PDA

View Full Version : Leon Rendle - Our help is needed

Seveno
07-08-2014, 02:18 PM
This sounds a worthwhile cause for the Hibs family to support.

http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/news/health/family-s-struggle-as-teen-has-incurable-cancer-1-3501828

If anyone has the details for the JustGiving page, could they post it here.

Big Frank
07-08-2014, 02:26 PM
I went to Primary School with Leon's dad.

James has been a good Hibby for ever.

Absolutely gutted for them.

--------
07-08-2014, 02:34 PM
I went to Primary School with Leon's dad.

James has been a good Hibby for ever.

Absolutely gutted for them.

So what can we do?

dangermouse
07-08-2014, 02:41 PM
Something similar to the young lass from the Borders we helped out last year? Can't remember who kicked that off but IIRC it brought in a tidy sum.

Seveno
07-08-2014, 02:49 PM
I managed to find the JustGiving page:

https://www.justgiving.com/yimby/leonrendle#/

Seveno
07-08-2014, 02:51 PM
I managed to find the JustGiving page:

https://www.justgiving.com/yimby/leonrendle#/

It seesm to be closed. More detective work required I think.

Coco Bryce
07-08-2014, 04:26 PM
It seesm to be closed. More detective work required I think.

Know the family well. Used to go to games with James. Such a lovely family, gutted for them having to deal with this.

Pretty Boy
07-08-2014, 04:30 PM
Horrible story.

The support for carers in this country still leaves a hell of a lot to be desired imo.

BT58
07-08-2014, 05:05 PM
I used to work with Leon's mum Nicola Rendle..its very sad about Leon.

patch1875
07-08-2014, 06:13 PM
Good support from letts:rolleyes:

FatPat
07-08-2014, 08:17 PM
My bro ia good pals with Leons dad - would urge you all to support the family and if you get a chance look at this link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AK9UJD8N_eg or go to youtube and look for All for one Defoe and Leon

Very moving

Great lad - Great family

Thinking of you all

Stantons Angel
08-08-2014, 10:21 AM
My bro ia good pals with Leons dad - would urge you all to support the family and if you get a chance look at this link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AK9UJD8N_eg or go to youtube and look for All for one Defoe and Leon

Very moving

Great lad - Great family

Thinking of you all

Why dont we just set up a page from the Hibs support and ask any one who wants to to make a donation to help the family?

HappyAsHellas
08-08-2014, 01:33 PM
Could Hibs not organise a collection at a home game? I think the community would fully back an initiative such as this.

Slim Shady
08-08-2014, 08:11 PM
Could Hibs not organise a collection at a home game? I think the community would fully back an initiative such as this.

Too late for tomorrows home game but what about Hibs raise the price of the entry to the match by £1. The £1 goes to the justgiving page with giftaid (25% extra)

5000 walk up fans donating the £1 = £6250 (when gift aid is added)

Collection buckets would also enable those who can donate more to do so and allow Season Ticket holder who have already paid give their £1.

Aaron
08-08-2014, 08:16 PM
Too late for tomorrows home game but what about Hibs raise the price of the entry to the match by £1. The £1 goes to the justgiving page with giftaid (25% extra)

Collection buckets would also enable those who can donate more to do so and allow Season Ticket holder who have already paid give their £1.

Great idea in practice but it would never work. There are lots of folks who struggle just to pay their way in as it is and with our prices this season it would put people of attending. A bucket outside though is a great idea.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

FranckSuzy
08-08-2014, 08:27 PM
Just seen this and I'm going to email Sue Mclernon at Hibs and see what the club can do for Leon :aok:

madabouthibs
08-08-2014, 08:45 PM
Life is so **** sometimes. Brave wee guy, I've got a lad the same age and this kinda thing really hits home. :-(

FranckSuzy
09-08-2014, 01:19 PM
Spoke to Sue Mcl and LD and Hibs are in contact with Leon and his family :)

Ants
09-08-2014, 04:05 PM

Collection buckets must be pre-authorised by council.
An APPLICATION FOR PERMISSION TO CONDUCT A PUBLIC CHARITABLE COLLECTION has to be submitted.
I don't know how long authorisation takes, but its the council so don't hold your breath.

Seveno
09-08-2014, 06:49 PM
Spoke to Sue Mcl and LD and Hibs are in contact with Leon and his family :)

Thanks, Suzy. You are a star.

FranckSuzy
09-08-2014, 07:35 PM
Thanks, Suzy. You are a star.

My pleasure :aok:

Sue Mclernon has asked to me to advise everyone that CCLASP (Children with Cancer and Leukaemia, Advice and Support for Parents) are working with Leon and his family to start up another Just Giving page so if anyone wants to contribute, it should hopefully be up and running soon.

Aaron
09-08-2014, 11:31 PM
My pleasure :aok:

Sue Mclernon has asked to me to advise everyone that CCLASP (Children with Cancer and Leukaemia, Advice and Support for Parents) are working with Leon and his family to start up another Just Giving page so if anyone wants to contribute, it should hopefully be up and running soon.

Thanks Suzy. Brought a wee tear to my eye when I watched that video. Brave lad. :thumbsup:

FranckSuzy
10-08-2014, 08:30 PM
Thanks Suzy. Brought a wee tear to my eye when I watched that video. Brave lad. :thumbsup:

:agree: :aok:

Seveno
11-08-2014, 11:46 AM
I have just watched the video as well. Brave lad, indeed, and his Dad shows a lot of dignity in an awful situation for a parent.

Hibeesmad
11-08-2014, 03:41 PM
I am mates with Leon's cousin and I have met Leon on several occasions, I remember the first time I met him he was wearing his hibs kit with pride, I believe he was or still is a season ticket holder, he's such a nice lad and wouldn't harm anybody, he has shown how strong he is considering how bad the situation is. I hope something can be organised at the game to help out his family and Leon himself!

cocopops1875
12-08-2014, 04:39 AM
Collection buckets must be pre-authorised by council.
An APPLICATION FOR PERMISSION TO CONDUCT A PUBLIC CHARITABLE COLLECTION has to be submitted.
I don't know how long authorisation takes, but its the council so don't hold your breath.
Obviously don't want to Hijack this thread at all but how did this fly when the mutants across the city started rattling buckets all over the place ?

Seveno
15-08-2014, 12:39 PM
The Just Giving page is here https://www.justgiving.com/Leonrendle/

ALF TUPPER
15-08-2014, 01:11 PM
Been in contact with Leon's folks about a shark dive. My pleasure to take him on a dive.

Any other ScubaHibbys out there might be interested ?

Bronson
15-08-2014, 01:13 PM

Very moving

Great lad - Great family

Thinking of you all

Heartbreaking that, left a lump in my throat. It's always a very sad scenario but there's something that makes it all the more upsetting when it's a hibby, one of your own.

GORDONSMITH7
04-09-2014, 06:37 PM
I have been asked to post this information by the organizers of this event, who are both St. Pat's Branch members, but not too handy with new technology.It is being held to raise dough for Leon to help him do things whilst he is still well enough.

A Smoker has been organised at the Hibs Club on Sunday 14th September, 1pm-6pm to raise money to this end. There will be top rated entertainment, a speaker and a comedian, food and a free draw for Hibs related goodies. Tickets are £25 and can be obtained from the Hibs Club, Peter Foley and James Murray.

At our last Branch meeting we unanimously agreed to give a donation to this worthy cause which we will hand over to the organisers of this event.

If interested feel free to phone James, who is General Secretary of the Hibernian Supporters Association on 07712889283.

GGTTH

BIG G

Bruceb1875
04-09-2014, 10:45 PM
This sounds a worthwhile cause for the Hibs family to support.

http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/news/health/family-s-struggle-as-teen-has-incurable-cancer-1-3501828

If anyone has the details for the JustGiving page, could they post it here.
If you Type in Leon's mums name into Facebook the link to just giving is there. GGTTH

FranckSuzy
04-09-2014, 11:11 PM
I have been asked to post this information by the organizers of this event, who are both St. Pat's Branch members, but not too handy with new technology.It is being held to raise dough for Leon to help him do things whilst he is still well enough.

A Smoker has been organised at the Hibs Club on Sunday 14th September, 1pm-6pm to raise money to this end. There will be top rated entertainment, a speaker and a comedian, food and a free draw for Hibs related goodies. Tickets are £25 and can be obtained from the Hibs Club, Peter Foley and James Murray.

At our last Branch meeting we unanimously agreed to give a donation to this worthy cause which we will hand over to the organisers of this event.

If interested feel free to phone James, who is General Secretary of the Hibernian Supporters Association on 07712889283.

GGTTH

BIG G

Great gesture BUT if you are easily offended, the "comedian" bit is best avoided.....