PDA

View Full Version : David Gray - very impressed!

California-Hibs
06-08-2014, 07:43 AM
First time seeing Gray last night and I have to say, it looks like we've signed a very decent right back! His touch and control was sublime, aswel as his willingness to surge forward. Dare I say it...he was almost Murphy like!

Very impressed. Hopefully he keeps that kind of performance up all season, that's the key.

Forza Fred
06-08-2014, 08:55 AM
My man of the match.

Winston Ingram
06-08-2014, 09:31 AM
He was very good last night.

Heedersnvolleys
06-08-2014, 09:38 AM
Yip, and that is why I would like us to get an out and out LB. Not a LB come
left winger or LB come CH. Makes all the difference.

And before anyone starts I thought Stevenson done well last night.

TowerHibs
06-08-2014, 10:43 AM
need cover i think though.

Turkish Green
06-08-2014, 10:49 AM
First time seeing Gray last night and I have to say, it looks like we've signed a very decent right back! His touch and control was sublime, aswel as his willingness to surge forward. Dare I say it...he was almost Murphy like!

Very impressed. Hopefully he keeps that kind of performance up all season, that's the key.

He was very good last night but I'd hardly go as far as sublime. My one concern is that he will collect a lot of bookings ver the season, unless he dampens his enthusiasm, so AS may need cover.

KeithTheHibby
06-08-2014, 12:13 PM
Yip, and that is why I would like us to get an out and out LB. Not a LB come
left winger or LB come CH. Makes all the difference.

And before anyone starts I thought Stevenson done well last night.

We won't though, we have Stevenson, Booth and the young lad Dunsmore who can play LB. If Stubbs is looking to add to the squad left back won't be an area he will look at I reckon.

Onceinawhile
06-08-2014, 12:23 PM
Was a decent debut, hopefully stubbs can squeeze more out of him.

stopped us having a home grown back 4 though.

blackpoolhibs
06-08-2014, 12:29 PM
He looked the part, and did seem to work well with Harris. Both looked comfortable working together and playing each other in behind the rangers defenders.

At last a right back it seems. :top marks

JimBHibees
06-08-2014, 12:31 PM
Certainly the full backs are very important in the system AS is playing and thought both did well.

Hopefully he stays fit and we get a good consistent season out of him.

EdinMike
06-08-2014, 12:40 PM
I loved the way he played, however I'm concerned with him bombing forward as much as he did as Harris isn't an ideal candidate to "sit and cover" for him when he does.

PS I think Lewis was one of the few players who managed to beat a man several times last night. How anyone can still criticise him is beyond belief.

Sir David Gray
06-08-2014, 07:47 PM
I think he's going to be a very good signing for us.

I've liked what I've seen so far.

Brightside
06-08-2014, 07:50 PM
I loved the way he played, however I'm concerned with him bombing forward as much as he did as Harris isn't an ideal candidate to "sit and cover" for him when he does.

PS I think Lewis was one of the few players who managed to beat a man several times last night. How anyone can still criticise him is beyond belief.
That's why we play 4231. The sitting mids can cover centre and CBs move out wider.

Jonnyboy
06-08-2014, 07:57 PM

TBF when DG goes forward, Robertson slots in to cover usually

emerald green
06-08-2014, 08:18 PM
I've only seen DG play once, and that was the friendly against Dundee Utd.

I know it was only a friendly, but I like to think that after all the years I've spent both playing and watching football I can recognise a good full back. He's not John Brownlie, but DG is a good full back IMO. Lets hope he goes on to prove to be an excellent signing.

Stevie Reid
06-08-2014, 10:04 PM
Was confident that a guy who has played that position his whole career would be good for us, and he looked very good. That said, DVZ and Michael Hart didn't bear out that theory!

Time For Heroes
06-08-2014, 10:26 PM
Really like him, reckon he could be this years love.

shetlandhibee
07-08-2014, 02:16 AM

I was just away to say that exact words that's creepy hahah

Pedantic_Hibee
07-08-2014, 05:42 AM
Very impressed with him against the Arabs and The Rangers.

HibbyAndy
07-08-2014, 06:44 PM
This guy looks the real deal! How long have we crying out for rb?! Fantastic delivery into the box and no nonsense with terrific energy..Keep it up son.