PDA

View Full Version : Todays Match Funny Moment

down-the-slope
09-08-2014, 05:49 PM
And Yes it does include the Ox's goal.....

Paul Hanlon is off with the nasty cut below his eye having been repaired.....bench are trying to get him on...ref is having none of it.....The Ox has ball in his hands and shapes to kick.... AS is going mental waving his hands about and shouting (wants ball played out to defence to keep possession so that we can get the ball out up the pitch and Hanlon can get on without us being under pressure).....

Hooooooooof......AS still going radge as ball sails through the air.....the change in his demeanour as he goes from thinking we have gifted possession in a 10v11 situation to seeing BOUNCE and ball sail over keeper into the net.....

worth the admission money alone...and I do hope his antics are caught on camera somewhere...

:tee hee:

Twiglet
09-08-2014, 06:05 PM
I was also shouting for them to let Hanlon on. Almost missed the goal shouting and looking at the ref. Just noticed out the corner of my eye the ball hitting the ground and bouncing over the keeper. Didn't have a clue who'd scored until all the players mobbed Oxley.

Jim Herriot
09-08-2014, 06:32 PM
Is Oxley only the second keeper to score for Hibs? Historians? Have we ever had a keeper/penalty taker?

Hiber-nation
09-08-2014, 06:34 PM
Is Oxley only the second keeper to score for Hibs? Historians? Have we ever had a keeper/penalty taker?

Goram against Morton, 1987?

007 Mickey Weir
09-08-2014, 06:36 PM
Seen Goram score from open play against Morton and from penalty spot in the cup.

BT58
09-08-2014, 06:38 PM
My wife who was unwell this morning had text me at exact moment. I missed the oxes kick, but when i looked up the ball bounced over the goalie into the net !!!

erin go bragh
09-08-2014, 06:47 PM
I was also shouting for them to let Hanlon on. Almost missed the goal shouting and looking at the ref. Just noticed out the corner of my eye the ball hitting the ground and bouncing over the keeper. Didn't have a clue who'd scored until all the players mobbed Oxley.

This . Didnt have a clue who scored . Lol .
Great chant from the fans " he scores when he wants " lol

Ggtth

Jim Herriot
09-08-2014, 06:51 PM
Goram against Morton, 1987?

Yes, afaik he was the first. But is that true?

I still vaguely recall the Pink headline - Goram's goal stuns sad Morton.

Hibrandenburg
09-08-2014, 07:27 PM

Seem to remember Mike McDonald scoring from his penalty area. Could also be that my brain's mush and I'm just imagining it!

CRAZYHIBBY
09-08-2014, 07:28 PM
When are the highlights going to be shown

PeterboroHibee
09-08-2014, 07:38 PM
And Yes it does include the Ox's goal.....

Paul Hanlon is off with the nasty cut below his eye having been repaired.....bench are trying to get him on...ref is having none of it.....The Ox has ball in his hands and shapes to kick.... AS is going mental waving his hands about and shouting (wants ball played out to defence to keep possession so that we can get the ball out up the pitch and Hanlon can get on without us being under pressure).....

Hooooooooof......AS still going radge as ball sails through the air.....the change in his demeanour as he goes from thinking we have gifted possession in a 10v11 situation to seeing BOUNCE and ball sail over keeper into the net.....

worth the admission money alone...and I do hope his antics are caught on camera somewhere...

:tee hee:

I really like that about Stubbs. Obviously today Oxley booting up the pitch benefited us through a total fluke moment, but the fact Stubbs wants it played out so we can retain possession and build our play is so refreshing. Im sure it will cost us at times, but its a far better approach and gives us control in what we do rather than just booting it long for the sake of it.

HoboHarry
09-08-2014, 07:54 PM
Seem to remember Mike McDonald scoring from his penalty area. Could also be that my brain's mush and I'm just imagining it!
I had the same thought but Wiki claims no career goals. Somebody prove me wrong......

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_McDonald_(footballer)

Sas_The_Hibby
09-08-2014, 08:03 PM
Hope Oxley gets disciplined for ignoring AS's instructions! :wink:

Jonnyboy
09-08-2014, 08:05 PM
Hope Oxley gets disciplined for ignoring AS's instructions! :wink:

:greengrin He's our joint top scorer and has more league goals than Miller and Boyd combined :greengrin

YehButNoBut
09-08-2014, 08:32 PM
goal on this youtube video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PdJ8M-v9vKk&feature=youtu.be

Greencore
09-08-2014, 08:56 PM
Anyone else in the famous five hear the old man rambling on and shouting at Hibs for all of the 90 mins "come on Hibs keep hold of the ball" livi had the ball for around 20 seconds lol