PDA

View Full Version : Season ticket purchase is a joke!

Kaiserclem
06-08-2014, 11:56 AM
Just called the number on the official website to purchase a season ticket for my elderly father as a surprise gift. He has supported Hibs for all his life and is now 66 yrs old. Unfortunately he cannot afford to purchase one of his own and due to a death of my father in law last week it has made me realise I need to spend more time with my father so what better way than getting him to join myself, my best mate and his ten yr old son each week at Easter Road. Sounds great eh, that is until I try and purchase one..........

Cannot get website to process one so I have now called the number on the official club website 5 times. The first 4 times I was told my an automated message that all operators were busy and this call will now be terminated, which it surely was. On the last occasion there I spoke to an operator who informs me that they cannot process season ticket purchases and that I can only purchase them directly at the club. Really?? I would have thought that seeing as it is 2014 and technology has moved on surely that cannot now be right. Was never the case previously. Extremely disappointed and I have to say that the feeling of looking forward to buying another season ticket to have my father join us has quickly disappeared as that is a joke. I thought the club has moved on and was more supporter friendly. If I had Leeann Dempster's email I hate to think what email I would send. My club has let me down and I worry that if I am having this much hassle to give the club more of my money then others may be having the same problems. If so, we are in the dark ages. SORT IT OUT HIBS!!

As a fan that travels to every away game possible my new found excitement and supporting the 'new sweeping changes' is disappearing. Will now go and have a rethink as unfortunately I now have to get back to work without giving Hibs my money!

hibee_girl
06-08-2014, 12:02 PM
Try 0131 661 1875, you might have better luck.

JoeT_WasTheBest
06-08-2014, 12:23 PM
Jeezo. I'm sorry for your loss mate and you clearly have great intentions wanting to spend more time with your dad. However I tend to think that if you had called the club as advised, you would have got through to them and purchased tickets in the time it took you to type up your rant.

Hopefully you can call them back at some point soon and buy your tickets.

MrRobot
06-08-2014, 01:35 PM
Just phone the club directly. Sure you can also get a form sent out.

LancashireHibby
06-08-2014, 01:48 PM
You've undoutbtedly gone through to Ticketmaster. Try the 0131 number listed above.

M11BMO
06-08-2014, 02:34 PM
And breathe

MurrayfieldHibs
06-08-2014, 02:50 PM
And breathe

deeply, at least three times :wink:

Hibbyradge
06-08-2014, 03:59 PM
deeply, at least three times :wink:

7/11

7 seconds breathing in, 11 out.

scoopyboy
06-08-2014, 04:49 PM
Just called the number on the official website to purchase a season ticket for my elderly father as a surprise gift. He has supported Hibs for all his life and is now 66 yrs old. Unfortunately he cannot afford to purchase one of his own and due to a death of my father in law last week it has made me realise I need to spend more time with my father so what better way than getting him to join myself, my best mate and his ten yr old son each week at Easter Road. Sounds great eh, that is until I try and purchase one..........

Cannot get website to process one so I have now called the number on the official club website 5 times. The first 4 times I was told my an automated message that all operators were busy and this call will now be terminated, which it surely was. On the last occasion there I spoke to an operator who informs me that they cannot process season ticket purchases and that I can only purchase them directly at the club. Really?? I would have thought that seeing as it is 2014 and technology has moved on surely that cannot now be right. Was never the case previously. Extremely disappointed and I have to say that the feeling of looking forward to buying another season ticket to have my father join us has quickly disappeared as that is a joke. I thought the club has moved on and was more supporter friendly. If I had Leeann Dempster's email I hate to think what email I would send. My club has let me down and I worry that if I am having this much hassle to give the club more of my money then others may be having the same problems. If so, we are in the dark ages. SORT IT OUT HIBS!!

As a fan that travels to every away game possible my new found excitement and supporting the 'new sweeping changes' is disappearing. Will now go and have a rethink as unfortunately I now have to get back to work without giving Hibs my money!

Did you finally manage to get one?

Stantons Angel
06-08-2014, 05:38 PM

You have indeed been mucked about with this purchase. But you have unfortunately phoned ticketmaster and they have never been involved in the issue of season tickets.

They deal with the issue of tickets that are printed off and sent out but a Season ticket needs a card specially printed and activated at the ticket office. there is also an application form to be completed too. I do understand that you would want to get this done while you were still full of enthusiasm, unfortunately you may have went in" gung ho" not thinking of the registration procedure for the issue of season tickets.

If you give them a ring or call in and speak with someone they will only be too happy to help and get your dad sorted out.

So give them a bit of slack and i hope everything goes ok for you.

andyf5
06-08-2014, 06:04 PM
You've undoutbtedly gone through to Ticketmaster. Try the 0131 number listed above.

I had similar issues. The number listed is ticketmaster or ticket office. I never found out cause I was told they were too busy and the call was terminated twice. I phoned the 0131 number twice and no-one got back in touch despite being told they would be.

If someone wants to give the club their money it should be easier than this.

snooky
06-08-2014, 06:28 PM
Whether it's football, concerts, or whatever, as soon as I hear Ticketmaster is involved in me acquiring tickets, the event is a write off. I don't do trade with parasitic businesses.

Kaiserclem
06-08-2014, 07:08 PM
Try 0131 661 1875 (tel:0131 661 1875), you might have better luck.

Thanks mate

Lucius Apuleius
06-08-2014, 07:31 PM
Thanks mate

Did you have better luck? Personally never had a problem with tickets either season our match.

DC_Hibs
06-08-2014, 07:50 PM
Did you have better luck? Personally never had a problem with tickets either season our match.

Give him an hour or two to respond as he's just gone for a sauna to cool down.

Ozyhibby
06-08-2014, 08:20 PM
Don't know if it's feasible but I would quite like the club to scale back on all the things it sub contracts out. I don't think any of them do a very good job. It makes you feel like just another customer of a very impersonal business.
Be nice if it was part of Leeann's modernisation plan to make the club feel more like a club.

Lucius Apuleius
06-08-2014, 09:06 PM
Give him an hour or two to respond as he's just gone for a sauna to cool down.

:-)

Lucius Apuleius
06-08-2014, 09:07 PM
Don't know if it's feasible but I would quite like the club to scale back on all the things it sub contracts out. I don't think any of them do a very good job. It makes you feel like just another customer of a very impersonal business.
Be nice if it was part of Leeann's modernisation plan to make the club feel more like a club.

I dont disagree with youbut there are a lot of implications when you stop subcontracting and taking things inhouse.