08-08-2014, 02:04 PM
Winger from Everton

offshorehibby
08-08-2014, 02:06 PM
http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/4720

Onceinawhile
08-08-2014, 02:10 PM
Well... he's good on fifa!

Glad we've got another winger in, natural width is something we've been lacking, even with Harris.

welcome and good luck matthew.

Jim44
08-08-2014, 02:11 PM
"Hibs are a massive club." Who keeps telling new signings to say this? :greengrin Scott Allan is the only one to skip the cliché. Anyway, welcome, Matthew.

The_Exile
08-08-2014, 02:11 PM
Welcome Matthew :thumbsup: Was my biggest worry, not having an out and out winger pinging crosses in for the big guy up front to hammer home.

random sub
08-08-2014, 02:12 PM
Good news and welcome Matty.

Hopefully he can chip in with good crosses and a few goals!

SteveHFC
08-08-2014, 02:14 PM
Kenny Millar ‏@Kenny_Millar (https://twitter.com/Kenny_Millar) 3m (https://twitter.com/Kenny_Millar/status/497746698685652992) @shughamster (https://twitter.com/shughamster) They need to plug a few gaps in the short-term so I'm not worried. He's one Hibs could also potentially get for the long term.

Big Frank
08-08-2014, 02:14 PM
Needed.

Welcome to Hibernian Matthew.

neil7908
08-08-2014, 02:18 PM
Don't know a lot about him as a player but definitely a position we needed an extra body for. If we can sign another centre back and a striker/attacking midfielder I'll be delighted although I suspect that may be our business over

portyhibernian
08-08-2014, 02:20 PM
I trust Stubbsy knows what he can do and for that reason I'm optimistic he'll be a good signing. Welcome Matthew!

Brightside
08-08-2014, 02:22 PM
Looks like a good signing... just read this on FB. " I said this would happen as I am an MK Dons fan, but I follow Hibs too through family roots. Can I just say this kid was epic for us. We were mid table and doing nothing, and he come in and was the bright spark for the time his loan was. He will be great for you'se, I could see it coming as Stubbsy knew his qualities. Wouldn't be surprised to see a striker called 'Chris Long' either. All the best."

Keith_M
08-08-2014, 02:24 PM
Welcome to Hibs.

Now a Striker and a Left Back please :greengrin

SteveHFC
08-08-2014, 02:26 PM
Welcome to Hibs.

Hope and Garbutt please
:greengrin

Nevi_SOL
08-08-2014, 02:27 PM
Taken from Scotland youth football youtube channel speaks highly of stubbs

http://youtu.be/_-UeWbcpd2E

heretoday
"Hibs are a massive club." Who keeps telling new signings to say this? :greengrin Scott Allan is the only one to skip the cliché. Anyway, welcome, Matthew.

It's a tiresome cliche isn't it? Also the one about "I was persuaded to come to Hibs by a former teammate who said it was great etc etc"!

Hibby Gav
Welcome to Easter Road Mathew....we're glad you came.....now rip them all new ones mate..... !

ggtth

HibbyAndy
Welcome to Hibs.

Why a Left back?

LeithBoozy
08-08-2014, 02:28 PM
More good news, keep them coming Alan. :flag:

Keith_M
08-08-2014, 02:30 PM
Why a Left back?

I just feel they are both positions that need strengthened. We seem to have Right Back sorted with Gray.

HibbyAndy
08-08-2014, 02:33 PM
I just feel they are both positions that need strengthened. We seem to have Right Back sorted with Gray.

We got Stevenson and Booth who can both play LB, Id rather we strengthened in other areas first.

danhibees1875
08-08-2014, 02:35 PM
Will he be registered in time for tomorrow or is that all a bit too quick for the process.

Looks decent on paper.

R'Albin
08-08-2014, 02:36 PM
So can he play both sides?

MrRobot
08-08-2014, 02:37 PM

Got Stevenson and Booth. Don't think it's a priority. Would rather see a CB and a striker.

StarMan10
08-08-2014, 02:38 PM
We got Stevenson and Booth who can both play LB, Id rather we strengthened in other areas first.

A centre back, striker and a holding midfield player are on my wishlist

erin go bragh
[QUOTE=underscore;4121082]Looks like a good signing... just read this on FB. " I said this would happen as I am an MK Dons fan, but I follow Hibs too through family roots. Can I just say this kid was epic for us. We were mid table and doing nothing, and he come in and was the bright spark for the time his loan was. He will be great for you'se, I could see it coming as Stubbsy knew his qualities. Wouldn't be surprised to see a striker called 'Chris Long' either. All the best."[/QUOTE
An out and out winger with pace . Sounds very promising .
Welcome Mathew . Rip the jambos a new one please .

Ggtth

NORTHERNHIBBY
Hopefully all the paper work can get done to let him at least be on the bench tomorrow.

CRAZYHIBBY
08-08-2014, 02:49 PM
Still not seeing quality

SanFranHibs
08-08-2014, 02:52 PM

I laughed when I read that although I was told he actually said passive, but Petrie fixed it for him :wink:

andrew70
08-08-2014, 02:52 PM
Still not seeing quality

Serious? Who are you expecting Hibs to sign? Either that or I've just taken a big bite??

CRAZYHIBBY
08-08-2014, 02:53 PM
Hes not got his own website but his photos on google images so he must be good

SanFranHibs
08-08-2014, 02:53 PM
Still not seeing quality

so feel the width !

Lee Marvin
08-08-2014, 02:54 PM
Still not seeing quality

I can only assume you are a Milton Keynes, Tranmere and Everton under 21s season ticket holder aye?

J-C
08-08-2014, 02:54 PM
Still not seeing quality

sigh! :rolleyes:

khib70
08-08-2014, 02:58 PM
Still not seeing quality
:rolleyes::yawn::zzzzz!::crazy::stirrer::bye:
Why waste words?

EvertonFC
08-08-2014, 02:59 PM
He's a good player, miles off our first team at the moment though. Pacey, tricky and a decent crosser.

His main problem is his awareness and decision making. Often tries something elaborate when the simple option would be better. Also he tends to go to sleep off the ball, ands waits till the ball comes to him rather than looking for the ball. You'd rarely see him screaming for a pass, he's quite laid back. He is a good prospect though and he's definitely got the talent to make it at Everton, just needs to iron out the flaws, most of which are more mental lapses than technical.

Billychaotic182
08-08-2014, 03:02 PM
He is quality after a few years on football manager

SanFranHibs
08-08-2014, 03:03 PM
He's a good player, miles off our first team at the moment though. Pacey, tricky and a decent crosser.

His main problem is his awareness and decision making. Often tries something elaborate when the simple option would be better. Also he tends to go to sleep off the ball, ands waits till the ball comes to him rather than looking for the ball. You'd rarely see him screaming for a pass, he's quite laid back. He is a good prospect though and he's definitely got the talent to make it at Everton, just needs to iron out the flaws, most of which are more mental lapses than technical.

Cheers, but don't worry, we can teach him simple :wink:

If he is tricky with some width and pace then he gives us something we don't really have.

And anyhow, he told us we are a massive club so he's got social skills :wink:

Lee
08-08-2014, 03:05 PM
Hope and Garbutt please

If Carlsberg did Everton loanee signings.....

:)

CRAZYHIBBY
08-08-2014, 03:05 PM
Serious? Who are you expecting Hibs to sign? Either that or I've just taken a big bite??

Not as big a bite as some

andrew70
08-08-2014, 03:08 PM
Not as big a bite as some

Haha fair enough:tee hee::a bite::fishin:

GreenLake
08-08-2014, 03:09 PM
Welcome to Hibs Matthew.:thumbsup:

EdinMike
08-08-2014, 03:36 PM
Waiting on international clearance, could be available tomorrow :thumbsup:

Gatecrasher
08-08-2014, 03:37 PM
Good stuff, maybe one more and I think we're set!

HUTCHYHIBBY
08-08-2014, 03:46 PM
Looks like a good signing... just read this on FB. " I said this would happen as I am an MK Dons fan, but I follow Hibs too through family roots. Can I just say this kid was epic for us. We were mid table and doing nothing, and he come in and was the bright spark for the time his loan was. He will be great for you'se, I could see it coming as Stubbsy knew his qualities. Wouldn't be surprised to see a striker called 'Chris Long' either. All the best."

I wonder if the MK Dons fans won't be running a bus to ER for his home debut?

Pretty Boy
08-08-2014, 03:49 PM
It's good to see we are now signing players in positions that we all think need addressed. Every single player Stubbs has signed was needed for the position they play.

Welcome to Hibs Matthew.

HibbySpurs
08-08-2014, 03:55 PM
Good news again. Defo an area the we needed addressed.

Welcom to Hibs Matthew.

:aok:

Col2
08-08-2014, 03:59 PM
This guy is faster than sproule / o'brien on a motorbike.

And more tricky than Davie Cooper / crunchy / Jinky Johnston.

Just what we needed.

J-C
08-08-2014, 04:01 PM
Waiting on international clearance, could be available tomorrow :thumbsup:

Don't get this, a Scottish player playing for an English club, what clearance is really needed??

Lee
08-08-2014, 04:01 PM
Liverpool Echo also reporting that more could follow suit soon too

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/everton-fc-winger-kennedy-joins-7585505

Anyway - welcome to the club Matthew :flag::gwa:

macd123
08-08-2014, 04:02 PM
Ffs is noone in the know anymore?? Sort it out ITK .netters!

Spike Mandela
08-08-2014, 04:03 PM
This guy is faster than sproule / o'brien on a motorbike.

And more tricky than Davie Cooper / crunchy / Jinky Johnston.

Just what we needed.

Don't think we need 19 year olds on loan deals. Use our own youth playsrs and sign experience on loan is what we need at moment imo.

J-C
08-08-2014, 04:05 PM
Ffs is noone in the know anymore?? Sort it out ITK .netters!

He was mentioned a while ago but we had to wait till Martinez had a look at the youngsters before deciding who needed loaned out.

J-C
08-08-2014, 04:06 PM
Don't think we need 19 year olds on loan deals. Use our own youth playsrs and sign experience on loan is what we need at moment imo.

Only winger we have is injured at the moment Max Todd.

WestEndHibee
08-08-2014, 04:22 PM

It's so hard to tell these days! :greengrin:

Definitely think Kennedy is an improvement to the squad.

NAE NOOKIE
08-08-2014, 04:29 PM
Liverpool Echo also reporting that more could follow suit soon too

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/everton-fc-winger-kennedy-joins-7585505

Anyway - welcome to the club Matthew :flag::gwa:

Happy with this and from the Echo report he has been training with the 1st team, so I presume they rate him not too badly. You cant have enough width so nice to bring in a winger.

I have a soft spot for Everton so like the fact that Hibs seem to be getting cozy with them. Having said that not too cozy in that we turn into a training club for the youth at Everton. I want us to build our own team with signed players and youth from East Mains.

Welcome to Hibs Matthew.

SanFranHibs
08-08-2014, 04:36 PM
It's so hard to tell these days! :greengrin:

Definitely think Kennedy is an improvement to the squad.

Of course we all know that some transfers or loans just don't work out, but if he turns out to be an improvement then it can only be good.

It remains to be seen how this move works out but surely this applies to any player we would be likely to sign. We all want good, experienced players but we have to be realistic given Stubbs's budget and the limited time he has had.

If anyone knows of an experienced, quality player in our price range who is available and desperate to come here please don't keep it to yourself.

Welcome Matthew.

:flag:

SanFranHibs
08-08-2014, 04:41 PM
Happy with this and from the Echo report he has been training with the 1st team, so I presume they rate him not too badly. You cant have enough width so nice to bring in a winger.

I have a soft spot for Everton so like the fact that Hibs seem to be getting cozy with them. Having said that not too cozy in that we turn into a training club for the youth at Everton. I want us to build our own team with signed players and youth from East Mains.

Welcome to Hibs Matthew.

True, but Stubbs also needs a bit of time to do this and in the meantime must do what he can to improve our squad immediately for the coming league campaign and this would seem to at least give him some options.

Loans like this are even different from Butcher's three loans in that Stubbs knows him and has worked with him.

CallumLaidlaw
08-08-2014, 04:45 PM
The Liverpool echo article says it's only 5 months. Hopefully he does well, but not too well that they want him back. Haha.

The difference with this and a lot of the loan signings we've had in recent years is, Stubbs has just spent the last 2 years working with this lad, and he also knows the Scottish game, so he'll know what to expect with the pace of the game etc.

My best mate is a toffee and he's delighted we've got him. Thinks he'll do really well.

hibsbollah
08-08-2014, 04:48 PM
Interesting that he made his debut at ER in 2011. Looks a good player. Two bona fide wingers in the same team, its just not the Hibs way :grr:

Heisenberg
08-08-2014, 04:49 PM
He goes back on the 4th of January. Looks like he could be exactly the kind of player we've been missing. We now have two proper wingers in the team for the first time in ages :not worth

BOB MARLEYS DUG
08-08-2014, 04:52 PM
Good bit of business from us. A good tricky winger with a bit pace, finally! Looked good at Killie before he left for Everton, so can only assume he's even better now. :thumbsup:

Northernhibee
08-08-2014, 05:01 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UEGzwc1RHU8

He's blatantly just taking the piss here, could be a cracking signing.

MyJo
08-08-2014, 05:28 PM
He goes back on the 4th of January. Looks like he could be exactly the kind of player we've been missing. We now have two proper wingers in the team for the first time in ages :not worth

The official site said its an "inital" 6 month loan which would suggest to me that barring an injury crisis at Everton its likely to be extended beyond January.

I'm a bit dubious about Loan deals after Fenlon and his merry mercenaries that embarrased us in the scottish cup but the lad seems like a good player and Stubbs clearly knows what he will bring to the team so im sticking my happy clapper face on and assuming he is more Leigh Griffiths than Torben Joneleit

Sir David Gray
08-08-2014, 05:32 PM
Hope he does well for us and time will tell if it's going to be a success.

It's a pity we couldn't get him for the whole season (I know it has the potential to be extended) but for the time he's up here, hopefully he can impress and really add something to the team.

Although the team is definitely starting to take shape, I still think we're a bit short in defence just now and I would like to see a centre half coming in next.

NadeAteMyLunch!
08-08-2014, 05:40 PM
Good stuff. Glad to see us addressing key areas that need strengthened after years of just signing anyone that was available. Although I would prefer 12 months, I'm not reading too much into 6 months. As long as Everton don't suffer an injury crisis then I would hope that there would be no issue with getting it extended.

Franck Stanton
08-08-2014, 05:40 PM
Interesting that he made his debut at ER in 2011. Looks a good player. Two bona fide wingers in the same team, its just not the Hibs way :grr:

Ah, but will they both play at the same time ? Perhaps only one will.

yankyhibby
08-08-2014, 06:06 PM
Wecome to our club, Mathew. Here's to seeing you do the business on the field and to a successful move in your career.:aok:

BSEJVT
08-08-2014, 06:15 PM
Ah, but will they both play at the same time ? Perhaps only one will.

Would have thought that that will release Stanton to play in CM or possibly dropped as pre-season form has been a bit iffy

Eyrie
08-08-2014, 06:21 PM

If he's good enough then his age is irrelevant.

Pleased to see we've added a winger, and the five month loan doesn't bother me. Think someone mentioned regarding Oxley that there is no immediate recall during an international loan, so Everton need to have the option in January to extend Kennedy's loan or take him back at that point.

StarMan10
08-08-2014, 06:25 PM
Would have thought that that will release Stanton to play in CM or possibly dropped as pre-season form has been a bit iffy

Good competition for that CAM position. Handling was very impressive against Rangers, whilst Allan will be eyeing it up aswell. Throw Stanton in the mix and its good options to have.

SouthMoroccoStu
08-08-2014, 06:28 PM

:top marks

Bloomin' heck - some skill there

Welcome to the leith San siro MK

J-C
08-08-2014, 06:31 PM
We now have a good few players who can slot into either wide ttacking mid or central attacking mid, Stanton looks a bit lost out on the wing and needs to be more central like he was at the end of last season, should keep them all on their toes with the competition.

Aaron
08-08-2014, 06:32 PM
Apparently Everton paid Killie £250,000 for him when he was 17 so that goes to show what a quality player he could be.

hibsbollah
08-08-2014, 06:33 PM

Loving that.

HibbyAndy
08-08-2014, 06:34 PM
Apparently Everton paid Killie £250,000 for him when he was 17 so that goes to show what a quality player he could be.

And im sure he will have enhanced as a player by then...Good bit of business there hibs :aok:

Flanny boy
08-08-2014, 06:47 PM
Welcome to hibernian Mathew help us win promotion son

Jonnyboy
08-08-2014, 07:01 PM
Looks like a good 'un!

Interesting that the Liverpool Echo reported the deal as a reciprocal one between the clubs. Who's off to Everton then? :greengrin

hibsbollah
08-08-2014, 07:04 PM
Looks like a good 'un!

Interesting that the Liverpool Echo reported the deal as a reciprocal one between the clubs. Who's off to Everton then? :greengrin

I'm sure Kujabi has never actually left yet :dunno:

Bad Habits
08-08-2014, 07:13 PM
Hope and Garbutt please

I went to school with Luke, was in my form and I played with him a very small amount at lunchtimes (Leeds wouldn't let him get involved with the school football team) etc. wand of a left foot and captained most levels of the England youth teams, honestly don't know why he isn't banging down L.Baines' door. I have heard he likes a good night out a bit too often but to be honest I'm not quite sure how accurate it is.

Iceman1875
08-08-2014, 07:17 PM
Welcome Matthew here's hoping hope is next!

tamig
08-08-2014, 07:28 PM
Looks like a good 'un!

I'm sure it's only suggesting that when Stubbs left there was an agreement he'd continue to develop Everton talent here. Not sure it meant they were expecting anyone in return.

SanFranHibs
08-08-2014, 07:41 PM
I'm sure it's only suggesting that when Stubbs left there was an agreement he'd continue to develop Everton talent here. Not sure it meant they were expecting anyone in return.

I think it was just a tactful 'reminder' that we have to give them back !!!

J-C
08-08-2014, 07:48 PM

Might be they have 1st dibs on any of our talented youngsters.

EvertonFC
08-08-2014, 08:20 PM
I went to school with Luke, was in my form and I played with him a very small amount at lunchtimes (Leeds wouldn't let him get involved with the school football team) etc. wand of a left foot and captained most levels of the England youth teams, honestly don't know why he isn't banging down L.Baines' door. I have heard he likes a good night out a bit too often but to be honest I'm not quite sure how accurate it is.

He is banging down his door. He's going to play an awful lot this season, he's overtaken Oviedo as back up to Baines

down-the-slope
08-08-2014, 08:51 PM
Looks like a good 'un!

First Option on PH

:wink:

Bad Habits
08-08-2014, 09:47 PM
He is banging down his door. He's going to play an awful lot this season, he's overtaken Oviedo as back up to Baines

Good to know, he's a decent bloke and seemed very determined when he was younger :)

EdinMike
08-08-2014, 10:03 PM
http://youtu.be/QdWZi24a-VA

GGTTH07
08-08-2014, 10:06 PM
Absolute superb signing, defo what we needed.

NadeAteMyLunch!
08-08-2014, 10:28 PM

Good interview 👍

ano hibby
08-08-2014, 10:35 PM
Confident young man. Likes 1 on 1s. Wants on the ball.
Good luck Matthew, you'll have my support. Go for it.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
08-08-2014, 11:46 PM

Nice one!

Scottie
08-08-2014, 11:54 PM

Sounds a confident lad which is refreshing

Welcome to Hibernian son :aok:

Dashing Bob S
09-08-2014, 12:09 AM

More good news! What's the word on Mark and John?

Hibeesmad
09-08-2014, 12:40 AM
If himself and Oxley do well for us then I hope there is some sort of arrangement that their loan contracts will be extended

Just_Jimmy
09-08-2014, 01:03 AM
A winger. Finally. After about 4 years. He sounds EXACTLY what we've needed since 2010.

The_Horde
09-08-2014, 01:35 AM
A winger. Finally. After about 4 years. He sounds EXACTLY what we've needed since 2010.

What you talking about? Robertson wide right was great..

HH81
09-08-2014, 06:20 AM
Welcome to Hibs and good interview there.

SouthMoroccoStu
09-08-2014, 07:03 AM
Expected to play today if clearance is given
:flag:

Baker9
09-08-2014, 07:53 AM
:top marks
so feel the width !

Keith_M
09-08-2014, 08:15 AM
so feel the width !

For our younger viewers............

And a little taster of 1970s 'humour'. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yHl8dJqtywg)

ShadesLongThrow
09-08-2014, 11:36 AM
More good news! What's the word on Mark and John?

Nice one. So glad we had the summer clear out. The old back 4 of Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus and Numbers just weren't up to it.

rcarter1
09-08-2014, 12:00 PM
Sounds a confident lad which is refreshing

Welcome to Hibernian son :aok:

One of the most important parts in signing a player. The likes of Alan O Brien and many others had some talent but weren't footballers in the sense of their fighting spirt and will to win. Go for glory Mr. Kennedy!! :thumbsup:

rcarter1
09-08-2014, 12:01 PM
Nice one. So glad we had the summer clear out. The old back 4 of Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus and Numbers just weren't up to it.

Springbank
09-08-2014, 12:03 PM

The Job was too big for them

rcarter1
09-08-2014, 12:14 PM

Big_Franck
09-08-2014, 12:14 PM
Good interview and it's definitely a positive that he can play on both wings and behind the main striker, it adds a few more options that we've been badly missing.

Also, the fact that he accepted a loan move to Tranmere when they were near the bottom of the table shows that he's up for a fight. Welcome to Hibs and good luck Matthew :aok:

Fergus52
09-08-2014, 01:21 PM
good to hear the him and martinez chose for him to come here ahead of english championship teams :thumbsup:

ano hibby
09-08-2014, 01:41 PM
On bench today