PDA

View Full Version : Gold & Glory

Mikeystewart
08-08-2014, 09:25 AM
http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/4716

I see Kevin Harper is the new match day ambassador.

Was that not Pat Stanton's job or has his outspoken views on the current regime got him the boot?

This is completely ill informed BTW just asking the question.

zlatan
08-08-2014, 09:26 AM
Boozy was the ambassador last season. His ferrero rocher were terrible however.

Lucius Apuleius
08-08-2014, 09:43 AM
http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/4716

I see Kevin Harper is the new match day ambassador.

Was that not Pat Stanton's job or has his outspoken views on the current regime got him the boot?

This is completely ill informed BTW just asking the question.

I do not think there is one person who has ever worked for Hibernian FC or ever been involved in Hibernian FC in any manner whatsoever would ever, ever, ever, have Pat Stanton given the boot. You thought Wallace mercer got it hard? Phargh, nothing compared to what would happen to someone even contemplating the above!

Mikeystewart
08-08-2014, 09:54 AM
I do not think there is one person who has ever worked for Hibernian FC or ever been involved in Hibernian FC in any manner whatsoever would ever, ever, ever, have Pat Stanton given the boot. You thought Wallace mercer got it hard? Phargh, nothing compared to what would happen to someone even contemplating the above!

Ah right i didn't realize it wasn't a permanent gig for him. Still must be a bit awkward for him now though when he goes back again to do these things (not his fault obviously).

Lucius Apuleius
08-08-2014, 10:11 AM
Ah right i didn't realize it wasn't a permanent gig for him. Still must be a bit awkward for him now though when he goes back again to do these things (not his fault obviously).

Sorry mate, not really understanding what you are saying here?

Stantons Angel
08-08-2014, 10:16 AM

When i read the post on facebook i too wondered about Pat. Kevin Harper is a really nice guy and was a good servant to Hibs but, no offence intended, he is not exactly "Hero" status enough to pull in the Hospitality guests?

Pat and Lawrie Reilly did a grand job for a long time and are the sort of names the word "Legend" attaches to . As you have said anyone, ANYONE who tried to remove him because of his views on the way Hibs are run would have to run a gauntlet of the Hibs Support!

However i dont think it is the first time he has been treated badly by those who ran the club over the years.

PAT STANTON is Mr Hibs and always will be, there is no better ambassador for the club than he is. Id just like someone to confirm that he is still to be found in the hospitality suite at Easter Road entertaining the guests with a smile and a few yarns about his playing days.

As ive said, no offence at all to Kevin Harper but what illustrious stories of his short career could compete with Pat Stantons???

offshorehibby
08-08-2014, 10:19 AM
Did Kevin Harper not have something to do with a communications outfit that had some tie in with Hibs last season or the season before.

Onceinawhile
08-08-2014, 10:20 AM
Did Kevin Harper not have something to do with a communications outfit that had some tie in with Hibs last season or the season before.

Yes, they sponsored the south stand. Rainbow communications.

He wouldn't be my first choice with his history though tbh.

Mikeystewart
08-08-2014, 10:30 AM
Sorry mate, not really understanding what you are saying here?

Sorry replied to wrong post.

Stantons Angel
08-08-2014, 11:34 AM

Just to put all your minds at ease, i have just spoken to a representative of the club who assures me that Pat Stanton will be in Hospitality tomorrow and at other home games.

There was never any thought that Kevin nor Boozy would take his place as an ambassador for Hibs.

Any way there is no one who could ever live up to the name PAT STANTON!

So why not pop along tomorrow to hospitality and catch up with the man they call "GOD" im sure there will be places available.

--------
08-08-2014, 12:00 PM

They'd be swinging from the Albion Road crossbar. :agree:

Just to put all your minds at ease, i have just spoken to a representative of the club who assures me that Pat Stanton will be in Hospitality tomorrow and at other home games.

There was never any thought that Kevin nor Boozy would take his place as an ambassador for Hibs.

Any way there is no one who could ever live up to the name PAT STANTON!

So why not pop along tomorrow to hospitality and catch up with the man they call "GOD" im sure there will be places available.

Does anyone know what Pat thinks of this? Maybe someone could ask him tomorrow.

stu in nottingham
08-08-2014, 12:06 PM
Agree with the sentiments regarding Pat Stanton, no finer ambassador could Hibs have.

I recall that the club treated another legend, Joe Baker, pretty badly when he worked alongside Pat and Lawrie. That still rankles.

Jones28
08-08-2014, 01:22 PM
Does Harper not run a clothes shop in the Weedge?

Stantons Angel
08-08-2014, 03:37 PM
They'd be swinging from the Albion Road crossbar. :agree:

Does anyone know what Pat thinks of this? Maybe someone could ask him tomorrow.

I will and i will let you know tomorrow.