PDA

View Full Version : League Cup v Dumbarton - Gesture to Season Ticket Holders?

craigmounthibby
06-08-2014, 06:03 PM
Hopefully the club will do the sensible thing and allow all season ticket holders in for free. Would go some way towards thanking them....

....making it pay at the gate for all would be a very poor decision and ensure a tiny crowd...

whiskyhibby
06-08-2014, 06:04 PM
They already have....if you bought early with a Cup top up....

DC_Hibs
06-08-2014, 06:04 PM
Bear in mind we'd pay the visitors a large chunk based on all attendees regardless of what they paid.

Pretty Boy
06-08-2014, 06:05 PM
What about those of us who paid for the cup top up?

We buy that with the potential we will get nothing to show for it. Why should others get a freebie who chose not to take up this option?

Hibeesmad
06-08-2014, 06:05 PM
Only season ticket holders with cup top up will get into this one for nothing

CallumLaidlaw
06-08-2014, 06:06 PM
Hopefully the club will do the sensible thing and allow all season ticket holders in for free. Would go some way towards thanking them....

....making it pay at the gate for all would be a very poor decision and ensure a tiny crowd...

Yeah as PB says, considering I've paid for my season ticket and top up, I would be extremely disappointed with this as a 'gesture'. It won't happen

Gatecrasher
06-08-2014, 06:07 PM
Yeah I paid £50 for a cup top up so no.

Nevi_SOL
06-08-2014, 06:14 PM
Cup top up holders will be free season ticket holders won't and rightly so. P.S I didn't buy the cup top up

down-the-slope
06-08-2014, 06:30 PM
Only season ticket holders with cup top up will get into this one for nothing

But the point is its not for nothing - CTU is a purchase that may or may not give the buyer something in return for investing in our club. They rightly should expect that not to be diluted by rewarding others.

I choose not to get CTU this year.... but have other seasons. I do not expect to be given something others have already paid for

Borderhibbie76
06-08-2014, 06:31 PM
I think LD will reward ST holders in other ways later on...perhaps a discount on next season?? Not fair on folk who purchased cup top ups if all STs get free entry and won't happen

NadeAteMyLunch!
06-08-2014, 06:32 PM
£15 and £5 I reckon

whiskyhibby
06-08-2014, 06:47 PM
I'm sure I got it free for renewing early.....or was that last year......

aunty joyce
06-08-2014, 09:09 PM
I'm sure I got it free for renewing early.....or was that last year......

If I remember correctly, last year Early Bird S/T holders got the option to purchase it for half price and the year before that it was free :-))

GGTTH

Sir David Gray
06-08-2014, 09:11 PM
I wouldn't expect season ticket holders without a cup top up to get into this match for free.

Hibeesmad
06-08-2014, 09:27 PM
But the point is its not for nothing - CTU is a purchase that may or may not give the buyer something in return for investing in our club. They rightly should expect that not to be diluted by rewarding others.

I choose not to get CTU this year.... but have other seasons. I do not expect to be given something others have already paid for

Yeah I know what you mean mate, in other wording I meant that people who have cup top will not have to buy a ticket for the game

DaveF
06-08-2014, 09:50 PM
I hope its PATG.

I didn't buy the CTU this season, but they can't go letting in others for nothing when some ST holders purchased the CTU.

down-the-slope
06-08-2014, 10:30 PM
Yeah I know what you mean mate, in other wording I meant that people who have cup top will not have to buy a ticket for the game

:aok:

I hope its PATG.

I didn't buy the CTU this season, but they can't go letting in others for nothing when some ST holders purchased the CTU.

you will be disappointed then

Print at Home / P.A.T. Pods .... welcome to 2014 :wink:

Scouse Hibee
06-08-2014, 11:06 PM
:aok:

you will be disappointed then

Print at Home / P.A.T. Pods .... welcome to 2014 :wink:
Season tickets are always devalued by price reductions later in season,so why not devalue the cup top up early in the season too?

3pm
07-08-2014, 06:47 AM
When will we stop looking for a gesture?!

It's getting tedious.

greenlex
07-08-2014, 09:08 AM
I have the cup top up but would have no problem with fans buying a season ticket now attending this game for free as an incentive to buying.

Keith_M
07-08-2014, 09:12 AM
We could get Leigh Griffiths in for this match, he knows all about 'gestures' to Hibs Fans.

:wink:

NAE NOOKIE
07-08-2014, 10:08 AM
Unfair on cup top ups .......... and no I don't have one.

The club will have to anti up with Dumbarton too, so if the crowd is 6,000 that means giving away about £30,000 to them out of an already miserable pot. Not forgetting Police costs.

Lets set the gesture stuff aside for a bit and remember that no matter how pissed off we might be at what has happened, Petrie etc, we still want the club to get promoted ....... as far as I can see that will be a tough enough task without us sucking money out of it.

I get extremely annoyed when I think the club is treating me like a customer instead of a valued supporter. The reason for that is because if I was just a customer I would have bailed years ago. For me part of that supporter ethos is not looking for financial payback in compensation for an inferior product like I would from TESCO or ASDA.

Having said that ........ I do expect Hibs to improve the product, but how they can do that by playing home games for free is beyond me.

bigstu
07-08-2014, 10:51 AM

It's getting tedious.

once the club make one i would expect

NAE NOOKIE
07-08-2014, 10:57 AM
once the club make one i would expect

Free entry to Dundee Utd game for STs ..... small but still a gesture. Time to move on from this IMO.

Oh and ................. Petrie out !!!

Thecat23
07-08-2014, 11:19 AM

Or how about the "fans" stop asking for freebies and dip into their pocket and attend if they want too. I have the CTU myself and I'd be raging if Hibs did this. We are in a dire position and some fans still expect free games to "get some back" sorry but if fans don't want to attend that's fine, but when they only attend free games that doesn't sit well with me.

craigmounthibby
07-08-2014, 02:46 PM
Or how about the "fans" stop asking for freebies and dip into their pocket and attend if they want too. I have the CTU myself and I'd be raging if Hibs did this. We are in a dire position and some fans still expect free games to "get some back" sorry but if fans don't want to attend that's fine, but when they only attend free games that doesn't sit well with me.
Yes, I am a "fan".
I have either bought, or received through early bird, a cup top up for each season since one was required. I agree with others views that it's unlikely to happen, but I'd imagine the club have not sold many cup top ups (a few hundred?), and would prefer the club announced all season tickets are valid to significantly boost the gate, and generate (some more) much needed positive pr with fans. That alone might not encourage all to attend, but it would make a massive difference.

And that all other "fans" who have already put their hand in their pocket for a cup top up, are suitably recompensed in future for this one-off through other means.

So I'm not asking for freebies, at least not for myself.

marinello59
07-08-2014, 02:48 PM

Well said.

silverhibee
07-08-2014, 03:06 PM

It's getting tedious.

I want £50 back and a free Hibs top, i went to Ibrox. :greengrin

lucky
07-08-2014, 03:06 PM
Sorry but I'm not expecting a freebie. But hopefully it will be a sensible price.

Jonnyboy
07-08-2014, 06:49 PM
I have the cup top up but would have no problem with fans buying a season ticket now attending this game for free as an incentive to buying.

Very reasonable suggestion A :agree:

Dave-O
07-08-2014, 06:56 PM

It's getting tedious.

This. :aok:

I never got the top up and fully expect to pay for the cup games as it should be, where are we meant to get the money for players and wages if we give free entry to games. :rolleyes:

Scouse Hibee
07-08-2014, 07:00 PM
Yes a freebie would do me nicely, so what if folk who paid £50 for a cup top up feel hard done to, I paid £380 to watch Hibs in the SPL and then we were relegated and I felt hard done to! On top of that nearly every season there are reductions in prices towards the end of the season that further devalue my season ticket. It won't happen and of course I will pay to watch the cup game, but I would have no qualms about accepting a freebie if it was to happen.

Aldo
07-08-2014, 08:36 PM
I want £50 back and a free Hibs top, i went to Ibrox. :greengrin

If you waited until everyone left you could of picked up what had been chucked!!! Would probably amount to £50 or so quid ;-)

Brooster
07-08-2014, 08:44 PM
This is embarrassing, always on the lookout for freebies. Cup top ups get in for 'free' after having spent £50 for the privilege. Everyone else has to pay, thats the way it is. How can we expect to pay Dumbarton half the gate if everyone gets in for free? We are supposed to be making money from these games.

SteveHFC
07-08-2014, 11:33 PM
If you waited until everyone left you could of picked up what had been chucked!!! Would probably amount to £50 or so quid ;-)

The next time we're at Ibrox i'm going just to get some free coins :wink:

grammyb111
08-08-2014, 11:53 AM
Having bought the CTU more as a gesture (the CTU is of questionable value as is), to devalue it even further would be a bitter pill to swallow...

I'm all for incentives on getting ST numbers though, so to mitigate that perhaps offer free CTU to those buying a ST now and giving those already signed up a free CTU next year? Any way we do it it's going to piss off some people.

This bit has been done to death, but my take is...

Bottom line is we need to sell more season tickets and they ought to represent more of a saving. Last year I missed six home games (both Celtic and St Mirren home games, Hearts at home and first Kilmarnock home), meaning I paid about £30 a game. I appreciate I was daft in buying a ST last year, but in the future were we to make a ST worthwhile if you can attended 2/3 of matches that would encourage a lot more to buy. £265 for an adult ST, £35 for the cup top-up and I don't think folks would complain at all. If the club were to come out and say (for next year): "We're trying something here (with price structure above), if it doesn't work we'll have to go back to previous levels." As long as they were transparent with the numbers, most fans would work with this I expect.

Lay out of (made up) 2014/15 sales

Adult: 2,500 @ £405 = £1,012,500
Adult: 1,000 @ £355 = £355,000
Child: 1,000 @ £25 = £25,000
Child: 500 @ £145 = £72,500
Senior/Student: 1,000 @ £175 = £175,000

Total = £1,640,000

The club then come out and say what the figures are for the following season and as long as the total is say, beaten by 5%, then we keep the prices at those levels?