PDA

View Full Version : Delighted with a home win

marleyhib
09-08-2014, 05:46 PM
Delighted we won today, a big result for us I feel. Anything else would have been a big blow to us supporters and the team's confidence after what we've all been through.

Not all good but very encouraged with first half performance and us seeing it out.

Hopefully good things to come from Cummings, Allen and Kennedy too.

nellio
09-08-2014, 05:49 PM
Agree, good to get points on the board. Did seen to become complacent in the 2nd half though and I think that Stubbsy should have changed things to freshen the team up before he did. Overall happy with the win though!:agree:

Sas_The_Hibby
09-08-2014, 05:55 PM
First home win I've been at in well over a year.

I'm sure I am not alone! :wink:

mjhibby
10-08-2014, 08:32 AM
Agree, good to get points on the board. Did seen to become complacent in the 2nd half though and I think that Stubbsy should have changed things to freshen the team up before he did. Overall happy with the win though!:agree:

All that mattered today was winning and getting the three points. We played some good stuff as well so quite pleasing. As has only been in the job a few weeks and I'm sure there is still a couple of more signings to come. Great interview by our manager after the game on sky saying it will take time of heal the wounds from last season and build the confidence of the team and the fans. Next week will be tough so let's get behind the team as I'm sure the team will respond with the fans behind them. Need to improve in a few areas but day was a start. No point in playing brilliant and then drawing or losing is there. gGTTH.

hfc-1875
10-08-2014, 08:40 AM
Hopefully make easter road a fortress this season, as it hasn't been for a few seasons now.

Dashing Bob S
10-08-2014, 08:42 AM
As a support, our confidence in the club has been shattered by last season, the ultimate low in seven years of steady decline. I'm happy that in Stubbs, we have a level-headed manager, who is doing the right things, being shy about making big declarations, and going about the job professionally and stylishly. That's the way we rebuild confidence in the club.

allezsauzee
10-08-2014, 08:45 AM
Not sure we were complacent. We played some lovely football in the first half but it's difficult to maintain that for the full game, especially this early in the season. I think we need to tighten up our passing in the final third but I'm delighted that there was no panic once we conceded and went on to secure the 3 points. I hope Craig and Robbo dominate the midfield like that at the PBS

leggeto
10-08-2014, 09:31 AM
A few months ago we would have lost that so its a start in the right direction

Keith_M
10-08-2014, 10:11 AM
In the last four seasons, we've won a grand total of 18 home league games. That's 4.5 per season.

Stubbs already has 100% record, so could be considered an improvement :wink:

rcarter1
10-08-2014, 10:25 AM
In the last four seasons, we've won a grand total of 18 home league games. That's 4.5 per season.

Stubbs already has 100% record, so could be considered an improvement :wink:

18 sounds like an awful lot, even over 4 years…

CallumLaidlaw
10-08-2014, 10:26 AM
Subs were a wee but slow but considering we were 2-1 up, I was pleased to see Stubbs being positive and bringing on 2 attacking players. Last season it would have been Nelson and jones that came on

CallumLaidlaw
10-08-2014, 10:27 AM
18 sounds like an awful lot, even over 4 years…

18 out of roughly 72. That doesn't sound like a lot when put into perspective.

rcarter1
10-08-2014, 10:34 AM
18 out of roughly 72. That doesn't sound like a lot when put into perspective.

Don't get me wrong, it is a very bad record, but the last four years have been so lame to watch, that 18 wins just sounds quite a lot.
I mean when I say the words '18 wins' it just doesn't sound right.. :greengrin

Borderhibbie76
10-08-2014, 12:14 PM
Think the 2nd half lull was also due to playing ET with 10 men at Hunnery midweek...many people forgetting this whilst livi had free midweek...