PDA

View Full Version : Handling - No Red Card Appeal

Keith_M
07-08-2014, 11:47 AM
Danny Handling has received a Two Match Ban for his red card but Hibs are not appealing it.

He'll miss Saturday's game then our next match in the Petrofac Cup (hopefully never)

http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/danny-handling-free-to-face-hearts-in-derby-1-3501846

soupy
07-08-2014, 11:50 AM
WTF, surely worth an appeal????

Hibee87
07-08-2014, 11:54 AM
Wonder what the team will be Sat, will be keep the same formation or go 2 upfront i wonder :confused:

my guess/hope would be

................oakley.................

gray forster hanlon stevenson

harris craig allen/robbo stanton

.............farid heff...........

Id say cummings to get a game, but assume he still not fully match fit

SanFranHibs
07-08-2014, 11:57 AM
WTF, surely worth an appeal????

a 2 match ban for that borderline red card?

Appeal so he is at least available for the Hearts game (if I am right saying this).

What a joke. But shows me how out of touch I am...I thought a red card was still a one match ban unless it was some horrific tackle or something like a pre-meditated hit on someone.

easty
07-08-2014, 11:58 AM
I wouldnt appeal it, soft or not, it was a tackle from behind and the appeal would fail as they would back their referee.

SanFranHibs
07-08-2014, 11:59 AM
Wonder what the team will be Sat, will be keep the same formation or go 2 upfront i wonder :confused:

my guess/hope would be

I think Cummings should be in. No-one is ever truly match fit until they play some matches. I know they can play for the juniors to get fit but sitting on the bench is n ot going to get 'match fit'.

Get him on!!!

Gus
07-08-2014, 12:03 PM
The appeal would fail. Hibs would have to pay I think £1000 just for the opportunity to appeal for a player that might be used more in the cup than in league.

So take the 2 game suspension at the start of the season. Had it been half way through onwards and we had injury worries then an appeal might have gone in.

Hibee87
07-08-2014, 12:04 PM
a 2 match ban for that borderline red card?

Appeal so he is at least available for the Hearts game (if I am right saying this).

What a joke. But shows me how out of touch I am...I thought a red card was still a one match ban unless it was some horrific tackle or something like a pre-meditated hit on someone.

He is available for hearts, 1 match immediate ban and 1 match ban in the next petrofact cup game :aok:

marti1875
07-08-2014, 12:08 PM
Now i think the red was never a red but anyway. People saying we should appeal...we can't as it had ro be in by 3pm yesterday!

He DOESN'T miss rhe Hearts game...he only misses the Livvy game then the next Petrofac cup game so effectively only a 1 game ban.

Thecat23
07-08-2014, 12:11 PM
I think i'm the only one on here that thinks it WAS a red. Tackle from behind and he could have done a bit damage. His reaction also tells me he knew it was a red. Tin hat is firmly on btw :greengrin

Diclonius
07-08-2014, 12:12 PM
I can see the reasoning behind this. If we appeal and it's rejected then we may miss him for the Hearts game?

Keith_M
07-08-2014, 12:12 PM
I think i'm the only one on here that thinks it WAS a red. Tackle from behind and he could have done a bit damage. His reaction also tells me he knew it was a red. Tin hat is firmly on btw :greengrin

Burn the Witch!!!

:halowitch:

Mr White
07-08-2014, 12:14 PM
Scott Allan to start on saturday then?

Thecat23
07-08-2014, 12:17 PM
Burn the Witch!!!

:halowitch:

:worried:

SanFranHibs
07-08-2014, 12:21 PM
Now i think the red was never a red but anyway. People saying we should appeal...we can't as it had ro be in by 3pm yesterday!

He DOESN'T miss rhe Hearts game...he only misses the Livvy game then the next Petrofac cup game so effectively only a 1 game ban.

Ah, I see. Even though we are out of that Cup it counts as game in his ban? Cheers mate. I did not know that. In this case smart not to appeal as it will not be overturned. I just thought it would have been good for Stubbs to have him available for the Hearts game...but if he still is. And I supose it means he and his rep do not have to go through to the Lodge in Glasgow just to hear that it has been upheld.....which reminds me of a little 'sketch' I came up with for the trial of the Hearts fan who ran on to attack Lennon.

The camera is close up to the judges face as he turns to the jury and asks 'Have you reached a verdict on which you are all agreed?". The jury foreman in another close up, 'We have your honour!". "How do you find the accused. Guilty or Not guilty?" The camera pans out to reveal that every jury member is wearing a sash and the foreman says "Not guilty your honour". Then the camera returns to the judge and slowly pans out to reveal him in his sash and he says "You have been found not guilty by a jury of your peers, a decision in which this court is in full accord. You are free to go."

Hey, I thought it was good. At the time at least.

Well, that is the sum total of my 'screenwriting' career and I have no rights of appeal either.

silverhibee
I wouldnt appeal it, soft or not, it was a tackle from behind and the appeal would fail as they would back their referee.

:agree:

From my view it looked like he had caught him down the back of the players thigh from behind, he gave the ref a decision to make and he deemed it red, you just can't make tackles like that at Ibrox and Parkhead and not get punished for it.

JimBHibees
Staggered we havent appealled as never a red in a million years. Can understand if an appeal that was lost could mean he miss the derby though.

The Hibee Harp
07-08-2014, 12:23 PM
Two match ban for a tackle that was at worst a booking is scandalous!

Agree with posters that appeal would've been pointless as SFA would close shop.

db03
07-08-2014, 12:27 PM
this is why I wont speak football with you anymore :na na:

The_Exile
07-08-2014, 12:27 PM
Glad it happened so early in the season as the entire team will now know what they're up against, hopefully he learns from it and that's that. Agree it will be pointless appealing it as it was a daft tackle and not one they'd even entertain looking at again.

Thecat23
07-08-2014, 12:31 PM
this is why I wont speak football with you anymore :na na:

:greengrin

GreenLake
07-08-2014, 12:58 PM
Handling's attempt to poke the ball away results in a two match ban, but Hutchinson's brutal sledging of Harris last year, which breaks his foot, only get's a booking. :rolleyes:

Mathias Jack
07-08-2014, 01:12 PM

From my view it looked like he had caught him down the back of the players thigh from behind, he gave the ref a decision to make and he deemed it red, you just can't make tackles like that at Ibrox and Parkhead and not get punished for it.

Correct, and he didn't need to make a tackle like that in that area of the park anyways.

Anyways, regardless of whether we think it was an injustice and how aggrieved we feel about it, he's hardly a star man that we'll miss dreadfully on Saturday. Gives Allan a chance...or to start Heffs up top.

frazeHFC
07-08-2014, 01:13 PM
Thank god he doesn't miss the derby.

lobster
07-08-2014, 01:41 PM
Correct, and he didn't need to make a tackle like that in that area of the park anyways.

Anyways, regardless of whether we think it was an injustice and how aggrieved we feel about it, he's hardly a star man that we'll miss dreadfully on Saturday. Gives Allan a chance...or to start Heffs up top.

Fair enough but I think you are also being very harsh. Anyone who plays well and scores IS a star man and Handling was definitely that before his very harsh sending off. It might be the letter of the law but the law is an ass IMO. And it ruined a good game.

WestEndHibee
07-08-2014, 01:57 PM

:troll: :devil:

Hibiza
07-08-2014, 02:23 PM

WHAT, you're kidding. :confused:

lobster
07-08-2014, 02:28 PM
:troll: :devil:

Cant resist...
Theres one or two of you who think that way. I can see where you are coming from, its the sort of the 'technically correct' against 'sensible' refereeing. However i'm biased and another ref on another day at another venue (!) would not have sent him off. And for me they would be correct, not abiding by a general law which says 'thou shalt not tackle from behind (at Ibrox)'. For me Handling was coming in from the side anyway, his studs weren't showing, he was playing really well and whats more, he scored!
That was his crime, scoring at Ibrox. :wink:

Mathias Jack
07-08-2014, 02:39 PM
Fair enough but I think you are also being very harsh. Anyone who plays well and scores IS a star man and Handling was definitely that before his very harsh sending off. It might be the letter of the law but the law is an ass IMO. And it ruined a good game.

I didn't say he didn't have a good game but what i'm saying is it's not like he's the first name down the team sheet. One game and he's a star man? Think you're getting carried away there, but we are both entitled to our opinions.

I'm delighted Handling has eventually found his position and will hopefully kick on this season, but he's not irreplaceable in a starting 11.

lobster
07-08-2014, 02:41 PM
I didn't say he didn't have a good game but what i'm saying is it's not like he's the first name down the team sheet. One game and he's a star man? Think you're getting carried away there, but we are both entitled to our opinions.

I'm delighted Handling has eventually found his position and will hopefully kick on this season, but he's not irreplaceable in a starting 11.

Is anyone irreplaceable at the moment?

Greenworld
07-08-2014, 03:05 PM

Been my star man in the last two games ive seen .....

Thecat23
07-08-2014, 03:15 PM
Cant resist...
Theres one or two of you who think that way. I can see where you are coming from, its the sort of the 'technically correct' against 'sensible' refereeing. However i'm biased and another ref on another day at another venue (!) would not have sent him off. And for me they would be correct, not abiding by a general law which says 'thou shalt not tackle from behind (at Ibrox)'. For me Handling was coming in from the side anyway, his studs weren't showing, he was playing really well and whats more, he scored!
That was his crime, scoring at Ibrox. :wink:

I'd like to view it again but yeah letter of the law I thought soon as he did it that he's gone! So wasn't a surprise when he did. I do agree another day could well have been a yellow. But if Black made that challenge on one of our players I'd be screaming for a red along with 99% of this board I'd bet.

He was doing well at that point as well so was a shame he was sent off!

Mathias Jack
07-08-2014, 03:33 PM
Is anyone irreplaceable at the moment?

My answer is no. Maybe a striker, should a couple of them get injured and we only have 3, leaving us light up top.

Innocent question...what's your point?

JimBHibees
07-08-2014, 03:36 PM
I'd like to view it again but yeah letter of the law I thought soon as he did it that he's gone! So wasn't a surprise when he did. I do agree another day could well have been a yellow. But if Black made that challenge on one of our players I'd be screaming for a red along with 99% of this board I'd bet.

Honestly wouldnt have been screaming for a red at all whoever carried out the tackle and we also all know that the chances of a Rangers player being sent off anywhere never mind at Ibrox for that tackle is nil.

leggeto
07-08-2014, 03:37 PM
Only thing I can think off is handling is replaceable

Billy Whizz
07-08-2014, 03:43 PM
Only thing I can think off is handling is replaceable

Or we might go with 2 out and out strikers against Livvi. Farid and either Heff or JC

lobster
07-08-2014, 03:45 PM
My answer is no. Maybe a striker, should a couple of them get injured and we only have 3, leaving us light up top.

Innocent question...what's your point?

My point is, as I said, he was a star man at Ibrox and your assessment of him as not was in my view, a tad harsh. Only time will tell if he rises to the challenge this season but I really hope he does.

silverhibee
07-08-2014, 04:02 PM
Or we might go with 2 out and out strikers against Livvi. Farid and either Heff or JC

Is he fit yet.

Billy Whizz
07-08-2014, 04:05 PM
Is he fit yet.

Was on the bench on Tuesday, so must be available

SMAXXA
07-08-2014, 04:06 PM
Watched it again a few times and I don't think it was ever a red card, could argue the tackle was actually from the side when he made connection. Looked worse with other leg coming round but seen far worse that go unpunished.

RoscoHibby
07-08-2014, 04:59 PM
Was a tackle from the back. Probably would've been a booking if he hadnt followed through with his standing leg to make sure he nailed him...gave the ref more than enough ammo. He knew it by his reaction as well. Appeal would be a waste of money.

3pm
07-08-2014, 05:07 PM
It wasn't a red IMO.

JimBHibees
07-08-2014, 05:35 PM
Watched it again a few times and I don't think it was ever a red card, could argue the tackle was actually from the side when he made connection. Looked worse with other leg coming round but seen far worse that go unpunished.

Completely agree, never a red. Much worse tackles go unpunished. Joke decision.

macd123
07-08-2014, 05:37 PM

I don't think it's letter of the law.

A tackle with one foot, with no studs showing??

HibbyAndy
07-08-2014, 05:39 PM
No danger was that a red card.

Absolute no ****ing danger!! We/They can dress it up anyway they/we want their is not a hope in hell that was a STRAIGHT red card.

Thecat23
07-08-2014, 05:40 PM
I don't think it's letter of the law.

A tackle with one foot, with no studs showing??

As I say I really would like to watch it again. I thought it was from behind myself which is not allowed. Also Danny's reaction after said he knew it was coming. I heard Murray after it saying it wasn't a red but the view I seen I thought before the ref showed it that it was a straight red!

Thecat23
07-08-2014, 05:41 PM
Anyone got footage of it?

SMAXXA
07-08-2014, 05:45 PM
Anyone got footage of it?

On here mate -

http://www1.skysports.com/football/live/match/323597/report

H18sry
07-08-2014, 05:47 PM

my guess/hope would be

Who?

Thecat23
07-08-2014, 05:47 PM
On here mate -

http://www1.skysports.com/football/live/match/323597/report

Never a red 😁

Thecat23
07-08-2014, 05:49 PM
I thought it was straight from behind it's more the side. That not a red card so hold my hand up here and say I was wrong ✋

SMAXXA
07-08-2014, 05:50 PM
I thought it was straight from behind it's more the side. That not a red card so hold my hand up here and say I was wrong ✋

:aok: Ach why change a hi it of a lifetime mate eh :greengrin

Thecat23
07-08-2014, 05:51 PM
:aok: Ach why change a hi it of a lifetime mate eh :greengrin

Haha can't argue with that!!!

Billy Whizz
07-08-2014, 05:52 PM
Never a red 😁

1st time I've viewed it since I was at the game on Tuesday, never a red card in a million years.
They say these breaks even out over the season, but we never seem to get any

Keith_M
07-08-2014, 05:53 PM

Fair enuff, Pitchforks put away and Witchhunt called off.

:wink:

Thecat23
07-08-2014, 05:55 PM
1st time alive viewed it since I was at the game on Tuesday, never a red card in a million years.
They say these breaks even out over the season, but we never seem to get any

That's true, can't remember last time these decisions went in our favour!

Thecat23
07-08-2014, 05:56 PM
Fair enuff, Pitchforks put away and Witchhunt called off.

:wink:

Phew.. 😅

TheFamous1875
07-08-2014, 05:58 PM
1.47.35 secs in:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b04cs82l/live-football-rangers-v-hibernian

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Tricla
07-08-2014, 05:59 PM
The appeal would fail. Hibs would have to pay I think £1000 just for the opportunity to appeal for a player that might be used more in the cup than in league.

So take the 2 game suspension at the start of the season. Had it been half way through onwards and we had injury worries then an appeal might have gone in.

A player who'll be used more in the cups than the league? DH has been a standout and was arguably te best player in the park before he went off.

I think AH really rates him and he'll play.

lobster
07-08-2014, 06:11 PM
A player who'll be used more in the cups than the league? DH has been a standout and was arguably te best player in the park before he went off.

I think AH really rates him and he'll play.

Absolutely, thats what made it particularly annoying he was really coming on in that game and took his goal with a great deal of composure. A decent ref would've given him a break.

lobster
07-08-2014, 06:12 PM

:top marks

NadeAteMyLunch!
07-08-2014, 08:11 PM
Lol SURELY no Hibs fan actually thinks that deserved a straight red?!? Honestly one of the worst decisions I've seen in a long time. No wonder these horrendous refs get away with these decisions when we've got our own fans just shrugging their shoulders and accepting this nonsense

Brooster
07-08-2014, 08:31 PM
Yes it was harsh and probably cost us the game but appealing is a waste of £1000 at a time when we are making massive budget cuts. Scott Allan or Jason Cummings can fill in on Saturday. Danny has had a great pre season and is looking sharp therefore he will be missed but lets take our medicine.

MyJo
07-08-2014, 08:38 PM
Lol SURELY no Hibs fan actually thinks that deserved a straight red?!? Honestly one of the worst decisions I've seen in a long time. No wonder these horrendous refs get away with these decisions when we've got our own fans just shrugging their shoulders and accepting this nonsense

He didnt deserve the red card but he has been given a 2 match ban which is the Livingston match on saturday and the next Petrofac cup game he plays in which wont be until at least next season and only if we aren't promoted this year. Its meaningless

Its by all accounts a 1 match ban, against opposition we should be able handle comfortably without him but he is still available for the much more important match against hearts the following week.

Not worth the hassle of fighting it.

NadeAteMyLunch!
07-08-2014, 09:37 PM
He didnt deserve the red card but he has been given a 2 match ban which is the Livingston match on saturday and the next Petrofac cup game he plays in which wont be until at least next season and only if we aren't promoted this year. Its meaningless

Its by all accounts a 1 match ban, against opposition we should be able handle comfortably without him but he is still available for the much more important match against hearts the following week.

Not worth the hassle of fighting it.

Agreed. Just can't get my head around any Hibs fan thinking that was a red card?!! It's so far away from being a straight red that its ridiculous. The ref should be taking absolute pelters for that decision!!!

MyJo
07-08-2014, 10:18 PM
Agreed. Just can't get my head around any Hibs fan thinking that was a red card?!! It's so far away from being a straight red that its ridiculous. The ref should be taking absolute pelters for that decision!!!

:agree: it was a clumsy challenge that deserved a booking but that's what we have to expect when we are up against the Huns again. New club, old friends

The_Horde
08-08-2014, 08:57 PM
Appealing would have him out for the hearts game.

He's only banned for 1 match this season unless he moved to a side still in the Petrofac shambles cup.

R11Loaded
08-08-2014, 10:04 PM
With regards to Daniel, a close friend is currently grieving with today being the funeral, about an hour ago saw him walking out a pub in Haddington dressed really smart assuming it's for the wake.

Possibly best he can't play tomorrow, a lot on his mind I'm sure.