PDA

View Full Version : More motivation from the BBC

Northernhibee
08-08-2014, 11:04 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/28640467

Not one of them believes we can do it, despite being the better side against Rangers, taking it to ET despite a ridiculous sending off that cost us the tie.

Get this up on the dressing room wall - if we keep the form up through the season we are going to be well up there.

In Stubbsy we trust.

Stranraer
08-08-2014, 11:09 PM
They all believe in Aberdeen that's for sure. I learned to ignore the BBC a long time ago, let's just hope we prove them wrong.

matty_f
08-08-2014, 11:15 PM
The team that should feel hard done by in those opinions is Motherwell. Finished above the sheep last season but totally discounted this season.

Sir David Gray
08-08-2014, 11:30 PM
Sevco are quite rightly the favourites to go straight back up.

They are one of the two biggest clubs in Scotland and they have the strongest squad outside of the top division as well so all the pressure is on them to come up as champions.

I think we're capable of spoiling things for them though, particularly if we can play like we did on Tuesday night for most of the season.

stoneyburn hibs
08-08-2014, 11:44 PM

Not one of them believes we can do it, despite being the better side against Rangers, taking it to ET despite a ridiculous sending off that cost us the tie.

Get this up on the dressing room wall - if we keep the form up through the season we are going to be well up there.

In Stubbsy we trust.

Getting really sick of the so called anti Hibs BBC agenda
Really let it go, pathetic.

Hibs7
09-08-2014, 07:19 AM
Long may they continue to ignore us. .. All the better when we prove them wrong !

Aldo
09-08-2014, 07:30 AM
They can say what they want and that's their opinions. I'd rather we went about our own business without shouting about what we are going to do etc and let's us do our bit on the park.

Quietly confident etc

Pretty Boy
09-08-2014, 07:35 AM
I'd rather we get a chance to go about things quietly.

Rangers are favourites, they have spent far more than us and people will back them because of who they used to be. Hearts are never shy about blowing their own trumpet and have talked themselves up as being the biggest challengers.

I'd rather no one tipped us. Lets see us steadily pick up points and improve and then come February or March suddenly everybody notices we are right up there and playing well.

Ringothedog
09-08-2014, 07:42 AM
Getting really sick of the so called anti Hibs BBC agenda
Really let it go, pathetic.

Nothing to do with the perceived bias. I would use this as a motivational tactic as the so called experts have written us off. It is down to the management and players to prove them wrong.

Alfred E Newman
09-08-2014, 07:44 AM
Don't see much wrong . Rangers are bound to be favourites given their experienced squad. Hearts squad looks stronger on paper. We have small , young squad with a relatively inexperienced manager.
Given what I saw against United and Rangers we will surprise a few folk though lack of firepower is a worry.

Keith_M
09-08-2014, 07:58 AM
I don't see what the big deal is. We're not favourites for a good reason.

However, agree that AS and the team should use this as a motivational factor, but preferably not in public as we'd end up sounding like Celtc.

Jones28
09-08-2014, 08:10 AM
What do they know? They've tipped rangers to win the league cup ffs

Renfrew_Hibby
09-08-2014, 08:16 AM
Also funny to see that all but one have gone for Clyde to win League 2.... wonder why?

Keith_M
09-08-2014, 08:19 AM
What do they know? They've tipped rangers to win the league cup ffs

That's on account of Super Swally's fantastic record in Cup Competitions.

MrRobot
09-08-2014, 08:30 AM
Rangers are a bigger team, have more money available, have had back-to-back promotions and have recruited a proven SPL goalscorer in the Championship. Why is anybody getting butthurt that they are tipped as favourites?

We won 4 games or something in the 2nd half of the season, got relegated, got rid of alot of players, havent brought many in and have a manager whos in his first management job. Lets be real, we are not favourites and shouldn't be considered favourites. And I'd prefer that. Fly under the radar.

banarc7062
09-08-2014, 08:34 AM
They can say what they want and that's their opinions. I'd rather we went about our own business without shouting about what we are going to do etc and let's us do our bit on the park.

Quietly confident etc

I would go with this view. GGTTH:flag:

Northernhibee
09-08-2014, 09:14 AM
Might have been a wee bit OTT last night (Aldi's New Zealand sauvignon blanc is ridiculously lovely) but I do feel to ignore their fans discontent with Fat Sally, and for moat of them to ignore their financial situation and how it took a 12th man and ET to beat us after being second best by far is a little disrespectful.

Hertz have strengthened well and we're playing lovely football with a very good coaching and fitness setup. No team will run away with this league and for them all to agree because two aging strikers have signed up is a bit short sighted.

Jack
09-08-2014, 09:29 AM
Might have been a wee bit OTT last night (Aldi's New Zealand sauvignon blanc is ridiculously lovely) but I do feel to ignore their fans discontent with Fat Sally, and for moat of them to ignore their financial situation and how it took a 12th man and ET to beat us after being second best by far is a little disrespectful.

Hertz have strengthened well and we're playing lovely football with a very good coaching and fitness setup. No team will run away with this league and for them all to agree because two aging strikers have signed up is a bit short sighted.

Never mind Sallys incompetence I'm surprised no one up to you mentioned their finances.

Not one sevcovian I know, unfortunately I know a few, thinks they'll win the league and the reason for that is another administration event.

hibsbollah
09-08-2014, 09:37 AM
Is this a 'seethe' or an 'outrage' thread?

Fairly sensible prediction from the beeb. The rangers should be 10-15 points better than the competition, based on what they're still squandering on players...

eezyrider
09-08-2014, 10:04 AM

In Stubbsy we trust.

I don't see the problem. The majority of us on here believe The Rangers will The Championship as well.

EZ

allezsauzee
09-08-2014, 01:05 PM
I'm pleased to see that Billy Dodds has tipped The Yams as The Rangers main challengers as he's a top notch bell end.

Keith_M
09-08-2014, 01:08 PM

Fairly sensible prediction from the beeb. The rangers should be 10-15 points better than the competition, based on what they're still squandering on players...

I would say it's neither, as most comments have been along the lines of 'so what?'

Deansy
09-08-2014, 01:31 PM
The 'The rangers' are NOT favourites because of the players they've brought - it's down to the number of referees they own !.

mjhibby
09-08-2014, 05:34 PM
[QUOTE=Aldo;4121699]They can say what they want and that's their opinions. I'd rather we went about our own business without shouting about what we are going to do etc and let's us do our bit on the park.

Its pathetic the anti hibs bias. Dont listen to it. Its garbage.

Beefster
09-08-2014, 05:59 PM

Both I think.

The Bookies have us as third favourites. ****ing Paddy Power and their anti-Hibs agenda.