PDA

View Full Version : Homegrown players.

Mango Man
06-08-2014, 01:40 PM
Was great to see so many players that have come through the ranks at Hibs in our starting 11,

Hanlon
Forster
Stevenson
Stanton
Harris
Handling

With Cummings, Booth, Allan and others coming through, then this will set us in good stead for the future I think.

TheFamous1875
06-08-2014, 02:07 PM
:agree: that's the aim for football clubs of our level, create talent, sell it off, invest in creating talent and supplement the first team with experienced and talented pros that the youth can learn from and play alongside.

Youth development doesn't stop at first team level, it goes on until they are no longer 'youths'. Danny handling last night was night and day compared to what we've seen of him for the last two years at senior level.

He's playing a free-flowing, creative game that enables him to express himself and his talents and that's exactly how youth should be blooded into first team football.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

The_Horde
06-08-2014, 02:14 PM
:agree: that's the aim for football clubs of our level, create talent, sell it off, invest in creating talent and supplement the first team with experienced and talented pros that the youth can learn from and play alongside.

Youth development doesn't stop at first team level, it goes on until they are no longer 'youths'. Danny handling last night was night and day compared to what we've seen of him for the last two years at senior level.

He's playing a free-flowing, creative game that enables him to express himself and his talents and that's exactly how youth should be blooded into first team football.

Handling is still a youth. He's only 20!

TheFamous1875
06-08-2014, 02:16 PM
;4118994']Handling is still a youth. He's only 20!

Aye, that's my point mate! Does that no' come across?

The_Horde
06-08-2014, 02:52 PM
Aye, that's my point mate! Does that no' come across?

Must have read it wrong or something. Assumed you meant Danny was one you classed as no longer a youth.

TheFamous1875
06-08-2014, 04:03 PM
;4119036']Must have read it wrong or something. Assumed you meant Danny was one you classed as no longer a youth.

Nut, am sayin' that Danny's performance last night compared to his previous showings was a good example of Hibs having their youths (Danny) being introduced to senior football with the right tactics and approach, allowing them to play passing, creative football, not making them 'do a job' which is what Fenlon did with Handling on the right wing, which was alien to him and he doesn't have the pace for it. He's more of a creative, passing and moving type, than a burst-down-the-wing-and-cross-it type.

Youth players performances and their overall development is never going to be as good as it could be when playing, negative, up imaginative hoofball.

Hopefully, now with Stubbs in charge, we'll see our youngsters being introduced correctly and playing a style of football that suits them and gets the best out of them, like it did with Danny last night.

Lucius Apuleius
06-08-2014, 09:16 PM
Was great to see so many players that have come through the ranks at Hibs in our starting 11,

Hanlon
Forster
Stevenson
Stanton
Harris
Handling

With Cummings, Booth, Allan and others coming through, then this will set us in good stead for the future I think.

I think we should be called the courageous youth team this year.

portycabbage
06-08-2014, 09:40 PM
I think we should be called the courageous youth team this year.

Personally, I blame the football authorities for putting the Health and Safety of our brave child soldiers at risk.

(:wink:)