PDA

View Full Version : I'll take that

Diclonius
09-08-2014, 04:40 PM
Absolutely battered Livi in the first half, should have scored a couple more, faded in the second but held on well enough and got the three points.

Stubbs' style of play is night and day compared to He Who Must Not Be Named, if we play like that every week then we'll be right up there. We definitely need another striker though - El Alagui's hold up play and chance creation is excellent but I'm slightly concerned he will not be prolific this season. He needs a finisher up with him to take the pressure off.

Next week is the proper test, not only of our footballing ability but our nerve. We NEED to develop a winning mentality against Hearts this season - Rangers will win it IMO so we will be competing directly with them for promotion. We need to win our league games against them, and the playoff that we will more than likely be in against them. Let's hope Stubbs realises that derbies are more than "just another game".

In any case, today was just the result we needed and I look forward to many more results like that this season. :agree:

edwards
09-08-2014, 04:54 PM
Absolutely battered Livi in the first half, should have scored a couple more, faded in the second but held on well enough and got the three points.

Stubbs' style of play is night and day compared to He Who Must Not Be Named, if we play like that every week then we'll be right up there. We definitely need another striker though - El Alagui's hold up play and chance creation is excellent but I'm slightly concerned he will not be prolific this season. He needs a finisher up with him to take the pressure off.

Next week is the proper test, not only of our footballing ability but our nerve. We NEED to develop a winning mentality against Hearts this season - Rangers will win it IMO so we will be competing directly with them for promotion. We need to win our league games against them, and the playoff that we will more than likely be in against them. Let's hope Stubbs realises that derbies are more than "just another game".

In any case, today was just the result we needed and I look forward to many more results like that this season. :agree:

Totaly agree we played a hard midweek game where we looked the better team and feel it took it's toll in the second half. Still feel we need someone in the centre of defence to hold us together at the back,Gray looks a good signing and feel that we need another striker / poacher If we can fill these two positions shortly I feel we may be able to mount a challenge.

Stax
09-08-2014, 05:03 PM

:agree: Sums it up nicely for me.

hfc rd
09-08-2014, 05:06 PM

Totally agree with this. Think we could do with an additional striker. Maybe also a RB as cover for David Gray or is that being too greedy? :D