PDA

View Full Version : Lewis Horner

Billychaotic182
07-08-2014, 11:19 AM
Inverness hope to conclude a deal for former Hibs and Blyth Spartans midfielder Lewis Horner before the weekend. (Various)

Seen this on the bbc. Never seen the lad play. Was he any good?

Unseen work
07-08-2014, 11:28 AM
I remember everything making a big deal about him and that he had something and would be first team soon, then he seemed to disappear

J-C
07-08-2014, 12:15 PM
Was Horner not the lad that Martin (Jimmy) Scott broke his jaw in training., or was that Sean Welsh??

Billychaotic182
07-08-2014, 12:19 PM
Was Horner not the lad that Martin (Jimmy) Scott broke his jaw in training., or was that Sean Welsh??

That was Welsh

J-C
07-08-2014, 12:20 PM
That was Welsh

Cheers, old memory playing up again :greengrin

NOLA
07-08-2014, 12:33 PM
Inverness hope to conclude a deal for former Hibs and Blyth Spartans midfielder Lewis Horner before the weekend. (Various)

Seen this on the bbc. Never seen the lad play. Was he any good?
obviously not

hibeemikey21
07-08-2014, 12:35 PM
obviously not

He was so poor that he has been signed by a team playing at a higher level

truehibernian
07-08-2014, 12:39 PM
Lewis was quite a tidy midfielder but I thought he was a little lightweight and for me a wee bit timid in the tackle - however he was very young. Using a Hibs example for me he was like a Kevin McBride type.....didn't offer much attacking wise.

Always good to see young players stick at it though so wish him the best and hope he does well.

jdships
07-08-2014, 07:30 PM
Lewis was quite a tidy midfielder but I thought he was a little lightweight and for me a wee bit timid in the tackle - however he was very young. Using a Hibs example for me he was like a Kevin McBride type.....didn't offer much attacking wise.

Always good to see young players stick at it though so wish him the best and hope he does well.

:agree:
Word I had when he was released was he " needs to work on his physique and his concentration ".
Only saw him play twice and didn't notice anything special about him
Good luck to the lad !!

Jonnyboy
07-08-2014, 07:33 PM
Only ever made one first team appearance, coming on as a sub after 77 minutes away to ICT - we lost 2-0

http://www.fitbastats.com/hibs/game.php?gameid=19927

Billy Whizz
07-08-2014, 07:36 PM
Only ever made one first team appearance, coming on as a sub after 77 minutes away to ICT - we lost 2-0

http://www.fitbastats.com/hibs/game.php?gameid=19927

I always wondered what happened to him. CC I believe, gave him a 3 year deal, and Fenlon came in and didn't fancy him

Jonnyboy
07-08-2014, 07:40 PM
I always wondered what happened to him. CC I believe, gave him a 3 year deal, and Fenlon came in and didn't fancy him

Why does that not surprise me Billy? :wink: Akin to Mowbray giving Zibi a new deal as his parting gift to Hibs

Billy Whizz
07-08-2014, 07:51 PM
Why does that not surprise me Billy? :wink: Akin to Mowbray giving Zibi a new deal as his parting gift to Hibs

You're right, but you would think a Manager would give a young player a longish deal with some advice from the Academy personnel

Jonnyboy
07-08-2014, 08:05 PM
You're right, but you would think a Manager would give a young player a longish deal with some advice from the Academy personnel

AFAIK CC never spoke to the academy staff, or reporters, or other chairmen (allegedly) but did often speak to sweetie sellers :greengrin

RIP Bestie
07-08-2014, 08:10 PM
Can't remember much of Lewis but remember his brother Jack.
Wee fat huffy b*****d.
Use to just sit in the corner all day eating and playing with his plums.

tamig
07-08-2014, 08:17 PM

That sounds just like a Yogi template for a midfielder.

Billy Whizz
07-08-2014, 08:30 PM
AFAIK CC never spoke to the academy staff, or reporters, or other chairmen (allegedly) but did often speak to sweetie sellers :greengrin

Jonnyboy, think we all wish Rod had taken the sweeties on offer

Row H
07-08-2014, 09:08 PM
Wee fat huffy b*****d.

:faf::faf::faf::faf:

Bishop Hibee
07-08-2014, 10:01 PM
If ICT sell Billy McKay then they will struggle to avoid the bottom 2.

Hibs07p
08-08-2014, 06:49 AM
Wee fat huffy b*****d.

:top marks:rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao:

Alfred E Newman
08-08-2014, 08:22 AM
Wee fat huffy b*****d.

:thumbsup:

Dashing Bob S
08-08-2014, 10:06 AM
Wee fat huffy b*****d.

:top marks Best post on this board in ages.