.
While not exactly looking like Roy Keane he looked to me to be a lot more committed to tackles and less jumpy.

That would strike me as we maybe now have a coaching set up capable of identifying issues and resolving them which, if true, is a major step forward for the club.

The Leith Dutch
10-08-2014, 02:03 PM

Happily I think most of the team as you say picks itself - big step forward.

Also interesting to see Handling going from a player that a lot of the support were, to put it mildly, unconvinced by look like one a lot of us want to start.

Probably my only query would be Kennedy - the general impression I've got of him from the comments of the supporters of other teams he's played for suggest a tendency not to look up and be too involved in beating players rather than making the right call.
There was one example of this yesterday.

I think he'll turn out to be a great asset - we need some pace and trickery plus him and Harris seem to be able to play either wing - but I think he probably needs to bed into the team a little more and maybe the PBS isn't the best start for him.

He's clearly got bags of pace mind and I'll be more than happy to be proved wrong when he starts and rips the Yam fullbacks up for a**e paper ;)

gegs70
10-08-2014, 07:41 PM
I think Harris may be a little light weight for a derby game...I would start hI'm on the bench.

Pretty Boy
10-08-2014, 07:43 PM
Slight change to mine

Oxley

Gray
Forster
Hanlon
Stevenson

Harris
Craig
Robertson
Kennedy

El Alagui
Griffiths

GoldenEagle
10-08-2014, 07:48 PM
Same team that started v Rangers IMO.. Only I'd take out Stanton and go with Allan

Jonnyboy
10-08-2014, 08:10 PM
Irrespective of the actual line up, my concern is with the mental and emotional side of the game. Will our players, especially those players with vivid memories of our capitulations against that lot last season, be as up for the fight as the Jambos always seem to be? I keep my fingers crossed that Alan Stubb's can work some magic and get our players to believe that they can win. Too many derby's have been lost before our boys run out the tunnel. The freneticism of the derby renders playing calm, controlled football practically impossible. This, for me, is our first real test of the season. If we can come away with a positive result, then the collective confidence will soar. I believe our lads have the skill and ability to out pass that lot and hope that this can be demonstrated at some point during the game after the hounding and hoofball diminishes.

I'm hoping the new found confidence and a determination to put things right on the park will motivate these guys

HappyHibby93
10-08-2014, 08:20 PM
Ox

Gray
Forster
Hanlon
Stevenson

Craig Robertson
Harris Handling Kennedy

El Alagiu

Hibeesmad
10-08-2014, 08:28 PM
I think Harris may be a little light weight for a derby game...I would start hI'm on the bench.

This could come to our advantage as it could bring in a lot more free kicks etc, I think I'm right in saying he won the free kick at Tynie which Griffiths put into the top corner?

Regardless of that, he would be one of the first names on the team sheet. One of the most talented players we have

Ken
10-08-2014, 08:31 PM
In the last few games at Tynie we've shown them too much respect and let them dictate the game from the 1st minute. I think we need players that can run at them on the wings (Harris and Kennedy) to force them to sit deeper and allow our midfield 3 to boss the centre of the park. I'd go with...

.................Ox

Harris Robertson Craig Kennedy
.....................Stanton

....................El Alagui

buktapurple79
10-08-2014, 09:58 PM
In the last few games at Tynie we've shown them too much respect and let them dictate the game from the 1st minute. I think we need players that can run at them on the wings (Harris and Kennedy) to force them to sit deeper and allow our midfield 3 to boss the centre of the park. I'd go with...

.................Ox

Harris Robertson Craig Kennedy
.....................Stanton

....................El Alagui

That team will rip them apart. Stants and Bomber have the pace to really hurt them. They think they've won the league already, Alan will have them pumped up big style.

yankyhibby
10-08-2014, 10:49 PM
I'm hoping the new found confidence and a determination to put things right on the park will motivate these guys

Ditto

NadeAteMyLunch!
11-08-2014, 10:32 AM
The best chance to get at Hearts is down the wings. McTattie and McGee are their weakest links and both should have been sent off yesterday IMO. McGee eventually being subbed before he was sent off. Anyone other than Craig Thomson as ref and he would have already been off. Would like to see Harris and Kennedy starting for that very reason

Franck Stanton
11-08-2014, 12:20 PM
Slight change to mine

Oxley

Gray
Forster
Hanlon
Stevenson

Harris
Craig
Robertson
Kennedy

El Alagui
Griffiths

Surprised it took 35 posts before someone said it

ALF TUPPER
11-08-2014, 12:43 PM

:agree: Yep. I agree with all this.

Particular mention for Gray. Enjoy watching him. Good to see a RB running up the wing and firing a shot in with his left peg. Didnt let anything or anyone faze him on Saturday.

GGTTH

ALF TUPPER
11-08-2014, 12:50 PM
http://www.hibs.net/images/hibsnet/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by Pretty Boy http://www.hibs.net/images/hibsnet/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?p=4124245#post4124245)
Slight change to mine

Oxley

Gray
Forster
Hanlon
Stevenson

Harris
Craig
Robertson
Kennedy

El Alagui

Griffiths

Surprised it took 35 posts before someone said it

:tee hee:

Hibee87
11-08-2014, 01:22 PM
Same team, tactics and formation as we started with against rangers with the only slight possible change of kennedy for stanton:gwa:

southsider
11-08-2014, 02:25 PM
Hear7s are a typical CL team. Physical players whose main tactic is set plays. We have to stand up to this and let the ball do our talking. No silly free kicks near our box. AS knows just how much it means to us. GGTTH.