PDA

View Full Version : Stevie May

HibeeHutch
06-08-2014, 11:33 PM
Just heard Sheff Wed and Rotherham are fighting it out for his signature. I'm surprised other clubs, including us, didn't place a bid.

Is he beyond our budget?

Ronniekirk
06-08-2014, 11:38 PM
Just heard Sheff Wed and Rotherham are fighting it out for his signature. I'm surprised other clubs, including us, didn't place a bid.

Is he beyond our budget?
At £800 ,000 I think he probably is and other teams may join in If Celtic got over a Million for Tony Watt May must be worth more .

Heisenberg
06-08-2014, 11:40 PM
Seriously?

Sir David Gray
06-08-2014, 11:42 PM
He is well beyond our reach now.

Maybe 12 months ago we may have been able to get him but not now, considering the amount of goals he scored last season and the fact that we've just been relegated.

southsider
07-08-2014, 03:03 AM
If we had that type of money we would be better bginging back Leigh. But we dont, we a very heavily in debt which the forthcoming accounts will show.

bigwheel
07-08-2014, 06:32 AM

Is he beyond our budget?

The fact that we have never spent more that 250k max on a player for over 10 years, constantly lose out to most teams on wages, and have just been relegated therefore further reducing our budget ....what do you think ?? :)

PeterboroHibee
07-08-2014, 07:04 AM

Is he beyond our budget?

Even if we somehow could afford him, why would he join us? It would be a daft move for him.

I do agree that its surprising other clubs arent interested in him though. Hes 21, scored 25 goals last season and the figures being talked about are less than £1 million? That seems like a no brainer to top end Championship clubs, and even some of the smaller Premiership clubs could take him as a squad player.

Stevie Reid
07-08-2014, 08:28 AM
Don't really see where the surprise comes from - in the context of other young Scottish players who have gone down South and made no impression (with Goodwillie being the latest) I'm not surprised that people aren't fighting for his signature, as good a player as he looks.