PDA

View Full Version : Player ratings

Pretty Boy
09-08-2014, 05:00 PM
Oxley - 6. Couple of good saves, scored, one dropped cross that was poor. Good distribution.

Gray - 7. Solid at the back. Got forward when he could.
Hanlon - 7. Dealt with most things well.
Forster - 7. See Hanlon.
Stevenson - 7. Mr Dependable.

Stanton - 5. Seemed a yard off the pace. Not a lot came off for him.
Robertson - 6.5. Excellent 1st half. Fell out of it second.
Craig - 8. My MOM. Demanded the ball, scrapped away, good range of passing, good delivery at set pieces. Almost scored.
Harris - 7. Still maybe lacking a bit confidence but some good runs and got stuck in which was great to see.

Heffernan - 6. Bit slow. Not a lot came off for him but worked away.
El Alagui - 7.5. Worked hard, scored, won his fair share in the air, tried to hold it up, a few things that almost came off. I like him.

Ell_Chrisso
09-08-2014, 05:07 PM
I'm no believing the goalie was only a 6 when he even managed to score ;)

coldingham hibs
09-08-2014, 05:19 PM
Forster was a 3, outplayed all game by the big Livingston forward. New centre half required urgently!

AngusHibby
09-08-2014, 05:30 PM
Oxley 7- fairly solid, distribution decent, catching maybe a bit dodgey. Wonder goal though. I wonder if a keeper has ever scored on their league debut?
Gray 7.5- in space more often than not, lovely seeing a wing back get forward.
Hanlon 7- would have kept us up last season if he wasn't injured
Forster 6.5- pretty solid
Stevenson 5.5- really want to like the guy, but he just doesn't inspire confidence
Craig 7- broke up play well at times, passed it about well. Needs to be careful about moaning to the ref all the time
Robertson 7.5- thought he was great, passed well, broke up play well, nice touches here and there
Harris 6.5- the odd flash of his old self, confidence growing
Stanton 5- poor, hopefully just a blip
Farid 8- man of the match for me, presence about him, fights for the ball, lovely stuff. Glad he got off the mark early on in the season
Heffernan 5- pretty woeful, just ineffective.

Subs... not enough time

John Mcglynn's outfit 0

hibee_girl
09-08-2014, 05:37 PM
Oxley 6 - yes he scored but I'm still not convinced by him at all. He's always looking to punch the ball away rather than catch it

Gray 8 - my MOM
Forster 7 - wasn't too troubled
Hanlon 7 - another game he strolled through
Stevenson 7 - thought he was excellent today

Harris 6 - drifted in and out the game
Craig 7 - it's like watching a completely different player from last season
Robertson 6 - did well
Stanton 4 - didn't do anything of note, should have been off a lot sooner than he was.

Heffernan 5 - looked miles of the pace today but still got into some good positions etc
El Alagui 7 - took his goal well, worked hard. Impressed with how strong he is.

MWHIBBIES
09-08-2014, 05:39 PM
Forster was a 3, outplayed all game by the big Livingston forward. New centre half required urgently!Same big forward who had about 2 touches first half? Forster wasn't great but he (and everyone else) strolled the first half.

Leith Green
09-08-2014, 05:41 PM
Gray motm all day long, looks like a player who knows his position inside out, thought Liam Craig showed well too which is a positive, as its the first tome i have ever said that of him.. Thought Heff and Stanton toiled quite a bit, would also line to see Harris try and be more direct at times

hfc rd
09-08-2014, 05:47 PM
Forster was a 3, outplayed all game by the big Livingston forward. New centre half required urgently!

Must have been at a different match. Didn't see that at all today.

Fergus52
09-08-2014, 05:49 PM
Must have been at a different match. Didn't see that at all today.

likewise, foster strolled the game, won headers, made tackles and was never caught out of position :confused:

I suppose there always has to be multiple candidates for the season scapegoat

Allant1981
09-08-2014, 05:50 PM

Or not

marleyhib
09-08-2014, 05:51 PM
Gray motm all day long, looks like a player who knows his position inside out, thought Liam Craig showed well too which is a positive, as its the first tome i have ever said that of him.. Thought Heff and Stanton toiled quite a bit, would also line to see Harris try and be more direct at times

This is how I saw it too, Stubbs too I would wager considering the subs. Harris needs to be told to take men on at every opportunity, he's got the ability and he'll draw a lot of fouls.

Elephant Stone
09-08-2014, 05:51 PM
Oxley 6 - yes he scored but I'm still not convinced by him at all. He's always looking to punch the ball away rather than catch it

Gray 8 - my MOM
Forster 7 - wasn't too troubled
Hanlon 7 - another game he strolled through
Stevenson 7 - thought he was excellent today

Harris 6 - drifted in and out the game
Craig 7 - it's like watching a completely different player from last season
Robertson 6 - did well
Stanton 4 - didn't do anything of note, should have been off a lot sooner than he was.

Heffernan 5 - looked miles of the pace today but still got into some good positions etc
El Alagui 7 - took his goal well, worked hard. Impressed with how strong he is.

Agree with this. :agree:

Also, was a bit concerned at the state of Scott Allan at half time, he was either wearing a shirt that was far too big or is really fat. Hopefully the former.

Allant1981
09-08-2014, 05:53 PM
Oxley - 6
Gray - 7.5
Forster - 7
Hanlon - 7
Stevenson - 7
Stanton - 6
Robbo - 7.5
Craig - 8
Harris - 6.5
Heff - 6
El alagui -7

Unseen work
09-08-2014, 06:11 PM

Also, was a bit concerned at the state of Scott Allan at half time, he was either wearing a shirt that was far too big or is really fat. Hopefully the former.

Must of been a top too big. Barely any fat on the guy

Wotherspiniesta
09-08-2014, 06:20 PM

I'm struggling to imagine how a really big shirt would make someone look really fat.

Badabing
09-08-2014, 06:20 PM
What do you expect from our centre backs? He does pretty much what it says on the tin and on top of that occassionally chips in with a goal. We're a bit unlikely to sign Kompany so let's get real. He gives it all he's got and did nothing today that had my head in my hands.

Elephant Stone
09-08-2014, 06:23 PM
I'm struggling to imagine how a really big shirt would make someone look really fat.

From a distance it looked to me like he was was very bulky, if the top he was wearing was baggy then this could be why.

Hibs Class
09-08-2014, 06:30 PM
Gray and Craig were the stand-outs for me. There was a wee bloke behind me in the east berating Craig every time he passed the ball backwards (or indeed anytime he did anything), but I thought Craig looked in control and kept us possession well.

Wotherspiniesta
09-08-2014, 06:30 PM
From a distance it looked to me like he was was very bulky, if the top he was wearing was baggy then this could be why.

But if the top he was wearing was baggy, wouldn't it make him look thinner? :greengrin

FWIW, I thought he looked a bit chubby when he came on against The Rangers. Probably take him a few weeks to get up to speed, you have to remember he's barely played competitvely in about 2 years.

Elephant Stone
09-08-2014, 06:38 PM
But if the top he was wearing was baggy, wouldn't it make him look thinner? :greengrin

FWIW, I thought he looked a bit chubby when he came on against The Rangers. Probably take him a few weeks to get up to speed, you have to remember he's barely played competitvely in about 2 years.

If it was up close then probably but I couldn't see if he was filling it out, he just looked pretty big. Reminded me of Cairney.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
09-08-2014, 06:41 PM
How did Kennedy do when he got on? Even though it wasn't long.

Allant1981
09-08-2014, 06:43 PM
How did Kennedy do when he got on? Even though it wasn't long.

Didnt really have time to do much

jdships
09-08-2014, 06:52 PM

This was the guy that touched the ball two/three times in first half ?:confused:

BT58
09-08-2014, 06:55 PM
Good 1st half..actually named the mom to mates..Livi had me worried in 2 nd half, if Harris/Stanton (i was at far end of west) had scored to make it 3-0 it would have been easier,, against better teams we will get punished..must say well done to sect 43 for trying to get an atmosphere going

whiskyhibby
09-08-2014, 07:05 PM

Yeah.......right.......

Greenblood70
09-08-2014, 07:08 PM
Thought most played well first half, second half our weak spine was exposed imo, I don't think Craig and Robertson give us what we need in the centre of midfield as a pair.

Heffernan is so slow it's frightening and we're not getting the best out of Stanton playing him wide as he constantly comes inside making us very narrow.

Thought El Alagui put in a hell of a shift, delighted to see him rewarded with a goal. Gray has been a fantastic addition, really looks the part and dominates his side of the pitch. Hanlon was also decent but I thought Forster looked very shaky all game and I'm usually a big advocate of him at centre back.

NAE NOOKIE
09-08-2014, 07:11 PM
Oxley ... striker ...... 10 ..... Only had one chance and buried it.
Oxley ... keeper..... 6 ..... not a lot to do, but didn't command the 6 yard box enough and looks a bit shaky to me.

Grey ......... 8 ... played really well, at last someone who knows how to play right back.

Hanlon ...... 7 ... Solid and confident

Forster ...... 7 ... Same as Hanlon, looked fine to me ...... Coldingham ?

Stevenson .. 6 ... Solid, what you see is what you get.

Harris ....... 6 .... Played ok but needs to run at defenders more.

Craig ........ 7.5 .. Played very well, what a difference in him.

Robertson .. 7 ... excellent first half, faded 2nd.

Stanton ..... 5 ... Looked off the pace and really has to do better with the type of chance he fluffed today. Fully confident he will come good though.

Heffernan ... 5 ... not in the game enough for me and looked tired 2nd half, not sharp enough when chance came his way.

El Alagui ..... 7 ... Scored and worked hard .. lacks a wee bit pace perhaps.

Subs .... not on long enough to judge.

Stubbs ...... Perhaps waited a bit too long to make his subs, apart from that a good start.

Franck Stanton
09-08-2014, 07:13 PM
Between the second goal and half-time we totally dominated the game and should have scored another few goals. Thought Heff was a wee bit "Ring-rusty" took up great positions, was played through a couple of times but just wanted extra few seconds on ball and chances were gone. It will come for him the more time he gets on the pitch. Gray was, my MOTM closely followed by Craig. Good 3 points today, when was the last time we won our opening game at E/R? Will have to play better next week however, sure we will.

coldingham hibs
09-08-2014, 07:15 PM
Thought most played well first half, second half our weak spine was exposed imo, I don't think Craig and Robertson give us what we need in the centre of midfield as a pair.

Heffernan is so slow it's frightening and we're not getting the best out of Stanton playing him wide as he constantly comes inside making us very narrow.

Thought El Alagui put in a hell of a shift, delighted to see him rewarded with a goal. Gray has been a fantastic addition, really looks the part and dominates his side of the pitch. Hanlon was also decent but I thought Forster looked very shaky all game and I'm usually a big advocate of him at centre back.

At last someone who watched the same game as me.

Scouse Hibee
09-08-2014, 07:17 PM

Coldingham Hibs -1 was not at the game at all or has no understanding of the game.

:greengrin Only joking mate, it's all about opinions and you are entitled to yours even if it is different to mine.

Jonnyboy
09-08-2014, 07:20 PM

:rolleyes:

FromTheCapital
09-08-2014, 07:37 PM
Oxley (6) - Scored, not too troubled, distribution was good.

Gray (8) - Between him and Craig for MOTM. Positionaly excellent and done well all day.

Forster (6) - Missed a couple of headers but defended well for the most part.

Hanlon (7) - Strolled it as usual. Got a bright future. Good display.

Stevenson (6) - Done okay but doesn't fill me with confidence.

Harris (7) - Stubbs has given him a massive confidence boost. Beat his man 8 times out of 10.

Robertson (7) - Superb first half but fell away early in the second. Finished quite strong.

Craig (8) - Excellent display from the captain. Demanded the ball and pulled the strings in midfield.

Stanton (5) - Looked a yard to slow. Was trying to do the right thing but it just didn't happen for him.

Heffernan (5) - Seemed a little bit slow. Had a good couple of opportunities but didn't have the pace to take advantage.

El Alagui (7) - Didn't start great but goal gave him confidence and he won a lot of his aerial battles.

The_Exile
09-08-2014, 07:38 PM
Would've personally given the Ox a 7, any keeper that scores, the least he can get is a 7 IMO :greengrin

He made a save towards the end of the 1st half which was more impressive than it looked. Livi winger whipped a cross over, Stevenson ducked out the way of it to let it through to the keeper but don't think he realised how much pace was on the ball, it would've sneaked in if it wasn't for Oxley getting down and tipping it round the post, the speed in which he made the move was pretty impressive.

sbell1875
09-08-2014, 07:42 PM
Harris or Craig was my MoTM this afternoon.

Craig swept up pretty well all afternoon, very rarely gave away possession and pretty much never hoofed it.

Harris looked dangerous all afternoon (much more than Stanton did I'm afraid) and even used his left side on occasion.

Gray also looked pretty solid apart from one or two wee mishaps.

Regards to Oxley I thought he did ok today. Some may not have seen it but it was a peach of save just before their goal. We were very lax for their goal though so Stubbs will need to work on that.

SanFranHibs
09-08-2014, 07:52 PM
Would've personally given the Ox a 7, any keeper that scores, the least he can get is a 7 IMO :greengrin

He made a save towards the end of the 1st half which was more impressive than it looked. Livi winger whipped a cross over, Stevenson ducked out the way of it to let it through to the keeper but don't think he realised how much pace was on the ball, it would've sneaked in if it wasn't for Oxley getting down and tipping it round the post, the speed in which he made the move was pretty impressive.

Well, any keeper that scores in a victory, which we got today so you are right, must be worth a seven.

Match reporter on Central FM said Gray was very good and his MOTM.

I know I was not in attendance and can only go by what I see on tv and of course reading the completely objective views on this forum, but is hope that Heffernan will stay healthy long enough to get fit and even then do what he thought he would when we first got him? I really am not trying to label him a scapegoat for us winning :wink: but he has now had a couple of competitive games, some pre-season games and of course the training and everyone seems to agree he is just not up to it. Just wondering if people can detect any improvement and that he might be getting close to being 100%. With the chances we have been creating I would liked to have seen Cummings accomodated as I really believe he will be better for us, both in the short and long term.

But a very welcome 3 points to start the campaign.

The_Horde
09-08-2014, 11:49 PM

Is that you Gary glen? You were ***** pal.

wynnie1875
10-08-2014, 04:43 AM

Well said. Made some rookie errors, especially in the 2nd half. Still very young for a centre half though. I feel with some good coaching he could be a decent player

Weststandwanab
10-08-2014, 08:16 AM

Really ? I think the bulk of posts will disagree with that opinion.

It passed me by.

;4123037']Is that you Gary glen? You were ***** pal.

He certainly was

The Leith Dutch
10-08-2014, 08:52 AM
El Alagui was excellent and I thought he was a right handful.
Heffernan - some nice touches but there were a couple of times he was painfully slow in getting a shot away from what should have been good chances.

Robertson and Craig handled the centre pretty well.
Robertson, even on a quiet day, is vital to making us tick.

Stanton isn't a wide player for me. Looked a bit lost.
Harris had a good game.
Great to see him not shirking challenges - strikes me as some proper coaching where an issue has been identified and addressed.

Gray was the standout in defence - as others have said: knows his position well.
Overall felt the defence was very static for the goal - little bit of ball watching rather than being ready to thump the rebound into row Z.

Oxley - controversially I think he was poor.

His handling in this game and the Dundee Utd game worries me - he gets to the ball and either palms it out into the box or lets it squirm away
I hope this is just nerves or new club jitters but that has to improve or he'll be giving back more than he scores ;)

Leith Green
10-08-2014, 09:05 AM
At last someone who watched the same game as me.

Ach well suppose ur gonna find 2 of a kind when there are 9300 to look amongst

SunshineOnLeith
10-08-2014, 09:17 AM
In the match thread Coldingham reckoned Forster was getting outmuscled by Gary Glen, hilarious.

Leith Green
10-08-2014, 09:25 AM
In the match thread Coldingham reckoned Forster was getting outmuscled by Gary Glen, hilarious.

Think he was meaning the big ten footer that played that well he was subbed and who i thought hanlon and foster played well considering his awkward size

Scouse Hibee
10-08-2014, 10:12 AM
El Alagui was excellent and I thought he was a right handful.
Heffernan - some nice touches but there were a couple of times he was painfully slow in getting a shot away from what should have been good chances.

Robertson and Craig handled the centre pretty well.
Robertson, even on a quiet day, is vital to making us tick.

Stanton isn't a wide player for me. Looked a bit lost.
Harris had a good game.
Great to see him not shirking challenges - strikes me as some proper coaching where an issue has been identified and addressed.

Gray was the standout in defence - as others have said: knows his position well.
Overall felt the defence was very static for the goal - little bit of ball watching rather than being ready to thump the rebound into row Z.

Oxley - controversially I think he was poor.

His handling in this game and the Dundee Utd game worries me - he gets to the ball and either palms it out into the box or lets it squirm away
I hope this is just nerves or new club jitters but that has to improve or he'll be giving back more than he scores ;)

:agree: That pretty much sums up my observations of his performances so far too.

Winston Ingram
10-08-2014, 11:45 AM

:confused:

Forster strolled it