BOB MARLEYS DUG
08-08-2014, 09:05 PM
Same team except Handling?

Ox

Gray
Forster
Hanlon
Stevenson

Robertson (if fit, mind he cramped up at Ibrox)
Craig (cpt)

Harris
Stanton
Kennedy or Allan

El Alagui

Stax
08-08-2014, 09:07 PM
Same team except Handling?

Ox

Gray
Forster
Hanlon
Stevenson

Robertson (if fit, mind he cramped up at Ibrox)
Craig (cpt)

Harris
Stanton
Kennedy or Allan

El Alagui
Is Kennedy cleared to play tomorrow?

BOB MARLEYS DUG
08-08-2014, 09:10 PM
Is Kennedy cleared to play tomorrow?

If he was registered by 5pm, then yes.

Lee
08-08-2014, 09:26 PM
Reckon if Kennedy is registered in time, he's likely to start on the bench, can't see Stubbs putting him straight in.

I'd like to see Allan in beside Robertson as the "two" with Craig on the left and Stanton centre of the three in front - Sammy is so much more effective in the middle than out wide

Stax
08-08-2014, 09:29 PM
Qdos
If he was registered by 5pm, then yes.
Cheers, wasn't sure with international clearance being reqd.

bingo70
08-08-2014, 09:31 PM
I'd be tempted to drop Stanton who I thought was very poor against the rangers.

frazeHFC
08-08-2014, 09:40 PM
Oxley

Gray
Forster
Hanlon
Stevenson

Robertson
Craig

Harris
Allan
Stanton

El Alagui

I'd like that to be the team. Gives Heff and Cummings an extra week to get fit. If we need them then bring them on, if not then keep them fresh for Tynie.

Wotherspiniesta
08-08-2014, 09:54 PM

Sam got into some great positions but didn't have his shooting boots on. I think after going through one on one at the start of the second half and trying to place the ball to bad effect, he hurried the chances he had around the box the rest of the game.

He wasn't great, but I would definately stick with him.

Same team that started v The Rangers with Cummings or Heff in for Handling.

silverhibee
08-08-2014, 10:26 PM
Sam got into some great positions but didn't have his shooting boots on. I think after going through one on one at the start of the second half and trying to place the ball to bad effect, he hurried the chances he had around the box the rest of the game.

He wasn't great, but I would definately stick with him.

Same team that started v The Rangers with Cummings or Heff in for Handling.

:agree:

NadeAteMyLunch!
08-08-2014, 10:30 PM
Need to stick with Stanton but play him more central. Wasted out wide

H18Y GW
08-08-2014, 11:55 PM

I don't see it either and I'm willing to go with Harris or Stanton in the side but not both, both have ability but flatter to deceive a lot of the time .

jamiehibee
09-08-2014, 05:01 AM
Need to stick with Stanton but play him more central. Wasted out wide

I agree I think it's important we don't drop him and keep him in the squad

bingo70
09-08-2014, 05:44 AM
I don't see it either and I'm willing to go with Harris or Stanton in the side but not both, both have ability but flatter to deceive a lot of the time .

Yeah, there's times I look at Stanton I think Jesus, he's going to be some player but then games pass him by too often. I'm not sure what his best position is either.

I wonder if using him as an impact sub until he starts making more of a consistent sub may be the way ahead with him.

Tyler Durden
09-08-2014, 06:51 AM
Re Stanton, as with Harris they are going to have dips in form. Hopefully we now have a manager who knows when to give them a rest and keep their confidence up. Both have potential to be cracking players.

I don't see Allan playing in the number 10 role so i would bring in Cummings to play from the right with Stanton behind El Alagui today. Hopefully there's plenty rotation of positions as we seemed to do well at Ibrox

scoopyboy
09-08-2014, 07:39 AM
Doubts over one or two players but for me the only question is who replaces Handling if everybody fit.

bigwheel
09-08-2014, 07:41 AM
Doubts over one or two players but for me the only question is who replaces Handling if everybody fit.

i would have thought straight swap with Allan unless Kennedy is match fit....

lumbo_hfc
09-08-2014, 08:59 AM

Stanton is wasted when he is played out wide. Hopefully Kennedy coming in gives us a bit more balance. Not sure he will start today or if he is even registered.

Harris....Handling....Kennedy

El Alagui

That looks about our strongest front 4 just now, if Handlings performances in pre season and against Rangers is anything to go by. Only problem now is where Scott Allan fits into the team, because i have no doubt that he will play and will be one of our most creative players. Can't see stubbs dropping Robertson (the energy in the midield) or Craig (captain and creative influence from deep, also breaks the ball up well) for more of a luxury player in Allan. It's a good problem to have for Stubbs Imo.

Today i think there will be one change Allan in for Handling...

Brightside
09-08-2014, 09:05 AM

The last thing we should do is drop players every time they don't have the best of games. All about confidence for this team now.

I'd expect Allan to take Handlings place - with Kennedy coming on 2nd half.

PeterboroHibee
09-08-2014, 09:05 AM
If he was registered in time, Id put Kennedy in and shift Stanton into the number 10 role, with the rest of the team the same. Ive always thought Stanton would be more effective in the middle, and is someone who should be on the ball as much as possible (rather than out on the wing).