PDA

View Full Version : Heckling heffernan

percy veer
09-08-2014, 05:01 PM
To guy constantly barraging heffernan from the 5th minute well done your constant abuse must have done the team wonders for confidence, admit it you were pleased when he missed that chance in the second half. :thumbsup:

Stuarty27
09-08-2014, 05:04 PM
He was very very poor and looked unfit.

Should of been given the hook much earlier.

Pretty Boy
09-08-2014, 05:05 PM
Few behind me seemed deeperate for us to lose as well.

Screaming abuse because we kept the ball in the corner for the last 2 or 3 minutes. Nipped away all game about 'tippy tappy pish' and my personal favourite called our Morroccan striker a '****ing Bengali'.

HoboHarry
09-08-2014, 05:06 PM
He was very very poor and looked unfit.

Should of been given the hook much earlier.
We won and Heff got valuable game time to help him get fit. What's the problem?

lucky
09-08-2014, 05:08 PM
Lots of new people around us most were supporting the team

percy veer
09-08-2014, 05:09 PM

Screaming abuse because we kept the ball in the corner for the last 2 or 3 minutes. Nipped away all game about 'tippy tappy pish' and my personal favourite called our Morroccan striker a '****ing Bengali'.

There was was a guy screaming for Craig to take the corner quickly in the last minute, see out the game ,first game of the season always about getting 3 points on the board

PISTOL1875
09-08-2014, 05:09 PM
To guy constantly barraging heffernan from the 5th minute well done your constant abuse must have done the team wonders for confidence, admit it you were pleased when he missed that chance in the second half. :thumbsup:

Instead of bleating about it on here , why didn't you ask him if he was pleased ??

Keith_M
09-08-2014, 05:10 PM

I thought you were a Boxer, couldn't you just sort them out?

:wink:

hibee_girl
09-08-2014, 05:12 PM
Not condoning the abuse but Heffernan was miles off the pace today, we were screaming out for him to be replaced by Cummings a lot earlier.

percy veer
09-08-2014, 05:12 PM
Instead of bleating about it on here , why didn't you ask him if he was pleased ??

I prefer to bleat

dmc1875
09-08-2014, 05:13 PM
On the flip side he took up a great position on two occassions when he should have been given the ball. He needs game time.

Hiber-nation
09-08-2014, 05:14 PM

So it's bleating if folk on come on here to talk about some of the erseholes in our support instead of confronting them and potentially getting a smack in the mouth. Good.

Keith_M
09-08-2014, 05:14 PM
I prefer to bleat

I'd stay well clear of Pittodrie, if I were you.

Leith Green
09-08-2014, 05:15 PM
Holy **** there is always a thread about how bad our fans are.. Ffs just accept that in a crowd of 9330 chances are people will see things differently and react differently to urself.. I have moved from the east to west lower and to be perfectly honest i have really enjoyed the united game and livi game in there, pleasantly surprised!

percy veer
09-08-2014, 05:17 PM
So it's bleating if folk on come on here to talk about some of the erseholes in our support instead of confronting them and potentially getting a smack in the mouth. Good.
Obviously too busy frothing at the mouth over a half fit heffernan getting valuable game time in his comeback from injury, whilst also giving Cummings a rest on his comeback

hfc rd
09-08-2014, 05:17 PM

Had 2-3 a******* in front of me as well today. Nearly every Hibs player on the pitch and Alan Stubbs got some abuse thrown at them by the idiots. Even Scott Allan who didn't even play today got some abuse!

Just got a feeling this will never stop unfortunately, even if we were to play like Barcelona. Their will still be some football expert hardmen in the stands hurling and screaming abuse for the sake of it.

percy veer
09-08-2014, 05:19 PM
Holy **** there is always a thread about how bad our fans are.. Ffs just accept that in a crowd of 9330 chances are people will see things differently and react differently to urself.. I have moved from the east to west lower and to be perfectly honest i have really enjoyed the united game and livi game in there, pleasantly surprised!

Really enjoyed the game aswell, good atmosphere but when you hear this constantly it does get tiring

Pretty Boy
09-08-2014, 05:23 PM
Really enjoyed the game aswell, good atmosphere but when you hear this constantly it does get tiring

I'd agree with this. On the whole the atmosphere was great but the idiots are really tiresome and it's constant.

Leith Green
09-08-2014, 05:25 PM

Where i sat in the East, people constantly arguing with each other, again its a game of football attended by thousands, u are gonna get roasters and our support is just the same as any other.. Im just surprised that people still plonk thread after thread on .net to complain about it

Stringer
09-08-2014, 05:29 PM
Need goals from the midfield this season. If Craig is on set pieces I predict he will be top scorer.

percy veer
09-08-2014, 05:30 PM
Where i sat in the East, people constantly arguing with each other, again its a game of football attended by thousands, u are gonna get roasters and our support is just the same as any other.. Im just surprised that people still plonk thread after thread on .net to complain about it

I suppose ill ill just stick to posting asking if a cash gate is available

iwasthere1972
09-08-2014, 05:35 PM
There was was a guy screaming for Craig to take the corner quickly in the last minute, see out the game ,first game of the season always about getting 3 points on the board

Guy next to me didn't like all this time wasting to see out the last three minutes. Kept telling him that's what the opposition would do and it's in our interest to do likewise. Previous seasons we would have taken the corner which would be cleared resulting in the ball landing in the Hibs net.

Not great today but we won it and that's the most important thing.

Sas_The_Hibby
09-08-2014, 05:52 PM
Guy next to me didn't like all this time wasting to see out the last three minutes. Kept telling him that's what the opposition would do and it's in our interest to do likewise. Previous seasons we would have taken the corner which would be cleared resulting in the ball landing in the Hibs net.

Not great today but we won it and that's the most important thing.

I think it's the first time I've seen Hibs try to keep the ball in the corner to see out a game AND actually manage it! :greengrin

silverhibee
09-08-2014, 05:56 PM
Had 2-3 a******* in front of me as well today. Nearly every Hibs player on the pitch and Alan Stubbs got some abuse thrown at them by the idiots. Even Scott Allan who didn't even play today got some abuse!

Just got a feeling this will never stop unfortunately, even if we were to play like Barcelona. Their will still be some football expert hardmen in the stands hurling and screaming abuse for the sake of it.

Come sit in the East, the only thing i heard from the folk around me was backing for the team today.

matty_f
09-08-2014, 05:57 PM
Lethe crowd around me were by and large very supportive today. I heard very few grumbles.

hfc rd
09-08-2014, 05:57 PM
Come sit in the East, the only thing i heard from the folk around me was backing for the team today.

Might do.

silverhibee
09-08-2014, 06:03 PM
Lethe crowd around me were by and large very supportive today. I heard very few grumbles.

Is that the river that runs through Leith. :greengrin

down-the-slope
09-08-2014, 06:09 PM

We have a more civilised level of moaning - more humour based.....:greengrin

TrinityHibs
09-08-2014, 06:14 PM
I sit in the west lower near the dug out and we have a few guys who have strong opinions. There was very little negativity today.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
09-08-2014, 06:27 PM
Remember Heffernan wont be 100% fit because of the injury he had. It'll take a couple of games for him to get back to normal.

Feed the Heff.

emerald green
09-08-2014, 06:38 PM

:agree: I keep saying this, but Hibs supporters are no better and no worse than any football fans all over the world (some countries have much more volatile fans than we have here in the UK).

It's just not realistic to expect not a single fan to ever moan or shout criticism at players. This happens at every ground I've ever been in all over Scotland and England, and I've heard really good players at top clubs getting pelters from some of their own fans.

matty_f
09-08-2014, 07:17 PM
Is that the river that runs through Leith. :greengrin

Fat fingers!

matty_f
09-08-2014, 07:19 PM
:agree: I keep saying this, but Hibs supporters are no better and no worse than any football fans all over the world (some countries have much more volatile fans than we have here in the UK).

It's just not realistic to expect not a single fan to ever moan or shout criticism at players. This happens at every ground I've ever been in all over Scotland and England, and I've heard really good players at top clubs getting pelters from some of their own fans.

Some folk are relentless though, and at some point (hopefully) they'll realise that abusing your own players rarely helps matters.

Kato
09-08-2014, 08:13 PM
we kept the ball in the corner for the last 2 or 3 minutes.

Although there were glimpses of some very good football today that last 2 or 3 minutes was my favourite bit of the game today. Obviously very professional thing to do but showed we dig out the points.

Looking forward to this team developing further and gaining more confidence.

Viva_Palmeiras
09-08-2014, 10:22 PM

The broken record's getting tedious though and for all the vitriol thrown at the team in recent times it's never exactly turned things around. TB and MM have been roundly disparaged for berating the players - the irony is missed by some it seems.

After last season folks should realise it was rock bottom. The players, management nor supporters could keep doing the same things expecting a different result (the different result last year turned out to be worse). So time to move on.

When it comes to "abusing" players I'd say repeat offenders should rethink their relationship with the club and whether it's a healthy one. We have a young team we need to let them flourish.

Besides should we not reserve the bile for the opposition?

lord bunberry
09-08-2014, 10:30 PM

I've been in the east for years but switched to the famous five this season and all I heard was positive support for the team. IMO some fans want to have a go at fellow supporters to prove their some sort of better fan, which is pish. If the abuse is to much then move seasts or don't go

Russ
09-08-2014, 10:34 PM
Need goals from the midfield this season. If Craig is on set pieces I predict he will be top scorer.

I predict he won't be :greengrin

Weststandwanab
10-08-2014, 08:41 AM
I sit in the west lower near the dug out and we have a few guys who have strong opinions. There was very little negativity today.

Me too and I agree almost none even when we conceded.

Leith Green
10-08-2014, 09:19 AM
I have to say I find some people at Easter Road embarrassing, cringey at times. By that I include the supporters whose sole purpose seems to centre around abusing anything In a green jersey with what at times are pretty uneducated abuse. I also include the supporters whose stance seems to centre around applauding anything and everything that they see or hear as if they are somehow some higher category of Hibs supporter.

If you ask me, both these types of extremeness amongst our support are pretty uneducated and very annoying , what would be good to see would be the platform to support the team and applaud players who are giving the maximum effort, and also to make your feelings clear when you feel things arent right. Anybody who was abusing anything yesterday needs their head examined, same as the clowns who were happy to applaud their way through games at the end of last season. It would be good if every Hibs fan was somewhere in between, but logic tells you that aint gonna happen, but its no different at any other football club and it surprises me that people still feel the need to start thread after thread about it

j'adore hibs
10-08-2014, 09:39 AM
Although there were glimpses of some very good football today that last 2 or 3 minutes was my favourite bit of the game today. Obviously very professional thing to do but showed we dig out the points.

this!! hibs had been on the back foot and needed to keep the ball to ensure livi did not break up field and score an equalizer last minute

hamilton anyone?

this to me shows a more professional attitude and stubbs is doing what he said he would, remove the hoofball but do what is necessary to get results

NORTHERNHIBBY
10-08-2014, 10:17 AM
Is a concern that a first pick player is not 100% fit because trying to get match fit in real games is risky. Guessing that the a-holes have louder voices individually than than the other 99% of the crowd put together?

Big_Franck
10-08-2014, 11:33 AM
Never understood the fans that berate certain players all game as it's counterproductive.

Having said that I think Heffernan is poor and i'd hope that we could sign another striker before the end of August.

Winston Ingram
10-08-2014, 11:37 AM
Not condoning the abuse but Heffernan was miles off the pace today, we were screaming out for him to be replaced by Cummings a lot earlier.

He was awful. I couldn't understand why Stubbs took so long to take him off

rcarter1
10-08-2014, 11:39 AM
Never understood the fans that berate certain players all game as it's counterproductive.

Having said that I think Heffernan is poor and i'd hope that we could sign another striker before the end of August.

Don't agree with the assessment of Heff - particularly at the Championship level. Perhaps a poor game yesterday, but could get match fit soon, and on his game can be a canny operator. Would not rule out him being a key man against the Yumbos next week.

Cant argue against signing another striker however!

Big_Franck
10-08-2014, 11:43 AM
Don't agree with the assessment of Heff - particularly at the Championship level. Perhaps a poor game yesterday, but could get match fit soon, and on his game can be a canny operator. Would not rule out him being a key man against the Yumbos next week.

Cant argue against signing another striker however!

You're not alone there. The guys I go to the games with seem to think he's decent, but IMO bar his first 3 or 4 games for us he has been rank. He's got a decent touch but he's slow and his finishing is often pathetic.

I seem to remember him scoring a hattrick for Killie at the PBS though so hopefully it's a lucky ground for him.

rcarter1
10-08-2014, 01:21 PM
You're not alone there. The guys I go to the games with seem to think he's decent, but IMO bar his first 3 or 4 games for us he has been rank. He's got a decent touch but he's slow and his finishing is often pathetic.

I seem to remember him scoring a hattrick for Killie at the PBS though so hopefully it's a lucky ground for him.

The slowness can't be helped, but the finishing could click at any time. Next week would be good place to start!

J-C
10-08-2014, 01:26 PM
I think if Heff didn't have another year left on his contract he'd be gone, very injury prone and does seem past his best, would prefer to look at the youngsters and move on from Heffernan.

down-the-slope
10-08-2014, 01:43 PM
I've been in the east for years but switched to the famous five this season and all I heard was positive support for the team. IMO some fans want to have a go at fellow supporters to prove their some sort of better fan, which is pish. If the abuse is to much then move seasts or don't go

I might be wrong but East has more 'walk up fans' and so not the same every week. in other area's like where I sit there is a more regular stable support and so those who are the moaners eventually get the message - we had 2 or 3 behind me who over a couple of seasons have moderated with a bit of banter / humour - disagreeing with some of the more outrageous stuff they uttered (I did consider moving a year or so ago) but now actually get on pretty well with them now

bobbyhibs1983
10-08-2014, 03:01 PM

How people can see things differently!!
i agree there were glimpses of good football, i did not like the last 2-3 mins of the game , I thought hibs SHOULD have had the game wrapped up by that state of the game, it felt to me we were trying to hang on, of course that is imo

Kato
10-08-2014, 03:07 PM
How people can see things differently!!
i agree there were glimpses of good football, i did not like the last 2-3 mins of the game , I thought hibs SHOULD have had the game wrapped up by that state of the game, it felt to me we were trying to hang on, of course that is imo

We could have had the game tied up by then given the chances, especially in the first half. However we didn't so went about avoiding doing anything stupid to lose the points by playing the time down.

That to me shows a winning mentality.

bobbyhibs1983
10-08-2014, 03:20 PM
We could have had the game tied up by then given the chances, especially in the first half. However we didn't so went about avoiding doing anything stupid to lose the points by playing the time down.

That to me shows a winning mentality.

i can see what you mean but i disagree.I hope you dont mind my saying but i dunno if it shows a winning mentality.

a winning mentality IMO of course is a team who should lose but do not give up and turn a 1-0 with 2mintues to go and somehow win 2-1,. an example is 1999 man united winning the champions league.
what i felt we did yesterday with a few minutes to go was to keep the ball in the corner, ye maybe be senseable, but i think its how you how maybe valuanable our team is(or maybe feels) that we did not have the confidence to pass the ball about and avoid mistakes.

Kato
10-08-2014, 03:24 PM
we did not have the confidence to pass the ball about and avoid mistakes.

Like we did against Hamilton in the last few minutes last season?

Joking aside - it's a small aspect of yesterdays game. For me, it showed a bit nous and professionalism, something sadly missing at ER the last few years.

emerald green
10-08-2014, 03:24 PM
Some folk are relentless though, and at some point (hopefully) they'll realise that abusing your own players rarely helps matters.

I agree that "abusing" your own players relentlessly is bang out of order. Some people, because of the type of person they are and/or the mentality they have, just don't even realise it I suspect and let their frustration boil over if a player is not performing to the standard they think they should. More often than not, the fan shouting the odds couldn't get a game for a pub team.

The broken record's getting tedious though and for all the vitriol thrown at the team in recent times it's never exactly turned things around. TB and MM have been roundly disparaged for berating the players - the irony is missed by some it seems.

After last season folks should realise it was rock bottom. The players, management nor supporters could keep doing the same things expecting a different result (the different result last year turned out to be worse). So time to move on.

When it comes to "abusing" players I'd say repeat offenders should rethink their relationship with the club and whether it's a healthy one. We have a young team we need to let them flourish.

Besides should we not reserve the bile for the opposition?

See also my comments above. You make very valid points too in your post. Of course we as supporters should encourage the players as much as possible, especially the younger ones coming into the first team. I'm all in favour of reserving the bile for the opposition.

It doesn't mean that because a fan/supporter voices criticism from time to time that he/she doesn't want the team to do well. Sometimes frustration boils over and some folk just let rip.

erin go bragh
10-08-2014, 03:59 PM
Every club has ********s . Some have more than others ( zombie/diet huns , smeltic ) heff imo should have shot first time with his chance near the end .

Ggtth

PISTOL1875
10-08-2014, 05:37 PM

This is another example of the computer hardmen that come on here. Hiding behind a keyboard instead of speaking to them face to face.

The Gorf
11-08-2014, 05:43 PM
I prefer to bleat

Ha, nice one. :greengrin

ancient hibee
11-08-2014, 06:01 PM
Heffernan was a rushed signing and doesn't seem to have been fit since he arrived and also appears to lack a bit of heart.If we need another striker a guy called Collins scored 2 goals for Shrewsbury would he be worth a punt?

HibbyAndy
11-08-2014, 06:20 PM
Heffernan was a rushed signing and doesn't seem to have been fit since he arrived and also appears to lack a bit of heart.If we need another striker a guy called Collins scored 2 goals for Shrewsbury would he be worth a punt?

No chance! He was a proven goalscorer at SPL level for Kilmarnock. Not a hope in hell he was a rushed signing.

Leith Green
11-08-2014, 06:23 PM
No chance! He was a proven goalscorer at SPL level for Kilmarnock. Not a hope in hell he was a rushed signing.

If memory serves me right, heffernan and nelson were basically from Jimmy Nicholls input.. I actually think Fenlon didnt want to sign Nelson on Nicholls advice prior to him actually signing

ancient hibee
11-08-2014, 06:33 PM

You're an argumentative devil:greengrin.My recollection is that he was signed at the last moment-and he certainly has never been fit since he arrived.

Lago
11-08-2014, 06:46 PM
Your lucky, l had a ST there for a few years and had a family of 5 cretins behind me, they use to abuse subs when they warmed up, classic.

TheFamous1875
11-08-2014, 06:48 PM
You're an argumentative devil:greengrin.My recollection is that he was signed at the last moment-and he certainly has never been fit since he arrived.

That's exactly it.

There were grumbles behind the scenes at Killie and it was alleged that Heffernan wasn't happy about the sacking of Kenny Shiels and his contract was apparently terminated, which suited both parties.

I thought we'd picked a real steal at the time, as Heff's a proven SPL striker and a great finisher, but since his arrival last year, he's never been fully fit or match fit so we've never really seen the best of him at all. Remembering his goals is actually quite the task!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

HibbyAndy
11-08-2014, 07:13 PM

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

All good mate :greengrin

matty_f
11-08-2014, 07:50 PM
When did the crossover from abusing the opposition to abusing our own instead happen?

I much preferred it when we went easy on the good guys and slaughtered the baddies.

Can't even remember the last time I heard a song about an opponent's wife, or questioning their legitimacy. Last time anyone got any decent treatment was Samaras.

The Leith Dutch
11-08-2014, 08:08 PM
I have to say I find some people at Easter Road embarrassing, cringey at times. By that I include the supporters whose sole purpose seems to centre around abusing anything In a green jersey with what at times are pretty uneducated abuse.

One of the things that worries me is how little about football some of the critics seem to know.

The boy behind where I sit in the East will regularly be giving it "That's ******ing s**t Hibs" without seemingly being able to recognise the difference between actual s**t and what was a nice idea that just didn't quite come off.

There's a big difference.

sleeping giant
11-08-2014, 09:17 PM
If memory serves me right, heffernan and nelson were basically from Jimmy Nicholls input.. I actually think Fenlon didnt want to sign Nelson on Nicholls advice prior to him actually signing

What makes you think that ?

sleeping giant
11-08-2014, 09:19 PM
When did the crossover from abusing the opposition to abusing our own instead happen?

I much preferred it when we went easy on the good guys and slaughtered the baddies.

Can't even remember the last time I heard a song about an opponent's wife, or questioning their legitimacy. Last time anyone got any decent treatment was Samaras.

:agree:

" Robbo , Robbo whurs yer wife ? Whurs yer wife? She's getting snagged by a hibee , snagged by a hibee"

HibbyAndy
11-08-2014, 09:23 PM

" Robbo , Robbo whurs yer wife ? Whurs yer wife? She's getting snagged by a hibee , snagged by a hibee"

It was actually 'She's here..She's there..She's every ****ing where Robbos wife' :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Mon Jimmy get way it :hilarious :greengrin

Brightside
11-08-2014, 09:53 PM
One of the things that worries me is how little about football some of the critics seem to know.

The boy behind where I sit in the East will regularly be giving it "That's ******ing s**t Hibs" without seemingly being able to recognise the difference between actual s**t and what was a nice idea that just didn't quite come off.

There's a big difference.

Many of our fans are going to really struggle this year with our new style of play. How dare we keep the ball, how dare we start from the back again. Ive watched most of the friendlies and the initial real games and we've turned a massive corner. Will take a long time for some fans to be educated.

Big_Franck
11-08-2014, 10:03 PM
It was actually 'She's here..She's there..She's every ****ing where Robbos wife' :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Was there not also one that went "she's no very good, she's no very good..."??

Or was that maybe colin cameron's wife?

B.H.F.C
11-08-2014, 10:04 PM
Many of our fans are going to really struggle this year with our new style of play. How dare we keep the ball, how dare we start from the back again. Ive watched most of the friendlies and the initial real games and we've turned a massive corner. Will take a long time for some fans to be educated.

Get what you're saying to a certain extent. But folk just want to see a winning team. If we are winning regularly then folk will be happy. If we aren't they won't be. Simple as that.

matty_f
11-08-2014, 10:06 PM
Was there not also one that went "she's no very good, she's no very good..."??

Or was that maybe colin cameron's wife?

See this is the real reason (obviously!) our home form is pish. We need more abuse to their players and we need them to be thinking about who has pumped (or is pumping) their other half.

Big_Franck
11-08-2014, 10:11 PM
See this is the real reason (obviously!) our home form is pish. We need more abuse to their players and we need them to be thinking about who has pumped (or is pumping) their other half.

We could bring back the 'jamie walker's sister's pants' song on sunday!

sleeping giant
11-08-2014, 10:12 PM

I distinctly remember the song I posted Andy. I remember it because he scored straight after and slid on his knees infront of the terracing. I also remember thinking , well I'm no singing that again :greengrin

sleeping giant
11-08-2014, 10:13 PM
Sow , Sow yer wifes a cow :greengrin

matty_f
11-08-2014, 10:19 PM
I distinctly remember the song I posted Andy. I remember it because he scored straight after and slid on his knees infront of the terracing. I also remember thinking , well I'm no singing that again :greengrin

:agree: stopping singing it never crossed my mind!

HibbyAndy
11-08-2014, 10:22 PM

:hilarious :hilarious

Wee fat **** that he was Jimmy :thumbsup:

A swear to god you have me in stitches every time man :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

sleeping giant
11-08-2014, 10:22 PM
:agree: stopping singing it never crossed my mind!

While you were giving her one :not worth

matty_f
11-08-2014, 10:30 PM

While you were giving her one :not worth

:faf:

West Upper
12-08-2014, 06:22 PM
We could bring back the 'jamie walker's sister's pants' song on sunday!

What song is this? :confused:

Argylehibby
12-08-2014, 09:11 PM

Is that the same fans who moaned about Butchers way of dealing with players and saying it's no wonder their confidence was shot?

No I don't expect "not a single fan to ever moan or shout" but FFS when we are winning, playing well and needing to break a pathetic home record is it too much to ask that the supporters actually encourage and support the team? When was the last time Hibs lost a goal and the support actually tried to lift the players with real vocal support? Last I remember was AEK Athens.

silverhibee
12-08-2014, 09:50 PM
Is that the same fans who moaned about Butchers way of dealing with players and saying it's no wonder their confidence was shot?

No I don't expect "not a single fan to ever moan or shout" but FFS when we are winning, playing well and needing to break a pathetic home record is it too much to ask that the supporters actually encourage and support the team? When was the last time Hibs lost a goal and the support actually tried to lift the players with real vocal support? Last I remember was AEK Athens.

Hamilton game when we got relegated, crowd got behind the team after we went 1-0 down.

Infact the team got plenty of vocal encouraging support last season, not our fault they were pish.

blackpoolhibs
12-08-2014, 10:15 PM
Heckling Heffernan sounds like a horse running in some nondescript race meeting in America. :greengrin

Argylehibby
12-08-2014, 10:36 PM
Hamilton game when we got relegated, crowd got behind the team after we went 1-0 down.

Infact the team got plenty of vocal encouraging support last season, not our fault they were pish.

Sorry silver but I don't think we did get behind the team when Hamilton scored. I'm not saying it was "our fault" we got relegated either but we have fans booing players as the team is read out, abusing subs before they are on the park and you have to wonder how that's going to help the player or the team. As I and others have said on this thread, Butcher was slated (rightly so) for knocking the confidence out of players and reducing any chance of them playing well but the guys in the stands wont accept that their abuse has the same effect.

we are hibs
13-08-2014, 06:32 AM

This. I can remember the crowd getting behind us after going 1-0 down to Partick in May and against Killie too.

emerald green
13-08-2014, 09:42 AM

Comparing fans reactions during a match when emotions get expressed - both positive and negative - is surely not a valid comparison with how a team manager/head coach "deals with" the players under his charge.

In my experience fans generally get behind their team when things are going well and the team is winning. When things are going badly that's when the criticism starts. Fans get angry and frustrated.

How long has it been since we have seen a decent winning team at ER playing attractive football? It's just not on criticising the supporters of this club given what they have suffered recently. The blame for that lies elsewhere I'm afraid.

Smartie
13-08-2014, 10:01 AM
Comparing fans reactions during a match when emotions get expressed - both positive and negative - is surely not a valid comparison with how a team manager/head coach "deals with" the players under his charge.

In my experience fans generally get behind their team when things are going well and the team is winning. When things are going badly that's when the criticism starts. Fans get angry and frustrated.

How long has it been since we have seen a decent winning team at ER playing attractive football? It's just not on criticising the supporters of this club given what they have suffered recently. The blame for that lies elsewhere I'm afraid.

I think though that it sometimes depends on how much faith we have in the team to overcome whatever problem it is that they face at that time.

If Mowbray's team, or our previous first division team lost a goal, it would be a mere inconvenience on the way to another good result. Last season losing the first goal meant we lost the game, and we knew it.

When we have a team attempting to play decent football we'll cut them a lot of slack too.

We're on the right track now but we've got a long way to go before everyone will be fully convinced. And even then there are wallopers who victimise certain players and moan at everything.

Iggy Pope
13-08-2014, 12:44 PM

Did you miss the game on Saturday then?

emerald green
13-08-2014, 03:17 PM
I think though that it sometimes depends on how much faith we have in the team to overcome whatever problem it is that they face at that time.

If Mowbray's team, or our previous first division team lost a goal, it would be a mere inconvenience on the way to another good result. Last season losing the first goal meant we lost the game, and we knew it.

When we have a team attempting to play decent football we'll cut them a lot of slack too.

We're on the right track now but we've got a long way to go before everyone will be fully convinced. And even then there are wallopers who victimise certain players and moan at everything.

:agree: It's not on victimising any player.

emerald green
13-08-2014, 03:23 PM
I just read earlier that an Aberdeen player was quoted as saying that the Aberdeen fans were correct to boo the Aberdeen team off after their 0-3 defeat to Dundee Utd last Sunday.

Yet compare Aberdeen's performance last season with Hibs. This is the point I keep trying to get across. Hibs fans are no worse than any other group of football fans. Booing & criticising teams and players isn't anything new, and it's not going to somehow just disappear either, at Easter Road or anywhere else.

Iggy Pope
13-08-2014, 04:30 PM
I just read earlier that an Aberdeen player was quoted as saying that the Aberdeen fans were correct to boo the Aberdeen team off after their 0-3 defeat to Dundee Utd last Sunday.

Yet compare Aberdeen's performance last season with Hibs. This is the point I keep trying to get across. Hibs fans are no worse than any other group of football fans. Booing & criticising teams and players isn't anything new, and it's not going to somehow just disappear either, at Easter Road or anywhere else.

Wonder if the BBC crew strangled themselves turning the mics down!

Leith Green
13-08-2014, 06:08 PM
What makes you think that ?

I was sure, not saying im right was that fenlon knocked back the chance to sign Nelson earlier in the same transfer window, but then signed him at the end , near the deadline..

emerald green
14-08-2014, 09:03 AM
Wonder if the BBC crew strangled themselves turning the mics down!

:greengrin