PDA

View Full Version : Greggs Harris

hibees 7062
06-08-2014, 09:26 PM
Heard Hibs have been asked if he's for sale , source the guy that told me about Koeman and Southampton

Hibeesmad
06-08-2014, 09:28 PM
Would definitely be the wrong decision to get rid of him just now and I think Stubbs knows that

Hibbyradge
06-08-2014, 09:32 PM
That would be a stupid question to ask.

They're all for sale.

hibees 7062
06-08-2014, 09:33 PM
Would definitely be the wrong decision to get rid of him just now and I think Stubbs knows that

Exactly looked good last night

J-C
06-08-2014, 09:35 PM
If Dundee U can get the sort of money for their top youngsters then if the price is right it will help our cause more to have money in the bank and a chance to strengthen with it.

HibeeHendo
What price would people be willing to let him go for?

emerald green
Hope Hibs have Harris on a long term contract.

Another example of rich English clubs (possibly) hovering up all the best talent here. Southampton have sold half their squad recently for megabucks, so quote them say £2million and see where that goes. :greengrin

Just think of the players we could bring into the club with that sort of money. If only!

J-C
06-08-2014, 09:37 PM
I'd start the bidding at £1m

West hamBERNIAN
06-08-2014, 09:38 PM
Hope Hibs have Harris on a long term contract.

Another example of rich English clubs (possibly) hovering up all the best talent here. Southampton have sold half their squad recently for megabucks, so quote them say £2million and see where that goes. :greengrin

Just think of the players we could bring into the club with that sort of money. If only!

A big sell on percentage on top of that.

Hibeesmad
06-08-2014, 09:41 PM
If Andrew Robertson goes for £1.75 million and Ryan Gauld goes for over £3 million then I don't see why we can't get at least £1 million if he has a stormer this season.

But regardless of that, I don't want us selling our best players to anyone, especially the young ones who could take this club to great places in the future

Haymaker
06-08-2014, 09:42 PM
£2m and 25%.

Signed a long term contract iirc.

J-C
06-08-2014, 09:44 PM
We could sell and have him back on loan for the rest of the season, that'll work out well.

Gerard
06-08-2014, 09:47 PM
If we get the right price then it is up to the player if he wants to go to that club.

HibeeHendo
06-08-2014, 09:49 PM
I hope he's learned from Scott Allan's premature move down south and stays put.

Billy Whizz
06-08-2014, 09:56 PM
I hope he's learned from Scott Allan's premature move down south and stays put.

Exactly, he's not ready yet

Michael
06-08-2014, 09:58 PM
I think we'd accept a few hundred thousand. 300k would be an okay price and 400k or 500k would be decent (if slightly unrealistic). Of course, I'm intrigued to see how he would do this season with us. But, I think we'd accept that kind of money for anyone in this team given our current position.

lucky
06-08-2014, 10:03 PM
After his performances at the end of last season I doubt we would get £50k for him. He may develop into a player but not yet

1two
06-08-2014, 10:09 PM
Exactly looked good last night

I didn't think he did tbh

Still backed out of 50/50s, even the ones that didn't look overly physical.
Could also do with a few weight sessions IMO

The_Horde
06-08-2014, 10:32 PM
Is it Southampton who are in for him?

wookie70
06-08-2014, 11:01 PM
Ask for an unreasonable amount and you never know. The Leeds chairman said he didn't want to sell Ross McCormack so asked £10 million. Fulham were happy to pay it so you never know.

lord bunberry
06-08-2014, 11:03 PM
I would rather we hold on to all our young stars, but people are in dreamland if they think we'd get anywhere near £1m for him.

Ronniekirk
06-08-2014, 11:34 PM
Exactly billy and he is a Hibee to boot so won't be in any hurray to leave Any player attracting interest now will command a bigger Transfer Fee at end of a Season as Stubbs gets the best out of them Lee Ann will know that and advise the Board accordingly .If Rodders was still I. Charge wouldn't have the same faith .
however the longer T B etc stay on Gardening leave the more we may have to weed him out with a pay off and someone may have to be sold to help finance that but hope that doesn't need to happen

Unseen work
07-08-2014, 01:10 AM
I genuinely don't think he would leave, he knows how poor he was last season and how much his confidence dipped and I think now he is noticing the difference of having freedom and a manager that has confidence in him and will actually develop him as a player here

Auckland Hibs
07-08-2014, 02:20 AM
I'd sell him if the right offer was made - 1m + 20% of any sell on fee.

Invest 700k in bring LG back to ER and the remainder spent on softening the financial blow for this season.

:agree:

MWHIBBIES
07-08-2014, 03:31 AM
I'd sell him if the right offer was made - 1m + 20% of any sell on fee.

Invest 700k in bring LG back to ER and the remainder spent on softening the financial blow for this season.

:agree::faf:

gegs70
07-08-2014, 03:59 AM
He's not worth anywhere near £1million...I think we need to hold onto him a little longer

Springbank
07-08-2014, 05:04 AM
We could sell and have him back on loan for the rest of the season, that'll work out well.

And buy Griffiths with the readies

Aldo
07-08-2014, 06:10 AM
I think we'd accept a few hundred thousand. 300k would be an okay price and 400k or 500k would be decent (if slightly unrealistic). Of course, I'm intrigued to see how he would do this season with us. But, I think we'd accept that kind of money for anyone in this team given our current position.

He signed a long term contract with us. We saw glimpses of his abilities on Tuesday nite. It's now up to him to improve and become more consistent(which I'm sure he will).

There is no way we would sell him for the amount you are stating.

What is our current position??? 2nd tier of Scottish football. No sure what you mean by this.

LD has stated that our aim is to win the league we need our best young players.

We will see more of Boozy this season and a more direct consistent one.

The Hibee Harp
07-08-2014, 07:35 AM

This.

Anyone who thinks Harris would command a fee of £1m or over is being unrealistic. Coming him to Ryan Gauld or Andrew Robertson IMO does him no favours as these guys have proven themselves time and again at SPL level whilst Alex, has only shown in small patches.

Thankfully under Alan Stubbs, Harris appears to be getting back to the player we all thought he was when he broke through into the first team and a realistic price should he be sold on now would be £100k-£250k with a sell-on clause.

RIP
07-08-2014, 07:35 AM
No player sold in the last ten years has been adequately replaced.

Mind you our finances are shaky so never say never

Hibby 2005
07-08-2014, 10:25 AM
Harris is one of the few sellable players we have at the moment so any serious bid would probably be considered.

Hibby Gav
07-08-2014, 10:32 AM
Harris is one of the few sellable players we have at the moment so any serious bid would probably be considered.

Normally I would agree...but if Stubbs fancies him..he'll stay....there were bids for Cummings but they got knocked back.
ggtth

Diclonius
07-08-2014, 10:34 AM
Does anyone seriously think any money we get from Harris would be invested in an as-good replacement?

It doesn't matter if he's a "sellable asset", we will get more out of him from keeping him than selling him off the minute a semi-decent offer comes in. That financial policy got us relegated.

We should only sell if the player makes it clear he no longer wants to stay at the club.

Hibby 2005
07-08-2014, 10:41 AM
Normally I would agree...but if Stubbs fancies him..he'll stay....there were bids for Cummings but they got knocked back.
ggtth

The bids for Cummings were low by all accounts. It'd be nice to think Stubbs would have the final say but I doubt he would if a very attractive bid came in.

Elephant Stone
07-08-2014, 10:45 AM
Does anyone seriously think any money we get from Harris would be invested in an as-good replacement?

It doesn't matter if he's a "sellable asset", we will get more out of him from keeping him than selling him off the minute a semi-decent offer comes in. That financial policy got us relegated.

We should only sell if the player makes it clear he no longer wants to stay at the club.

Selling players for semi-decent offers got us relegated? When did we last do that? We got good money for the players we sold and couldn't offer them the wages they'd get elsewhere. This was also about 7 years ago, you're saying this got us relegated?

Hibby Gav
07-08-2014, 10:48 AM
The bids for Cummings were low by all accounts. It'd be nice to think Stubbs would have the final say but I doubt he would if a very attractive bid came in.

point taken mate...

jdships
07-08-2014, 10:53 AM

There's a big difference to " strutting your stuff" in Scottish football and making it top two divisions in England.
We have a friend hose laddie went from a lower SPL team to a Championship side about four years ago , age 22, and is now playing in
" Conference South " part time while driving a cab .

Admits he wasn't ready for it football experience wise but enjoyed the experience !! ( and found a good looking wife !!!):greengrin

MrSmith
07-08-2014, 10:57 AM
This is why we're in this mess cos we sold our best youngsters! Time to build a team and hold onto our boys!!

Iceman1875
07-08-2014, 11:03 AM
Where has the come from? Transfer gossip again? IMO he won't be going anywhere, becauses there's no interest, for now.

Diclonius
07-08-2014, 11:08 AM
Selling players for semi-decent offers got us relegated? When did we last do that? We got good money for the players we sold and couldn't offer them the wages they'd get elsewhere. This was also about 7 years ago, you're saying this got us relegated?

We did get decent amounts for some of our players, but they were never adequately replaced and some of our later deals reeked of Petrie taking as much money as he could with little regard to the consequences. Selling Bamba hours before an Edinburgh derby comes to mind.

Keith_M
07-08-2014, 11:11 AM
If Dundee U can get the sort of money for their top youngsters then if the price is right it will help our cause more to have money in the bank and a chance to strengthen with it.

We can't seem to find players of the quality Stubbs wants at the moment so I'd much rather hang on to him than weaken the squad even further.

Brightside
07-08-2014, 11:41 AM

Thats wrong. WE would not accept a few hundred thousand for any of your first team young players.

JimBHibees
07-08-2014, 11:43 AM
Thats wrong. WE would not accept a few hundred thousand for any of your first team young players.

Agree no reason to sell if someone comes in with silly money fair enough however cant see it happening.

The_Exile
07-08-2014, 11:44 AM
Swap Harris for Griffiths, this is easy! :greengrin

TheFamous1875
07-08-2014, 05:21 PM
No player sold in the last ten years has been adequately replaced.

Mind you our finances are shaky so never say never

Only ones I can think of are Riordan-Benji*, O'Connor-Killen* and Fletcher-Stokes.

*yes, both were brought in whilst the two homegrowns were still here, but you couldn't help but think it was in expectation of the lads' imminent departures.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

tamig
07-08-2014, 07:59 PM
Alex Harris will be a big player for us this season. He shouldn't be sold unless we get a crazy bid for him. I'm surprised that some on this thread reckon we'd be worthwhile selling him for a few hundred grand. What price promotion?

hibees 7062
07-08-2014, 09:27 PM
Where has the come from? Transfer gossip again? IMO he won't be going anywhere, becauses there's no interest, for now.

Well that's that then nothing to worry about :rolleyes:

SunshineOnLeith
07-08-2014, 09:56 PM
It wouldn't make sense to sell him at the moment because his value will be quite low, he's on a long contract, and if he's a key player in us going back up then his value will increase exponentially.

hibees 7062
08-08-2014, 06:44 PM
Heard Hibs have been asked if he's for sale , source the guy that told me about Koeman and Southampton

It was West Brom

hibees 7062
16-08-2014, 09:15 PM
It was West Brom

Scout at game tomorrow

truehibernian
16-08-2014, 09:18 PM
Scout at game tomorrow

Wouldn't fret, Alex is not leaving Hibs, not what I'm hearing :aok:

hibees 7062
16-08-2014, 09:25 PM
Wouldn't fret, Alex is not leaving Hibs, not what I'm hearing :aok:

:aok:

Pray4Marc
16-08-2014, 09:27 PM
I would punt him if the offer is near 1million

Hermit Crab
16-08-2014, 09:36 PM

:faf: Not a chance.

mca
16-08-2014, 09:47 PM

:faf: Not a chance.

Why Not.. ???

The Clubs down south pay more for teenagers !!!

With some on 5k a week... its not right - but we cant compete . sadly..

truehibernian
16-08-2014, 09:53 PM

Glad you are not in charge of negotiations then - he's better than Gauld, simple as. More grace about his play, more pace, needs confidence boost which he is getting. If he left for that amount Hibs would have been literally robbed.

hibees 7062
16-08-2014, 10:05 PM
Glad you are not in charge of negotiations then - he's better than Gauld, simple as. More grace about his play, more pace, needs confidence boost which he is getting. If he left for that amount Hibs would have been literally robbed.

hibee92
16-08-2014, 10:18 PM

Not even close

frazeHFC
16-08-2014, 10:21 PM

Couldn't disagree more. I like Harris but Gauld is a class above.

truehibernian
16-08-2014, 10:26 PM
Couldn't disagree more. I like Harris but Gauld is a class above.

Give it a year then get back to me - I watched both, Gauld is good, totally different player - but Alex has grace and something not many Scottish players have. Given the right coaching and crucially confidence, Alex is very like Laudrup. He is that good in my opinion. His pace is effortless. He just needs that vital injection of belief. He is better than Gauld :agree:

hibees 7062
16-08-2014, 10:37 PM
Give it a year then get back to me - I watched both, Gauld is good, totally different player - but Alex has grace and something not many Scottish players have. Given the right coaching and crucially confidence, Alex is very like Laudrup. He is that good in my opinion. His pace is effortless. He just needs that vital injection of belief. He is better than Gauld :agree:

This :agree:

Bronson
16-08-2014, 10:43 PM

Gauld is on a different level to Harris, let's be serious here, from an unbiased view they're not even close.

hibeemikey21
16-08-2014, 10:49 PM

If you actually believe that, I feel sorry for you.

Hibby 2005
17-08-2014, 12:10 AM
Gauld is on a different level to Harris, let's be serious here, from an unbiased view they're not even close.

True, but there are some people on here who had Harris written off a few months ago, unbelievable.

truehibernian
17-08-2014, 12:15 AM
If you actually believe that, I feel sorry for you.

Watched a lot of them in their careers have you mikey ? I have :aok: Don't ever feel sorry for me mate.....my life is sweet :aok:

Pete
17-08-2014, 12:31 AM

To say he is better than Gauld is nonsense. To say he has the potential to be better than Gauld is believable.

He needs to relax and believe in himself. He was seen as the great white hope before the previous season and the worst thing anyone could have done was put his name up in lights.

I get the feeling that he prefers to come from under the radar.

MrRobot
17-08-2014, 12:36 AM

Hopefully not.

truehibernian
17-08-2014, 12:52 AM
To say he is better than Gauld is nonsense. To say he has the potential to be better than Gauld is believable.

He needs to relax and believe in himself. He was seen as the great white hope before the previous season and the worst thing anyone could have done was put his name up in lights.

I get the feeling that he prefers to come from under the radar.

Why ? Even pundits across the UK who I put faith in raised eyebrows at the Gauld transfer.......he wasn't even a regular at United - I've watched Alex from a distance since I was tipped off about him a few years ago and I have also watched Gauld.........Alex, admittedly different positions, is a better footballer. Gauld had the benefit of playing in a side that was attack minded (Fenlon and Butcher wouldn't know attacking football if it slapped them in the face).......he also played in sides with pace (GMS, Russell, Armstrong)............even Jackie Mac jnr was surprised.

What RG has over Alex is belief.......but that I'm afraid is down to poor management (Butcher). Like I say, next year, get back to me - there will be teams queuing to buy Alex :agree:

HoboHarry
17-08-2014, 12:55 AM
Why ? Even pundits across the UK who I put faith in raised eyebrows at the Gauld transfer.......he wasn't even a regular at United - I've watched Alex from a distance since I was tipped off about him a few years ago and I have also watched Gauld.........Alex, admittedly different positions, is a better footballer. Gauld had the benefit of playing in a side that was attack minded (Fenlon and Butcher wouldn't know attacking football if it slapped them in the face).......he also played in sides with pace (GMS, Russell, Armstrong)............even Jackie Mac jnr was surprised.

What RG has over Alex is belief.......but that I'm afraid is down to poor management (Butcher). Like I say, next year, get back to me - there will be teams queuing to buy Alex :agree:
Group of bald men fighting over a comb. Who cares which player is better? I am just delighted that Scotland is producing some good young talent......

ekhibee
17-08-2014, 01:14 AM

Of course pundits from 'across the UK' were surprised, they'd probably never heard of Gauld down south. That doesn't mean he isn't a young player of considerable promise. As far as Harris goes, I put him into the same category as Callum Booth, at the moment anyway. Both looked great stars of the future to begin with, but for 1 reason or another, lost their way. They're both still young enough to show their potential, but until we get promoted it might be quite hard to gauge just how far they've progressed, particularly if you're comparing Harris with Gauld. I would also tend to believe more a rumour about West Brom being interested than Southampton, although Southampton are looking for a winger. When I had a look on their forum the only player in the Scottish leagues that they seem to be interested in is 'the CB at Celtic', presumably they mean Van Dykk.

truehibernian
17-08-2014, 01:17 AM
Group of bald men fighting over a comb. Who cares which player is better? I am just delighted that Scotland is producing some good young talent......

Thankfully I am not bald, and I agree with you :wink:

Bronson
17-08-2014, 01:22 AM

Come on now, that's just blatantly not true. Gauld is a classy wee player, I like Alex but he's not on the same level I'm afraid.

truehibernian
17-08-2014, 01:28 AM
Of course pundits from 'across the UK' were surprised, they'd probably never heard of Gauld down south. That doesn't mean he isn't a young player of considerable promise. As far as Harris goes, I put him into the same category as Callum Booth, at the moment anyway. Both looked great stars of the future to begin with, but for 1 reason or another, lost their way. They're both still young enough to show their potential, but until we get promoted it might be quite hard to gauge just how far they've progressed, particularly if you're comparing Harris with Gauld. I would also tend to believe more a rumour about West Brom being interested than Southampton, although Southampton are looking for a winger. When I had a look on their forum the only player in the Scottish leagues that they seem to be interested in is 'the CB at Celtic', presumably they mean Van Dykk.

Gauld has not played a full season of top flight football - he is not a £3 million player, not ever. Scouts and managers down south of course had heard of Ryan Gauld - yet he went to Portugal - even Lennon is quoted this week as saying he was interested in him but not at the price and not as a first pick. And Celtic were the Scottish champs.

Great for a young player to get that chance - but back to the argument, Alex Harris is a better player than Ryan Gauld - my opinion. All down to managers, team and fan support - folk slated Harris the minute he came back and didn't 'support' him - they claimed he 'never challenged' or ' wasn't the same player cos he shirked challenges'.............ever thought that players in the top end of the pitch deserve a wee bit positive praise and that generally they are not there to bound into challenges..........Hibs fans I am afraid need to support more from the stands to get the best from the young players. We as a fan base are incredibly harsh and instantly judgemental.

This year we will see a really good Alex Harris :aok:

truehibernian
17-08-2014, 01:35 AM
Come on now, that's just blatantly not true. Gauld is a classy wee player, I like Alex but he's not on the same level I'm afraid.

Check stats - he was a sub far more than a starter - fact - Jackie rested him because he felt he was burnt out. Seems you like others have bought into the Gauld transfer fee. For what it's worth, young Sam Nicolson at Hearts is a better player than both Harris and Gauld. But again, that is just my own personal opinion.

Bronson
17-08-2014, 01:51 AM
Check stats - he was a sub far more than a starter - fact - Jackie rested him because he felt he was burnt out. Seems you like others have bought into the Gauld transfer fee. For what it's worth, young Sam Nicolson at Hearts is a better player than both Harris and Gauld. But again, that is just my own personal opinion.

I'm not basing my opinion on his transfer fee, I've watched them both plenty of times to base a well educated enough opinion on, and that is that Gauld is a superior footballer. Not seen much of that Nicholson, my jambo mate rates him but he was non-existent at Castle Greyskull.

GoldenEagle
17-08-2014, 06:43 AM
I'm just delighted that English premiership clubs are once again looking at our players.

There's something far more wrong when they don't come.

lucky
17-08-2014, 07:09 AM
If Hibs get offered a £1m for Harris he will be sold. I hope develops into a player but think he is too much of a bottle merchant to reach the top

Billy Whizz
17-08-2014, 07:11 AM
Hope he rips McHattie today. When we won 2-1 a couple of seasons ago, he was outstanding

Del Boy
17-08-2014, 07:28 AM
Harris is nowhere near the talent of Gauld I'm afraid.

LancsHibs
17-08-2014, 07:37 AM
If Hibs get offered a £1m for Harris he will be sold. I hope develops into a player but think he is too much of a bottle merchant to reach the top

£1m for Harris right now would be great business!!!

Hermit Crab
17-08-2014, 07:45 AM

It would be stupidity on the buyers part! :agree:

J-C
17-08-2014, 07:54 AM
We've not had anyone with the talent to sell off in the past few years, i'm just delighted that there are players at our club at that level again.

bingo70
17-08-2014, 07:56 AM

Why?

It'd only be out to debt, we'd then need to replace him with a free transfer, loanee or someone for a nominal fee.

We need good players not money in the bank.

PeterboroHibee
17-08-2014, 08:00 AM
Harris is nowhere near the talent of Gauld I'm afraid.

Spot on. Harris has shown the odd glimpse of talent, and he will hopefully develop into a much better and consistent player. Ive seen nothing from him so far to suggest he has the ability or mentality to be as good a player as Gauld though (and I dont mean that in a negative way, very few players do).

LancsHibs
17-08-2014, 08:11 AM
Why?

It'd only be out to debt, we'd then need to replace him with a free transfer, loanee or someone for a nominal fee.

We need good players not money in the bank.

Because that would be well above his value in today's market, IMO of course! A club like ours just couldn't turn down that sort of offer. I agree with you that we need good players and not cash in the bank, and AH has the potential to be very good, I would hope that the money gained would be invested into the team to strengthen or there would be no point. This is of course just if, buts and maybes cos I'm pretty sure nobody is going to offer that sort of money and was quoted by the previous poster as an example only?

Brightside
17-08-2014, 08:15 AM
Amazing how many Gauld experts we have on here.

DaveF
17-08-2014, 08:18 AM
A confident Alex Harris is a very valuable asset. The lacklustre, low in belief one who was forced back into the team far too early last season was a waste of a jersey. I have high hopes that Stubbs can get the best out of him so hope he is here and has a great season.

leither17
17-08-2014, 08:29 AM
Harris has never recovered from that injury yet not mentally anyway that fandan butcher didn't help one bit either. On the subject of Gauld he is much like Harris looked a top player for a spell then did nothing for months after that the media bigged him up far too much but fair play to the boy going to Portugal to try to learn a different way of playing

Pray4Marc
17-08-2014, 08:52 AM
I think people forget at this moment we are a championship side, comparing Gauld to Harris is laughable.

hibees 7062
17-08-2014, 09:37 AM

It is West Brom , nobody said Southampton were interested

SMAXXA
17-08-2014, 09:54 AM
I think people forget at this moment we are a championship side, comparing Gauld to Harris is laughable.

I fail to see how being a championship side is relevant to this.

SanFranHibs
17-08-2014, 09:56 AM
I fail to see how being a championship side is relevant to this.

Well, of course it is!!! Only SPL teams lose 6-1 to Celtic !!!

Higgy115
17-08-2014, 12:16 PM
Looks like a new player tiday, top class touches and vision.

Stax
17-08-2014, 02:08 PM
I read your post yesterday TH and you called it spot on re Nicolson on today's evidence. Harris showed flashes today and hopefully he's going to fulfil the potential we all know he has.

Ozyhibby
17-08-2014, 02:11 PM
Thought Harris was a passenger today.
Nicolson looks a good player although I thought Gray did well against him until he changed sides.

Pray4Marc
17-08-2014, 02:14 PM
Was Gauld, I mean Harris even playing today?. Absolute passenger yet again. #S***eBag

Glasgow Hibee
17-08-2014, 02:19 PM
Thought Harris is a little better at the start of this season and does have some good touches and movement but not nearly enough and does seem to lack either confidence or will when it comes to competing for a ball with an opposition player.

Winston Ingram
17-08-2014, 02:20 PM
I thought Harris was excellent first half. Disappeared with the rest of the team in the 2nd

McKenzie
17-08-2014, 02:20 PM
People are kidding themselves on if they're saying they wouldn't take a million for Harris. Decent player yes, but there's definitely better about.

Thecat23
17-08-2014, 02:22 PM
A million for Harris!! I'll carry him on my back to whoever wants him. Also folk comparing him to Gauld are you ****ing serious??

sleeping giant
17-08-2014, 02:23 PM
I thought Harris was excellent first half. Disappeared with the rest of the team in the 2nd

Thought he was decent first half but then , as you say , disappeared with the rest of them.

Glasgow Hibee
17-08-2014, 02:24 PM

I actually missed the first twenty minutes so maybe he did more than I saw overall. I think part of the problem is the balance of the team with him Stanton and Handling all playing together. I think if we had another more experienced midfielder in with any two of the three youngsters it would help them be able to express themselves more.

Winston Ingram
17-08-2014, 02:35 PM
I actually missed the first twenty minutes so maybe he did more than I saw overall. I think part of the problem is the balance of the team with him Stanton and Handling all playing together. I think if we had another more experienced midfielder in with any two of the three youngsters it would help them be able to express themselves more.

Handling & Stanton were completely anonymous all game. Stunned Stubbs never subbed them

smurf
17-08-2014, 02:37 PM
Handling, Stanton and Harris gave very poor contributions.

Glasgow Hibee
17-08-2014, 02:40 PM
Handling & Stanton were completely anonymous all game. Stunned Stubbs never subbed them

I agree but I don't blame the boys themselves for that, I blame the way the team selection and tactics (which is a bit depressing as I thought the same of Butcher :-)

Deansy
17-08-2014, 02:48 PM
No way should we sell Harris, in time he'll become as popular when he first played !. Maybe a good idea if AS sat him down with and a video of him when he started and was going round players like they didn't exist - point out to him that he has 'Got-it', no doubt about that, and just needs to work on his confidence.

blackpoolhibs
17-08-2014, 02:50 PM
I agree but I don't blame the boys themselves for that, I blame the way the team selection and tactics (which is a bit depressing as I thought the same of Butcher :-)

I'd say the tactics were fine, we matched them up all over the park, but individually they were better in the middle of the park than us.

We really could make a case for replacing each and every one of the midfield 5.

sleeping giant
17-08-2014, 02:52 PM
We were not set up to accommodate Harris today. He's a winger who likes to attack but we rarely spread the ball out wide to let him run at players.
We did not try to win that match.

Bishop Hibee
17-08-2014, 02:53 PM
Harris was the best player on the pitch first half, fell out of it second half. Disaster if he leaves as he is our only creative player. Stanton is wasted out wide and Allan is an unknown quantity in a Hibs shirt.

LaMotta
17-08-2014, 02:55 PM
Harris was the best player on the pitch first half, fell out of it second half. Disaster if he leaves as he is our only creative player. Stanton is wasted out wide and Allan is an unknown quantity in a Hibs shirt.

JimBHibees
17-08-2014, 05:07 PM
Harris was Hibs best player. The way Scott Brown spoke about him in glowing terms would IMO mean Celtc were interested. We can't afford to lose him IMO.

BSEJVT
17-08-2014, 05:37 PM
I thought Harris had a very good first half and looked confident and had a good touch.

Handling also looked better today, I am unconvinced by Stanton though.

Craig missed penalty apart did well enough, but don't start me on Robertson.

Our problem, and is not news to anyone remains a lack of pace and creativity.

Hearts had Nicholson, King & Holt all looking to create.

Sad to say they looked better than our 3

McGhee and Mchattie got forward more than Gray & Stevenson.

Our problem is far to few options and not good enough ones.

Hibs1992
17-08-2014, 09:16 PM
Really surprised to see people criticising Harris's performance today. I thought he looked really sharp in the first half and produced our best opening when he slipped in Stevenson who once again failed to put in a cross of any quality.

He was quiet in the second half but that was due to the inability of our team to keep the ball on the ground and show any composure. If he isn't given the ball in forward areas then how is he supposed to have an impact?

gegs70
17-08-2014, 09:25 PM
I like harris and he is a very good player but sometimes he is like a Tony rougier plays 1 game and then disappears. maybe he needs to make an impact as a sub? Really similar for Stanton hasn't really impressed on the left possibly better through the middle?

West hamBERNIAN
17-08-2014, 09:25 PM
Really surprised to see people criticising Harris's performance today. I thought he looked really sharp in the first half and produced our best opening when he slipped in Stevenson who once again failed to put in a cross of any quality.

He was quiet in the second half but that was due to the inability of our team to keep the ball on the ground and show any composure. If he isn't given the ball in forward areas then how is he supposed to have an impact?

Was surprised also, old habits die hard I think. Looking much better again.