PDA

View Full Version : Lets stay grounded

madhatter
06-08-2014, 06:08 PM
Great reaction from support after Rangers game and to best honest, the boys played quite well.

However, not meant in a bad way and not wishing to criticise the players because I was proud of their performance, but Forster and Hanlon still looked a bit lost in parts and Craig and Robertson both remain too deep for me. This caused Stanton and Harris to come in to the centre and made us quite narrow in parts. The biggest worry still is we had a difficult time getting behind their defence.

After all this, Gray was good and Farid could have had 2 goals. Passing still seems a bit timid in places and some passes should be hit with more venom as some were short and led to some problems. However, much improved on last year and movement is much much better.

They looked fitter - although cramp for Robertson was a bit sad to see in first game.

Biggest positives have to be better movement, fitness and throw-ins!

Oh incidentally, does anyone think Boyd would have been sent off for his tackle in the ~60-61 minute when he went lunging in, if he had connected with Stevenson (I think it was)?

Lets all keep grounded and see where this is headed! See you on Saturday!

hibeemikey21
06-08-2014, 06:14 PM
Great reaction from support after Rangers game and to best honest, the boys played quite well.

However, not meant in a bad way and not wishing to criticise the players because I was proud of their performance, but Forster and Hanlon still looked a bit lost in parts and Craig and Robertson both remain too deep for me. This caused Stanton and Harris to come in to the centre and made us quite narrow in parts. The biggest worry still is we had a difficult time getting behind their defence.

After all this, Gray was good and Farid could have had 2 goals. Passing still seems a bit timid in places and some passes should be hit with more venom as some were short and led to some problems. However, much improved on last year and movement is much much better.

They looked fitter - although cramp for Robertson was a bit sad to see in first game.

Biggest positives have to be better movement, fitness and throw-ins!

Oh incidentally, does anyone think Boyd would have been sent off for his tackle in the ~60-61 minute when he went lunging in, if he had connected with Stevenson (I think it was)?

Lets all keep grounded and see where this is headed! See you on Saturday!

I don't think anyone is getting carried away with what was ultimately a defeat.

I think what we are seeing from the fans is just an outpouring of relief that the fundamentals are in place; Stubbs wants us to play a little-known thing called "football"

We can hand the cinema passes back at long last, Mr Williamson.

The_Horde
06-08-2014, 06:21 PM
Nobody is saying we'll take the world on. We're merely happy that there appears to be a vast improvement in players that people (me included) had regarded as garbage.

Borderhibbie76
06-08-2014, 06:34 PM
Biggest plus for me was we had a clear plan and a manager who finally understands tactics and has the players believing in his vision. The last umpteen managers it feels we have had have been tactically inept, especially the last 3 back to calderclown days. We looked like we had a system that worked last night...yes its early days but promising start...

CraigHibee
06-08-2014, 06:54 PM
i think the majority of folk are happy as they see a big change from last season, ball on the deck, ball being passed about rather then "hoofed" players looking for the ball and getting into decent positions rather than not getting forward and hiding.

early days but there is a definite improvement and i'm happy with that, 1 step at a time