PDA

View Full Version : Alan Stubbs

db03
06-08-2014, 03:02 PM
I know its still early but I was not over excited when his name was announced as our manager, now however he has won me over. The way he comes across in his interviews and the way he is trying to get us playing football the simple way again is really refreshing.
Big thumbs up from me :thumbsup:

Unseen work
06-08-2014, 03:16 PM
What I like in his interviews is how, maybe you could say inexperienced at giving them, that it he's just very honest. There's no bull **** or puns standard lines you hear off every manager. It's very much just how he judges what he sees.

Really like him

Dashing Bob S
06-08-2014, 03:17 PM
I know its still early but I was not over excited when his name was announced as our manager, now however he has won me over. The way he comes across in his interviews and the way he is trying to get us playing football the simple way again is really refreshing.
Big thumbs up from me :thumbsup:

Offering positive encouragement to players is always going to be more fruitful than telling them they are ***** and going to be binned asap, if you are interested in daft things like getting them to perform.

db03
06-08-2014, 03:19 PM
What I like in his interviews is how, maybe you could say inexperienced at giving them, that it he's just very honest. There's no bull **** or puns standard lines you hear off every manager. It's very much just how he judges what he sees.

Really like him

ye im the same. He does not take the credit either, he just keeps praising the players but in a genuine way and not like you see other managers doing.

GreenCastle
06-08-2014, 03:25 PM
I noticed before extra time the players and staff looked together and focused.

Compare this to extra time in our playoff game against Hamilton and there wasn't much unity.

Stubbs has come across well so far - though he's going to be judged on results.

Aldo
06-08-2014, 03:58 PM
Listening to the article at half time Stubbs was saying that he was open to anyone coming to him with ideas as it's about respect... He said how can I ask them to respect me if I don't respect them.

It's about them buying into his way of thinking/player.

I think we've come a very long way since he took over and yes there is a long way to go but the signs are there.

NadeAteMyLunch!
06-08-2014, 05:58 PM
Terry Butcher has managed for 20 years in a number of different countries, Stubbs has coached a reserve team in England for a couple of seasons and has already shown Butcher up big time! A far, far superior coach and man manager. Well done Dempster for not taking the easy option and sticking with Butcher/Malpas(even writing his name makes me furious)

whiskyhibby
06-08-2014, 06:12 PM
Terry Butcher has managed for 20 years in a number of different countries, Stubbs has coached a reserve team in England for a couple of seasons and has already shown Butcher up big time! A far, far superior coach and man manager. Well done Dempster for not taking the easy option and sticking with Butcher/Malpas(even writing his name makes me furious)

Well said !!

blackpoolhibs
06-08-2014, 06:24 PM
He's had a similar impact that Mowbray had in his first game. I remember watching our first game against Kilmarnock and saw a completely different style of play, and a bunch of players who were allowed to express themselves and did.

All i wanted was the team to give me something to cheer about, yes we lost but the performance got me excited that we might just have a better future. :thumbsup:

NadeAteMyLunch!
06-08-2014, 06:28 PM
He's had a similar impact that Mowbray had in his first game. I remember watching our first game against Kilmarnock and saw a completely different style of play, and a bunch of players who were allowed to express themselves and did.

All i wanted was the team to give me something to cheer about, yes we lost but the performance got me excited that we might just have a better future. :thumbsup:

It's all very Mowbray esque at the moment. Fingers crossed that continues

Borderhibbie76
06-08-2014, 06:28 PM

Its very similar to that killie match in so many ways BH...lets hope what follows is exactly the same. Just heard AS on sportsound and he just oozes a bit of class like Mowbray did...he gives the players and LD all the credit but most importantly emphazized that we lost last night. I like what im hearing so far...

Dashing Bob S
06-08-2014, 06:31 PM
We're playing the proper Hibs way again, which is a relief. Not going to get excited yet, but Stubbs brand of football and his very calming type of enthusiasm is EXACTLY what we need as a support right now.

yankyhibby
06-08-2014, 08:11 PM
We're playing the proper Hibs way again, which is a relief. Not going to get excited yet, but Stubbs brand of football and his very calming type of enthusiasm is EXACTLY what we need as a support right now.

I couldn't agree more.

southsider
06-08-2014, 08:37 PM
Go get those ST's boys and girls. GGTTH

emerald green
06-08-2014, 08:39 PM

:agree: Dare we hope that we have got a decent head coach/manager at long last after so many poor to downright disastrous (Butcher/Malpas) appointments?

If so, credit to LD if she's got it right at this club first time. I know it's very early days, and there will be setbacks along the way, but the early signs are very encouraging.

Crossgates Hibs
07-08-2014, 06:48 AM

I was quite disappointed we never went for Mark Venus as I so wanted the Mowbray type of football back at Hibs. Stubbs has exceeded my expectations so far seems calm and measured has us playing good stuff with less talent than TM had at his disposal. I'm sure we will get a few in but I'm seeing players I would have been glad to see the back off now looking like they should have been. TB has a lot to answer to and it guts me we are still paying this imposter.

SanFranHibs
07-08-2014, 08:21 AM
Looking at the so called 'improvements' he has brought about, I think we are in grave danger of playing good football and I have to say it, as much as it pains me....we might start winning.

Be honest...... as a Hibs fan, do we really need that? Indeed, can we even handle it? In fact, I have just sent LD a petition from thousands of Hibs fans, who by a freakish co-incidence write exactly like me, letting her know that we are distraught by these recent changes and with this petition was sent an exhaustive list of our grievances. I will not detail all these grievances here but the most worrying ones deserve to be mentioned:-

1) Optimism: Positiveness is now creeping into places where it had become only a distant memory, a fading part of Hibernian folklore. We are most shocked that this pernicious mood of hope has even started to undermine the moaning, whining and dependable pessimism of this forum. Recent downtime on Hibs.net, which had been put down to hardware server issues, we can reveal as caused solely by positive thinking and this has been verified by some of the great optimists of our time, including Harry Redknapp and Sinead O'Connor.

2) Negelect: As our fortunes slowly ascend there has been a sudden decrease in the attacks on the misfortunes of our city rivals and we feel that it is unhealthy that Hibs fans should contentrate on the postive events at our club while they still exist. Have we already forgotten the 'Hearts payday tomorrow - Or is it?" thread on this very forum? A monumental work that was on the brink of induction in the reference library hall of fame on George IV Bridge. No-one even views it now (et tu Sergey?).

3) Positive discrimination: One game played in 'meaningful' competition this season and already one defeat and an exit from a major trophy. Yet, incredibly....no scapegoat !!! This cannot be right. Hibs fans without a scapegoat? We are depriving some Hibs players of their rights. Am I only the one who finds it impossible to believe that after one defeat ALL our players have miraculously become Hibs class?

The above three points only scratch the surface of all that is going wrong at our club at this time. Do we not care about what we are doing to the young Hibs fans whose minds might not be able to handle this hitherto unknown phenomena that we call hope. This can only lead to them being confused and uncertain of the true meaning of being a Hibs fan and this mood of optimism will surely cast them into a greater abyss when it reveals itself as illusory, no more than a romantic dream.

We must return to traditional values, despair, humiliation and good old defeatism. If not for ourselves but for our children and all future generations. If we actually do start winning and heaven forbid win this division how can any of us hold our head up in public?

If this positive mood prevails AS and LD will have a lot to answer. Petrie must sort this mess out now before it is too late.

:soapbox:

nellio
07-08-2014, 09:44 AM
Ha, well said pal! Everything looking up.

spike220
07-08-2014, 10:33 AM
Looking at the so called 'improvements' he has brought about, I think we are in grave danger of playing good football and I have to say it, as much as it pains me....we might start winning.

Be honest...... as a Hibs fan, do we really need that? Indeed, can we even handle it? In fact, I have just sent LD a petition from thousands of Hibs fans, who by a freakish co-incidence write exactly like me, letting her know that we are distraught by these recent changes and with this petition was sent an exhaustive list of our grievances. I will not detail all these grievances here but the most worrying ones deserve to be mentioned:-

1) Optimism: Positiveness is now creeping into places where it had become only a distant memory, a fading part of Hibernian folklore. We are most shocked that this pernicious mood of hope has even started to undermine the moaning, whining and dependable pessimism of this forum. Recent downtime on Hibs.net, which had been put down to hardware server issues, we can reveal as caused solely by positive thinking and this has been verified by some of the great optimists of our time, including Harry Redknapp and Sinead O'Connor.

2) Negelect: As our fortunes slowly ascend there has been a sudden decrease in the attacks on the misfortunes of our city rivals and we feel that it is unhealthy that Hibs fans should contentrate on the postive events at our club while they still exist. Have we already forgotten the 'Hearts payday tomorrow - Or is it?" thread on this very forum? A monumental work that was on the brink of induction in the reference library hall of fame on George IV Bridge. No-one even views it now (et tu Sergey?).

3) Positive discrimination: One game played in 'meaningful' competition this season and already one defeat and an exit from a major trophy. Yet, incredibly....no scapegoat !!! This cannot be right. Hibs fans without a scapegoat? We are depriving some Hibs players of their rights. Am I only the one who finds it impossible to believe that after one defeat ALL our players have miraculously become Hibs class?

The above three points only scratch the surface of all that is going wrong at our club at this time. Do we not care about what we are doing to the young Hibs fans whose minds might not be able to handle this hitherto unknown phenomena that we call hope. This can only lead to them being confused and uncertain of the true meaning of being a Hibs fan and this mood of optimism will surely cast them into a greater abyss when it reveals itself as illusory, no more than a romantic dream.

We must return to traditional values, despair, humiliation and good old defeatism. If not for ourselves but for our children and all future generations. If we actually do start winning and heaven forbid win this division how can any of us hold our head up in public?

If this positive mood prevails AS and LD will have a lot to answer. Petrie must sort this mess out now before it is too late.

:soapbox:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FfnhmuZ27eQ