PDA

View Full Version : Griffiths

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5

erin go bragh
17-08-2014, 07:58 PM
Celtic's bid of over 2m accepted by Stoke for striker Camernon Jerome ( says a Sunday paper )

Ggtth

scoopyboy
17-08-2014, 08:03 PM
Celtic's bid of over 2m accepted by Stoke for striker Camernon Jerome ( says a Sunday paper )

Ggtth

Jerome is distraught at the idea though of playing for Celtic.

emerald green
17-08-2014, 08:03 PM
Did I not read in the Scotsman only yesterday the Celtic manager rubbishing rumours of LG coming to Hibs on a loan deal?

Yes I know, don't believe everything you read in the papers, but he seemed quite clear that it wasn't going to happen.

geohibby
17-08-2014, 08:08 PM
Did I not read in the Scotsman only yesterday the Celtic manager rubbishing rumours of LG coming to Hibs on a loan deal?

Yes I know, don't believe everything you read in the papers, but he seemed quite clear that it wasn't going to happen.

is it going to happen?
or is it you think that jerome will be arriving so they may let
griffiths go?

emerald green
17-08-2014, 08:29 PM
is it going to happen?
or is it you think that jerome will be arriving so they may let
griffiths go?

Is it going to happen? I honestly wish it was, but I simply do not know mate.

If it's true they are going to pay £2m for a striker, I'm hoping they might let LG go to Hibs on loan.

As always, money/wages might be a problem for Hibs, but if there was any chance of it happening Hibs should find the money somehow because I believe LG could be the difference between Hibs being promoted this season and staying down for at least two. I believe season ticket sales and/or pay at the gate takings would increase if LG could be brought back to Hibs.

geohibby
17-08-2014, 08:32 PM
Is it going to happen? I honestly wish it was, but I simply do not know mate.

If it's true they are going to pay £2m for a striker, I'm hoping they might let LG go to Hibs on loan.

As always, money/wages might be a problem for Hibs, but if there was any chance of it happening Hibs should find the money somehow because I believe LG could be the difference between Hibs being promoted this season and staying down for at least two. I believe season ticket sales and/or pay at the gate takings would increase if LG could be brought back to Hibs.

i agree

LancsHibs
17-08-2014, 08:38 PM
Please please make this happen:pray:

Glorious St Pat
17-08-2014, 08:40 PM
Leigh apparently was in the Hibs club last night and one of the St Pat boys, I believe, asked if he was coming.

He said he was...but in a joking was!

hibee_girl
17-08-2014, 08:58 PM
If he does come he's going to have a hell of a lot of pressure on him, we're expecting him to win us the league on his own! :greengrin

Pretty Boy
17-08-2014, 09:00 PM
If he does come he's going to have a hell of a lot of pressure on him, we're expecting him to win us the league on his own! :greengrin

We're talking about a man who can Impregnate a woman with a single glance.

Compared to that winning us the league is no bother.

hibee_girl
17-08-2014, 09:01 PM
We're talking about a man who can Impregnate a woman with a single glance.

Compared to that winning us the league is no bother.

Fair point! :greengrin

calumhibee1
18-08-2014, 07:46 AM
Griffiths and El Alagui would tear this league apart, I'm trying to ignore the rational part of my brain that keeps telling me this won't happen. It would be a real statement of intent from Hibs if it did, perhaps our most significant since Deek returning from Celtic or Stokes imo.

With the position we're in the signing of Griffiths would be the biggest signing we've had since Sauzee and Latapy. Isn't going to happen though IMO.

Thecat23
18-08-2014, 07:53 AM
I have just spoke to an agent who said Hibs will make moves this week to bring Leigh back to ER. Whether they manage it remains to be seen.

Stubbs 100% wants him and Celtic would loan him out.

Pretty Boy
18-08-2014, 07:53 AM
I have just spoke to an agent who said Hibs will make moves this week to bring Leigh back to ER. Whether they manage it remains to be seen.

Please please please please please please please please please happen.

Oh did I say please.

Thecat23
18-08-2014, 07:54 AM
Please please please please please please please please please happen.

Oh did I say please.

Pretty much my response 😄

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gatecrasher
18-08-2014, 07:55 AM

I think Haymaker might explode....

Golden Bear
18-08-2014, 07:58 AM
Aye and pigs might fly.

hibsmad
18-08-2014, 08:04 AM

That's me now officially exicted!

Come on tae **** Jerome, sign that ****ing contract!!

Hibs7
18-08-2014, 08:04 AM

Cue 2000 + more season ticket sales and a Hibs team to be scared of .. I couldn't afford a Season ticket but would be at every home game if this was to happen ! I do hope they are successful ..

SaulGoodman
18-08-2014, 08:05 AM
:hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

Billy Whizz
18-08-2014, 08:11 AM

Does he want to come to Hibs? Might fancy a crack at the Champions league

blackpoolhibs
18-08-2014, 08:11 AM

That would be a signing up there with Sauzee and Latapy, he is universally loved by everyone at Easter Road. Someone who would get the whole place excited, please please please make this happen Hibs. :pray:

Billy Whizz
18-08-2014, 08:12 AM
That would be a signing up there with Sauzee and Latapy, he is universally loved by everyone at Easter Road. Someone who would get the whole place excited, please please please make this happen Hibs. :pray:

Will it get guys like you back to ER?

Thecat23
18-08-2014, 08:12 AM

I've no idea Billy. He may want to stay! All I was told was Hibs will try to get him back before the window closes.

Hibs7
18-08-2014, 08:14 AM

Only being used as a sub and with them trying to sign another forward, plus the stick he gets from the support .. Would be a great move for him to come back here .. Plus he loves playing against the Hearts, lots of positives to come back.

Billy Whizz
18-08-2014, 08:14 AM
I've no idea Billy. He may want to stay! All I was told was Hibs will try to get him back before the window closes.

Thanks
Can't see a decision being made until celtics fate has been decided

blackpoolhibs
18-08-2014, 08:15 AM
Will it get guys like you back to ER?

Too right, it would give a clear intention to me that we were not just in this division to make the numbers up.

greenginger
18-08-2014, 08:16 AM
If there is any substance to this and Griffith's wages are an obstacle could a supporters contribution fund be a Legal way of funding his wages partly tax free ?

Say his wages are £6,000 per week. Hibs pay £ 2 K all properly taxed etc and the net balance of the £ 4 K would probably be around £ 2,500 after tax.

Would it be legit to fund a players wages tax free in this way if it were kept completely separate from the Club.

Crops , Cav, etc ?

And, what was the name of that Lotto winner ? :cb

Beefster
18-08-2014, 08:19 AM
If there is any substance to this and Griffith's wages are an obstacle could a supporters contribution fund be a Legal way of funding his wages partly tax free ?

Say his wages are £6,000 per week. Hibs pay £ 2 K all properly taxed etc and the net balance of the £ 4 K would probably be around £ 2,500 after tax.

Would it be legit to fund a players wages tax free in this way if it were kept completely separate from the Club.

Crops , Cav, etc ?

I wouldn't have thought so.

Hibs7
18-08-2014, 08:19 AM

Crops , Cav, etc ?

Don't think you would need to go down that route, the increase in season tickets would more than cover the costs I would think.

Billy Whizz
18-08-2014, 08:23 AM
Don't think you would need to go down that route, the increase in season tickets would more than cover the costs I would think.

Would need around another 1500 or so, not a lot in the scheme of things

blackpoolhibs
18-08-2014, 08:28 AM

I know we'd bring a few up from Lancashire, i'd buy a season ticket today if he signed. Its time the club acted first before i spend my money, not the other way around as has been the way in the past.

Purpose and leadership is what i have wanted to see from those at the top, this would be that in abundance.

Hibs7
18-08-2014, 08:30 AM

I think we would easily achieve that if he was to come back, but get the feeling those in the upper circles of the SPFL would rather see the Rangers come back up .. Maybe a bit of paranoia on my part but who knows, the next few weeks till the window shuts will be interesting !

Hibs7
18-08-2014, 08:31 AM
I know we'd bring a few up from Lancashire, i'd buy a season ticket today if he signed. Its time the club acted first before i spend my money, not the other way around as has been the way in the past.

Purpose and leadership is what i have wanted to see from those at the top, this would be that in abundance.

Speculate to accumulate .... In this case I think it would work !!!

Lago
18-08-2014, 08:35 AM

Think your money is safe, little likely hood that he will be at ER.

Ronniekirk
18-08-2014, 08:38 AM
After yet another Derby defeat is there not a danger that the board will put out noises they are trying to do this knowing it's not going to happen and then we get the platitudes of well we tried ,which they think appeases the support.Maybe Leeann can be more persuasive than rod but I don't want to build my hopes up with this one Let Stubbs target someone and the board back him that is a realistic target and get them in Any loan deal for Griffiths will tie up the remaining budget and the danger is we put off another signing in hope we can bring in Griffiths but if doesn't materialise .
Yes would love it to happen and it would pay itself by adding to the gate and in that sense it's a no brainer as he would score for fun in this league but Lee has his career to think of and if he iceltic decide he is going on loan not sure they would see him going down a division as good step
If they genuinely don't want him and want to sell him on then sell him to us for for couple of hundred thousand with large sell on clause built in .
Lee could also say if you want me to go on loan it's Hibs or nothing but does he really want to get into all that again at this stage . One thing is for certain he won't be happy if he is only going to be a sub. And if he isn't happy that affects how he plays so not totally ruling it out

Heisenberg
18-08-2014, 08:42 AM
Still can't see it unfortunately.

MrSmith
18-08-2014, 08:59 AM

Exactly where I am!

Cameron1875
18-08-2014, 09:13 AM
Leigh Griffiths will never be good enough to play in the Champions League. A total fantasy if some people believe he could.

Brilliant SPL player though and we'd p*** the league if we brought him home.

If Cameron Jerome/another striker does sign for Celtic then I can't see Lawwell letting Leigh sit on the bench collecting a decent wage every week.

Elephant Stone
18-08-2014, 09:18 AM
Leigh Griffiths will never be good enough to play in the Champions League. A total fantasy if some people believe he could.

If Cameron Jerome/another striker does sign for Celtic then I can't see Lawwell letting Leigh sit on the bench collecting a decent wage every week.

He's only 23, unless he never improves I don't know how you can say something like that. No way has he peaked yet.

Ozyhibby
18-08-2014, 09:29 AM
If this deal is do able, and that's a big if, Hibs need to get it done. We can worry about how to pay for it once it's done. That may mean going to the fans but I'm sure we can contribute.
Just get it done Hibs.

Gatecrasher
18-08-2014, 09:33 AM
If this deal is do able, and that's a big if, Hibs need to get it done. We can worry about how to pay for it once it's done. That may mean going to the fans but I'm sure we can contribute.
Just get it done Hibs.

I agree, at the moment it looks like having Leigh up front or not will mean the difference between the club showing true ambition to get promoted first time of asking also if we have to pay some money to get back in the Premier League then so be it. We will probably make the money back quicker by being in the top league sooner. Of course none of the above is a sure thing but it could be the difference.

SaulGoodman
18-08-2014, 09:53 AM
:hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

Diclonius
18-08-2014, 09:55 AM
If Griffiths comes back we will win the league.

http://cdn.meme.li/instances/500x/49093221.jpg

S4uzee
18-08-2014, 09:58 AM
If Griffiths comes back we will win the league.

http://cdn.meme.li/instances/500x/49093221.jpg

What if he got injured?

Glorious St Pat
18-08-2014, 09:58 AM

Crops , Cav, etc ?

Wullie Sibbald - big Hibby. Spoke to my mate and he jokingly said he was waiting a phone call from Kano's consortium any minute !

Leithenhibby
18-08-2014, 10:10 AM
Wullie Sibbald - big Hibby. Spoke to my mate and he jokingly said he was waiting a phone call from Kano's consortium any minute !

All very quiet on that front :confused:

Turkish Green
18-08-2014, 10:11 AM
IS Darren Jackson still his agent? I wonder what he would advise: Family v Career?

Glorious St Pat
18-08-2014, 10:13 AM
All very quiet on that front :confused:

I thought they were going to announce their plans after the derby?

Thecat23
18-08-2014, 10:43 AM
After yet another Derby defeat is there not a danger that the board will put out noises they are trying to do this knowing it's not going to happen and then we get the platitudes of well we tried ,which they think appeases the support.Maybe Leeann can be more persuasive than rod but I don't want to build my hopes up with this one Let Stubbs target someone and the board back him that is a realistic target and get them in Any loan deal for Griffiths will tie up the remaining budget and the danger is we put off another signing in hope we can bring in Griffiths but if doesn't materialise .
Yes would love it to happen and it would pay itself by adding to the gate and in that sense it's a no brainer as he would score for fun in this league but Lee has his career to think of and if he iceltic decide he is going on loan not sure they would see him going down a division as good step
If they genuinely don't want him and want to sell him on then sell him to us for for couple of hundred thousand with large sell on clause built in .
Lee could also say if you want me to go on loan it's Hibs or nothing but does he really want to get into all that again at this stage . One thing is for certain he won't be happy if he is only going to be a sub. And if he isn't happy that affects how he plays so not totally ruling it out

I know what you mean, some fans don't trust the board and I don't blame them. But this is genuine. Like I say it's one thing going for him it's another actually getting him.

But talks will happen this week and Hibs should then know if they have a chance or not.

MrRobot
18-08-2014, 10:59 AM
I know what you mean, some fans don't trust the board and I don't blame them. But this is genuine. Like I say it's one thing going for him it's another actually getting him.

But talks will happen this week and Hibs should then know if they have a chance or not.

:hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper:

Callum_62
18-08-2014, 11:09 AM
GRIFFO, GRIFFO, GRIFFO

patch1875
18-08-2014, 11:21 AM
Don't see it happening but no way should the fans be funding it.

Weststandwanab
18-08-2014, 11:23 AM
I wouldn't have thought so.

It would not be.

Moan the Lawwell

Billy McKirdy
18-08-2014, 11:39 AM
Griffiths to sign today possibly (source: his cousin)

Alex Trager
18-08-2014, 11:45 AM

Haha 'possibly'

18-08-2014, 11:47 AM
Would be a mega boost in moral if he came back and would defo convinced some more folk to shell out for a ST. But like I said before, I feel this is just all wishful thinking from us just now unfortunately :/

Sammy7nil
18-08-2014, 11:47 AM

So Griffiths cousin is maybe going to sign today is he any good :greengrin:wink:

GGTTH07
18-08-2014, 11:48 AM
I'll be at ER to get a season ticket if he is unveiled.

NorthRoadHibee
18-08-2014, 11:49 AM
Leigh spotted in Balmoral with his agent. Source, facebook

Diclonius
18-08-2014, 11:50 AM
I've never put on a bet in my life (other than when I had "inside info" - thanks Mikey :wink:) but I'll go out and stick £20 on us to win the league if we sign Griffiths.

Elephant Stone
18-08-2014, 11:53 AM

Who on facebook?

Brightside
18-08-2014, 11:56 AM
So Griffiths cousin is maybe going to sign today is he any good :greengrin:wink:

Was he one of the guys getting stuck into the cider with Cairney outside Tescos yesterday? :greengrin

hibee92
18-08-2014, 11:56 AM

What's Facebook's first name?

18-08-2014, 11:57 AM
I think a move to hibs would be beneficial to all parties. Celtic could free up a big wage and I'm sure a lot of their fans wouldn't care if he left, we would get a quality player and Leigh could start playing regular football again instead of hanging around like a spare part at Celtic.

NorthRoadHibee
18-08-2014, 11:57 AM
Who on facebook?

that 'Bring Sparky Home' page

WeeRussell
18-08-2014, 12:01 PM
That's me now officially exicted!

Come on tae **** Jerome, sign that ****ing contract!!

I've now stepped onto the first notch of excitement levels, myself.

Would imagine the latest rumours will have either gathered some more strength or been completely dispelled by the time I leave my office. Either way - it'll help get through the afternoon.

Billy McKirdy
18-08-2014, 12:03 PM
Haha 'possibly'

His words not mine.
£4k a week apparently.

Alex Trager
18-08-2014, 12:03 PM
His words not mine.
£4k a week apparently.

Hopefully man. Would be dece

HibeeHendo
18-08-2014, 12:05 PM
His words not mine.
£4k a week apparently.

Could we even afford that?

cleanyman
18-08-2014, 12:07 PM
4k a week?

No chance Hibs could pay that.

18-08-2014, 12:08 PM
Where has the 4k a week figure come from?

Callum_62
18-08-2014, 12:11 PM
we pay $4K a week during his loan?

Im still not believing this will happen

CropleyWasGod
18-08-2014, 12:13 PM

Crops , Cav, etc ?

I'm not sure of the rules surrounding a player being paid directly by a 3rd party. Would have thought it a no-no.

However, a 3rd party donating money to the club, ring-fenced for a specific purpose, might work.

One thought, though..... if LG turns out to be crap, do the fans have the right to withhold his money? :cb

SanFranHibs
18-08-2014, 12:13 PM
Could we even afford that?

Can we afford not to?

Maybe wishful thinking but I am not against a bit of hope....come home Leigh.

:flag:

SteveHFC
18-08-2014, 12:14 PM

http://static.fjcdn.com/gifs/Reaction_3b29b2_262148.gif

mmmmhibby
18-08-2014, 12:15 PM

Me anaw.

Pretty Boy
18-08-2014, 12:17 PM
Just imagine Griffiths buzzing about just behind big Farid, picking up the little lay offs and flick ons, shooting from everywhere and anywhere, making runs into the channels to create space for Farid as well.

Seens too good to be true, probably is but got everything crossed just in case.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
18-08-2014, 12:27 PM
4k a week? Natta chance. I don't think any of our current players who are on permanent contracts earn that a week...

Col2
18-08-2014, 12:27 PM
Just imagine Griffiths buzzing about just behind big Farid, picking up the little lay offs and flick ons, shooting from everywhere and anywhere, making runs into the channels to create space for Farid as well.

If we had Sparky for a season and subject to injury, that partnership could get 40-50 goals. Strength, pace, mobility, creativity and goals goals goals.

I have a season ticket but i may even buy another and gift back to club for charity stuff they do. I would pee myself with excitement!!

SanFranHibs
18-08-2014, 12:28 PM

22 x 182 = 4004. Admittedly we should double it because we will still have to pay him for away games :greengrin

So only 364 extra people at home games will pay his wage. I know it's very basic accounting but surely it is possible. And if it's a loan no signing on fee.

Come home Leigh.

Hey, nothing wrong with the occasional bit of wishful thinking.

southern hibby
18-08-2014, 12:35 PM
If he comes, I guarantee £10 every week to Hibs towards his wages. Will pay into any account Hibs want me to or I will personally take the money to Easter Road every month.

If Hibs were to ask if fans are willing to help pay his wages I think they would get a very good response. Obviously not everyone can afford to help and that's fine but I for one can afford the £10 per week and am willing to pay it but as I've said numerous times on this site show me the quality and I'll show you the money. GGTTH

Paloschi
18-08-2014, 12:35 PM

Just imagine the havoc LG, Farid and Cummings would cause as a front 3! LG the talisman, Farid the focal point and Cummings the young, natural finisher! We'd win this thing! :agree:

Billy McKirdy
18-08-2014, 12:36 PM

£4k his wage at Celtic and we would pay a percentage of that?
Hope it comes off.

calumhibee1
18-08-2014, 12:38 PM
If he comes, I guarantee £10 every week to Hibs towards his wages. Will pay into any account Hibs want me to or I will personally take the money to Easter Road every month.

If Hibs were to ask if fans are willing to help pay his wages I think they would get a very good response. Obviously not everyone can afford to help and that's fine but I for one can afford the £10 per week and am willing to pay it but as I've said numerous times on this site show me the quality and I'll show you the money. GGTTH

Likewise. Although I don't think Hibs would come to the fans asking for the cash if it were to happen, they'll know they've overcharged us for the ST already.

RoscoHibby
18-08-2014, 12:40 PM
I ****in love super Leigh. Bring him home, just get it done.

Hermit Crab
18-08-2014, 12:40 PM
Hope it comes off.

He's on 10k a week.

gegs70
18-08-2014, 12:41 PM
Hope it comes off.

Doesn't seem a lot of money for Celtic wages?

Weststandwanab
18-08-2014, 12:42 PM
What's Facebook's first name?

Maybe it is Face and the surname book !

His words not mine.
£4k a week apparently.

Is that Cairney or the Cousin ?

I'm not sure of the rules surrounding a player being paid directly by a 3rd party. Would have thought it a no-no.

However, a 3rd party donating money to the club, ring-fenced for a specific purpose, might work.

One thought, though..... if LG turns out to be crap, do the fans have the right to withhold his money? :cb

Donating regularly as in Foundation of Hearts could be deemed not to be a donation and taxed as income.

4k a week? Natta chance. I don't think any of our current players who are on permanent contracts earn that a week...

A first time for everthing.

22 x 182 = 4004. Admittedly we should double it because we will still have to pay him for away games :greengrin

So only 364 extra people at home games will pay his wage. I know it's very basic accounting but surely it is possible. And if it's a loan no signing on fee.

Come home Leigh.

Hey, nothing wrong with the occasional bit of wishful thinking.

Basic that is as you have made the Jambo mistake of ignoring Value Added Tax.

GGTTH07
18-08-2014, 12:43 PM

None of them are near the quality of Griffiths aswell ;)

gegs70
18-08-2014, 12:45 PM
I just can't see this one happening but what benefit is there for Leigh sitting on the bench week in week out, his international ambitions will be lost?

Hibs07p
18-08-2014, 12:46 PM

What a lot of ****3, he's no signing untill his birthday on Wednesday.

Source: my wishful thinking.

GGTTH

Keith_M
18-08-2014, 12:46 PM
I'll donate the 4k per week if the Admins remove Weststandwanab's ability to do multi-quote posting.

Smartie
18-08-2014, 12:48 PM
I just can't see this one happening but what benefit is there for Leigh sitting on the bench week in week out, his international ambitions will be lost?

Whilst I'm sure he'd enjoy coming in, scoring bucketloads of goals and getting us promotion, I'm not sure a move to the Championship would do any more for his international ambitions than lurking in the reserves at Parkhead.

WhileTheChief..
18-08-2014, 12:53 PM
If he's on £10k pw at Celtic we should offer to pay half.

It's easily do-able.

If STF or RP want to see Hibs improve they have to make this happen. No half baked attempts or trying to save a few quid.

He will be here by the end of then month :)

Last Minute
18-08-2014, 12:55 PM
I'm in for £50 per month :agree:

gegs70
18-08-2014, 12:55 PM
Whilst I'm sure he'd enjoy coming in, scoring bucketloads of goals and getting us promotion, I'm not sure a move to the Championship would do any more for his international ambitions than lurking in the reserves at Parkhead.

You could say that the championship has more of a competitive edge than the one horse race in the Spl?

Hermit Crab
18-08-2014, 12:56 PM
If he's on £10k pw at Celtic we should offer to pay half.

It's easily do-able.

If STF or RP want to see Hibs improve they have to make this happen. No half baked attempts or trying to save a few quid.

He will be here by the end of then month :)

Well 4k a week would be 40%. That's enough. :greengrin

Springbank
18-08-2014, 12:58 PM
I'll donate the 4k per week if the Admins remove Weststandwanab's ability to do multi-quote posting.

I'll go £5k a week to keep the multi quote or we could split the difference and have week on week off (week on when it's home fixture week off when it's an away fixture)

CropleyWasGod
18-08-2014, 01:00 PM
Donating regularly as in Foundation of Hearts could be deemed not to be a donation and taxed as income.

It would be income, but we don't pay tax and won't for some time.

Smartie
18-08-2014, 01:06 PM
You could say that the championship has more of a competitive edge than the one horse race in the Spl?

A fair point and one I agree with. Countless national team managers would disagree though, given their reluctance to pick players when playing well for other SPFL clubs then immediately making them mainstays of the national team upon moving to the Old Firm.

HUTCHYHIBBY
18-08-2014, 01:06 PM

Nae wonder!

Billy McKirdy
18-08-2014, 01:08 PM
His cousin's not one for spouting off so that's why I believe there's definitely something in this but time will prove me right....or wrong.

Bronson
18-08-2014, 01:19 PM
People on here saying hibs can't afford his wages, and that's probably true right now. But I guarantee if he signs his wages will pay for themselves in the income he would bring in from STs and walk up fans paying at the gate. Not to mention the prize money for the league which we would most certainly win.

If hibs push the boat out to make this happen, it'll be the best decision they've ever made.

Jim44
18-08-2014, 01:21 PM
Did Deila not put the kibosh on this matter when he referred to Griffiths as the 'best shooter' and 'best finisher' he had ever seen and one who would not be leaving Celtic? Why is the rumour mill still grinding away on this issue?

S4uzee
18-08-2014, 01:21 PM
People on here saying hibs can't afford his wages, and that's probably true right now. But I guarantee if he signs his wages will pay for themselves in the income he would bring in from STs and walk up fans paying at the gate. Not to mention the prize money for the league which we would most certainly win.

If hibs push the boat out to make this happen, it'll be the best decision they've ever made.
Agree with what you say regarding income but are you honestly that certain we would definitely win the league if we signed Griffiths?

HappyAsHellas
18-08-2014, 01:25 PM
Did Deila not put the kibosh on this matter when he referred to Griffiths as the 'best shooter' and 'best finisher' he had ever seen and one who would not be leaving Celtic? Why is the rumour mill still grinding away on this issue?

Maybe because they're trying to sign Jerome for some obscure reason as they have more than enough strikers at present to walk the league again. Maybe after the LW hammering they want to be seen to be showing some intent.

Beefster
18-08-2014, 01:25 PM
If he hasn't signed by the end of today, there's a few posters on this thread getting their windows tanned in.

Gatecrasher
18-08-2014, 01:27 PM
If he hasn't signed by the end of today, there's a few posters on this thread gettign their windows tanned in.

:hilarious

MrRobot
18-08-2014, 01:29 PM
:hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper:: hyper::hyper::hyper:

Bronson
18-08-2014, 01:30 PM
Agree with what you say regarding income but are you honestly that certain we would definitely win the league if we signed Griffiths?

Yes, I'm absolutely convinced we'd win the league if we signed Griffiths.

silverhibee
18-08-2014, 01:45 PM
Hope it comes off.

Did he take a pay cut when he moved to celtc from Wolves, Griffiths is on more than 4k a week at celtc.

Haymaker
18-08-2014, 01:47 PM
Did he take a pay cut when he moved to celtc from Wolves, Griffiths is on more than 4k a week at celtc.

We'll be paying 4k of his wedge. :agree:

:hyper:

Billy McKirdy
18-08-2014, 01:47 PM

Just postulating lol that's the figure I was told today, that may very well be what Hibs are going to pay...

Billy McKirdy
18-08-2014, 01:49 PM
If he hasn't signed by the end of today, there's a few posters on this thread getting their windows tanned in.

I'm on the 14th floor :-)

The goalie
18-08-2014, 01:52 PM
Ok after days of this on here i thought i would call a close family member of Leighs that tipped me off when he came to us the first time.
So i asked if there was any truth in the rumour and their reply was no none at all.

Good enough for me.

MrRobot
18-08-2014, 01:52 PM

In which case you'll be getting pushed if this isn't true.

:greengrin

SteveHFC
18-08-2014, 01:53 PM
In which case you'll be getting pushed if this isn't true.

Ozyhibby
18-08-2014, 01:54 PM
Ok after days of this on here i thought i would call a close family member of Leighs that tipped me off when he came to us the first time.
So i asked if there was any truth in the rumour and their reply was no none at all.

Good enough for me.

So it's not £4k a week?
Don't suppose it matters now he's coming home.

marti1875
18-08-2014, 02:01 PM
So...as it stands we have 1 person who has allegedly spoke to a relative of Leighs and confirms that he could very well be coming.
Now we have another person who has spoken to family/relatives of Leigh who says it's not true...

It's like a comedy/circus :greengrin

At least one has to be correct so i can confirm now...he's either coming....or he's not! Hope that's that all clear now. :greengrin

MrRobot
18-08-2014, 02:01 PM

Good enough for me.

Was it by any chance the uncle he owed money to who probably doesn't like him now. I read that as BS then. Leigh's coming home.

:hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper:: hyper:

SteveHFC
18-08-2014, 02:02 PM
So...as it stands we have 1 person who has allegedly spoke to a relative of Leighs and confirms that he could very well be coming.
Now we have another person who has spoken to family/relatives of Leigh who says it's not true...

At least one has to be correct so i can confirm now...he's either coming....or he's not! Hope that's that all clear now. :greengrin

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mcsg3oi6lr1ql07zs.gif

18-08-2014, 02:07 PM
Come on hibs get a deal done. Show us you mean business and give us something to finally get excited about!

SanFranHibs
18-08-2014, 02:08 PM

LG needs to have a word with his family! :greengrin

Hermit Crab
18-08-2014, 02:10 PM
Everyone get emailing Dempster to get a deal done. :greengrin

Viva_Palmeiras
18-08-2014, 02:10 PM

Good enough for me.

You're a bad man whoever you are... ;)

1875STEVE
18-08-2014, 02:13 PM

Id buy two.

Me and the wee man, and my dad swore the other day if we sign him he would get one too.

marti1875
18-08-2014, 02:13 PM
LG needs to have a word with his family! :greengrin

:agree: All i would say is that clearly there are big porkies being told by someone somewhere in all of this, that's the only thing that IS clear...as the rest is about as clear as mud!! :greengrin

Northern Hibby
18-08-2014, 02:17 PM
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mcsg3oi6lr1ql07zs.gif

:aok: my feelings summed up exactly :aok:

Danderhall Hibs
18-08-2014, 02:20 PM

It used to be Kenny Miller coming back rumours you posted about, wasn't it?

silverhibee
18-08-2014, 02:21 PM
Come on hibs get a deal done. Show us you mean business and give us something to finally get excited about!

I must have missed when celtc put him up for sale. :greengrin

Albanian Hibs
18-08-2014, 02:28 PM

I was just thinking about that too.

Boyle89
18-08-2014, 02:31 PM

Tbf all he said was KM would've played had he been approached which he wasn't...

silverhibee
18-08-2014, 02:39 PM
Has he left the Balmoral yet.

And anyone know who he was meeting with his agent.

Thecat23
18-08-2014, 02:49 PM

Yep, but I've not said Leigh is coming back. I've said Hibs are approaching Celtic this week to try sort a deal.

You don't need to believe it though.

Thecat23
18-08-2014, 02:50 PM
I was just thinking about that too.

Again I've not said Leigh is coming!! Please read the posts I've put up.

silverhibee
18-08-2014, 02:51 PM
What the f did i miss. :greengrin

NadeAteMyLunch!
18-08-2014, 02:53 PM
Where have all the posts gone?lol Leave a room for 5 minutes...

MrSmith
18-08-2014, 02:54 PM
Geezo!

Theinsider
18-08-2014, 02:54 PM

Was thinking the exact same!!:greengrin

HNA4
18-08-2014, 02:56 PM

Someone trying to be funny. It wasn't funny.

Billy McKirdy
18-08-2014, 03:12 PM

Stand by what I was told if that helps :-D

silverhibee
18-08-2014, 03:17 PM
Someone trying to be funny. It wasn't funny.

PM will do. :thumbsup:

Gordy M
18-08-2014, 03:20 PM
PM will do. :thumbsup:
Someone posted an old article saying that leigh had signed on loan.....from 2011.

Hermit Crab
18-08-2014, 03:24 PM
Someone posted an old article saying that leigh had signed on loan.....from 2011.

:tee hee:

silverhibee
18-08-2014, 03:27 PM

Nasty person. :tee hee:

Greenworld
18-08-2014, 03:29 PM
Nasty person. :tee hee:
LEAVING BALMORAL NOW:rolleyes:

S4uzee
18-08-2014, 03:32 PM
Deals off cause he asked for hair gel this time and Petrie said no

Greenworld
18-08-2014, 03:36 PM
deals off cause he asked for hair gel this time and petrie said no
awe ffs petrie tight get

silverhibee
18-08-2014, 03:37 PM
leaving balmoral now:rolleyes:

okay.

Did he get the bus.

MrRobot
18-08-2014, 03:38 PM
okay.

Did he get the bus.

He had a micro scooter with him.

Bostonhibby
18-08-2014, 03:42 PM

Hearing un-named .net representatives made an official approach to the Fishman for proper inside info but he declined to comment until Friday because he doesn't deliver fish til Friday. Don't know what to make of this TBH.

Greenworld
18-08-2014, 03:42 PM
okay.

Did he get the bus.

NAW I MEANT ME WENT IN FOR DRINK SAW NOTHING SO LEFT :cb

silverhibee
18-08-2014, 03:48 PM
Hearing un-named .net representatives made an official approach to the Fishman for proper inside info but he declined to comment until Friday because he doesn't deliver fish til Friday. Don't know what to make of this TBH.

The fish will get delivered on Friday. :dunno:

Nobody ever gets fish on a Monday.

silverhibee
18-08-2014, 03:51 PM

SEND SPARKY THE BILL, GOOD WORK GREENWORLD, KIND OF INFO WE NEED, KEEP IT UP. :thumbsup:

Dave-O
18-08-2014, 03:54 PM

Did u check the bogs...:cb

silverhibee
18-08-2014, 03:54 PM
GRIFFITHS SPOTTED IN HELICOPTER FLYING OVER THE CAPITAL A MINUTE A GO.

SEEN IT MYSELF.

:hyper::hyper::hyper:

The_Exile
18-08-2014, 03:57 PM
Sparky to be unveiled on the website at half 5, yaaaaaassss, not sure which day at half 5 though :flag:

Theinsider
18-08-2014, 04:00 PM
Sparky to be unveiled on the website at half 5, yaaaaaassss, not sure which day at half 5 though :flag:

You sure of the year??:rolleyes:

SteveHFC
18-08-2014, 04:00 PM

Stop doing this man :(

Greenworld
18-08-2014, 04:05 PM
Did u check the bogs...:cb
Only had one pint didnae need ;)

Bostonhibby
18-08-2014, 04:10 PM
The fish will get delivered on Friday. :dunno:

Nobody ever gets fish on a Monday.

Religious thing Silver, you must know the song?

Fish on a friday, we get our fish on a Friday. Personally I blame Petrie. Then again I was in a sunny pub garden when I posted last and now its bloody torrential and that was Petrie as well.

Hibs07p
18-08-2014, 04:11 PM
Balmoral management giving out pregnancy testing kits to all current female residents.

GGTTH

Dave-O
18-08-2014, 04:12 PM
Balmoral management giving out pregnancy testing kits to all current female residents.

GGTTH

Waste of time, it's the morning after pill they need now. :wink:

Hibstrooper
18-08-2014, 04:28 PM
If he did sign, where would he fit in Stubbs' 4231 system?

He isn't as effective out wide, not sure he has the work rate or style to play in the hole and isn't as good a target man as Farid.

Does that mean we'd have to change our whole system that we've been working on all pre-season and potentially the style of football that goes with that to accommodate him?

Theinsider
18-08-2014, 04:29 PM

He isn't as effective out wide, not sure he has the work rate or style to play in the hole and isn't as good a target man as Farid.

Does that mean we'd have to change our whole system that we've been working on all pre-season and potentially the style of football that goes with that to accommodate him?

Think we would revert to a 4-4-2

Ox

Gray
Forster
Hanlon
Lewis

Harris
Allen
Craig
Kennedy

Sparky
Al

Smartie
18-08-2014, 04:34 PM
I thought that Leigh, Jocky Scott and Jocky's cat only ever travelled by jetpack?

Keith_M
18-08-2014, 04:35 PM

"...of a Tower Block,
and when I get bored,
I call coo-ee to the passers-by,
and when they look up,
I Gob in their eye!"

Billy McKirdy
18-08-2014, 04:38 PM
"...of a Tower Block,
and when I get bored,
I call coo-ee to the passers-by,
and when they look up,
I Gob in their eye!"

It's the 'Niddrie Way' ;-)

Keith_M
18-08-2014, 04:39 PM

It's the 'Not the Nine O'Clock News Niddrie Way'.

silverhibee
18-08-2014, 04:42 PM

Terrors

Deansy
18-08-2014, 04:43 PM
Makes good sense - on one hand fans are desparate for Leigh to come back, and on the other, a board desparate for increase in season-ticket sales (which, imho, would break records if he did !) - plus a certain board-member desparate to stop a campaign to get shot of him ??

Franck Stanton
18-08-2014, 04:54 PM
Cannae be happening, it's now past 5.30 p.m. and no announcement

Hermit Crab
18-08-2014, 04:58 PM

Its only monday. :wink:

Kato
Terrors

You better believe it.

HibeeHendo

He didn't know which day it was....

Nutmegged
He'll score for Celtic in Maribor on Wednesday

Kato
18-08-2014, 05:01 PM

...and get her pregnant too, the Slovenian CSA will be all over him.

Keith_M
18-08-2014, 05:01 PM
Makes good sense - on one hand fans are desparate for Leigh to come back, and on the other, a board desparate for increase in season-ticket sales (which, imho, would break records if he did !) - plus a certain board-member desparate to stop a campaign to get shot of him ??

It might make good sense to us but it's not the Hibs Way. Doing so will be considered an act of Speculate To Accumulate.

Fans: Sign Griffiths (even on loan) with money we do not yet have and the money will be more than made up for by increased Gate Money and Promotion.

Hibs: Buy another 3,000 Season Tickets first and then we'll think about it.

Fans: Sign Griffiths and we'll buy the extra Season Tickets.

...ad infinitum....

emerald green
18-08-2014, 05:05 PM
It might make good sense to us but it's not the Hibs Way. Doing so will be considered an act of Speculate To Accumulate.

Fans: Sign Griffiths (even on loan) with money we do not yet have and the money will be more than made up for by increased Gate Money and Promotion.

...ad infinitum....

I wonder what LD's thoughts on the above would be?

Bleeds green
18-08-2014, 05:06 PM

Change system to be guaranteed a 20-30 goals from one player I'd take that

Beefster
18-08-2014, 05:06 PM
Certain windows should be very nervous...

NadeAteMyLunch!
18-08-2014, 05:08 PM
Waste of time, it's the morning after pill they need now. :wink:

Pointless. He's too potent to be stopped by a little pill.
He's got Tian Tian preggers just by watching Panda cam on his iPad

J-C
18-08-2014, 05:09 PM
Would he not try 3-5-2 he's played a few times or even a 4-3-3

Nutmegged
18-08-2014, 05:09 PM
...and get her pregnant too, the Slovenian CSA will be all over him.

Lets be honest, we'd all be disappointed if he didn't :greengrin

silverhibee
18-08-2014, 05:56 PM
You were warned.

http://metrouk2.files.wordpress.com/2009/03/goodwinhousepa_450x300.jpg

Fergus52
18-08-2014, 05:57 PM

we played 4-4-2 against livingstone.

From what i've seen it looks like stubbs wants the team to be competent playing 4-4-2, 4-2-3-1 and 3-5-2

Hermit Crab
18-08-2014, 06:00 PM

No he won't. He's not travelled. :greengrin

DH1875
18-08-2014, 06:02 PM

For sure?

HibeeHendo
18-08-2014, 06:17 PM

If he hasn't, he's definitely going somewhere. I just hope it's here.

silverhibee
18-08-2014, 06:22 PM
Flight is tomorrow morning.

Glazers will be busy all day and night.

Hermit Crab
18-08-2014, 06:23 PM

Haymaker
18-08-2014, 06:25 PM

Still time Silver! :hyper:

Franck Stanton
18-08-2014, 06:33 PM

Oops, - silly me, forgot it was always a Tuesday for good news.

#2 Double Tap
18-08-2014, 06:42 PM
Hey Griffiths

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPVRzKCWlGI

Weststandwanab
18-08-2014, 07:02 PM

Which bored member is that ?

I don't like Mondays

...ad infinitum....

A bit harsh on us bean counters

I wonder what LD's thoughts on the above would be?

French Connection (U.K.) the bean counters

Pointless. He's too potent to be stopped by a little pill.
He's got Tian Tian preggers just by watching Panda cam on his iPad

That is a seriously sick post on so many levels - have you tried sickback ?

we played 4-4-2 against livingstone.

From what i've seen it looks like stubbs wants the team to be competent playing 4-4-2, 4-2-3-1 and 3-5-2

Don't we all ?

Hey Griffiths

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPVRzKCWlGI

Utterly brilliant

flash
18-08-2014, 07:45 PM
People just make things up and before you know it there is a queue forming for private messages.
Don't know who is worse. The desperate self publicists who invent these things or the gullible saps who fall for it every time.

AgentDaleCooper
18-08-2014, 07:48 PM
People just make things up and before you know it there is a queue forming for private messages.
Don't know who is worse. The desperate self publicists who invent these things or the gullible saps who fall for it every time.

so is the deal off? PM plz

Danderhall Hibs
18-08-2014, 08:30 PM

PM please mate?

HibeeHendo
18-08-2014, 08:34 PM

PM too please?

flash
18-08-2014, 08:35 PM
PM too please?

Happy to put it up here.

He's not coming.

erin go bragh
18-08-2014, 08:38 PM
Why you happy 8(

Ggtth

Glorious St Pat
18-08-2014, 08:38 PM
Happy to put it up here.

He's not coming.

Source?

How are you so sure?

flash
18-08-2014, 08:40 PM
Source?

How are you so sure?

Why would I need a source? I don't need anyone to tell me tomorrow is Tuesday either.

My_Wife_Camille
18-08-2014, 08:42 PM
Why would I need a source? I don't need anyone to tell me tomorrow is Tuesday either.
I'll have a pm too please

flash
18-08-2014, 08:42 PM
I'll have a pm too please

Ooh ma sides.

Glorious St Pat
18-08-2014, 08:44 PM

So other than gut feeling, nothing to go on. Others, myself included, have had some solid tip offs from reliable people that work in the business. Like everyone here we're merely hoping everything works out.

Hermit Crab
18-08-2014, 08:45 PM
It might happen. This week could be interesting you never know.

flash
18-08-2014, 08:46 PM
So other than gut feeling, nothing to go on. Others, myself included, have had some solid tip offs from reliable people that work in the business. Like everyone here we're merely hoping everything works out.

I would be delighted to be wrong but i simply don't believe you.

Mr White
18-08-2014, 08:48 PM

Tomorrow is wednesday in oz and nz mate. Maybe you need a source after all :greengrin

Billy Whizz
18-08-2014, 08:49 PM
It might happen. This week could be interesting you never know.

I would have thought if anything happens or would be after Celtic have played in Europe, but hey I would love to be wrong.
Get him in for Saturday and add just a few to the gate

Danderhall Hibs
18-08-2014, 08:53 PM
Interesting PM Flash - thanks.

I think you're probably right.

flash
18-08-2014, 09:00 PM
Interesting PM Flash - thanks.

I think you're probably right.

Happy to share with punters with a high post count.

AgentDaleCooper
18-08-2014, 09:02 PM
just finished reading a thoroughly interesting PM from Glorious St Pat, sounds like the deal's back on -flash, your next PM will have to be very well reasoned to convince me that our optimism is misplaced. highly recommend people ask for PMs, no way this explosive information can be let loose on here! :cb:aok:

Haymaker
18-08-2014, 09:03 PM
I always enjoy a PM. :agree:

Danderhall Hibs
18-08-2014, 09:04 PM

Is that some kind of sexual reference? I'm a bit earlier in the alphabet.

AgentDaleCooper
18-08-2014, 09:05 PM
Is that some kind of sexual reference?

you have a PM

Danderhall Hibs
18-08-2014, 09:06 PM
you have a PM

Cheers mate - interesting. We'll soon see if you're right.

Haymaker
18-08-2014, 09:06 PM

:lips seal

GoldenEagle
18-08-2014, 09:07 PM
Any chance of sharing via PM..

silverhibee
18-08-2014, 09:07 PM

High post count here Flash, PM would be great.

J-C
18-08-2014, 09:08 PM

pm then plz

flash
18-08-2014, 09:08 PM
just finished reading a thoroughly interesting PM from Glorious St Pat, sounds like the deal's back on -flash, your next PM will have to be very well reasoned to convince me that our optimism is misplaced. highly recommend people ask for PMs, no way this explosive information can be let loose on here! :cb:aok:

Get yourself up to 4000 posts and I will think about it.

AgentDaleCooper
18-08-2014, 09:09 PM
Get yourself up to 4000 posts and I will think about it.

please. i'll buy you a puppy.

Mikeystewart
PM please :flag:

Danderhall Hibs
I'll pass the PM onto anyone with 10000+ posts and with the letter x in their username.

matty_f

Alphabet? I'm still on numbers!

SaulGoodman
18-08-2014, 09:10 PM
I'll PM someone?

No info I'm just lonely.

matty_f
18-08-2014, 09:10 PM
I'll pass the PM onto anyone with 10000+ posts and with the letter x in their username.

I'm up early, can I get an AM please?

Danderhall Hibs
18-08-2014, 09:11 PM
I'm up early, can I get an AM please?

Better asking your missus mate.

flash
18-08-2014, 09:11 PM
please. i'll buy you a puppy.

Not sure whether to take up your offer or report it to the authorities.

matty_f
18-08-2014, 09:12 PM
Better asking your missus mate.

I'm worried that if I ask her about Griffiths she'll end up pregnant to him. He's that potent.

AgentDaleCooper
18-08-2014, 09:13 PM
Not sure whether to take up your offer or report it to the authorities.

the puppy magistrate? :paranoid:

matty_f
18-08-2014, 09:14 PM
the puppy magistrate? :paranoid:

Deputy Dawg. :agree:

ALF TUPPER
18-08-2014, 09:15 PM

mine high enough ?? :greengrin

woody47

Hope my count is high enough for sharing :)

Haymaker

Mine is over 4k....

Danderhall Hibs
18-08-2014, 09:16 PM
Hope my count is high enough for sharing :)

Depends on what you're sharing?

AgentDaleCooper
18-08-2014, 09:16 PM
Depends on what you're sharing?

could i at least get a PM with no info in it?

Danderhall Hibs
18-08-2014, 09:18 PM
could i at least get a PM with no info in it?

PM sent.

Bleeds green
Enough of the pm pish

ALF TUPPER
Bairns at Easter Road on Saturday

Sparky !!!! ................................:grr:

Hermit Crab
18-08-2014, 09:20 PM

I enjoy a PM membership even more. :agree:

Glorious St Pat
18-08-2014, 09:20 PM

Did I PM you?

Cannae recall?

leither17
18-08-2014, 09:22 PM
I'm feeling left out ill have a pm please

Hermit Crab
18-08-2014, 09:23 PM
This thread is a disaster area. Either believe Griffiths may come or don't believe it. But don't moan about people that choose to get excited about it.

SteveHFC
18-08-2014, 09:27 PM
I enjoy a PM membership even more. :agree:

As do i :agree:

blackpoolhibs
18-08-2014, 09:30 PM
pm please. :thumbsup:

snooky
18-08-2014, 09:30 PM
There's one hellava lot of Lillian Gish on this thread. :greengrin

bigwheel
18-08-2014, 09:35 PM